• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 29, 2022

    Age of Empires II we are not the same

    Age of Empires II we are not the same


    we are not the same

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 04:20 AM PST

    Platforms used on Leaderboards for the different games of the franchise

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 07:36 PM PST

    Top25 countries on the AoE2:DE leaderboards

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 11:28 PM PST

    The sheer importance of simply spending resources and making units demonstrated. (Yellow is playing 1v2, red and cyan both have 200% handicap)

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 05:22 AM PST

    new hidden achievements added?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 04:34 PM PST

    Why is there no grand unified tournament to crown a champion every year?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 09:40 PM PST

    If there was a grand tournament what rules/maps would you play by? How would you qualify?

    submitted by /u/aviatorbassist
    [link] [comments]

    Uneven Relic Spawn Distribution on Coastal Forest Needs to be Fixed!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 08:03 PM PST

    Looking for someone to game with

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 12:03 AM PST

    Hey y'all, I'm a relatively new player who's trying to play some team games. Looking for someone to queue with. DM me if interested.

    submitted by /u/ScumG
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to....?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 10:26 PM PST

    I have in my possession the 5 disc game in which I have never played... AoEIII + AoEIII:the Warchieifs, + AoEIII the Asian Dynasties but don't have a PC with disc drive but I do have the product keys, is there any possibility of downloading a digital copy and utilizing those product keys as proof of valid Microsoft software ?

    submitted by /u/Impossible-Hope-5586
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling on Campaign?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 09:35 PM PST

    Hi all! I wanted to finally finish/beat AoE II, something I never was able to do as a kid. Also found out it has achievements! Currently on the Berber campaign after spending 10 hours working on the Portugeuse story. It feels incredibly difficult and I often find myself falling behind and losing.

    I don't really have any interest in MP, but I do want to work towards getting most of the SP achievements. What can I do to do better in these campaign missions?

    submitted by /u/TraversingWorlds
    [link] [comments]

    Any DLC rumors?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 12:01 AM PST

    Haven't been following the game for a while, don't if they are done with the game completely or not

    submitted by /u/vesnoimorskoi
    [link] [comments]

    Why do you loose games?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 05:53 AM PST

    Hotkeys on the Steam version

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 11:48 AM PST

    Hotkeys on the Steam version

    I had AoE2 DE from the Microsoft Store and recently migrated to the Steam version. I was able to get the grid hotkeys in the game from the MS store but in the Steam version even the default Definitive Edition hotkeys are the old system. How do I get the grid hotkeys on this?

    https://preview.redd.it/27ue8qveghe81.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=9c664a5d8ccfae86041888e556f2293cac321c85

    submitted by /u/Adventurous_Mine4328
    [link] [comments]

    I’m losing because of scouting - what info should I look for?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 10:46 AM PST

    Hey all, I'm 12xx player. I love the game and I find consistently my macro is better than other players and so is my unit control.

    My big issue is scouting. I'm terrible at reading what the opponent is going to do. For example, I'll play arabia, spot a barracks and I'll think 'ok it's drush' and then do some small walls….but then I never really scout again after that to determine strategy/transition of other player.

    Any thoughts on how to approach this? I feel like I could be a lot higher if I could (a) scout later in the game and (b) use the scouting info to my advantage.

    submitted by /u/Disastrous_Gap_4711
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what controls whether a ranked game's replay is available?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 02:23 PM PST

    I'm just curious. I only play team games, and 90% of the time replays from my perspective are never available on the various AoE2 websites. I use the Steam version, am signed in Xbox Live Services, and (I don't think it's relevant) live in the U.S. and the Cloud Capacity on the replays screen says it's only 53% full. I know replays are no longer available after some period of time, but most of the time mine are never available (even though it's saved locally) but the replays from most of the other players are. I always end up back at a menu after the game (no alt+f4, etc), so I'd think the game/server should be able to get my replay perspective after a clean game over.

    submitted by /u/HowieDoodis
    [link] [comments]

    Attack ground for Mangonels/Onagers, BBC and Trebs against the AI

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 03:53 AM PST

    Hi all! Now that I'm playing all Campaigns on Hard level I realize that I tend to use strats that completely avoid using certain game mechanics. One of the issues of playing only against the AI (Skirmishes or Campaigns) is that you end up having some bad habits that can become troublesome when entering the ladder or lobbies (human opponents). The one I want to address today is the underusage of attack ground command. The AI has "god micro" when it comes to dodging Mangonel/Onager, BBC and Treb projectiles aiming at their units, no matter if you are using direct attack or attack ground. That behavior discourages low ELO players like me from using them in Campaigns, especially the Mangonel line. This habit can backfire strongly at us when facing human players if we avoid using Mangonels in situations where they are really needed (Castle Age Siege pushes, Xbow/Skirm/Ram/Mangonel counter,…).

    A very similar story happens when you attack/attack ground with BBC or Trebs. Suddenly, as if someone had shouted "Watch out!" all enemy units evacuate the area where your projectile is landing. This also can discourage us from using them against enemy units, which can prove fatal on Imperial Age wars. We all know that BBC and Trebs are very good building razers, but if we completely stop using them to kill/hurt/scare enemy units, we are losing part of their potential.

    I want to encourage people who feel unconfident on using attack ground command to use it regardless of the result. Not only will you become better at using it as time goes by, but you'll also get the habit for when it's time to face a human opponent.

    On the bright side, I must say that, even if you're going to miss the shot, it is interesting trying to aim at AI units, since they will stop attacking your units, and you can use that pause to wipe them out with the rest of your army. The other units that, even with AI micro, will have a bad time dodging your shots are Siege units, thanks to their slow movement speed. Never underestimate the power of a lone Mangonel crushing upcoming Rams to your otherwise well-protected Castle.

    What I want to say with this thread is: don't stop using a valuable unit or one of its commands against the AI just because it seems to have a quick answer against it. Most human low ELO players will take that shot full in the face, and you can even use the AI to train for the ladder.

    Have a nice weekend!

    submitted by /u/Azot-Spike
    [link] [comments]

    What has happened to the hot keys?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 08:52 AM PST

    I've taken a long break from AOE2 DE. But recently gotten back into it.

    What has happened to the hot keys? I swear it's changed. I used to be able to use Q and then Q to build a house, and also W and then Q to build a barracks. However now it seems that if Q is set to house, I can only ever build a house.

    submitted by /u/Heliawa
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a list of unlisted youtube replays from WWC 2022?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 02:10 PM PST

    I was able to find this unlisted video linked in a highlight video from Viper vs Lyx Round of 32

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qEhsXX7vwk&t=0s

    I really enjoy these complete Bo5 matches and I'm not usually able to watch live.

    Is there a way to watch more full matches like these? I'm sure there are many Bo5 from the round of 32 that I would love to watch.. but I can't seem to find them on youtube!

    Is there a way to get access if I missed the live stream?

    submitted by /u/spar_x
    [link] [comments]

    Terran1104

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 05:23 PM PST

    We played a game and wanted to re-match, I didn't fully understand how usernames work, DM me with the maps and/or civs and we'll figure out a re-match (not that it was close!)

    submitted by /u/NBAholes
    [link] [comments]

    Deep Waters Pro League Season 2

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 04:07 AM PST

    Deep Waters Pro League Season 2

    https://preview.redd.it/iyh9g1mu4fe81.jpg?width=860&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=31c5b802843741fe3e95d8ae65fec6a31be0e587

    We are back! The Deep Waters Pro League Season 2, is here with the best 16 players in the world. The current champion TaToH, Nicov, Dogao, ACCM, BacT, DauT, Bruh, Dragonstar, Miguel, Dark, Capoch and LaN from season one, and the addition of Daniel, Jordan and TheViper.
    The 16th player to join the league will be the champion of the qualifiers.

    The DW Pro League Season 2 is an Age of Empires II Definitive Edition played with the DW game mode 2.0
    Version 1.0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LguMln4jQU8
    Version 2.0 https://youtu.be/Hc3SNdwjpCU?
    This season we will have two stages, group stage and double-elimination playoff.
    The league is starting the week commencing 31st of January 2020.

    You can find more information about the tournament.

    Schedule​

    DW Pro League 2 qualifiers Playoffs:
    The quarterfinals are starting on the 24th of January.
    The semi-finals are on Saturday 29th of January, and the Final is on Sunday 30th of January.
    More:
    https://deepwatersgaming.com/dwl-league/dw-pro-league-2-open-qualifiers/
    DW Pro League2 Game 1:
    Week commencing on the 31st of January
    DW Pro League2 Game 2: 7th of February
    More:
    https://deepwatersgaming.com/events/s2game1/

    Settings:
    Group stage:
    Two groups of 8 players:
    Group A: ACCM, Daniel, Dark, DauT, Dogao, Jordan, TaToH, and the player from the qualifiers)
    Group B: BacT, bruh, Capoch, Dragonstar, LaN, Miguel, Nicov, and TheViper.
    One Game has three maps that are worth 1 point each.
    The first four will go through to the double-elimination stage.

    Deep Waters Gaming Channel will cast all games in Spanish on https://www.twitch.tv/deepwatersgaming, and all the participant's players will be casting and streaming on their channels so that you won't miss any action.

    We offer open streaming. If you're interested in streaming this event, make sure to contact us on discord https://discord.gg/f2CY44mjsH or by email events@deepwatersgaming.com.

    submitted by /u/DeepWatersGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Best “defence” oriented scenarios?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 10:44 AM PST

    Quick Play Matchmaking Bug

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 10:02 AM PST

    Quick Play Matchmaking Bug

    Has anybody encountered this bug? It's happened twice in a row now and I am afraid to queue up because it gives me a matchmaking ban after. The first ban was for a minute and the second was for 5 minutes.

    https://preview.redd.it/0jfulw1fxge81.png?width=640&format=png&auto=webp&s=31ade8f18c0f102c2328eaba9106b4c58d77dda0

    submitted by /u/ArabianBoar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment