• Breaking News

    Friday, December 31, 2021

    Age of Empires II I drew a Searjant! Any suggestions for my next drawing?

    Age of Empires II I drew a Searjant! Any suggestions for my next drawing?


    I drew a Searjant! Any suggestions for my next drawing?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 01:48 PM PST

    The crazy story of random costs regicide I played yesterday

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 04:12 AM PST

    Age of Empires 2 DE - Vikings Theme (Extended Version)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 12:28 PM PST

    Countering cav archers and camels?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 05:03 AM PST

    Just wondered if anyone has any good counters for a cav archer and camel combo? Xbows is the best I can think of but if you're playing a civ that doesn't have good archers like Bulgarians or Teutons what's your best bet?

    submitted by /u/tomcotard
    [link] [comments]

    Spanish Trade be like

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 05:50 AM PST

    What's the YouTube playlist order to watch for Redbull Wololo V?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 11:13 AM PST

    When I look at the RBW5 playlist on YouTube, the streams seem to be all over the place. I have a general idea of what's going on, but could someone confirm this or correct me?

    1. T90 vs Dave Showmatch and short clips are optional bonus things to watch.

    2. The order goes GROUPS day 1 - 4 (parts 1 & 2), quarter finals (1 & 2), semi-finals, finals, grand finals.

    3. The "Person vs Person GROUP" videos are either qualifiers, spoilers, or extras?

    submitted by /u/Majike03
    [link] [comments]

    [Suggestion] The Slinger

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 02:58 PM PST

    Castle Age Slinger is probably the most situational unit in the game, losing to all dominant units of their Age (Crossbows, Knights, CA), and pretty much have one use- to have some sort of advantage in a meso mirror against Aztecs/Mayans big economies.

    And even when your opponent goes for Longswords or Pikes (which isn't common in the current narrow meta) you better just go Crossbows as Incas, with the option to go for a FU Arbalester later on.
    Crossbows simply does a nicer job having better animation, better projectile speed and cheaper (cost wood over food).

    Suggestion:

    Slinger now have 6 range instead of 5 range

    It will pull them away from this anti-infantry niche, and will add another dimension to the unit, though unlike Britons Archers here there is no room for oppressiveness, due to infiriority and every single other parameter they will still lose to Crossbow.

    Let me know what you guys think.

    submitted by /u/SHAWNSHAWNAOE
    [link] [comments]

    Increasing toxicity ? People taking the game too seriously ?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 02:18 PM PST

    I'm all for wanting to improve. I get climbing the ladder in aoe less than in other games cuz I see elo here as just a way to play a good clean game but I also respect the hustle nonetheless.

    I think it's strating to seep into the mentality of the community too much. Idk if it's more newer players or people watching the pros, but many are taking the game way too seriously it feels like sometimes. I'm not saying you should clown on arena, or not play to win. But maybe don't be a toxic asshole. And realize that you cant win them all. And that even though everyone plays to win, having fun should also be important.

    I primarily play TG for fun and don't really tryhard ( I leave Tryharding to 1v1 ). People can tryhard all they want I'm fine with that. But I'm not fine with being told to GG and 105 and that my team sucks no where near the end of the match. I once denied a lame and the guy just went off on me calling me everything that doesn't turn into **** that he could find. And I'm not talking from a few experiences I had but more the shift from the experiences I had before and the ones I have now in general.

    So yeah to conclude, please don't let your journey to Git Gud turn you to an evil boy.

    submitted by /u/Ryder_GroveST
    [link] [comments]

    From which region should the next DLC's civilizations be from?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 12:11 PM PST

    Just to give some context the last eight civilizations added since DE and its DLCs were the Poles, Bohemians, Bugundians, Sicilians, Bulgarians, Cumans, Lithuanians and Tatars.

    I can't add more options to the poll due to Reddit's limit of 6 so don't get mad, if you vote a large region like Asia make sure you specify East Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia or Central Asia in your comment.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/jenkins_fisherman99
    [link] [comments]

    My Laptop broke early this December and I only got it back today. Looks like I'm gonna be missing the last 2 rewards

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 04:59 AM PST

    Resources to get better at the mid/late game.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 04:51 AM PST

    Hi all. I recently started playing online after a lot of coop games with friends against the AI and I'm seeing a pattern that I don't acknowledge how to break : I do okay during the early game, not attacking much but I can progress quickly and defend against most rushes and keep going, but when big fights in castle age start to happen, I tend to get behind very fast and unable to get much done. I've gotten better at keeping my eco going and‍ my army production as well, but I never know wether I should switch my army comp to deal with what my ennemy has, or if I should focus on getting more of what I had in mind and overpower... If I went cavalry and my ennemy makes halbs, it costs so much to then upgrade all the way to arbalests and takes forever... Do you have any resources regarding the mid/late game about how to deal with the bigger fights and how to prioritise army techs and things like that ?

    submitted by /u/KettyYT
    [link] [comments]

    AITA: AOE2 Edition

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 10:07 AM PST

    AITA: AOE2 Edition

    Wondering if I'm the asshole for not walling properly on Mountain Range.

    I am pink in the pocket. Walled up quick and close to prevent M@A getting through. By 7:45 (first image) I completed walls to the clusters of trees between my TC and my teammates' TCs.

    Yellow (on my left) did in fact end up letting all starting scouts and 3 M@A into our eco which was annoying but we dealt with it.

    Cut to 15:00 and I hit Castle Age (first of anyone but moot point). Red (highest ELO on the team) plugs the gap that I maybe I should have predicted. In any case Red knew enough to just do it themselves or ping it for me.

    Yellow on the other hand finished up to the tree cluster in center-left and just walks away. Seems like they should either fix it themselves or flare for me to fix. Instead Yellow has his single walling vil making a market. 6 scouts run in the hole and everyone gg's. Yellow and I trade insults (nothing obscene).

    My thinking is that the greedy walls let in M@A, and if we had all played like that and all opponents went for M@A that would likely be gg. I do see the benefit of hitting the furthest treelines and maybe this is the meta and I'm the asshole. But even then I feel like the teammates going for bigger walls later into feudal need to flag holes or communicate in some way.

    Am I the asshole?

    https://preview.redd.it/huu5hv9d2x881.png?width=2469&format=png&auto=webp&s=e71e761e0408593141dc78b7c63eabda9aa0de79

    https://preview.redd.it/ybcywk6e2x881.png?width=2107&format=png&auto=webp&s=d1f2bbf9f4eff6b82fa1a6ad90e44d809fb5f22f

    submitted by /u/bikesaremagic
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get AoE2 or AoE3?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2021 06:57 PM PST

    I realize posting a question like this on the Aoe2 subreddit might not be the wisest idea for an unbiased opinion, but as someone who doesn't know much about this franchise, I was having trouble deciding which game would be better for me. What I've generally heard from people who have played both games is that AoE2 is better, but that AoE3 is easier for people unfamiliar with the franchise and with RTS games in general (like me). I was wondering if I could get a little further input on which game would be better suited for someone like me.

    submitted by /u/DaddyJaspersSon
    [link] [comments]

    TheViper and AoE2

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 07:56 AM PST

    Hey guys, so I follow AoE on YouTube unless there's a major tournament then I watch live. But I wanted to know if anyone is watching viper and if he said he was going to quit aoe or something. Cause lately it's just aoe4 (not saying that he should play aoe2, he can play what's he wants) Ijust want to know so I can silence notifications and not expect them.

    submitted by /u/No-Craft682
    [link] [comments]

    Age of Empires Toon #6 New Year, Same Party Crashers

    Posted: 30 Dec 2021 10:05 PM PST

    Is there a discord to find custom games?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 04:28 AM PST

    I missed the whole Battle Royale craze, it's neat against the AI, but it would be cool to find games

    submitted by /u/Lavabass
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment