• Breaking News

    Friday, February 26, 2021

    Age of Empires II Results of AoE2 1v1 S-Tier tournaments 2000-2021

    Age of Empires II Results of AoE2 1v1 S-Tier tournaments 2000-2021


    Results of AoE2 1v1 S-Tier tournaments 2000-2021

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 02:45 AM PST

    It probably doesn't much to most of you but I did it! After weeks of just playing the moderate AI this Event forced me to try it and today I beat the Extreme AI! My heart is still pounding!

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 01:00 PM PST

    Is pathing getting worse?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 02:47 AM PST

    I swear to god, weird shit is happening with military units.

    Be me

    Be drushing

    Be selecting units and clicking north so they walk in a straight line outside of the TCs range of fire

    Units walk in a crooked "L" not straight line "I" - they turn east into the TC instead of north - like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3NuNfVqO2U

    Anyone else?

    Edit: Why is this being downvoted - if it's an issue/bug we should be able to agree on it yes no

    submitted by /u/Fitfatthin
    [link] [comments]

    Insufficient post-game statistics

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 03:50 AM PST

    Hey everyone, one of my biggest disappointments with DE is the post-game stats, I don't get why there haven't been any game stats added since the early 2000s, I think it would be very interesting to have more stats and graphs such as :

    • TC Idle time
    • Villager idle time
    • Resources in the bank
    • Resource efficiency of units
    • Total number of military units trained
    • Total HP healed by monks
    • Number of TCs
    • Number of military production buildings -... Etc

    I could go on for hours about all the stats I wish we could have in DE because I love looking at all the numbers after a game and analysing the data in my head. Some of these stats exist in CaptureAge but I don't want to have to record all my games and watch them again to see the stats, I wish they were integrated in this 20 year-old post-game screen. Age of Mythology's post-game screen has had over 15 graphs and more detailed stats since 2003, why can't DE get at least some of those? People have been asking for those and I wonder why havent the devs done anything in that direction, I'm sure they have more important things to do but how hard can it be to add more detailed stats? (I'm honestly asking, it sounds really easy to do but I could be way off)

    Thanks for coming to my TedTalk, be sure to grab a lamed boar sandwich on the way out

    submitted by /u/AcidTaco
    [link] [comments]

    A note from the Age of Empires team: Official Age titles (re misleading game promotions using Age of Empires assets)

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 07:28 PM PST

    Look at these historical house walls

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 03:24 PM PST

    Hera finally hit his Ladder goal, first 2600 Rating in DE

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 10:23 AM PST

    All in scouts is wild

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 01:18 AM PST

    I played a game earlier as Japanese planning to do MAA -> Archers. Opponent was lithuanians. I kinda flubbed up my build and also scouted his stable so I knew he was going scouts. I tried to small wall and make a few spears, switch to straight archers, go castle. OH MAN. I didnt quite get walled up when I see a few scouts. They dink and dunk around running from spears and slapping buildings but I hold for a min.

    And then more. I'm like hmmm hes never gonna make castle age using all the food like that. I sparingly make a couple more spears because I have a bit I'm having trouble walling. Lemme tell ya... the scouts didnt stop. I ended up with like 16 archers and garrisoned my TC and this dude has scouts eating arrows under my TC and wipes so many vils and ALL my archers and spears. He ended up killing some other vils too. I went archers into castle into gg build order.

    I scope his base. Dude has like 6 stables and around 50 farms. He was not going castle. I played around with it and if you can beat the Arabia wall meta it can be really fun. People dont expect it at all! If they wall everything forget it though.

    Anyways it was a silly match and a build I didn't consider before! It ended up wrecking me so hard because I was trying to conserve res to limp to castle age!

    submitted by /u/WastelandMedic93
    [link] [comments]

    Tarkans are pretty strong!

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 12:06 AM PST

    5 min ago I played against huns as Bulgarians. I had a perfect opening with 4 scouts in his base and already saw his 2 archerranges. So... castleage was great too with having full upgraded skirms and knights to deal with his CA and I also got a castle on the hill between us. I got early in imp so my eco was way weaker than his was. I pushed him hard but didn't expected the spam of tarkans and hussars. The tarkans eat walls and tc like bread and the game turned out good for him. Only halbs and kreposts safed my base. I used my knights to raid his eco and won finally, but I must say it was the most stressful game I've ever had! The mobility of Huns is impressive, like their tarkans just acting like freaky rams! I didn't saw any player go tarkans before, but keep in mind they are amazing and no one would expect a Desaster like they produce!

    submitted by /u/Difigiano33
    [link] [comments]

    MbL's money shot

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 03:48 PM PST

    Favourite civ for base game and expansion packs

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:38 AM PST

    Hi everyone, I am curious to know if you have a civ you prefer, some reason that is not only gameplay, for each "pack" of the game. For example, mine would be:

    Age of Kings: Mongols. As a kid I remember my older brother usually playing with them.

    The Conquerors: Spanish. Like conquistadors a lot! ¡Guerrá!

    The Forgotten: Italians. Probably biased opinion because I am italian, but I like how the genoese crossbow looks and the intro music.

    The African Kingdoms: Malians. I like having gbetos in army.

    The Rise of the Rajas: Malay. A unit costing half population intrigued me at first, and finally a civ who can play Two Handed Swordmen!

    The Last Khans: Bulgarians. I like the voice dub, and the Konnik looks too cool! Loved the campaign, and the intro music is wow!

    The Lords of the West: N/A. Haven't got the game yet. But I love Sicilian voice!

    submitted by /u/Visible_Ant_6832
    [link] [comments]

    I dont wanna click bait you. but this match from my last tournament is a must watch...

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 03:45 AM PST

    Some crazy meme strat got executed in this match in the quarter final... that i never seen in my 20 years of AoE2. meme lovers you've been warned 11

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N1KkN5fyRI

    submitted by /u/Greyraven91
    [link] [comments]

    I know this isn't really that much of an accomplishment, but there was a time not too long ago that the hard AI would kick my butt.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 01:58 PM PST

    TAW Clan for AOE 2 DE

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 08:38 AM PST

    Top 5 Experts in Age of Empires 2 You Should Start Following - Age Of Notes

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:31 AM PST

    Change the main menu background without a mod

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 12:18 AM PST

    So, I wanted to have a custom main menu background. Since I am not able to do a mod, I searched for another way, which I am sharing here. It is fairly simple, once you know the steps.

    Perhaps it helps someone.

    Custom Background in AoE II DE

    submitted by /u/DonDinardoni
    [link] [comments]

    How to Use Elite Cannon Galleon?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 05:58 AM PST

    Hi All,

    Played an islands regicide game with friends last night as Spanish and used the ECG for the first time. It was cool killing enemy galleons from outside their range and taking out buildings from the seas, but once their ships got in close enough to hit I didn't trade well due to ECG's slow firing rate.

    What should I be using as a meat shield (wood shield?) to make sure the ECGs in back aren't touched?

    submitted by /u/CallMeBernin
    [link] [comments]

    AoE2DE Lords of the West Campaign Files

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 10:08 PM PST

    Before Lords of the West is out, I could open up the campaigns to extract the scenarios through the Campaign Editor.

    However, I cannot do that anymore, because the files are now in .gpv, rather than aoe2campaign.

    Has anyone a solution on how to do so?

    submitted by /u/hussar269c
    [link] [comments]

    So i just unlocked the achievement of beating the extreme AI...

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 03:31 PM PST

    ...by setting it to the Conquerors AI. I feel guilty.

    submitted by /u/mantlehood76
    [link] [comments]

    [MOD] Original Death Sounds

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 06:26 PM PST

    Hey guys, if you miss the classic death sounds (https://youtu.be/DEsB-DNbpS4) but prefer to keep the other DE sound effects, check out my mod here 😀

    https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/21188/

    I know there are already a few Original Sounds mods. But I really like to keep DE's attacking sounds (crossbow, pike, etc.) as they are more colorful.

    Hope you enjoy!

    submitted by /u/Pilgrim_HYR
    [link] [comments]

    Written campaign walkthrough

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 03:04 AM PST

    I know there are videos walkthrough but I don't want to spend 30mn watching a video and then repeat everything. I'm looking for some kind of written walkthrough or guidelines because I'm stuck now and sometimes I just don't get what the game expects from me or how to do what's asked. Do you know any kind of guide online? Thanks a lot! Edit: For AoE2 DE

    submitted by /u/01110100-01110111
    [link] [comments]

    Aoe2 de mouse hot keys not working

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 10:45 PM PST

    Hey all, just a quick question. I'm trying to set up hot keys using my forward and back mouse button as control groups but I'm having trouble. I'm able to set the keys to create the group and recall it but in game it doesn't work.

    When I set the keys in options it just comes up as 'ctrl + extra button' (to set) and 'extra button' to recall. Is the game not recognizing something correctly?

    submitted by /u/nicklePie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment