• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 28, 2020

    Age of Empires II I want this tatoo (Credit: Memes of Empires)

    Age of Empires II I want this tatoo (Credit: Memes of Empires)


    I want this tatoo (Credit: Memes of Empires)

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 12:34 AM PDT

    Tech tree ingame - automatically select your civ

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    Hi I would like to suggest a small but very useful feature. Can the devs make it so that when you click the tech tree ingame your civ is selected? Now Aztec is selected by default. Usually you are in a hurry. 🙂

    P.s. there is no better game out there!

    submitted by /u/TactX22
    [link] [comments]

    No vils = never been raided

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    Check out where my vill spawned on Mountain Pass

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    Didn't know you could beach ships

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    ACCM with the triple boar lure

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    Gotta love winning after your opponent 105s you.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    Playing ranked at 1.1k elo

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    Top Unique Counters vs. Elite Battle Elephant

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    Top Unique Counters vs. Elite Battle Elephant

    The Battle Elephant is a slow yet very powerful and resilient cavalry unit, in some way similar to the War Elephant, but weaker and cheaper. Today I tested them and here are the results: It's finally time for the Flaming Camel! (well at least it trades roughly evenly)

    https://preview.redd.it/mv1db4s7wl751.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=4277ea16aa863331ec9ffe82be17da2033e09623

    Youtube ELITE BATTLE ELEPHANT | Best Unique Counters | Tierlist | Age of Empires 2

    For the tests I assume PostImperial Age, no micro and equal resources, for example 22 Paladins (60F, 75G) vs 33 Kamayuks (60F, 30G). Then after the fight I count the HP of the winning unit and > 60% HP would be an A-Tier counter. I did all that 5 times to get a good average.

    The values on the icons stand for percentage HP remaining. So the Teutonic Knights (36) won with 36% of their combined starting HP left; Elite Huskarls (-63) lost and the Elephants still have 63% left. This is an average, so in this case Elephants actually won with 65%, 65%, 64%, 62% and 62% in the 5 tests.

    Disclaimer: This is not a ranking of how useful a unit is overall. It simply measures how well units do when patrolled into each other. Units have many attributes such as speed, range, attack damage and armor. This mostly focuses on attack and armor by design. So Teutonic Knights are expected to perform better than Mangudai (bc they can't make use of speed and range). This approach has its shortcomings but can hopefully still be useful because you know how it was created. Let me know what you would change :) (More detailed explanation is in the beginning of the video)

    submitted by /u/AgeArena
    [link] [comments]

    Continuing from my post last week (I watched the reply to get photos of his messages). This guy beat me up to feudal and castle and clearly felt confident. Constant trash talk and “11” whenever he killed any of my units. Most satisfying victory message I’ve ever sent.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Age of Empires II Mouse

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    Best civs for holding 1v2s?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    I know it's a stupid question, but I have a big group of frineds who play the game and we play almost daily 1 or 2 TGs. Some of them are good, some or them are learning, but: nobody likes going flanks, so since I'm the more experienced player, I let them pick postitions and just fill in.

    The thing is, 90% of the times, I'm holding 1v2s. I mostly go archers, and tend to play to aggresive and get my army anahilated by the enemy pocket's knights; while my pocket it's just booming. We talked this, and most of them just like to boom into imp. Sometimes they send some kts, but it's not enough when they are 3TC and the enemies just go fully aggressive

    Which is the best way I can adapt into this situation? I know I shouldn't be playing aggresive, but is there playstyle that fits here? If I fully wall myself, they're just going for my pocket and raid him. Play full trash and hold? wall and rush castle too? 2-3 scouts into castle?

    And about civs I'm thinking about Bizantines cheap trash, Franks cheap castles, britons extra range to hold my base, cumans to use 2 defensive TCs

    TL;DR: How can I not-loose long enough so my pocket has boomed? Any civ or playstyle to recommend? I don't pretend to win this scenarios! I just want to be able to hold the siege long enough untill my pocket reach his powerspike at ~30/35min.

    submitted by /u/ValtielZ
    [link] [comments]

    Best civ vs Goths and Spanish

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    Play 2v2 vs mates who always go goths and spanish. Thoughts on the best civ/ally/strategy to counter that combo?

    submitted by /u/snaplockmerc
    [link] [comments]

    Top Unique Counters vs. Paladin

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    Top Unique Counters vs. Paladin

    Paladins are considered to be one of the strongest and most effective units in the game. Today I tested them against all unique units and here are the results. It is the first unit that I tested that does not have any C-Tier counter, so no unit trades evenly with the paladin in this test. (having a score of -20 to 20)

    https://preview.redd.it/jthcz0epfi751.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=db8f7e74f926142f25bcc7e4b8a365b4411359b4

    Youtube PALADIN | Best Unique Counters | Tierlist | Age of Empires 2

    For the tests I assume PostImperial Age, no micro and equal resources, for example 22 Paladins (60F, 75G) vs 33 Kamyuks (60F, 30G). Then after the fight I count the HP of the winning unit and > 60% HP would be an A-Tier counter. I did all that 5 times to get a good average.

    The values on the icons stand for percentage HP remaining. So the Teutonic Knights (59) won with 59% of their combined starting HP left; Elite Huskarls (-49) lost and the Paladins still have 49% left. This is an average, so in this case Paladins actually won with 51%, 51%, 49%, 47% and 45% in the 5 tests.

    Disclaimer: This is not a ranking of how useful a unit is overall. It simply measures how well units do when patrolled into each other. Units have many attributes such as speed, range, attack damage and armor. This mostly focuses on attack and armor by design. So Teutonic Knights are expected to perform better than Mangudai (bc they can't make use of speed and range). This approach has its shortcomings but can hopefully still be useful because you know how it was created. Let me know what you would change :) (More detailed explanation is in the beginning of the video)

    submitted by /u/AgeArena
    [link] [comments]

    DE saved games not saved at all

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    Hi, does anyone have the issue in DE when you saved the game during the campaign, but the saved game has not been saved at all?

    I lost a couple of saves like this and had to restart the mission.

    submitted by /u/FahadiHussein
    [link] [comments]

    How do u wall ?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    What villagers(is it woodcutters, gold miners, foragers..etc) do u use to wall your base very early game ?

    In dark age into feudal age

    submitted by /u/BRANDED_SOUL
    [link] [comments]

    Sooooooo, we just bought DE

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    My bf and I bought DE and started playing against the AI around 12:30.... It's 3:20ish right now, and we're still trying to finish our first game.

    It's mostly me just getting kicked out of the game every so often, and (part?) of the reason might be that my Vram is less than two. I say part because my bf also gets crashed 3 times and he has 8 vram.

    We just ended up quiting trying to restart the game. Currently we can play about 10 minutes real time, before everything crashes. It's just, exhausting and infuriating.

    Is the only way for me to play to get a new pc? TT____TT

    I was really looking forward to playing, not just with my bf, but also with other friends and trying out ranked. This is just, disheartening...

    submitted by /u/irrlich
    [link] [comments]

    Why do we still play on 200pop?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    I know at the time it was for performance reasons, but computers are faster now and although DE has its performance issues, pop limit is a cpu-bottleneck which should be fine, so if you can run at 200 you can run at 500. Are there any other remaining reasons standard settings are 200, or is it just inertia?

    submitted by /u/detroitmatt
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people play Frank's ?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    I've heard people say they're a top civ and I'm just curious what people see in them ?

    Don't get me wrong to each they're own I make hussars cause I just think they're cool and maybe that's how people feel about throwing axe men, but I'm just curious what the actual pros vs cons are of them vs some of the other Calvary civs. (Lithuanian, bulgarians, ect.)

    submitted by /u/GypsyBoiii_
    [link] [comments]

    How to attack on feudal?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    This is the very first game I've ever played in my life, and came back to it after quite a while.

    By this time, I'm only able to win 1vs1 against AI frequently in Hard (not Hardest. I mean the 2nd tier of the rank, not sure of its name in English) when I play Goths in Black Forest. I try to boom as Goths. It takes me a while to reach Imperial, but as soon as I do I can sustain 4-5 barracks pumping Elite Huskarls towards enemy Town Centers and that is usually enough to win AI on Hard for me, if I wall correctly. I also had some luck trushing, even as goths (I know is far from optimal).

    But I really want to try another strategies. I have been a few days trying to archer rush, as mayans and ethiopians mainly. I reach feudal just seconds before AI, I start sending archers and that's it; he already has some skirmishers that destroy my plan.

    After this, I also tried to do a scout rush; I chose mongols, my favorite civilization all the time, and the same thing happens. I reach feudal shortly before AI, but when I have my first scouts ready and send them off, he already has some archers and a few spearmen that destroy my attack and I lose my advantage.

    What's wrong? Am I being too slow? Or perhaps my micro is so bad? I would love to switch from my noobish Goth late game strategy towards something more aggresive. Is there any specific strategy that I should try to improve? I feel I'm so passive while playing and it would be great if I could fix that.

    submitted by /u/Strummer-
    [link] [comments]

    My organization is planning on hosting an AoE II tournament. Any licensing rules I need to be aware of?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    We will host an online Age of Empires II tournament which will be publicly streamed. Prize money will be involved.

    Are there any licensing terms and conditions we need to be aware of? I can't find anything on the official website or official AoE forums. I reached out to AoE on Twitter, but I didn't receive a response.

    For example, we will also be hosting a Counter Strike tournament, for which the licensing terms are readily available on the Steam website right here:

    https://store.steampowered.com/tourney/limited_license

    submitted by /u/RegnumDei
    [link] [comments]

    Content Support Request

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    Hi there party people,

    My names Alex "ravelsave" and I am a grandmaster in Starcraft 2. I've been playing AoE2 quite a bit and I'm going to be making a full transition to this game.

    I've played a few games and I've been placed in 1200 ranked lobby.

    I'm wondering if there's any specific content you as a community want to see from a streamer or from YouTube videos. I was mildly successful in streaming sc2 and casting from time to time so I have some experience in creating content.

    Thanks and looking forward to becoming a part of this community as I learn more about the game and rise up in the ranks!

    Right now I'm working on playing 50 days and getting to top fifty... we'll have to see how it goes.

    Thanks, Alex

    submitted by /u/raveslaveee
    [link] [comments]

    Finding Relics on maps with Fish

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    Is there some trick I'm missing here?

    I'm going for a relic victory, I've found most of them, but it seems there's always one relic off on the coast that's being hidden by fish.

    I can, and do, cycle through my map types/colors and eventually find them, but I feel like there's some way to catch them that I'm missing that doesn't involve manually perusing every inch of coastline to find the one(s) I missed.

    submitted by /u/dublos
    [link] [comments]

    How to Unlock "Going Above and Beyond" After Event

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    Hello, I just installed the game a few days ago and after trying out the 256x mod my game crashes after 5 or so minutes. I see that there is a cheat to accomplish this same effect but can only be obtained from an event that is now over?

    Is there any way to unlock it now? Game file modifications, mods that enable the cheats, etc.?

    It seems like a really poor choice to lock content behind a limited time event. Surely there must be some way to unlock it?

    submitted by /u/An_Army_Ant
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment