• Breaking News

    Monday, March 30, 2020

    Age of Empires II What happens in Frank castles during quarantine

    Age of Empires II What happens in Frank castles during quarantine


    What happens in Frank castles during quarantine

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    Guess I should have traded...

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    75k we did it boys!

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Why are trade carts not included in villager count?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 11:06 PM PDT

    Often in intense team games I will be rushing setting up trade routes to focus on the action or booming and I will end up over producing trade carts and messing up my population/eco balance. They are included in the gold count but not the villager count on the resource bar. Tbh this is a pretty insignificant detail but it keeps annoying me.

    submitted by /u/hoostman
    [link] [comments]

    War elephant holding a Roman legionary in his trunk. Sculpture from the Sacro Bosco garden, 16th c.[1944x2592]

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    Boar lure

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    When your host creates an Age of Empires multiplayer game with a low population limit

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    Only 4 unranked lobbies showing despite record numbers showing

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    AOE DE has always played up its unranked lobby. I and my friends lobby not showing up when one of us creates it. In the last few days, it has gotten much worse. This morning only 4 unranked lobbies showed up and three of them had password locks.

    This needs to be sorted it out. It's frustrating and ridiculous there are still lobby issues after nearly a year of release.

    And yes I have checked my filters.

    submitted by /u/TheSuaveYak
    [link] [comments]

    Hello guys! Today 01GMT capoch will stream AoEDE for the first time since his retirement on twitch. Let's watch a legend coming back! See you there!

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    In-Game Chat Censorship?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    I've been googling around how to fix this dumb issue but still no luck. I'm bought the game through MS Store and it auto signs in to Xbox Live. The in-game chat censor is absolutely ridiculous. Blocks regular words for inexplicable reasons. When in the heat of battle you haven't got time to be rewording and sending messages 3 times. From what people are saying on here if I sign out of Xbox Live it should fix the issue but it won't even let me run the game without being signed in...what am i doing wrong?

    Is this also a problem on Steam? If not, I'm strongly considering just dropping the $20 and buying it again because MS are pissing me off.

    submitted by /u/pmx7
    [link] [comments]

    Me trying to play custome games... BINGO!

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Tatars buff/overhaul suggestion

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 03:07 AM PDT

    So I think it goes without saying that between the 4 DE civs, the Tatars are without a doubt the most underwhelming. Currently, this is what their bonuses and UTs look like currently.

    Unique technologies

    • Silk Armor: Scout Cavalry line and Cavalry Archers +1 pierce armor.
    • Timurid Siegecraft: Trebuchets +1 range.

    Civilization bonuses

    • Herdables contain +50% food.
    • Units do +50% damage when attacking from higher elevations (instead of +25%).
    • Parthian Tactics are free.

    Team bonus

    Cavalry Archers +2 LOS.

    The Tatars are one of two cav archer civs in game and like their relatives the Mongols, have a bonus for siege aswell. However as a cav archer and siege civ, their bonuses don't help in such a way where you would ever pick them over the Mongols for example. Their cav archer identity is based around the LOS bonus, free Parthian Tactics, and the extremely situational hill bonus. The seige bonus aswell is only marginally useful. A unit with such high range doesn't need more range. Here are my suggestions to give the civ a better identity and a place in the game.

    • Parthian Tactics are free.

    This bonus needs to be replaced entirely. I think having it replaced by either free ballistics or free thumb ring would be much more helpful. Between the two I'd prefer the latter since its generally more helpful and also lets you delay a uni for longer, letting you float wood.

    • Units do +50% damage when attacking from higher elevations (instead of +25%).

    As much as I dislike this bonus, its iconic to the civ. To make it more helpful id add on to it that extra damage taken from hill bonuses is negated (regular damage is taken).

    Additionally, I would add one more civ bonus to help the civ feel like a real nomadic raiding civ.

    • Cav archers, scout line, steppe lancers +1 attack in castle age (possibly another +1 in imp?)

      Onto their UTS

    • Silk Armor: Scout Cavalry line and Cavalry Archers +1 pierce armor.

    I like this one, but I think it would be fitting to make it apply to steppe lancers aswell, if not all cav. Maybe up the cost accordingly, an added 100 gold?

    • Timurid Siegecraft: Trebuchets +1 range.

    This one is the most underwhelming if the bonuses IMO. My suggestion?

    • Siege weapons effected by ballistics.

    Now this might seem a bit broken, but in comparison to some other dominant seige civs, I think this is fair. It's definitely much more useful IMO, making single mangonels and scorpions much more threatening and hard to dodge, and allowing trebuchets to be more than just anti-building.

    I know it seems like a complete overhaul but it really is just 2 new bonuses with the rest being tweaked to be more impactful. Regardless your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated and Im always open to discussion!

    submitted by /u/BlackkDiamondzz
    [link] [comments]

    REQUEST: Can somebody please port Short Walls to DE?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    The only major mod I'm still missing from Voobly/HD is ''Short Walls'', here's the one I used before: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=680790000

    I am surprised that so many people switched to DE and at the same time nobody really seems to bother with this one, while actually I think it's an important game asset for visibility.

    submitted by /u/minasankonnichiwa
    [link] [comments]

    Too new players, learn when to tap out.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    Just got DE, been an HD scrub for a long while. One of the things I've noticed is that players resign far too quickly. The first hint of pressure of 3 vil deaths and they drop out. Look at score and allies. If you have someone booming, stay in they may carry.

    On the other hand, please don't make us kill everyone of your Vils and buildings. It's bad manners and stretch's games longer then they should.

    If they toxic though. Fat slob the shit out of your last vil.

    submitted by /u/Team-CCP
    [link] [comments]

    I didn't know siege rams doubled as boats

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    AoE2 vs History - The Bulgarians

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    The Definitive Edition is so so good

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    I've been playing since back in the ROR days and started my yearly "get back into AOE2" phase. Silly me didn't even realise there was a Definitive Edition until today. The game looks so good and i'm really struggling to find anything that worked better in the original or the Remaster. I feel like that vince mcmahon meme every time i find something new and improved. Grouped units shown down the bottom? Auto scout on horses?

    Man this game is so good.

    submitted by /u/TheHighwayman90
    [link] [comments]

    Free age upgrade civ

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    New civ idea. I know there will never be a new one, still fun designing one.

    Get Feudal age upgrade for free at 13:00

    Get Castle age upgrade for free at 21:00

    Get Imperial age upgrade for free at 40:00

    What do you all think?

    Slower upgrades speeds stop you from rushing to certain ages but give you so many free resources and towncenter time that it should still be worth it.

    submitted by /u/Muted-Building
    [link] [comments]

    BF FFA so long I had to throw in a pizza(3+ hours)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    AoE2 DE Tutorials by the Devs

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    Want to start play aoe2

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 02:17 AM PDT

    Never bought a game through steam I'd like to play aoe2 online, which version to buy

    submitted by /u/sidaz10
    [link] [comments]

    How do I git gud?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 06:58 PM PDT

    Ok, first post here, I'm not a new AoE2 player, I've been playing the game since I was 12, (I`m 26yo now), and I found that I totally suck at this game, I wanted to play with some friends online, and I get my ass handed to me, that is not a big problem, because I don't feel to bad about loosing a game as long as I'm having fun playing it, but I'm started to feel that I can't really defend myself or help my friends online, so I'm looking for advices, I started watching spirit of the law, great channel but I think it is more number oriented instead of the "AoE2 for Dummies guide" that I'm looking for.

    I would like to learn how to play with any of this civ, which are my favourites, (in order) Celts, Italians, Spanish and Britons, any help is appreciated.

    Regards from the beautiful land of Uruguay.

    submitted by /u/Gabrielvs2500
    [link] [comments]

    Would a civ with no priests/monastery but instead basic regeneration for all units be balanceable

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    Could it be done or would it be to hard to balance? What are your ideas? Mechanical units still get repaired normally just no monastery and all units slowly regenerate health like heros or berserkers.

    submitted by /u/Acceleratio
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment