• Breaking News

    Friday, January 31, 2020

    Age of Empires II We need a timed pause on ranked, this red guy got salty because I turned the tide of a losing battle and countered him hard. He lost the game and didn’t want to resign so he wasted my time hiding and then just pausing the game instead of resigning.

    Age of Empires II We need a timed pause on ranked, this red guy got salty because I turned the tide of a losing battle and countered him hard. He lost the game and didn’t want to resign so he wasted my time hiding and then just pausing the game instead of resigning.


    We need a timed pause on ranked, this red guy got salty because I turned the tide of a losing battle and countered him hard. He lost the game and didn’t want to resign so he wasted my time hiding and then just pausing the game instead of resigning.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 04:56 AM PST

    The virgin WC3 Reforged vs The chad AoE2:DE

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 10:04 AM PST

    Is AOE2 DE underappreciated?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 08:57 PM PST

    I think the release of Warcraft 3 Reforged really put things into perspective. The only thing WC3 Reforged has supposedly improved is the graphics, but even that, the improvement is so insignificant that I can barely tell if there's any difference on Twitch. On the other hand, AOE2 DE graphics atcually look like what a remastered should be, on top of multiple quality of life features, new civs and campaigns, and a modern multiplayer matching making system. Last but not the least, AOE2 DE only costs $19.99 while WC3 Reforged costs $29.99. Is AOE2 DE underappreciated?

    submitted by /u/superogc
    [link] [comments]

    More terrible Paint 3D efforts coming your way

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 04:26 AM PST

    FEK

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 12:10 PM PST

    Most fun campaigns?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 04:39 AM PST

    Sooo there's literally so many campaigns these days! I don't even know where to start.

    Which is your favourite? Or the most fun at least?

    submitted by /u/themoobster
    [link] [comments]

    Designing a Russian Town | AoE2:DE Speed Design

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:28 AM PST

    Joan of Arc 6 is a joke

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 12:44 AM PST

    I'm playing this mission on hard. I'm the first to admit I'm not a particularly good player, only ever playing against the AI, but this mission is something else. From the start you are assailed by not one, not two, but three enemies, all of which are in imperial age, whilst you start out in castle age. The game lures you into attacking the Burgundian town but this is an obvious trap. You will soon have so many rams and trebuchets rammed up your hole you can't move. I employed an unorthodox strategy of ignoring Burgundy, who in turn are ignoring me, and settling on the eastern side of the river. Whilst this is definitely easier, Shrewsbury seems to have gone into overdrive. He's sending CONSTANT cavaliers at me, constantly disrupting my economy. I've walled off the rover fords, but his rams and trebuchets knock them down in seconds. There's only so long I can hold off imperial age aggression with castle age pikes and horseman.

    I expect a challenge when I play on hard, but this is crazy. It reminds me of the final Sundjata mission on release. Are there any tips for this mission?

    submitted by /u/DerHerrBear
    [link] [comments]

    Should I download the HD graphics pack if I intend on playing at 1080p?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:13 AM PST

    My monitor only displays up to 1080p and I doubt my gtx1060 will be able to render 1440p anyways.

    Is there a significant difference between vanilla and the HD graphics pack at 1080p when it comes to both graphics and performance?

    submitted by /u/Guy_Fieri__2024
    [link] [comments]

    Art of war

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 04:46 AM PST

    Is aiming to get gold medals in the art of war challenges a good preparation before getting into multiplayer?

    submitted by /u/Geli2472
    [link] [comments]

    When Streamers match with Chinese players

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 08:25 AM PST

    Best 8 player FFA civ?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:36 AM PST

    8 player FFA games interest me the most as that is what i played back in 2000 (actually 4 or 5 FFA). I just bought the game and am getting used to it again. I want to start playing online and want to join in 8 player FFA games, but I'd like to know which races are the best for it. Most importantly why you guys think so.

    submitted by /u/mezcao
    [link] [comments]

    First Victory High!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 04:37 PM PST

    I just wanted to share this with the community, as I thought some of you veterans might get a kick out of it.

    I just now, after playing exclusively AI matches for the past 20 damn years on this silly game, worked up the courage to queue for a ranked multiplayer match. My hands were shaking, my palms were sweaty (mom's spaghetti), but I did it. After a tough Goths mirror match on Steppe, I claimed my first victory! What an absolutely overwhelmingly incredible high.

    Just wanted to shout out the AoE2 community for being awesome and finally getting me to try out a side of the game I had always admired, but never had the stones to take part in. Cheers, lads and lasses.

    submitted by /u/Lurid21
    [link] [comments]

    Forced Mutual Random Civ on Ranked Games

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 08:43 PM PST

    The closer I get to #200/#100 games have begun to become more and more uninspired, repetitive and dull.
    80% of my Steppe games are against Mongols, same about Gold Rush and Mayans, and of course other maps with their own superior civ.
    Where are all those fascinating random interactions Organ guns vs Arambaii, Koreans tower rush, Byz trash spam, Turks deathball....

    I signed for the endless amount of unique dynamics that can be created by 35 civs, all I get are the same games, deja vu, whether I lose or win, I find myself so bored.

    I think there should be an alternative of any sort.

    submitted by /u/SHAWNSHAWNAOE
    [link] [comments]

    Ranked 1100 1v1 RM

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Is there a way to automatically assign newly-created units to control groups?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 02:51 AM PST

    As an AoE2 dilettante, this is something that I miss immensely.

    For example, I'd like all newly-created archers to go into group 2, so I do not have to manually add them.

    In any given game, one of the most frustrating things I have to do is to periodically select a group, shit-select some newly-created units (hopefully they have not dispersed yet due to their default aggressive stance!), then control-rebind the new group, and set their stance to defensive. It feels like a big overhead and waste of time.

    Does everyone else have this problem, or do they manage groups differently?

    submitted by /u/king_ju
    [link] [comments]

    Large WOW streamer calls viper a god.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 01:47 PM PST

    Is there an attack move button in DE?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 11:18 PM PST

    I've been managing with patrol but I know HD had an attack move button. While I think it was slightly worse than patrol at finding targets, I think there are times I'd rather have attack move. Eg. I want to kill 5 archers and 5 spears with skirms w/o watching them but I don't want to misclick and accidentally run my skirms under his archers.

    edit: I guess attack move in HD couldn't target units anyways.

    And I like a lot of the top comments. WC3 reforged sucks ass. Get a refund if you bought it. DE is way better.

    submitted by /u/GetADogLittleLongie
    [link] [comments]

    Possible idea for a new mod

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 12:23 AM PST

    I really enjoy watching the t90 low elo legend series, due to the tips he gives during the game and the mistakes he points out, as some of them i am also doing.

    A point that is often made is that the low elo players, including myself, do not refresh their lumber camps. Maybe it would be good idea for a new mod that would visually remind you of building a new efficient lumber camp

    submitted by /u/marty7778
    [link] [comments]

    Choose my first online game Civ

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 10:02 PM PST

    Just downloading the AoE 2 DE right now like many people I only played against AI back in the day but after I started watching T90 and Spirit of the Law I got hyped bought the game and I'm just gonna dive in with multiplayer.

    submitted by /u/Grochen
    [link] [comments]

    Noob-ish question: What are those small numbers beside my (blue) Cavaliers? They are between a castle and a town center

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 07:30 PM PST

    Editor Question - How to make an area unbuildable?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 12:03 AM PST

    As per the title, is it at all possible to prohibit players from building on a certain area of your map?

    If so, how?

    submitted by /u/scrappyjhim
    [link] [comments]

    Match Making: Suugestion: Let there be an accept Button.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 12:21 AM PST

    If anybody here plays csgo, you know how that game has an accept button. it isa real good thing.

    Say you decided to que, and for somereason, when the match poped up, you had to go away.

    Right now as it stands, you can't cancel the match after its found. you have to play it or loose rank points.

    submitted by /u/yollydick2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment