• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 27, 2020

    Age of Empires II Only the best use for a computer of such magnitude...

    Age of Empires II Only the best use for a computer of such magnitude...


    Only the best use for a computer of such magnitude...

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 07:08 PM PST

    Petition to rename the 'Elite Dismounted Konnik' to 'Dismounted Elite Konnik'

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 04:16 AM PST

    What is he supposed to be elite at - actually fighting or just falling off his damn horse?!

    submitted by /u/BendicantMias
    [link] [comments]

    Whiteknight1000 asked for a wallpaper of my last "farming tranquility" post, so here it is

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 02:17 PM PST

    We need a Wololo for DE

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 06:39 AM PST

    Let's face it, neither the community nor the developers of DE can compare to that of Voobly!

    Unfortunately I have no idea how to program it but if the Voobly community were to bring out a mod like Wololo, only for DE i feel most user would switch back (not even accounting for those that never switched over). The way DE is right now, simply sucks....

    Don't get me wrong, I like what the new changes, but all those randome drops, the fact that people can intentionally slow down connecting to avoid a loss, and the poor matchmaking system simply overshadow a lot of the good stuff. I personally just really hope that someone more gifted than me will create taht mod!

    Sry for the rant, but i am sure a lot of you agree with me

    submitted by /u/Anuri_DnD
    [link] [comments]

    Most "zergling" like AOE2 unit

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 05:46 AM PST

    My favorite unit to use in BW was the zergling. I loved how it was quick, agile, and devastating when microd in your opponents eco. Controlling zerglings to do maximum damage was like its own minigame inside the game of Broodwar. You could do dmg with them early (being the first combat unit you can build), and could be upgraded later to still keep up with the tier 3 (IMP age) units.

    By that description, what unit MOST fits within AOE2. I understand there will be no direct comparison. If your idea isnt in the poll (like another UU) comment it.

    https://strawpoll.com/72e9g6px

    submitted by /u/bassofkramer
    [link] [comments]

    What a spinny boi

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:41 AM PST

    Age of Empires II: DE - ELO Distribution as of 26/02/2020 20:30 GMT

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:59 PM PST

    Seems Familiar... Ad in my Instagram stories

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 03:48 AM PST

    Game is unplayable since maintenance

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:06 PM PST

    I'm talking about team ranked games, dunno about the rest.

    Every single game either I get freeze and lag out or somebody else. IF the game continues it is always VERY laggy with 1-2 players having red or yellow ping symbol (sometimes It's me, sometimes it isn't). Other people in my games also complained and I've never had problems before this maintenance + my ping is normal when I check it in lobby browser.

    Is there something I can do to fix this on my end or just wait for a patch? It's been 3 days now....

    submitted by /u/Rhinofishdog
    [link] [comments]

    The perfect way to finish an over one hour game :(

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:35 AM PST

    I couldn't find the artist. But Age of Empires II is always the childhood classic.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 03:12 PM PST

    Yodit Mission 3 "A Fallen Crown" | Hard Playthrough

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:12 AM PST

    I recommend changing "Prithviraj" mission 2, "The Digvijaya"

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:40 AM PST

    So, I am doing the second "Prithviraj" mission, and I have only come 20 min in so far, but I have noticed a few things that I think needs changing, and it's all related to enemy scouting.

    The first issue is that you start with your only unit, the hero unit Prithviraj far away from your base and you can't return before killing the tiger. And you can see your base but have no resources before returning to it. The first problem, is that obviously the devs put 3 Water Buffalo in your base to get food from when getting back, but there is no other unit, and they are not enclosed, so if you are unlucky or not fast enough, the enemy will just take them, completely free, and there is nothing you can do about it.

    Second issue is that other enemies are also enemies with each other, and what happens is that one enemy scouts close to another, and pulls an army with them, and as soon as the scout dies, they stay in the area until they notice another enemy close by. This can be a problem as I have restarted this mission once after red scout managed to pull an army of purple into my base and die while I was in feudal. And this time, Cyan managed to pull red units to a place where I was about to go hunting right before my vills got there. Thankfully I noticed it in time and sent my vills home again.

    But these are some issues I think should be looked at for the early parts of this mission, especially the second part. Not fun getting overrun with castle age units in feudal age.

    submitted by /u/Reaper8U
    [link] [comments]

    Casters like Viper and T90 changed DE 2 civ icons with unique unit icons but I was recognizing civ icons better :/ How are you doing? I'm especially asking to noobs/non-players.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:38 AM PST

    I'm not against this or anything and I can especially understand Viper, since he is actually a player. It's just my opinion.

    submitted by /u/Santibag
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Scenario creation

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 01:06 AM PST

    Issue #1

    So I used Mayan as the civ for 3 teams and Aztec as the civ for 3, in one big city of allies for a mix of colour and wonder style. At one point I had towncentres but had the issue of the mayans auto -generating a villager as per their civ bonus. After removing the TCs and even changin the mayans to aztec, the spot where the TC was still creates a villager one test. With no AI and no TC they still get a villager created wherever the last TC was.

    Pic, these villagers are Aztec now but still auto-generated

    Issue #2

    How can I get Kings: hero kings and unit kings etc. to not run away to a castle in my cinematic scenarios ? Also ai villagers go and chop trees even if there's no lumber camp or TC to return to. I have AI set to "none" and even a trigger of Freeze takes a second to apply so the King is not where I placed him. I could have an attack move one square then have the freeze but it seems overkill when I just want him to not move. And I'm already running at 200 triggers.

    submitted by /u/Viccytrix
    [link] [comments]

    Help a noob?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 06:56 AM PST

    Heyo!

    I just got my hands on AoE2 HD and i try to figure out how to play well against the IA.

    I just can't build an economy fast enough, meaning i can't get a good military. Then the IA raid me with only their special unit that i can't beat with overwhelming numbers. I just can't get my defenses up fast enough and i always get destroyed... against the Standard difficulty IA...

    Need help please?

    submitted by /u/TheSpyZecktrum
    [link] [comments]

    When Heresy Konniks are converted, the converting faction should get a Horse

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:50 AM PST

    \Neigh.**

    submitted by /u/Miisat
    [link] [comments]

    [SoTL] Konnik

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Reporting players in multiplayer?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 02:08 AM PST

    So I have been playing DE for a few weeks now and sometimes when I queue up for team games, I get a team member who just suicides at the start of the game, leaving me playing an unwinnable 2v1, is there any way to report players that does this shit? Anyway to mitigate the toll it takes on my elo?

    submitted by /u/GodGrabber
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the Age of Empires content we consume

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 06:38 PM PST

    Hello everyone! I'm curious about what type of AoE content do you consume (stream/youtube/etc).

    1. Pro Player POV Games
    2. Casted Pro Games/Tournaments
    3. Noob videos/streams with a community
    4. Meme/funny AoE videos/content
    5. Other

    I'd appreciate if you also provided a percentage of your consumption - i.e. you watch 70% tournaments and 30% meme videos.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/AgeofNoob
    [link] [comments]

    Which Civ would become significantly scarier with a full Tech Tree AND their regular civ traits?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:55 PM PST

    Wanted to create a custom map with an absolute monster civ by removing their tech restriction.

    I thought about maybe Byzantines with their Cataphract or Aztec with their solid eco or Turks with their only weakness being the lack of trash units.

    Which Civ would become significantly scarier with a full Tech Tree AND their regular civ traits?

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    So what's up with replays?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 04:20 PM PST

    Just tried to watch a replay after a game and it switched immediately to Gaia view and i couldn't do anything. The overlay was also "twitching" in a way and there was a sound like clicking all the time. Then I tried watching an older game to confirm the bug and it finished after 10 seconds. I tried google, but nothing similar popped up, can someone replicate this?

    submitted by /u/Kirbbubbly
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment