• Breaking News

    Friday, February 25, 2022

    Age of Empires 3 Definitive China Overview

    Age of Empires 3 Definitive China Overview


    Definitive China Overview

    Posted: 25 Feb 2022 08:16 AM PST

    Shit like this makes me want to never play again. A whole hour of my life wasted. Worst part about it, we were 3v4 most of the game. We finally turned the tide and were about to win. To my teammates, I am so sorry this game sucks so bad. (Love the game, hate the crash)

    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 06:50 PM PST

    Haude and China QOL change

    Posted: 25 Feb 2022 10:04 AM PST

    Those 2 civ use cows to boom alot in treaty games, but their livestock buildings are very flawed compared to the European livestock pen.

    The livestock pen houses 10 animals nicely, and they are just about right in size, not too big not too small, when animals fully fatten they come out of the pen. When you play Brit with full cow cards, you can select 3-4 vils and right click on a full fattened cow, and leave them there for the rest of the game. You still have to select the livestock pens(just use a hotkey) and spawn cows manually but the vils will keep doing their work nonstop. I think you can even put 5 vils if you are diligent about spawning cows as Brit but usually I only put 4 cuz I don't want to stress myself out. I usually put 3-4 vils on 2 pens with cow and put 3 vils on 3 pens with sheep while using 2 hotkeys and it works nicely.

    The problem for China is, China has the village instead of livestock pen, and each village can only house 5 animals instead of the 10 for pens. China can build 20 cows and 30 sheep for 50 total animals, but village build limit is 6 so only 30 animals can be fattened. When I play China I put 3 vils on 4 villages fattening cows and 2 vils on 2 villages fattening sheep. And vils stop working quiet often for sheep cuz they cant fatten fast enough.

    Haude is even worse than China, the building to fatten animal is the Farm. Which you may think is nice, but the problem is the Farm is much larger compared to pens and villages, and vils don't walk over Farms, they walk around them. Letting AI auto gather from cows is very inefficient and vils very often stop working because they bump into stuff while walking around Farms.

    Easiest solution = Let China and Haude to build Livestock pen.

    Alternate solution = Make village able to house 10 animals starting in age3 for China. As for the Farm I have no idea how this can be fixed, maybe make the size of Farms smaller like same size as pens or villages?

    submitted by /u/CheeseB8ll
    [link] [comments]

    New preupdate??

    Posted: 25 Feb 2022 01:44 AM PST

    We know something??

    submitted by /u/dalvi5
    [link] [comments]

    How do I improve with Ottomans?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2022 02:36 AM PST

    Here's my story, a story containing many fails and epic battles that were mostly one sided for reasons you will probably consider dumb.

    I play Ottomans, my friend likes European factions, mostly the Dutch because of infinite coin, French due to very durable cavalry, Russians because he likes rushing me, portugese when he feels like playing with dragoons and cavalry like the french, Germany whenever he wants to spam Hussars and doppelsoldners, and finaly the English, the factions that equals his ego since he really likes spamming those Rocket Artillary and bowman while calling his foes inferior. He also sometimes plays Americans because cheap long ranged infanry who are VERY useful against infantry is the best strategy to kite with or to just spam gattling guns and always repel my rushes.

    He likes playing defensively, he is very used to playing games like stronghold wher eyou farm first and then attack later with an massed army.

    I play differently. You see, I play fast paced rts games. Command and conquer, warcraft 3, Dawn of war, action first, resource managment second, games like that appeal to me, which is why I'm really excited to one day play sc2 against him because I know I will mop the floor with him in the game (I will play Zerg).

    So, after a looong time of playing and loosing to him in the original aoe3 where I played to safely, I bought the Definitive Edition and the first thing i did was rush his ass with Ottomans. It worked several times, he hated me for it. The strategy was kind of simple, all I did was buy like 8 or ten granadiers, like 15 or 20 Janissaries, sometimes I even brough along 3 or 5 Abus guns just to have a durable anti infantry unit with me to take care of some more durable units.

    This tactic workes like 7 times, each time he rage quit. But lately he had adopted to my raids, I became predictable, he started changing factions because every other faction offers a different solution to dealing with my rushes that I always don't predict. He ussualy builds walls and crap like that, just to keep me away, sometimes that didn't work, sometimes it did.

    So, anyway, here's the problem. My janissaries are good, but suck against infantry and artillary. Abus guns are good, but their attack rate sucks and their attack range isn't all that great, my Hussars end up being durable meat shield with little effectivness other thatn draining my economy, my Granadiers are good, but they end up getting slaughtered by the likes of gattling guns with which he always camps at his home.

    Then there's the Russians. Whoever thought it was a good Idea to allow for Russians to build barracks which, by the way, can also attack and are AS DURABLE as normal barracks, knew that they were doing, and I hate them for that. He always does this, it always workes, what exactly? Well, he finds out where my homecity is, he builds barracks nearby, he then spams strelets and no matter what strategy i use, they ALWAYS raid me and I can do nothing but quit or sit there and watch and wonder where I went wrong?

    Strelets are pure BS, they do great damage to buildings since they come in such large numbers, they have 30% resistance to ranged damage, which is a pretty good amount if you consider that you are dealing with ranged units, bad if you relaise that outposts are useless no matter how many of them you build to protect yoursef. Using infantry is useless since they overwhelm them, using granadiers is useless since they take up so mutch space and, by the way, are not really all that cheap. Using hussars was useful, but wait untill you hear this one, by the time I got rid of his army, a new one came out of nowhere with MUSKETEERS and ripped that little resistance that I had left to pieces. Abus guns also aren't all that great, due to reasons that I mentioned above.

    So i said "Fine, I'll just destroy the barracks before they are build" and I scouted ahead around my base like a paranoid lunatic, looking for his barracks. Likea parasite infesting an area, I found him building 2 or 3 barrakcs. I used my villigers to destroy his barracks, but the other ones were built in time and I could do nothing. Call it a skill issue but he always finds a way to screw me over with this tactic, and the funny thing is even if I see it coming I can barely stop it, especially when you realise that he build them in god damn age 1.

    No ammount of "Anti rush deck" can help me, I always fail, and when I try the same with him, he fools me and usses gattling guns, I guess americans are really the greatest faction in the game, period, especially when you consider the fact that their millitia is mutch better than that of other factions.

    Also there's the late game. God, I hate it. No matter what, no matter the artillary, or the infantry, or the cavilary, bastard always come with a better army. He always invests in Mercs, and I ussualy don't use them because A: They use up a lot of space B: They cost a lot and C: I always relly on my factions units, not some experimental army that doesn't look all that useful. But he always uses them, and it works. No matter how many walls or outposts or god damn castles I build, bastard always uses a better army than me. Also I always camp my villigers at home and make them gather resources from mills and paddies, I drop the natural resources scavange in tier 3 because it only leaves my villigers vurnerable. But the bastard always ages up faster than me, all because he's playing farming simulator while his elite army just sits back and kills whatever I throw at them.

    I don't know man, maybe it's because I suck at the game, maybe it's because I am not used to farming simulator with epic battles, maybe I need a more resorceful pack, or maybe I should take more unit upgrade decks, either way, I am kind of tired or always getting screwed over for TRYING to play differently. I hate his smug "I never loose, I'm the king of this game, screw you bitch" personality which only demotivates me from continuing to play this game competitively. How do I get better as ottomans? Is the whole Janissery/Nizam Fusilier and Great Bombard strategy the only viable way to win or am I going to just have to look futher for ways to beat him. I like the game, but it's obvious that not every factions is equal to the other. I mean, Native American factions are straight up useless if you ask me, but maybe I am not well educated about that. So anyway, throw some criticism at me and tell me what you think

    TLDR: Friend is a dick who's using the most typical yet effective way to play the game and exploit his factions strength while I'm over here bitching about not know how to counter him as Ottomans.

    submitted by /u/Inevitable_Ad_325
    [link] [comments]

    An Emotional Game...

    Posted: 25 Feb 2022 05:28 AM PST

    What it feels like to attack with Lakota: A Warpath has been called

    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 05:39 AM PST

    How do you deal with explorer spam?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 11:25 PM PST

    Or any cancer hero spam

    Build spies?

    But what if your civ doesn't have access to spies?

    tbh being able to spam that shit for 200 coin is way too broken...

    submitted by /u/CheeseB8ll
    [link] [comments]

    Best Civ For new player?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 07:06 PM PST

    Im going to play with my friends, they got some experience way above me and im pretty new. Which faction would give me the highest "advantage" i know all the basics but thats pretty much it. Im no strategical genius nor do i know any tricks for the game. Help

    Also id appreciate any tips or tricks.

    Btw we're playing on the Original AOE3 not the AOE3 DE. We got all both dlcs

    submitted by /u/ItzYaBoiSatan
    [link] [comments]

    What it feels like making a China army composition

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 04:39 PM PST

    What‘s your take on the Ethiopians, Hausa, Mexicans, USA and Sweden now?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 10:18 AM PST

    It's been a while now that they are out, and I wonder how they blended in after all, since there are regularly updates and changes that will alter their reputations and strenghts again.

    How are they when it comes to mid-late games and when it comes to rush? Are any of them still OP? Since usually the newer nations were OP when they first came out. Old Youtube vids and forum posts aren't that reliable anymore due to all the updates.

    submitted by /u/ultracrax
    [link] [comments]

    Definitive Ottoman Civ Overview

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 04:38 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment