• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 20, 2021

    Age of Empires II It's the best part of their day

    Age of Empires II It's the best part of their day


    It's the best part of their day

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 04:05 AM PDT

    I am ashamed how much time I lost with this shitty meme

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 02:11 PM PDT

    Eid Mubarak ☪️ from Turks, Saracens, Malians, Persians, Tatars, Cumans, Berbers, Malay and Indians.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 02:40 PM PDT

    This game <3

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 12:38 AM PDT

    LEL or troll? Played a ~1200-1300 guy who defied all common rules and BO

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 04:58 AM PDT

    So this player named '666' (so that you can look up his games) plays as if he is a LEL. Usually plays Huns, puts ~4 on sheep and kills all together. Mill next followed by stragglers. Doesn't take boars. goes up at ~25-26 pop. No walls. No market or monastery. No outposts. Yet manages to keep a good rating. Goes to show how little BO and other stuff if you are really good in other aspects.

    When i was playing him, I saw the absurdly placed mill, the boars roaming around and I thought, it must be some LEL playing placement game. Then when he didn't roll over and die and started to run around, taking only good fights and made a good army comp, I thought it must be a pro who is doing some stupid challenge. I was laughing at the end when he overran me in Imp. 11

    submitted by /u/basil_commenus
    [link] [comments]

    What's with the new obsession of feeling like you have to push every single deer?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    Feels like every opponent I come across nowadays at 1300-1500 elo is completely hyper-fixated on pushing all 4 deer under their TC to the complete detriment of their scouting info. Don't get me wrong, I'll push one or two occasionally if it's convenient for me and know that it won't delay my scouting timing, just seems like now 90% of my opponents are way too obsessed with getting every single one under there even when it's completely unnecessary and heavily delays them scouting my base.

    submitted by /u/QuestItem
    [link] [comments]

    Played against an extremely interesting player.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 05:44 PM PDT

    Debate on smurfing in the Chinese AOE2 forum

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 10:42 AM PDT

    Debate on smurfing in the Chinese AOE2 forum

    I've seen a number of posts here complaining how they got crashed by smurf accounts from Asia. In fact, this phenomena, in TG specifically, has been well discussed at least in the Chinese AOE2 forum, and recently there was a debate on that.

    In Chinese forums, people usually call smurf "炸鱼",which means "blasting the fish pond" (fish pond is a meme representing noob games). And this debate started from a user who called himself "King of fish-pond-blasting", i.e. "Smurf King". For some reasons - maybe because some noobies complained about how annoying smurf accounts were - Smurf King created a post defending himself, saying smurfing is totally reasonable and those who got abused should introspect why they were such unskilled. After that, he got some criticisms in the forum and he posted a video to reinforced some of his opinions:

    - He and his team are skilled players (they can easily beat teams led by pro players such as Yo, ViVi, Sitaux) so that they don't have to proof themselves anymore. They smurfed because they enjoyed winning and don't want to play hard/competitive games.

    - The game shall follow the law of the jungle, big fish can naturally eat the smaller ones. They can do anything in the game to the noobs because they are just strong enough. If the noobs felt being bullied, they should practise more to avoid it. Also, those who criticize smurfing are just SJWs.

    He showed a game replay and commented how unskilled and stupid their opponents were (the left is the smurf team). In his opinion, their smurf team didn't pick civs and played casually, in such case the opponents should have opportunities to beat them but they couldn't because of the stupid mistakes. He himself, as well as his team members, labeled themselves "vigilantes" who filtered the unskilled players.

    https://preview.redd.it/tkpy8hr077c71.png?width=2475&format=png&auto=webp&s=594a477daec2200a6ada81e4a97ab8c05905f1cb

    https://preview.redd.it/gg838vnl87c71.png?width=2209&format=png&auto=webp&s=4e7169450dc6f970b06a5681f8c9a69cadc00417

    I can't say more about how uncomfortable I was when hearing these narratives. In fact, the Smurf King is also showing off in different forums and trying to expand his smurf teams. Me and some other OPs tried to show how toxic smurfing is in terms of morality, fairness of game and how smurfing might destroy a game. Unfortunately, despite receiving a good chunk of criticisms after the video, the Smurf King insisted his opinions, that is, the skilled players can do anything they wanted in the game, and he still has a number of supporters.

    Anyway, I just wanted to show that there do exist a portion of Chinese players who deliberately use smurf accounts to beat weaker players (especially in TG). They may not deliberately lose games to reach a lower elo, but create numerous new accounts instead. They are indeed well organized and has their own group chat. When you see a team like what I showed in the figure (usually consisting of more than two members with low elos but extremely high win rate), that's definitely a smurf team and please report it.

    However, those players cannot represent the mainstream value of Chinese players. Smurf is a common phenomena in all games with ladder system and it exists all around the world. Maybe because there's a large population of Chinese players and Chinese IDs are such easy to be recognized, there's a stereotype that most Chinese players (or Asian players) are smurfing. In fact, the very large portion of Chinese players are also suffering from smurfing and they are trying hard to reduce such behavior. I hope we can keep fighting for it to create a more friendly gaming environment regardless of the nationality.

    submitted by /u/AffectionateDance286
    [link] [comments]

    name a better duo than 1v1 ranked Arabia and Mayans

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    What is the best farm layout? I dont think the pinwheel is the best here is why:

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 07:23 AM PDT

    These are the 2 best layouts for farms:

    The pinwheel:

    https://i.imgur.com/5BjfuWA.png

    https://imgur.com/0PfhHab

    And the square:

    https://i.redd.it/fsmrlh4xzad01.png

    Most argue that the pinwheel is the best and most efficient.

    But I think the best is the square because efficiency is not all.

    And here are my reasons:

    The pinwheel needs a very clean land. It is hard to do and get it right.

    The square one is more intuitive and makes more uniform use of space.

    The pinwheel will leave the land with an irregular design which is innefficient to place defenses and buildings. And space is important.

    I dont know how much difference and how much more food the pinwheel provides. But i tried making 4 pinwheel with 8 farms each and its a mess.

    The square one leaves the space more clean and better to be used by other buildings.

    It is also better for adding new modules of farms without making errors and actual inefficient farms trying to do a perfect pinwheel. Time and space is more important than having the villagers closer to the mill. Plus it seems quite the same.

    Tell me what you think, and why im wrong if im wrong.

    submitted by /u/ElenaFurniture
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody else gets drained out after one game?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 01:42 PM PDT

    The 1v1 matchmaking is so good. Every game I have to work hard for the win (or the loss) with the skill level being so close. So many decisions to make and things to do; what bo to go for, managing eco, deciding on unit comp, expanding, taking relics, etc. I have no idea how pros can do all that and look at chat and stream for like 4 hours. Does anybody else feel the same way like if I play two games back to back the second game will be much more sloppier.

    submitted by /u/MysteriousShadow__
    [link] [comments]

    How do you feel about Empire Wars?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 10:03 PM PDT

    I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about the new gamemode. Personally I'm loving it, it's a nice change of pace from RM and EW games are usually quicker. But I know a lot of people seem to think it's one-dimensional and miss dark age, so I'm wondering where most people stand right now.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/hungryhippo16
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the Hard AI for the first time

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    It's not a big achievement, but I finally managed to graduate from moderate to hard. That fucker even sent a bunch of men-at-arms and fucked my wood so I was stuck on one TC for a good few minutes into Castle Age.

    Just wanted to celebrate a bit. I'm still scared to death of anything more difficult.

    submitted by /u/lelemuren
    [link] [comments]

    Throwback when I won my flank after disconnecting

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    Watching T90s recent video of the "playerless game" reminded me of the funniest teamgames I ever played - or rather, not played. Can't find the rec, I think it was in HD-times, but here is what happened:

    I was playing a 2v2 with a friend and late Feudal/early Castle we were in a winning position. I just arrived at my flanks base with something like 15 Xbows and were about to wreck him...when my connection broke.

    As we were winning on both flanks, my friend tried to play on, trying to destroy his opponent as quick as possible. I went into the game as a spectator to watch. What I found there had me dying:

    The last thing I did in the game was shooting on a tile of wall next to my opponent's stable. Obviously my Xbows would keep shooting and open the wall, but then just stand there. Luckily, I had them positioned in between the stable and the gap in the wall. My opponent then started to produce Camels to help his teammate who was pressured by Knights.

    The stable though was build behind the wall and not part of the wall and he had the gather point set somewhere outside of his base. The shortest way for the camels was therefore: Run inside of the wall towards the gap - in front of my Xbows - and then forward to the gather point - through my Xbows. Obviously my Xbows would attack them and as they're just Camels and ran past them twice, all of them were just slaughtered. I killed over 10 Camels of him while being disconnected before he realised.

    That's not where it stopped though. Before (or when?) he realised, there was actually some pathing stuff happening that led my Xbows to run towards the camels for a bit - I probably had them on attack stance, not stand ground. Somehow the camels managed to draw the Crossbows through the gap in the wall inside their base. Right behind the walls, he had a mill with farming around it, so my Crossbows went walking and killed a whole farming spot of him.

    When some of the villagers ran away, they dragged the Xbows even deeper into the economy where they killed some of the farming eco around the TC too. I think, I basically killed half of his farming eco or even more when he was already massively behind my teammate in eco.

    My teammate went on to win it pretty comfortably, destroying his flank who got only help after minutes and then facing a second player who had half of his economy. It was the most glorious win. I laughed my goddamn ass off.

    tl;dr: I disconnected early Castle Age in 2v2 and my army wrecked my opponent just by itself.

    submitted by /u/Umdeuter
    [link] [comments]

    I didn’t know that about AOE2

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    I have played this game for 20 years and I still find out things I don't know about AOE2 all the time…

    I didn't know that you could transport your sheep in a transport ship for example… because who does that?! When is that even relevant!

    Regardless what is one thing you didn't know that you could do in AOE2 until just recently?

    submitted by /u/PoopLord69722
    [link] [comments]

    Vikings vs Portuguese on Arena

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    Hi guys, played a game on the ladder (shout out to the guy if he's on here, gg), where I got all the relics, had all the map control (casltes up on all the neutral golds/stones bar 1 I think), and mass organ guns with a bunch of trebs just destroyed me! 11

    So my question is, what counters organ guns, I tried arb to start with, then teched into cavilier, then trash + cav, by that point i died! Any advice?

    *edit I should add, he had I think three feitoria in his base as well which explained why he wasn't running out of gold

    submitted by /u/TimothyandFrank
    [link] [comments]

    When to push deer?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 03:11 AM PDT

    I've recently started trying to push deer in and it works quite well, but I'm a bit unsure about the timing. Usually, I start pushing when I've found my two boars and at least 2 sheep. Mostly that's exactly the moment when I'm about to get the first boar or I already have it. Is that the right timing? I'm wondering because boar decays faster than deer, so generally you don't want to move vills from boar to get deer, right? Is it a good idea to delay the boar or get it earlier, or just push the deer later?

    Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated

    submitted by /u/lionboy33
    [link] [comments]

    EW team matchmaking

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 09:02 PM PDT

    800 elo rm player here, was playing some EW late last night and got matched against Badboy who I recognized from watching pro matches. My team got completely steamrolled, needless to say, but it was my first match against a pro player which was pretty cool.

    Was just wondering if any other players have experienced something like this? Noobs getting matched against pro players. I figure it's probably a lack of people in the queue because it was like 3am Eastern time, and also players not having their ew elo calibrated. I thought it was a neat experience but I could see how other players might be upset by something like this happening.

    submitted by /u/RontheRainbowPirate
    [link] [comments]

    For those who think that Vikings are too strong right now, what do you think would be the fairest way to balance them?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    Part of the reason I'm asking this is because I think a nerf is coming down the road eventually whether people want it to happen or not. I've frequently heard pro players say they are too OP (along with Chinese) and often that means some changes are coming. I know a lot of people love the Vikings, so I'm asking people to voice their opinion on how they think it can be done fairly and without taking away their identity and fun factor.

    submitted by /u/HuSSarY
    [link] [comments]

    Low elo Aztec counter to Paladin?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 05:28 PM PDT

    I dunno what to do... Just masses of pikes?... Maybe I need more. I tried monks but my micro sucks. Plz help thanks.

    submitted by /u/Erikandelman
    [link] [comments]

    What'd be the best 4v4 Unique Unit composition?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 12:29 PM PDT

    In regular RM with normal Res, otherwise it's obviously just the Elephantastic trio + something.

    You think Mangudai immediately but I figure that Genoese Xbow and Camel Archers might be actually better, also Wagons or Rattans to tank fire possibly. Those could be substituted with Huskarls though.

    I'll go for

    Genoese

    Huskarl

    Camel Archers

    Leitis

    submitted by /u/Umdeuter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment