• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 29, 2021

    Age of Empires II another meme

    Age of Empires II another meme


    another meme

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 10:54 AM PST

    When no one walls in Amazon Tunnel so you do a scout wall

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 11:57 PM PST

    Just saw this in my old steam account i haven't used in forever and had a good laugh. Sorry mate

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 06:12 AM PST

    Seems going in a good way

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 01:36 AM PST

    All of them done. With this I can start 2022 on a high note.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 09:05 AM PST

    Chinese openings by Survivalist (I know I seem his agent on Reddit, but c'mon, his content is awesome!)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 05:49 AM PST

    Campagin Genocide Episode #18 Montezuma #1 #2 #3

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 04:59 AM PST

    Campagin Genocide Episode #18 Montezuma #1 #2 #3

    Welcome to Mexico

    The first mission kinda threw me off the first time (I prematurely discovered a Shrine with auto scout). I had to reload once because I played like trash and your enemies are fairly aggressive. That being said, once the newly found sense of challenge kicked in mission became a breeze, because once you build a Castle at the western entrance of your base, enemies are cooked. Rainforest is full of resources and if it weren't for my Castle building tendencies, I'd have issues spending them. The army of choice was a composition of Eagles and Crossbows supported by Rams.

    I went in order of red-purple-orange. Nothing really interesting since I was stuck in Castle Age with 75 pop. I dropped the occasional Castle to speed things up, but other than the fact you still must put relics into shrines even though all enemies are defeated, there was nothing of notice.

    It took me a while to get to the westernmost shrine. Because I though I needed a transport. Nope. You can just walk and bypass the Jaguars that \"guard\" the shrine

    Triple Alliance

    This mission holds a special place in me heart. It is remarkably easy and it is also the mission where 12 year old me found out, being nice can pay off. You see, without knowing those fools would betray me, I built Castles in their base for their protection. Which basically destroyed them afterwards.

    The most hectic thing in the entire mission is the hunt for three Relic that are visible on the map thanks to allied vision. Tlaxcala try to get it, but Eagles are really nice against Monks. After some scuffle for the one in purple's base which Tlaxcalan Monk managed to move a bit I wall in the one to the north, closer to purple base and guard the one further with Eagles. I manage to pick up all three. I was building up a base in the meantime, booming and teching up. I also build 3 Towers in a choke point that is the access point to my and purple's Docks. Tlaxcala never really threaten the place where I build the base (southeast of purple) so no rush.Meanwhile yellow keeps his extremely inefficient attacks against Tlaxcalan towers which surround the temple of the rain god. I transport some vills to an island unaccessible by shallows to get more stone. I start building Castles. I build one next to but not right in front of Tlaxcala base. There is a gold mine too. I go away from the screen with the game unpaused and then finally start making an army. 10 jacked up Jaguars, Skirms, Crossbows, Eagles and Rams.My allies actually made a small push in the meantime. I destroy Tlaxcalans in basically one prolonged attack and my allies surprisingly turn me on again as they always have in this mission. They are shot to death by 7 or 8 Castles which make short work of them.You would think I have plan for Cortéz... and I had. But game doesn't allow you to change diplomacy.

    At least it allowed me tobe clear of any Tlacopan remnants...

    Fighting Spanish.

    To make things interesting I decided to play as if I was getting the achievement for saving Tabasco on Hard. It must be said that I suffered. And that it's BS.Because you getting this achievment on Hard or not is largely based on Spanish Cannon Galleons deciding what they want to hit. I eventually got off some conversions (including a Cannon Galleon) and managed to save Tabasco from the initial attack. However I had to rush a Monastery and couple of Monks, so my economy was in shambles and I still had to defend those useless orange people and their chilli.Not to mention Tlaxcala, while much weaker is lot smarter, because they were able to find my base and be like... let's go there. After several fallen Castles, couple of reloads I managed to get Imp, small force of Eagles and stabilize.

    That meant I could finally kill Tlaxcalans. Who ran out of gold at that point in time, so I was mostly just trebbing down their buildings. Eagles and Arbs were in reserve. I added Skirms for the attack on Cortéz, who reminded the me that I hate Spanish Villagers when they are Enemy.

    https://preview.redd.it/vbzfuflqah881.jpg?width=664&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=37f801c3311eec8588503baa2295843be532c249

    By the way Tabasco IS utterly useless. They don't even have a Market. Fortunately in this mission you can get all kills quite easily. Cortéz doesn't give up until you destroy his production and all his towers. So you can just take down everything and then Treb his BBTs

    https://preview.redd.it/yglyo15mbh881.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=01063087d6fe61ba7180ea098be914c2c0c0445d

    The next installment though... far more epic. La Noche Triste is easily the most memorable mission from the Conquerors in this run.

    submitted by /u/iSkehan
    [link] [comments]

    Perfect spot to die

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 11:53 AM PST

    Campagin Genocide Episode #19 Montezuma #4

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 05:36 AM PST

    Campagin Genocide Episode #19 Montezuma #4

    This was challenging, this was epic, this made me rethink my strategy. It was awesome, even though a bit painful.

    The beginning of the mission is run of the mill so to speak. Pick up units from south, pick up eagles on the way to the transports, kill 3 Tlaxcala Eagles, board Transports. Kill 2 Conqs. Delete Palisade for a nice cutscene of Jaguars killing Tlaxcalan Monk. Pick up an Onager. and fight 6 Tlaxcalan Jaguars. Push into Tlaxcalan base. Kill the garrison and rescue prisoners. The key difference here is that not only do I kill their Villagers, but I also destroy their TC for good measure. There is an angle from which melee units can attack without being shot by Castle. This leaves them with some production, but they can't gather resources or rebuild.

    First time I simply went for transports and landed in the southwest, picked up the woodchopping Villagers outside of Tenochtitlán, and built a base. Base building was too slow and my attempts to Treb down Wonder building Villagers failed. That started a timer... which I didn't really want to fight. Remember, I need to kill everything. For that I need Spies and I was unable to safely stop Spanish Villagers from building without destroying the Wonder.
    With that I reloaded and once I entered the Northern Dock area of Tenochtitlán, I pushed into the city and started killing Spaniards and wrecked some buildings of Conquered Aztecs (interestingly enough, they are the only ones with Heresy, which matters later.) to get some space. My warriors fight for their lives and for the freedom of their people. That is a lot, but they need backup. After taking down Spanish TC I send for the Monks in the southeast. I make more of them and get Block Printing and Theocracy. Super tanky Aztec Monks are incredibly helpful because they patch up my force and they can stop Villagers from building from a very safe distance. Once I acquired some Villagers I built a Market and bought some Stone with which I built a Castle. Castle fell to Cortéz' Treb, but not before building two Trebs of my own. One of them survived, so I could destroy his Castle from safety. Eventually, I killed all Cortéz' Villagers which essentially crippled him. I also convert his two docks on the southern side of the city.

    That allowed me to send a Villager via Transport to the southwest and finally make an actual base of my own. In the meantime, I destroy the two Castles of Conquered Aztecs. I also converted some Tlaxcalans on the way, because they keep training things even without any new resources. Which allowed me to bolster my numbers, because 9 Monks (Monks, Villagers, Fire Ships, and Trebs are the only units I trained) are really fond of trickle attacks. I start Trebing down Tlaxcalan Castle with the Treb aaaaand it gets destroyed by Spanish Canon Galeon (I could still win, but like... 30 minutes later). So I reload and build a Dock first to make some Fire Ships and I move the invasion force against Tlaxcala who is the last remaining enemy with a functioning base. I moved the Treb further inland and wreck the base. I move to the south because I know that at the end of the Southwestern bridge there is another Tlaxcalan Castle. I destroy it and... apparently there is something else alive. I start the painful process of getting food to have more Villagers that can mine stone and gold so I can get a new Castle and Spies.

    I get Spies. And there is a lone crossbow where their original base used to be. I kill with a converted (regular) Galleon. There are also two Conquered Aztec War Galleys and Cortéz is left with some warships and my greatest enemy - the Fishing Ship. I went on to destroy these ships and then Conquered Aztec Docks and Cortéz' Dock. With that, I win... to find out I left one Fishing Ship alive.
    Destroying their Dock causes defeat to Conquered Aztecs.

    Blue units are hard to see on the water. I reload, kill everything and turn on the Docks. I destroyed Cortéz first, so Conquered Aztecs haven't surrendered in this one. But they have no population, so I am fine with the result.
    And thus I win with the Wonder still in construction.

    THIS TREB IS A HERO. Shortly after the crucial moment of the mission when Cortét lost his Treb.

    Last Tlaxcalan in Tenochtitlán met his end with Galleon shot to the face

    It's intact. Why does the game say it was destroyed.

    Tlaxcalans came back to life once. The other time they were done for good.

    156 HP away from being defeated

    Resting place of that accursed Fishing Ship.

    submitted by /u/iSkehan
    [link] [comments]

    Do good players use cataphracts?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 01:05 AM PST

    I'm struggling to justify the cataphract. Even after you pay for elite and the 800 food / 500 gold logistica, it seems not cost-effective or situationally useful. Edit: First off, I know they have a big bonus vs infantry, trample damage, and a hidden anti-bonus bonus.

    The easiest comparison is elite cat w/ logistica vs paladin. With Byz lack of bloodlines or blast furnace, it's overall less beefy and will lose 1v1 or in mass battles against paladins, especially against civs with knight line bonuses. Cats trade poorly with halbs despite the anti-infantry bonus, and yeah they beat champs and champ-like UUs, but so do paladins! Yeah they beat champs even harder than paladins do, but no sane enemy will build champs against a Byz player anyway. Meanwhile paladins crush archers and scorps, which cats do poorly against. And cats only come from castles. So the appeal of the cat is that your enemy won't try to use camels (due to anti-bonus armor) or champs against you, but that doesn't seem good enough.

    Castle age it's base cats vs knights, where I feel all the above applies the same.

    Situationally they seem weird too. Ok, they can't be quickly killed even by their counters. Maybe the idea is you mass them and worry more about winning battles than cost-effectiveness, since you can heal. But if you wait to mass your cats, your enemy will mass something that's definitely not champions or camels, probably archers, and you will lose. Logistica doesn't help cats enough in mass battles to make up for the fact that they're nonranged; if I'm going to mass something, I'd rather it be mangudai or longbows.

    Playing as Byz, I usually trash spam instead, which leaves room for cats and maybe the weaksauce Byz camels too... but it doesn't feel great. What do the pro Byz players do?

    P.S. I have to admit that my tag is a lie because I mainly play Byz casually and Franks in ranked. Would like to change that.

    submitted by /u/yes19991
    [link] [comments]

    Can we change architecture styles for Civs?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 04:43 AM PST

    I wonder if there is a mod that would give Persians the same architecture as Tatars and give Cumans the architecture of the Slavics and Magyars.

    If not, I guess I'm gonna try doing it myself. Must be just some number to change in affiliating 3D models.

    submitted by /u/CallOfReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Silk Armor

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 06:58 AM PST

    When I first heard of this tech back in 2019, I thought it would make our light cavs, CA, and lancers immune to arrow fire like huskarls and rattans.

    Would you desire having huskarl light cavalry, steppe lanceskarls and cavalry rattans in a Tatar army?

    submitted by /u/hussar269c
    [link] [comments]

    Civ Icons next to names

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 06:20 AM PST

    What's up with some users having a civ icon next to their name in this subreddit? That's a cool feature, and I wonder how that's done! Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/woodPaladin
    [link] [comments]

    Indian DLC (Conquest of India)

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 04:09 PM PST

    Recently I posted a Civ Concept for the Bengal Empire, I noticed in the comments & in other forums around the AoE2 there was a lot of talk about more Civs to represent India as well as Campaigns.

    There would be some really cool campaigns which could be based around the Muslim Conquests into India as well as some internal conflicts and some extra love for Chinese & South East Asian could be included.

    The 2 New Civs I would propose would be:

    1. Chola (I think MantisAoe does a great representation on his YouTube channel)

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OyU-ec9w5B8

    1. Bengals (This is my design, but mostly it be a Elephant heavy designed Civ)

    https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/ro9gt4/bengal_empire_civ_concept/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    Keeping to current version Indians with not having access to knight-line for the New Civs.

    But linking the 3 Civs together by all having the Elephant Archer available in the Archer Range. It could lose some of its stats due to its easier availability, this would tie all 3 Civs together as well as all 3 getting Access to the Battle Elephant as a Knight night replacement.

    This leave the Indians with out a UU.

    INDIANS (Rework)

    Camel Civ

    •Villages cost -10%, -15%, -20% & -25% less food

    •Fisherman work 10% faster

    •Stable units +1p/armour per age (+2 total)

    •Camels are available in the Feudal Age (Juvenile Version) Similar stats to a scout but longer creation time.

    Taking from a Reddit Poll in this sub for earlier units. The Camel was voted for the most and historically the Mughals were recorded to field a army of 2000+ Camels, one of the largest ever recorded.

    UNIQUE UNITS Zamaraks (45wood, 70gold)

    Replacing the Elephant Archer, Zamaraks would be the first Wood costing gunpowder unit. (Excluding Cannons) Since they are camel mounted gunpowder unit they'd have bonuses vs Cavalry & Infantry. Would also benefit from the Team Bonus.

    Similar to a Conquistador but with lower armour & attack. Probably more of a Arambia Unit.

    Imperial Camel (Same)

    Note* Elephant Archer wouldnt classify as a UU in the same way Eagles do not.

    UNIT TECHS •Shatage (Gunpowder Units +1 range)

    Useful tech in Castle Age now for the UU

    Elephantry (Battle Elephant gold cost replaced by food)

    Replaces Sultans, don't really feel like it was a great tech. A Trash Elephant would be fitting, they would not get Elite Upgrade and this tech itself would cost about the same a the Elite Upgrade.

    TEAM BONUS Camel Units & Battle Elephants +4 attack vs Buildings

    • No Elite Battle Elephants
    • Losses Siege Engineers (BBC & Galleons still get +1 range from the UT).

    Overall the 3 Civs would work well together and fit AoE2 era for campaigns and offer unique play style for Ranked matches.

    submitted by /u/Aggravating-Skill-26
    [link] [comments]

    I’m looking for a team :D

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 01:03 PM PST

    Hello! I'm a 19 year old girl from the Netherlands and I play a lot of age of empires 2 DE. My aoe buddies have lost their touch with the game but I'm still playing at least 2-3 games every day. I really like playing in a team so I hope I'm allowed to ask this here that I'm looking for a team to play with. Would probably be best if that team is located in Western Europe timezone because that's just a bit easier for all of us. Yes, I do like to play arena but I honestly like to play any map I'm not that stubborn. Japanese is my favourite civ but lately I've only been playing random civ. my team ELO is about 1300 but it fluctuates. Sometimes I play aoe when I'm stoned and my elo only goes up…. Well that's about it, hope there are some people out there reading this

    submitted by /u/bearbrother3
    [link] [comments]

    thought i was crazy.......this strange-looking man keeps appearing on my load screen

    Posted: 27 Dec 2021 04:34 PM PST

    Malay vs Briton

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 08:04 PM PST

    Is this a tough matchup for Malay? They lack pierce armor for mounted units and their siege is not good. Any advices?

    submitted by /u/justingreg
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for friends

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 03:44 PM PST

    Hey, im not sure if this is the correct sub or if there is another one for this, im looking for people to play with, im kind of rusty and have never dared to play multiplayer before so i'd prefer playing vs ai at first and might tap in to multiplayer later on, just dont want to ruin anyones elo with my rusty skills and insecurity 111, im from Sweden so european time zone is easiest

    submitted by /u/downorwhaet
    [link] [comments]

    calling all low elo legends

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 05:58 AM PST

    log in. find match. ranked. 1v1. lose. sad aoe experience. stop the cycle!

    log in. 2v2 trolling meme with fun elo legend. laugh. much better.

    https://discord.gg/ehBmgCvrTg "militia eat TC"

    i can be your daut:))

    submitted by /u/rickyleon14
    [link] [comments]

    A look at the Wandering Warriors ‘Nomad’ generations

    Posted: 27 Dec 2021 07:06 PM PST

    Certain skills to focus on when transitioning from Extreme AI to online multiplayer?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 08:05 PM PST

    Question in title. I can beat Extreme AI now >50% of the time and want to give multiplayer a try, but I've heard it's much faster paced. If there were 2 or 3 skills or tactics you'd recommend to focus on that's common in multiplayer online but not in AI skirmish what would they be?

    Background: I taught myself to beat Extreme AI not using the 'cheese' techniques but with a common drush into archers as Britons, or straight archer rush. I get to Feudal at around 10 minutes with the archer rush, a little later when I drush first.

    submitted by /u/petran1420
    [link] [comments]

    How Viable Is Palisade Wall Rush?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 07:44 PM PST

    If you play Vietnamese, how viable is it to wall in the opponents gold/stone and place random palisade walls everywhere to prevent good building placement e.g. lumber camps?

    submitted by /u/KoreanOneTricker
    [link] [comments]

    Analysis of the Berserk after its buffs

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 04:54 AM PST

    The non-elite (standerd) Berserk was buffed quite a lot in the last patch, how viable is it in Castle now?

    Berserk buffs

    1. Attack increased from 9 to 12
    2. Melee armor increased from 0 to 1
    3. Viking bonus: Infantry have 10%/15%/20% extra HP in Feudal, Castle, Imp changed to Infantry have 20% extra HP starting in Feudal, so standard Berserk's HP increased effectively from 62 to 64
    4. Elite Berserk cost reduced from 1300 food 550 gold to 1075 food 475 gold
    5. Elite Berserk training time reduced from 14 to 12 seconds

    These buffs were in line with those of the Long Swordsman as a push to make infantry more viable in the Castle Age. Berserks now have:

    HP:65

    Attack: 12

    Melee armor:1

    Pierce armor: 1

    Rate of Fire: 2.0

    Is this enough to make the unit more viable in the Castle Age? Is it still worth going for Elite in Imp despite the buffs for the non-elite version?

    submitted by /u/Apookatzgamingaoe2
    [link] [comments]

    Campaign Genocide Episode #16 El Cid

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 05:19 AM PST

    Campaign Genocide Episode #16 El Cid

    Missions #1 #2 #3
    Bagging Alfonso.

    Rather unremarkable mission in terms of gameplay. After the tournament segment you get a gigantic starting army, and once you pick up all the Gaia units and Serfs (and their houses! Kinda important to escape pop block), you can just get going. Alfonso has very little when it comes to villagers, which is a recurring theme across the first three missions. I didn't remember it, but once I built a Market, Sancho's vision gave me the location of the Relics and Monastery in the western corner, which jump-started gold income quite nicely.

    Then I destroyed Alfonso by basically building a Castle in front of his base (Southeast gate, where Serfs have their small camp, I set up my base there) because that dumbass kept sending his villagers across its line of fire. Eventually, he was left with a single one that was chopping wood... if we disregard fishing ships in a lake that was fished out. Then I just destroyed his western set of towers and built a Castle to the Southwestern gate. This Castle safely destroyed Alfonso's stuck Scorpions. Then I started to look for stragglers, found everyone including fishing ships, and rammed Alfonso's Castle. Stupid traitorous scum came with me and his army switched to ally. and then to my horror, his army trained a Missionary. Alfonso had a relic, so he had gold access. So I quickly switched back to the enemy stance and killed him.As the map was cleared I went with him to the tournament grounds.

    Unfulfilling genocide complete.

    If you look closely, you can see that Missionary.

    Running Errands for Alfonso in Toledo.

    Once again. Kinda easy strictly Castle Age mission. I visit Imam and go east to build a base there and pick up a humongous herd of sheep on the way. I build some Fishing Ships but leave enough wood to build a TC. I defend my starting tents with the starting army until I build three Castles that secure the Motamid area and my base. Then I build a ball of Conqs and start building some Rams and methodically murder my way through Toledo starting with Saracen economic base outside of the city to the east to get rid of both Saracen and Spanish traitorous scum. The only obstacle on the way is Saracen Castle because it is smartly covered not only by palisade but also by trees. So the first time I lost rams to it, because I thought they would start hitting it (neither enemy has Murder Holes) and they were still unable to connect... because of trees.

    Anyway, I eventually murder all Saracen rebels, but I am yet to defeat Spanish, despite destroying their production. Apparently there are units on the lose. After two minutes I find a Long Sword and a Knight and kill them. I beat the mission without putting Relics to the Imam's Monastery. I did send Monks to the Island in case I lost patience. No Imp = No Spies.

    Flexing on Imam

    Yup. It's there.

    https://preview.redd.it/2yfyodk3y9881.jpg?width=500&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=24d0b9bc536f7592ea22bdf9f6bf1d562dfc77fc

    Getting away from Alfonso.

    On to Zaragoza. First order of business. Get a horsey, leave Alfonso's camp, kill all fools that follow us, get the base to the south, dance with El Cid around as your Skirms kill the garrison of the Castle, build some Rams, smash the Castle down. Laugh at Alfonso, meet up with your pal Motamid.

    Wreck Berenguer's attack, his proxy Siege Workshop, get a base. By the way. You are Saracen (for now) Harry. Reminder that Saracens and Franks have 8 campaign missions since Conquerors, while to this day Persians and Chinese have 1. Start a base, shake your head Berenguer's Monk somehow picked up the relic from the south despite you killing 4 of them. Get a Castle, look in awe that Berenguer has no Villagers in the beginning, so Spies are almost free. Get to Imp quickly via Market and get Spies for 1000 gold. Drop a Castle on Berenguer and wreck his base to an extent, because you still need to take vengeance on Alfonso, because he's a treacherous fool. For that 5 Elite Mamelukes and 2 Trebs are more than enough as the foolish kind sends his feudal age at your attack force one by one.We don't need to destroy his base, but I do so anyway in case he gives up once I destroy production. Sadly I left a Dock and a Worskshop standing, because I was busy with timing Berenguer and I didn't check if that fool Alf is dead already. Because the first time I destroyed TC and some more production, Berenguer surrendered with Villagers alive. We can't have that. So the standard procedure of dropping the TC to unsuitable for garrison and then you kill off all the remaining villagers. As they are all dead, TC is free to be destroyed.

    Red Monlith

    The Workshop in question.

    Genocide complete. This has been so far very uneventful. Best part was Cid dancing around to avoid Archer fire and Pikes as 5 Skirms gun down an army three times their cost.

    submitted by /u/iSkehan
    [link] [comments]

    Legit had a nightmare where boars now one shot villagers

    Posted: 27 Dec 2021 12:21 PM PST

    Don't know why I'm sharing this.

    But it was terrifying ya'll.

    submitted by /u/ericbomb
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment