• Breaking News

    Monday, November 1, 2021

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Please Welcome Our New Mods!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 07:53 AM PDT

    With the subreddit still growing it was time for more hands on deck. So please welcome our new mods /u/cyanide, /u/warassasin, and /u/cookieongo!

    Thanks for all the applications and mostly for being a part of this community for our wonderful game.

    submitted by /u/Pete26196
    [link] [comments]

    This is the strangest reaction I've seen to date in AoE. This guy refuses to play after I said "gl hf". Do you guys understand this?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 03:08 PM PDT

    Mandatum?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 10:17 PM PDT

    Happy Halloween! Here's a pic of my Flemish Militia costume.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 06:34 PM PDT

    New anti-rush strategy.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    I can dream

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 04:48 AM PDT

    Hype increased after KotD4 Qualifiers

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    Hi all! I must admit that I was hyped about the upcoming KotD4 Tournament. After watching the Qualifiers, though, I must confess that I'm SUPER hyped! What an awesome bunch of series, with lots of crazy strats, comebacks and really tight matchups! Players who advanced are looking really solid, and I'm sure we will see them upsetting some of the seeded players.

    I really recommend you rewatching as many matches as you can. Streamers (I watched Memb, OrnLu, jbr_aoe and Nova_AOE) have been fantastic (I personally have discovered Nova, and really like his style). Have a nice week!

    submitted by /u/Azot-Spike
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone ever have this happen to them too????

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 03:04 AM PDT

    Suggestion: allow to filter by ping instead of by server, or to at least select multiple servers!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    I call it: 'The Staredown'

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 02:24 PM PDT

    This answers a lot of my geographyquestions, ie. Magyars. Also, Kipchaks!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 08:59 PM PDT

    Which civ and unit says "ewevewee"?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 10:59 PM PDT

    Couldnt find it for ages, I am sure I heard some unit say this long time ago.. help! Edit: Magyar attack

    submitted by /u/tropical_daisy
    [link] [comments]

    I was playing 4v4 Coastal Forest and somehow won the game in Feudal by myself.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 04:50 AM PDT

    How to beat the Hard AI on arena?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 10:50 PM PDT

    From Dark Age through to mid Castle everything is smooth sailing and I can manage feudal up time in 12 mins (fast speed) and castle age in about 15 mins. Then AI advances to Imperial fast and just overwhelms my entire base with a huge unbeatable army. Goth Spam saved me once but then trying to counterattack their base is nigh impossible. Please give tips and suggestions on how to win here

    submitted by /u/AppleEmpire_2629
    [link] [comments]

    "Running Process interfering with game...

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 07:21 AM PDT

    This may be caused by anti-virus software, malware, game overlays, or other active processes on your PC."

    This pop up has crashed my last three games in a row. It happened twice, I looked it up and everything I found was either over a year old talking about how patches to the game had caused it or saying that whitelisting AoE2/turning off the Anti virus would fix it. I tried that and it happened again (that being the 3rd game).

    Does anyone have any experience with this crash beyond these two options? All these games crashing is starting to drag on me.

    submitted by /u/xxthearrow
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for feedback

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 10:35 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I've been doing a little bit of commentary for AoE2 and I'm interested in getting some feedback from the community on how I might improve (either with my commentary style, production, pretty much anything really). I intended on practicing a bit more behind closed doors before sharing my content, but I ended up covering a really fun game from GodOfTheGodless and Kingstone and wanted to share. Here is a link to the game and my commentary. If anyone can take the half hour to watch and leave me some feedback in the comments I'd hugely appreciate it!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cWM6vJfu0Q&t=1426s

    submitted by /u/SeaBombAoE
    [link] [comments]

    Unique Unit Idea?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    How would this sound, if there were to be a future UU:

    This unique unit is an infantry unit. The UU will kill an enemy unit in one blow after the enemy unit that the UU is fighting with loses half of its HP. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/hussar269c
    [link] [comments]

    Just published Modders Map - Layered Terrain [6,400 combos]

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    I just published a mod called Modders Map - Layered Terrain: https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/46338/

    This map shows 6,400 combinations of layered terrain. This is meant to be a 'visual dictionary' for modders who prefer to browse options by seeing them fully rendered instead of scrolling through lists in the map editor. Each terrain block has a sign that gives info on the terrain when you click on it.

    Here are some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/mI9yk8b

    Note: This map takes longer to load than most other maps.

    Let me know what you think!

    submitted by /u/CADi_Master
    [link] [comments]

    do you ever really master this game?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 06:55 PM PDT

    I mean as far as knowing all of the counters to different civs, etc

    I used to play starcraft 2 and I had a hard enough time knowing the counters between 3 races. I feel like there's too many variables in this game to be able to keep in your mind

    submitted by /u/guffclius
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone willing to help a newbie learn the game?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 06:25 PM PDT

    I just picked up the game a few days ago after coming from SC2, and I'm really liking it so far. I've finished the William Wallace campaign, got silver in all Art of War missions, and can sometimes beat the Hard AI. Ultimately, I want to move on to playing multiplayer (I played 5 ranked games so far, losing badly of course as the system is still trying to place me in the right Elo).

    Thus, I want to ask if if any of you experienced players out there would be willing to sit down with me for a session or two and show me the ropes. While I am already studying AOE2 YouTube guides and Reddit resources on my own, I just think it would both streamline the learning process and be more fun overall to have a friend/mentor through all of this. Hit me up if you're down, thanks!

    submitted by /u/ecnunn
    [link] [comments]

    small buff to Goths to make them more competitive without altering their identity

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    my idea for the Goths is to reword their population bonus as so:

    "+10 population in Imperial Age" -> "+10 population, +10 population limit"

    in other words the 10 population is given at the start of the game and for free (equivalent cost to 2 free houses).

    submitted by /u/EXTRAVAGANT_COMMENT
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think about AI difficulty?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    To start off I'd say I'm pretty terrible at RTS games, and I'm playing the Definitive Edition now but have played the original years back. I haven't done any PvP yet. I'd just like to know what you guys think about the AI in general as my own opinion is somewhat worthless on the matter:

    Do you guys find playing against AI fun?
    Do you or most regular players play vs AI at all?
    What difficulty would you expect to beat, and can the best human player beat the best AI?
    Are they fair games vs the AI now or do they just cheat like crazy?
    Do the AI promote or deny any particular style of play that you don't get with humans?

    If you've got any rant about the AI you've been keeping in your pocket, I'd love to hear it :D

    submitted by /u/Semproser
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment