• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 30, 2020

    Age of Empires II AEGIS

    Age of Empires II AEGIS


    AEGIS

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 06:51 AM PST

    TFW

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 12:16 PM PST

    My favorite unit

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:08 PM PST

    Blocked villagers.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 06:15 AM PST

    Is it me or have they got worse?

    Maybe I just notice it more but my goodness it's annoying when I have 5 woodmen/woodwomen and 2 of them just face each other and not move in what feels like forever, even when there is obviously a clear path to walk around.

    Just to be clear I'm not taking about one being trapped while another chops away and blocks the transport route. I mean actually brain-dead villagers who have tunnel vision and can't walk around each other.

    If this happens in aoe 4 I will go back to Dota.

    Ps I understand villager pathing it's part of the game and it's a way of being better than your opponents etc but man it's not a fun job. It's much more fun to outsmart your opponent tactically than win by putting more effort into micromanaging villagers constantly.

    Rant over.

    submitted by /u/snazyo
    [link] [comments]

    Current competitive scene on AOE2 Twitch be like

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 02:18 PM PST

    [SoTL] The Lithuanian 3 Minute Rush

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 07:20 AM PST

    Appreciation for Forgotten Empires and Microsoft.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 08:19 AM PST

    Hey guys, I just wanna say how much I appreciate all the work that FE and Microsoft did with Age of Empires 1/2: DE, even if it isn't perfect and has its flaws, specially with melee units, its still a very faithful remake and you can see how much work and love the devs actually put into it, just look at how great the campaigns are now and all the work they did with visuals, etc... Looks so beautiful!!

    In case you aren't aware, WC3:Reforged was released to a miserably state, a joke of a remake and that made me think of how much we are lucky!! Yes, lucky that our childhood game, our beloved game is actually well treated and wasn't spit out for a quick cash grab.

    Thank you Microsoft, and fuck Blizzard.

    submitted by /u/NargWielki
    [link] [comments]

    My take on how to improve ranked queue regarding map pool.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 04:23 AM PST

    First, a little bit of background, I'm a long time DotA and DOTA 2 player. For those who are unfamiliar, in DOTA there is only one map, but there are over a hundred of heroes, there are different game modes regarding how you pick your heroes, but the most popular, or should I say default mode is all pick, that means you can pick any hero you want, and you can choose to play just one single hero every single game and improve that hero until you're ready to move on. So most people start out play one one map, one default game mode that is allpick, and they can choose to stick with familiar heroes until they're comfortable to learn more.

    Now let's get back to AOE 2 DE, there are different civs (heroes) and then there are different maps in the map pool that are forced upon the players whether they like it or not. You can see how that can quickly complicate things and put off new and learning players who just want to focus on improving on specific civs or maps before moving on, which in my opinion is the best way to learn or improve at a video game.

    The way to fix it for AOE 2 DE is to have one default map that people can't remove from their map pools, I don't see any reason that Arabia can't be that map. It has been the standard for many years and it is a good map to learn the game. Having one default map that people can't removed from their map pools means that their will be no "splitting the player base" problem. This is why it's better than having more bans or debating whether this map or that map should be in the map pool.

    Next we can have an extended map pools that people can choose from to add to their queuing map pool. There can be default extended maps as well as rotating extended maps to keep it fresh and encourage people to discover new maps.

    This is just an initial idea but I hope that the devs seriously reconsider the way how map pool currently is because it sucks.

    submitted by /u/ltltbkh1
    [link] [comments]

    I would LOVE to be able to view tech trees in multiplayer lobby

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 03:01 PM PST

    Posting for visibility. As a somewhat new player still getting familiar with a lot of the civs, I would love to be able to view the trees in the multiplayer lobby and while matchmaking.

    submitted by /u/Swankytiger43
    [link] [comments]

    Tournaments

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 07:12 AM PST

    Long time starcraft player moved to aoe2 de. My favorite feature of starcraft 2 is the scheduled tournaments... it gives you a different style of playing rather than raw ELO ladder grinding. Gives you a chance to see the playstyle of a player and counter them.

    puts on bernie wig Tournament style play is fun for all levels of players not just the top 1 percent!!

    Do we already have a feature request like this? I would think this would be very nice to have in aoe4

    submitted by /u/TrushMeistah
    [link] [comments]

    It do be like that

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 09:07 AM PST

    Can we get an F for this double Daut castle?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 06:17 PM PST

    Age of empires can sometimes make you angry :D

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 02:34 AM PST

    Pro player: Hera's scout rush tutorial with Visual Overlay

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 08:07 AM PST

    Exposed/Forward Gold

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 01:50 AM PST

    Had an awkward map earlier. My two main gold's were right next to each other (one tile apart!), very forward and exposed because they were in front of my woodline. My third gold was quite a distance away.

    I knew it was going to be a big issue. I'm only 1050 Elo so still making plenty of mistakes and this gold issue proved a bridge too far.

    I walled and house walled it as best as I could but my opponent went straight for it. Pressured me off it which stopped my archer production. He went maa and skirms. I switched to scouts and dealt with his push but my eco fell apart. Thinking back, I knew it was a key area, I should have put up a defensive tower. I hate using my starting 200 stone, but being completely pushed off the gold ended up being the game. He was castle age before I had even clicked up. The unexpected switch to scouts hurt my food eco and being pushed off gold meant I was miles off.

    Apart from towering the gold what other things should I be considering when my gold is super exposed?

    submitted by /u/TheOthoMofo
    [link] [comments]

    Castle Garrisoned Units

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 05:52 AM PST

    Does anyone know if units are garrisoned in the castle if the castle has longer range? When I stack Mangudai in my castle it seems the range is longer but I'm not sure so that's why I'm asking. A lot of the posts I found talk about damage amount or number of arrows but didn't find much about range.

    Also, do regular castle arrows cause through damage? Like if a straight line of infantry is walking straight towards a castle is it possible for regular castle fire to hit the guys towards the middle of the straight line or just the first unit in line, and also does garrisoned units change this if regular castle fire does not cause through damage?

    submitted by /u/AoK_Mongol
    [link] [comments]

    Prithviraj Campaign Bonus Objective Question?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 04:07 AM PST

    In the new Prithviraj campaign in DE, the third mission, "Hand of a Princess," has you rescue Prithviraj's bride in a stealthy fashion. One of the bonus objectives is to win before the timer hits 550 years. Now the timer starts at around 600-700 years, giving you plenty of time to do the mission, but winning at 550 years seems quite difficult.

    I am wondering if anyone has done this bonus objective and know what it rewards. Since bonus objectives usually give you something to help you with the mission that you are doing at the moment, it seems strange to have a bonus objective for winning, as by then you've already won the mission, so nothing else matters.

    My guess right now is that it affects the next mission somehow, kind of like in Genghis Khan, the tribe that you have to destroy in mission 2 depends on who you rivalled in mission 1. Can anyone confirm?

    submitted by /u/keetyeatthebeat
    [link] [comments]

    Pachacuti Campaign Finale "Like Father, Like Son" | Hard Playthrough

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 04:07 AM PST

    Lost a game that I should have won

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 03:24 AM PST

    Yesterday I played a game as the Aztecs on Fortress (I picked random, as I always do except on water-maps) and I was actually doing great.
    I was first in Imp-age, had the lead in score, had better economy and even had wiped out almost all the army of my opponent at one point.
    But I was too afraid of their castles and thought that going for the wall wouldn't be too efficient either.
    Opponent sniped my last Treb and I couldn't get out a new one since I was at 200/200 and didn't want to delete or throw away anything.
    Opponent remaxed with a better mix to counter mine (I had a lot of eagle and Jaguar-warrior, but mostly Eagle).
    It was a long stalemate in the middle of flooding mostly trash against each-other. But he also raided the stuff I built outside of the wall with cavalry-units.
    A big issue I had was that as aztecs I had no light-cavs to do the same to him and my Eagle-Warriors cost gold. So he slowly ground down my economic lead while I didn't damage his. I eventually ran out of wood and food from spamming lancers and skirmishers.

    It was especially bad when I looked at the graphs afterwards. At some point my lead was so overwhelming that I feel I really have thrown it and should have gone straight for the wall with all my units rather than waiting for Trebs that wouldn't come out.

    In general I feel that I need to learn more about what to do without Trebs... Raiding, searching for back-door-entrances rather than just trying to dominate the enemies' army.

    submitted by /u/Xilmi
    [link] [comments]

    The Lights of Kurishima (Age of Empires II Custom Scenario)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 03:58 PM PST

    Is there a small building mod?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 06:55 AM PST

    I tend to have the problem of clicking buildings instead of close enemies. Is there a mod that contains flat/small buildings? A tall castle is cool, but not if you cant walk behind it.

    submitted by /u/Gladaed
    [link] [comments]

    Let's talk about build scanning bug/exploit and excessive palisade.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 01:43 PM PST

    Hello guys, first of all, let me introduce myself (sorry about my bad english).

    I do not play this game anymore, just watching some streams since DE, but i was a oldschool player (nicknames L_Clan_LP and BsK_Costner), from the Zone times, and have seen alot of games of Arch_Koven, L_Clan_Chris, L_Clah_Capoch, Halen, Grunt, Yanzi, Kmkm_tw, tech_kkab (BsK_DephtBomb), Myst_Iori, Myst_Melody, Daut (L_Clan_Shmeker), RD_Champion and many others.

    I do talk about this coz i've seen two things that really make me boring when i do watch the game:

    1) Excessive palisade meta.

    I do see that there are excessive walling nowadays. I mean, the meta is basically do some fake drush, go feudal, wall, do some arch/scouts, go to castle. Otherwise, just wall with palisade, do some arch/scouts, go to castle.

    Of course there are alot of other stuff going on, but this is happening alot and i think that this makes the game a bit boring. Ppl play too passive till the castle age.

    Maybe if the palisade cost a bit more to punish this excessive defensive style would be better? It would prevent tons of fast and huge palisade walls without eco damage? I dunno what could be changed about this, is just an opinion.

    2) Build scanning bug/exploit.

    This one exists since the AOC times (or maybe even AOK), but they never did nothing to correct this and maybe, coz the DE release/hype, they can do something different now.

    It really sucks when you see streamer scouting a rush, gold/stone gather, tower, and buying alot of time from it just by using some fake build / farm scanning.

    As example, i saw one stream that the guy would put a "Daut castle" (lol this term didnt exist and i think this is rlly funny) in the right corner of the base, but he used the scanning "technique" and moved after he sees there were buildings. The game is not meant to be played this way. The righ way is to scout or use outposts to have some info or if you dont do this you have some penalty (high risk).

    Maybe this is too hard to correct the bug, coz this game is too old, but this could be work just like starcraft does. When you make a build, the area is not revealed (so you dont see if enemy by pass), there are an "ghost" of your building, and is aways allowed to build (so there are no red problem), but if you go to the area, and there are another building, you just cant do nothing and get your resources back.

    I think that this is the right way to play.

    Maybe we get usual to see those things happening and not complain about it, since there are 20 years that we see the same stuff, but i think that now developers are changing the game again, so they could think about it.

    Thx alot.

    submitted by /u/BrunolosManolos
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment