• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 31, 2020

    Age of Empires II Oof

    Age of Empires II Oof


    Oof

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    Viper summarising my whole AoE experience

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    Horses.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    Chat filter is absurd

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    I was playing against my friend and tried to chat with him, but he wasn't responding. I thought maybe he had chat set only to allies, so I told him that he needs to click the trumpet symbol in upper right and change the settings. I wrote this in Czech, our native language.

    Except I couldn't, because the entire message turned into a row of ****. I couldn't even tell which part triggered it, so I had to resend the message, word by word, using spacing, replacing letters with symbols and other classic internet h4x0r skills to avoid triggering the filter.

    This is absurd, ridiculous, and insulting to my intelligence. I would kindly ask Microsoft that they don't treat players like cretenic toddlers and let them decide for themselves what they do or don't wish to see in their chat.

    Oh and the best part? Actual, heavy swear words in Czech can be typed into the game chat without a problem. Is there a way to disable this filter, or do I need to go to Microsoft and personally shove large objects into their asses until they fix it? Thanks for your attention.

    submitted by /u/a-sentient-slav
    [link] [comments]

    Shots fired!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    has megarandom become less megarandom?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    One of my most favourite map in team games is the MR, and I remember some weeks or months ago it could be quite crazy. 2 TCs, 3 scouts, just starting out with 10 camels and everything in between

    but now it seems to have changed to "random terrain and resources" only

    submitted by /u/csasker
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks T90 and Alcohol for making lockdown more fun!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Aoe2 DE community discord for Balkan players

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 05:04 AM PDT

    Discord Link - https://discord.gg/dfZWAFR

    Pozdrav, došao sam ovdje da predstavim discord server za zajednicu balkanskih igrača. Server je napravljen za age of empires 2 definitive edition s ciljem da olakša i omogući traženje suigrača sa balkanskog govornog područja. Između ostalog pruža korisne informacije za nove igrače i svojim sadržajem bitno pomaže razumijevanju i napretku u igri. Svi su dobro došli, naročito oni koji žele pridonijeti i podijeliti svoje ideje i prijedloge vezane za strategije u multiplayeru. Atmosfera je opuštena i nudi kvalitetnu zabavu sa pozitivnom ekipom. Redovni turniri se organizuju za one koji žele. Također postoji mogućnost napretka kroz uloge i otvorena mjesta za moderatore. Dobrodošli i vidimo se u budućim bitkama.

    Hello, this is a discord for the community of players from the Balkan area, where everyone can come together to play teamgames with voice chat and speak in a common language. It's mostly players from the Balkans peninsula (Southeast Europe), but everyone is welcome to join. There are also helpful resources for improvement on the discord and some tournaments happen regularly as well. It's a relaxed atmosphere and the main goal is to have quality fun with a positive attitude. I've just discovered the discord yesterday, but on behalf of the community I'm making this post to try to increase the number of players, and hopefully gather all the players from our speaking area together in the same place.

    Discord Link - https://discord.gg/dfZWAFR

    submitted by /u/harooooo1
    [link] [comments]

    How to get people to attack without Wonder

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    I'm playing a match with my mates (we are all noobs) and we both have pretty good defences. We have two people on each team but neither team is willing to attack and we are all willing to play the waiting game. We have banned wonders so is there an alternative method to get them to attack?

    submitted by /u/yeetuthechung
    [link] [comments]

    Houses as Drop-Off Points: How OP a Civ Bonus?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    Been thinking alot about AoE3's lack of Drop-Off Points, and I thought of this.

    No overall civ idea--just wanted to hear the opinions of better/more experienced players. So, that being said:

    If you were playing a civ that coud drop-off resources at houses, how useful would you find that civ bonus?

    submitted by /u/Dylan_Gubler
    [link] [comments]

    Won a Ranked Game for the first time! (only took me 3 games!)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    Discovered AOE2 around two weeks ago, played HD a bit, finally bought DE yesterday and played it like ham.

    Decided to play Ranked, 2 losses later, I won my first Ranked Game!

    I read some people saying they had to lose like 10 games initially to get to a level where they could actually compete, I'm happy it took me only 2 losses :)

    submitted by /u/sggts04
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for discord AoE community!!!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, I am trying to get into game but on its own its kind a boring. Im looking for chaps on discord who plays and learns game together, i haven't even started multiplayer matches but it would be great to practice on AI with someone or get tips and tricks from community who speaks English. I do prefer voice chat over chat but it dost matter as long we get some fun people to practice this awesome game together ;) please link your discord communities so me and maybe other who are interested to join. Thank you very much!

    Mr Steinbergs

    submitted by /u/Mr_Steinbergs
    [link] [comments]

    Rank new players lower

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:33 AM PDT

    New players should be ranked lower, so that newcomers are not frustrated in their first games.

    submitted by /u/entunavi
    [link] [comments]

    Indus Cup Semifinals Starting now! (info in comments)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    Age Royale - Age II: DE Battle Royale Debut Tournament

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Gameweek 13 for The Civilization League is done and here are the results and the standings along with some stats/records. Fixtures for Gameweek 14 will be available soon. The links to the Guide to the Civilization League and previous gameweek results are in the comments.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    Sheep and Cows

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    When you have a mix of sheep and Cows, how many do you have at your base? Normally it's 8 sheep, but when cows get mixed in it seems like like 4 cows and 2 sheep or something. What is the exact numbers? Same goes for turkeys which I can't even keep track of 11

    submitted by /u/FMAHH
    [link] [comments]

    Time of day affecting win rate?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    Has anyone noticed a link between the time of day you play and your wins? I won a match as Khmer against Franks yesterday afternoon and the other guy was like, "Damn I usually win this time of day." I just sort of laughed it off and said gg, but I did go on to win most of the games I played over the next couple hours. Even the games I lost, it was fairly close. Now it's night where I am (US East Coast), and I just got smoked three times in a row, and now that I think about it, I do seem to lose more often at night.

    I don't generally play when I'm tired, so maybe the players around my Elo (about 1000) who are more serious about improving, just tend to play when it's night for me? If players around the world ALL tend to do worse at night, then that would suggest that I'm wrong and my state of mind is affecting my play more than I realize. On the other hand, if a lot of people struggle more when it's night in the US but daytime in Australia, for example, then maybe better players DO tend to be online at that time. And is it the same at different skill levels? Are you a 1400 player who wrecks shop late at night? An 850 who only wins on Tuesdays? I wanna know your thoughts. For science.

    submitted by /u/Outrageous_Detail135
    [link] [comments]

    Boar running back with no reason

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 01:39 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    Please watch the video here and explain me what just happened.

    Why is the boar running back to its original place ? There was no obstacle in his course, and my vil wasn't far from him, which are usually the main reasons why it happens.

    I know that hitting the boar twice gives the maximum aggro and prevent me that kind of thing, but that's not what I'm asking. I'm trying to understand why the game behaved like that.

    https://reddit.com/link/jlezhg/video/zmedjvqx6ew51/player

    submitted by /u/InfectedFuture
    [link] [comments]

    My Last Lan party

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    I wanted to share my relatively recent AGE2 story,

    A few years back it was my 30th birthday, at the time I was a stressed out bank drone with friends in similar office careers. I wanted to do something a little special, more special then just going out and getting drunk, so I invited a bunch of friends over for an old school LAN party. Some had played these games before, some were younger then the games.

    On the menu, Broodwar, Red Alert (although this failed to launch), and of course AGE 2. Plus booze, there was booze too and a turkey.

    The goal was to start the LAN early in the afternoon and transition into a more formal young adult drink fest by late in the evening, non former gamer friends and women friends were invited later in the evening. Invitations went out on Facebook plenty in advance.

    Now, one thing to note about me is that I like to be good at things so I started to prep.

    I could never get red alert to work so I quickly gave up on that.

    Broodwar, I played plenty of that as a kid no need to train.

    But AGE2, well I remember, sucking and other people being great so I had some work to do.

    I was turning 30, I was not going to lose at my own LAN party.

    One month out I started to train, I would play 2 to 3 hours of games each night after work, study the greatest build orders for a young fast booming Mongol Khan. Studied the tactics of You tubes greatest (hence the focus on Mongols). I refined my micro and mastered the hit and run. (I was to Honorable for siege so I focused on the horse.)

    My big day came, and the glory of the Golden Horde was on full display. I might have over prepared. I think I might have lost at most half a dozen Mangudai. One for each of the friends I ruthlessly crushed on my path to conquest.

    It was glorious.

    They refused to play a second game of AGE2, so we booted up Broodwar.

    To fill up the slots we added a couple CPUs... this was my downfall. I then got 6 pooled by the AIs and lost in under 2 minutes, my glorious reign was over. They then spent the next 2 hours impotently throwing single units at each other, before the final victor emerged.

    Other highlights, One gamer friend ended up playing world of tanks because his work laptop locked down LANs... but not world of tanks.

    Another friend sent his wife on a mission of diplomacy to acquire World of Tanks Friends mouse (he had forgotten his own). Diplomacy failed in a way that only a Russian gamer could end it.

    And one more friend ended up trekking up the street to Best Buy to supplement his own missing mouse.

    The evening ended with a drunken application of bleach to my new rug to remove the new coffee stains. This also did not add to my glory. Also wine, wine on my chair.

    Great Fun, I still plan on running another.

    submitted by /u/IncredibleMark
    [link] [comments]

    How is this game for beginners?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    Thinking of buying the DE. I used to play this game years ago as probably most people here. I see pros on YouTube having a full army within 10 minutes. I will be nowhere near that level and want to know if I play online will there be other noobs like me I can play with. I don't want to buy this game and find out I need to be a god tier level to have fun online.

    submitted by /u/ShocknAw33m
    [link] [comments]

    MBL's Hoang fanboi impression

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment