• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 5, 2022

    Age of Empires II T90 Titans League | Announcement & Details

    Age of Empires II T90 Titans League | Announcement & Details


    T90 Titans League | Announcement & Details

    Posted: 03 Jun 2022 02:30 PM PDT

    1600 farms expiring at once

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 07:23 AM PDT

    I added hydraulics to the battering ram. (Game is Besieged)

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 06:37 AM PDT

    Real life lessons I got from video games....

    Posted: 04 Jun 2022 02:40 PM PDT

    Spirit Of The Law - Through the Ages: Byzantines and Goths

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 09:47 AM PDT

    Are Pikeman a viable counter vs Elephants?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 05:03 AM PDT

    I've seen a lot of comments in the sub lately saying how Civs without Halbs can't counter Battle Elephants.

    I watched a cast of T90 and he was saying "Berbers only counter to Elephants is Camel, as Berbers only get pikes" and this was a match between 2300k elo players and the Berber player never made one Pikeman, they just spammed Heavy Camel, Teched into Monks and lost.

    And today I was playing a 2v2 and my team mate lost to an Elephant push and he's said "Sorry, I only have Pikeman vs Elephant! Civ Win"

    But AoE2 wiki Tech Tree stats shows:

    Pikeman do +25(War Elephants) & +22 (Cavalry) =+47 bonus damage per hit

    Halbs do +28(War Elephants) & +32 (Cavalry) = +60 bonus damage per hit

    Which works out pikes deal roughly 22% less bonus damage vs Elephants. Compared to Halbs

    (Pikes deal 34% less bonus vs regular Cavalry)

    How does this make them seem not viable to so many people?

    Am I missing something here or are pikes not a counter Elephants.

    submitted by /u/Aggravating-Skill-26
    [link] [comments]

    Onpopular opinion: I prefer the original ost compared to it's remastered counterpart

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 06:26 AM PDT

    Idk if it's just me but I feel like the remixes make the tunes more generic and less memorable. They are still pretty good but kinda dissapointing in comparison the iconic original ost imho.

    The extended civ tunes, and new ones are really awesome tho, great addition.

    submitted by /u/DukeFLIKKERKIKKER
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever said "gg" against the AI?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2022 09:21 AM PDT

    DE things...

    Posted: 04 Jun 2022 06:03 PM PDT

    what to do as the archer player going crossbow against a scout player going kts. if he gets castle age before you.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 10:44 AM PDT

    "Gather 5000 Food" - most people: *just play a normal game* me:

    Posted: 04 Jun 2022 02:20 AM PDT

    What color are the unique units on the "Win 100 games as x civilization" profile icons?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 12:30 PM PDT

    "Tampering detected" - can't play the game

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 12:21 PM PDT

    I have the Windows Store version.
    Never had any big problems, didn't play the game for several months, now all of a sudden I get this error message.

    I've done some research, checked the official support site + forum, did some troubleshooting (including re-installing the game, checking my anti-virus and firewall) - no luck.

    Any ideas I can try? Have any of you guys fixed this issue? Thanks

    submitted by /u/HighTower_55
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever heard of the tragedy of Darth Rubenstock the Wise?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2022 07:48 AM PDT

    Custom Scenario Bug on Additional Damage?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 07:56 AM PDT

    I play a lot of CBA Kings and Heros. In both of those maps a unit gets more damage over time. So like in Heroes the Khan gets +damage over time. But when attacking other units he is only doing the 25 base damage, not the 25 + whatever damage.

    Same thing is happening in Kings. This used to work just fine. Is this a known bug?

    submitted by /u/Bunnyhat
    [link] [comments]

    Bengalis vs Mongols

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 01:19 AM PDT

    Do you go for full Ratha vs full xbows? Do you use lightcav as meatshield or just go for melee+ranged in a single Ratha army? Not adding mangos earlier was my fault. And I forgot just how many upgrades that UU needs to useful. Nonetheless, what are my options?

    submitted by /u/Scoo_By
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn the red arrows when I right click back on?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 10:38 AM PDT

    Somehow I tuned them off. I can't find a setting. Please help my /r/aoe2 you're my only hope

    submitted by /u/estDivisionChamps
    [link] [comments]

    Adding/Modifying/Changing AI in AoC

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 09:56 AM PDT

    Hi

    I have been playing aoe2 AoC for a while now. My system cannot play DE or HD. I have been using hard AI to play against for a while.

    The last time I posted about hard AI is most challenging for me without the AI getting extra resources, someone suggested I can also import custom AIs to the game.

    the 20 year old AI only gives a fast castle into knights or longswords or UUs which becomes predictable.

    Is there any way to import additional AI's in the old game?

    I snooped around the game folder and I only found SampleAI.per in the goodies folder

    G:\Age Of Empires II Gold Edition\Goodies\AISCRIPT

    I could not find any other *.per file in the game and deleting or modifying the sampleAI.per does not do anything.

    Can someone tell me how do I install custom AI's in the old game?

    submitted by /u/Ahm771
    [link] [comments]

    Villager event

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 03:01 AM PDT

    If I have my villagers kill an enemy villager is that considered a unit for the second mission?

    submitted by /u/Ordinary_Beginning72
    [link] [comments]

    Did your English improve by watching AoE 2 content?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2022 12:55 PM PDT

    This sounds stupid and sad but my English improved drastically when I started to follow AoE content in 2018. I remember when I watched AoE content on youtube the first time. I had trouble to understand the casters. But as time went on I could understand more and more. How was it for you non-native speakers?

    submitted by /u/Dudenleser
    [link] [comments]

    Regional unit shuffle

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 07:22 AM PDT

    This is more of a discussion-post, but I had the thought that some regional units are very well-represented, but others are really sparse. So, what regional units do people think should go be given or taken away from civs?

    Now I want to add (because there is always someone that takes this the wrong way), that this is from a historical or visual standpoint, not a balance-one. It's just a bit of fun.

    With that out of the way, a reminder of the regional units:

    Camel Rider
    Eagle Warrior
    Battle Elephant
    Elephant Archer
    Armoured Elephant
    Steppe Lancer
    Paladin (Was described in a developer interview as a regional upgrade)

    Here are my thoughts...

    Gain Steppe Lancer: Persians, Turks, Hindustanis, Magyars, Huns

    Gain Elephant Archer: Persians, Burmese

    Gain Armoured Elephant (and lose Battering Ram): Burmese, Malay, Khmer, Vietnamese

    Gain Battle Elephant: Tatars

    Lose Paladin: Huns

    submitted by /u/Tyrann01
    [link] [comments]

    Which new mechanic would you like to include in the game?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2022 04:41 PM PDT

    Jesters, the plague, human sacrifices, iron as new resource, dogs, another?

    submitted by /u/Mak_27
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help with Campaign File Names

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 05:35 AM PDT

    Found out how to extract official campaigns into the scenario editor so I get under the hood and look at the triggers. The problem is the file names are at the most generous non indicative. Right now I need the Hautevilles data et but I have no ability tell which file is theirs. Is there a method to the madness?

    For reference I need to know what the betrayal triggers for your patrons in the first levels so I can not trigger them for roleplaying purposes. The in game dialogue is far far too vague to me to understand why my patrons turn on me like wolves. I just get there and they turn on my like wolves.

    But for now, I need the Hautevilles campaign file name so I can extract and look at the first mission triggers

    submitted by /u/Sansophia
    [link] [comments]

    Trush and archers on arena

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 04:10 AM PDT

    Can anyone explain me why this is becoming so common at higher levels ? I struggle to see how this is a good strategy, and I wonder if there is something I'm missing

    What is the goal of this strategy? Do you need to kill villagers for it be worth it ? If not, what do you need to accomplish for it to be considered successfull?

    submitted by /u/LetInevitable5146
    [link] [comments]

    Hindustani vs mangudai+hussar?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2022 05:32 PM PDT

    I tried elite gulam but they only have 8 pierce armor and can be widlled down by mass mangudai. Imp camel has more hp but zero base pierce. What's a good choice?

    submitted by /u/MysteriousShadow__
    [link] [comments]

    Forgotten Empires hiring again. Could it be for more DLCs? Or could it be the mythical Age of Mythology Definitive Edition?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2022 09:47 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment