• Breaking News

    Monday, October 28, 2019

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:06 AM PDT

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I'm just gonna leave that here

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:21 AM PDT

    Gaia OP

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:45 PM PDT

    Wololo

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 04:26 PM PDT

    The opening cinematic from AoE 2, in Lego form

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 08:08 AM PDT

    Lack of content/hype around Age of empires 2 Definitive edition?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:28 AM PDT

    The game is coming out in like 2 weeks, but I haven't seen any type of hype anywhere honestly. Why haven't big Age of Empires based channels uploaded gameplay/early previews of the game already? Why aren't we seeing some kind of trailers for any of the new civs? Are there even any new mechanics/anything added to the game? Is the pathing fixed? Can we go over 500 population?

    I got lucky a friend reminded me, but I almost forgot this game is coming out in a few weeks, yet we have seen no kind of promotion or whatsoever. Or am I just somehow missing out on it all?

    submitted by /u/KrulTheRipper
    [link] [comments]

    What are some noob habits or thought processes you had for a long time that greatly hindered your play?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 08:35 PM PDT

    Mine was viewing trade carts as a long term investment with a greater ROI the earlier you made them. Although this is true, I never factored in opportunity cost (Resources used on trade carts can't be used for military / eco) so I would build them in feudal age.

    Seeing another post here about trade carts made me realize this is a common problem many players still have.

    More recently with the help of someone who watched a recording of mine I realized my focus on laming opponents and luring deer was detrimental to my scouting and build orders.

    submitted by /u/DxNetwork
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Nomad

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:44 AM PDT

    Anyone got any tips for Nomad? I just cant a find a way to win it. Often my economy is slower and I have trouble massing an army before my opponent does.

    submitted by /u/coolfeve
    [link] [comments]

    Some noob questions

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    I randomly picked up the AoE2 HD from steam last night with my friend, and we duked it out, and it was great fun. Last time I played AoE was a very long time ago, I almost forgot everything about the game, and I was just a kid back then anyways. Now, I have a lot more gaming experience, and RTS experience in particular. I'm master in Starcraft 2, and have some concept of macro and stuff.

    Now, my questions after just couple games:

    1) I picked Saracines because I remember their signature camel cavalry being good. Turned out to be pretty good. What other strong unit comps do Saracines have? I pretty much rushed castle and mameluks, and that was enough to win.

    2) Why do people only build one town hall? In other RTS, it's usually profitable to have several worker-producing structures to get ahead in economy.

    3) What's the best way to defend against early agression? I tried towers, but they suck.

    4) Does castle damage scale with number of units inside? Same for town hall.

    5) Why are mosques and monks so brutally expensive? Are they effective high tier units?

    6) How exactly do markets work? If it's 1 vs 1, is there even a point in making one? \

    7) What is a good base layout?

    8) What is optimal worker/army ratio? How many workers is optimal to have on the four resources? Is port with fishing boats efficient, or should I just spam farms?

    9) Do all upgrades apply retroactively? For example, if I have an old farm, and make farming upgrades, does it work, or I have to destroy and rebuild it?

    10) When I go scouting the enemy base, what should I look for? Worker count, tech, # of bases/expansions? What are the tells that I'm about to get my ass wooped?

    submitted by /u/Ozy-dead
    [link] [comments]

    SteamDB programmer: AoE staff once asked for help preventing future SteamDB leaks

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:58 PM PDT

    Favorite civ language/soundset

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:21 PM PDT

    What civ's language do you find the most appealing? When i watch someone like theviper play its fun to hear him micro a civ with a standout language like the celts

    submitted by /u/Ultra_Patriot
    [link] [comments]

    Can the community here give some precise information on why the AoC client performs a lot better than the HD one?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:31 AM PDT

    See: Title.

    I've been talking with a good friend of mine about why the Age of Empires II HD client can often feel like a kludgy mushy mess, but they're not convinced by me simply saying "Because it just is", and not happy with me explaining that the original HD devs made a mess of the codebase, and then the Forgotten Empires team were made to work from that codebase, rather than starting the HD project over again from the original AoC codebase.

    They wish for proof, and explanation, for why the HD client runs mushily, or feels like a mess.
    They claim to me that they can't see the difference, and that people are just whinging for the sake of it, but I know from my own personal experience that there is a big difference between the two clients.

    Would it be okay if I asked the community to help give some history, and some explanation, as to both what is wrong with the HD client, and why/how it ended up at the state that it is now?

    (Also, is the DE client being worked on from the AoC codebase, or from HD?)

    EDIT: They're also asking for sources, otherwise they'll reckon y'all are just parroting on what other people have said to you.
    I trust the guys here, but, well, my friend just wishes to be sure!

    submitted by /u/FlygonBreloom
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft and their spending.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:36 AM PDT

    Should'nt we be worried that microsoft has spent a fortune to bring shroud and ninja to mixer? Not to mention both of them went past their peak popularity just a few months prior to them being signed to mixer.

    Thats effectively 10 age4 worth development money down the drain.

    RIP.

    submitted by /u/yollydick2
    [link] [comments]

    I'd like to start today's daily trush rage thread

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    They suck.

    Don't bother offering help on how to counter them. We all know how to do it. They suck anyway.

    submitted by /u/hoyohoyo9
    [link] [comments]

    New to Voobly: Expansions?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:30 AM PDT

    Hey ya'll, I've been playing HD for some time and I just joined Voobly, and got wololo installed and everything.

    I'm just a little disappointed to find very few people seem to be using wololo/ expansions. Most of the games I've joined I can't even build palisade gates.

    Am I doing this wrong? I've been using the "beginners" lobby

    submitted by /u/JunctionTopper
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment