• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 30, 2020

    Age of Empires 3 Moment you realized the opponent was cheating.

    Age of Empires 3 Moment you realized the opponent was cheating.


    Moment you realized the opponent was cheating.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:09 PM PST

    Playing Ports 1 v. 1 on Great Plains. The very first thing I do after shift-click ordering all my vills is use my explorer's spyglass to spot the exact place of the middle Trade Post. 9/10 times you hit it, and when you do, it also immediately explores a nice chunk of space around it, and nearby treasures also reveal space around themselves. So I do this one game and when I see the Trade Post site, the guy already has 2 villagers there. Then I see his score is at 30+. I insulted him, left, and pested. He had the audacity to call me a cheater for having seen his vills when I asked how they got there so quickly. Have you ever been cheated against only to realize it late game?

    submitted by /u/Curzio-Malaparte
    [link] [comments]

    Fast Age up - Any tips especially for Japan? What is the fastest possible way & time to age up to colonial without any extra starting crates that you get on maps like Deccan!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 12:52 PM PST

    Standard: Q a vill by 10th sec, build a consulate ally with ports, and get a shrine with 106/107 wood, all vills on Food until 680 food, typically about 14th vill, start building a wonder by 3:30 and complete it before 5:30 seconds.

    And there is wonder construction time:

    • No vills: 120 seconds
    • 4 vills: 90 seconds
    • 8 vills: 60 seconds

    With Advanced wonder card

    • No Vills: 90 seconds
    • 4 vills: 60 seconds
    • 8 vills: 45 seconds

    Depending on the number of villagers used you can train about 4-5 additional villagers while the wonder is being constructed.

    I've observed that even if I build a market and research Civil Servants & Hanami parties, I still hit the above timeline but aging up at 5:30 is proving detrimental when some Euro civs can go to Age 2 by 4th minute and can get the first shipment out before you even age to harass you.

    Also, there is opportunity cost of using villagers to build a wonder. for example

    • 4 vills: 90 seconds - 4*0.5W or 0.6C or 0.67F*90 = 180 wood or 216 coin or 241.2 food
    • 8 vills: 60 seconds - 8*0.5W or 0.6C or 0.67F*60 = 240 wood or 288 coin or 321.6 food

    The above opportunity cost is even higher if you had sent TEAM Chonindo & did Age 1 market research.

    • 4 vills: 90 seconds - 4*0.59W or 0.708C or 0.7906F*90 = 212.4 wood or 254.88 coin or 284.616 food
    • 8 vills: 60 seconds - 8*0.59W or 0.708C or 0.7906F*60 = 283.2 wood or 339.84 coin or 379.488 food

    Some of the cards that I tried sending in age are

    • 300 food
    • 300 wood in a 200 wood start
    • 2 villagers
    • Advanced Wonders
    • TEAM Chonindo
    • Heavenly Kami

    None of the above cards by themselves are helping me age up any faster or save on the opportunity cost that I calculated above.

    Without any food treasures or generous starting crates, do you have a better way of aging up?

    submitted by /u/vindiansmiles
    [link] [comments]

    What are some features in aoe2 that you want to see in aoe3DE?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 04:41 AM PST

    Mine is the obvious one: more than 2 teams!

    submitted by /u/culesamericano
    [link] [comments]

    Noob help! Mixing soldiers and economy for aging up.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 04:20 PM PST

    As the title says, I am a noob when it come to playing multiplayer AoEIII. I can do fairly well against the AI but when I play against other players I can't seem to mix building soldiers and my economy so I can age up. I always get crushed in the 2nd age because I don't have enough soldiers. but then when I do build soldiers I don't age up to level III as quickly as my opponent. I mostly am playing as the dutch and Germans. Which is weird cause from the videos I have watched they have a very strong economy. I just can't seem to replicate it when I play online.

    submitted by /u/StormblessedJbD21
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do about a cheater ?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 06:57 AM PST

    Hi,

    I played treaty with a friend and suddenly this poor idiot started spawning units in our base. You can see the screenshots. As you can see his base is wiped out, but his unspent recources dont make any sense. He was also spawning Dopplesoldners through out the whole game, but in a less obvious sense. Can we get him banned somehow ?

    Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/pNXD7Bd

    submitted by /u/prois99
    [link] [comments]

    online game issues

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 04:58 AM PST

    I can't seem to connect to games in AoEIII. I wait for a while and then i get a message saying unable to connect. My internet speed is good so its not that.

    submitted by /u/Stormlight21
    [link] [comments]

    Any recommendations for good RMS?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:37 AM PST

    Me and my friends have been playung aoe 3 for a while now, and we had the most fun yet with the mountain ridge map. It is hard for us to properly balance the game, so a map where we get a stand off situation is mor motivating since it takes time to overwhelm the other side. I would love a map that is usable for more than only 2 teams and has mor passes or other defendable positions and chokepoints. We play on esoc patch, if that matters.

    submitted by /u/dops-chaos
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment