• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 9, 2020

    Age of Empires 3 Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Update 9476

    Age of Empires 3 Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Update 9476


    Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Update 9476

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:16 AM PST

    See you next year!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:49 PM PST

    Don't think Torps work like that...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:57 PM PST

    "Not a spoon, not a fork but something in between" " A FPOON "

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:52 AM PST

    What's a good support civ?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:46 PM PST

    What's a civ that excels at supporting their allies in team games?

    submitted by /u/IceCreeper9O9
    [link] [comments]

    Last update

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:20 PM PST

    So I use the Chinese, which are known to be buggy. In the last update they fixed the castle upgrade bug, which was good. But I just got out if a 40 min treaty game where I actually aged backwards once one of my wonders were destroyed. It was from age 5 to age 4, and the wonder I last aged up with was still standing when it happened.

    Has this happened to anyone else at all? It seems ridiculous lol

    submitted by /u/Trevor1246_1
    [link] [comments]

    My thoughts on the new update!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 04:09 PM PST

    Say hello to a new Aztec musketeer-type unit: the Eagle Scout! Here's all the nitty-gritty info I can find

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:21 PM PST

    Just bought it.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 04:07 PM PST

    Played aoe 3 as a kid for hours on my shitty computer. Lost touch with gaming, now trying to retry it with aoe 3 definite edition because of holidays, I don't think many people are playing online the definitive edition. I couldn't find any custom scenarios any thought's about that, used to love the one where fighting units used to spawn automatically in 8 players and then leveling up the units as we recieved more points. What do you think guys will these scenarios come to definitive edition? Or are they lost in sweet history... Anyway message me if you want friends to play with..

    submitted by /u/kabirsethi70
    [link] [comments]

    Why are people so upset over the changes to the native civs?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:46 AM PST

    I noticed that most of the negative reviews are related to the changing of the Iroquois to Haudenosaunee and Sioux to Lakota and the associated changes to a few buildings and units. What I don't understand is why this made everyone so upset; I've been on aoeiii since 2006, and I welcome the changes. The only issue I've found with the redone native civs is the fact that the voices are so quiet that I can hardly hear them. Otherwise, I think it's a great idea to introduce more historically accurate features to the native civs. On this note, I think the Aztecs need a LOT of work, especially with their language (they speak gibberish, I think lol). "b-but muh dancing around duh fire and one voice actor for every tribe!!"

    Side note: the asian and euro civs need work too, so inb4 "but whut about duh asian civs?"

    submitted by /u/AKFCDOUBLEDOWN
    [link] [comments]

    Why change the Civ name to Lakota. rather than something else?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 06:27 AM PST

    EDIT: Watching a documentary. The 'Oyate' (People), might be a better alternative, with Oceti Sakowin more of a Government Name (I.E: 'American' vs 'United States')

    Big fan of the Lakota since The Warchiefs came out (My Hero's name is 'Chief Raining Men')

    I understand the name-change after learning the etymology--as far as the Ojibwe are concerned, naming a Nation 'The Sioux' is like naming a Nation 'The Dickheads'.

    Course, my question now is: why'd they go with 'Lakota'? That's only one of the tribes in the Seven Fires Council (Oceti Sakowin).

    Why didn't they go with the formal umbrella term (or Oceti for short)? Naming them all 'Lakota' would be like renaming the Haudenosaunee 'Mohawk'.

    I might consider an argument of pronunciation difficulty, but I can remember 'Oceti' far better than 'Haudenosaunee'.

    So what's the big deal? If the game's gonna teach me all this correct terminology, why half-ass it? Is there something I'm missing? Does Oceti Sakowin not fit some other reason?

    P.S: This plays in my head every time my Warchief saves the day.

    submitted by /u/Dylan_Gubler
    [link] [comments]

    Age 3 de STRESS TEST. 8 players. Game seems to struggle with large number of players. Villies working perfectly. Build 9476.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:48 AM PST

    Home City customization for non european civs in DE

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:15 PM PST

    Sorry if this was already questioned, but why wasnt there made available the possibility of customizing your HC as asian/native civs? They included this feature for swedes, wonder why not do it for all civs.

    submitted by /u/masondinho
    [link] [comments]

    Unit Special Abilities in DE

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:25 PM PST

    I noticed that caroleans have a special ability. Do any other units have one? I haven't had time to play all civ's yet in the DE.

    submitted by /u/TheRozb
    [link] [comments]

    AOE3:DE - Saving Multiplayer Games

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 12:43 AM PST

    Is there a way to save multiplayer games AND restore them to play with your friends like in AOE2:DE? I know you can save the game but I don't know where I can restore it as a multiplayer game. I would love this feature because half a second of connection issues is apparently enough for AOE3 to disconnect you entirely.

    THANKS

    submitted by /u/Pisko_
    [link] [comments]

    Are the Kancha Houses buffed?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 02:29 PM PST

    Are the Kancha Houses buffed?

    Hi All,

    I'm still a little unsure if the Kancha house changes have given the Inca a net buff. Please have a look at my basic spreasheet attached which shows that the new change has increased the overall food collection rate of the Kancha Houses.

    Let me know your thoughts :)

    Cheers

    ~Widgie

    https://preview.redd.it/dhibtdczh1461.png?width=234&format=png&auto=webp&s=e0c14071c89936edb9f1e475369ff5e76d962f4b

    submitted by /u/ffitch
    [link] [comments]

    What's the consensus on pikemen and grenadiers?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 04:24 PM PST

    I've heard mixed things about both of them, but what're your guys' thoughts and feelings on these two units?

    submitted by /u/IceCreeper9O9
    [link] [comments]

    Inaugural Event Rewards - *Only one can be unlocked each day*

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 12:21 PM PST

    Inca do not support 200 pop after 13 kancha house + 1 Town center?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 02:44 PM PST

    After today's patch, I played Inca for the first time for the new challenge. I built all 13 but pop still says 171. Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/vindiansmiles
    [link] [comments]

    Can I run this game well on my PC? Is it worth getting into over aoe2?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 12:46 PM PST

    New aoe player here, I played aoe3 back in the day but never really got passed the tutorial much because I pirated the game and multiplayer didn't work. It also ran like hot garbage albeit in its pirated state.

    Fast forward to today, AOE3:DE is on game pass. I have a low end gaming rig and I'm wondering if I should bother playing given I heard the game has performance issues.

    Specs: GTX 1080, Ryzen 3600, 16gb ram.

    Also, is the game playable and fun in its current state, I heard it has some bugs in the latest update.

    Thanks m8!

    submitted by /u/testerthrowaway94
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get factories to also generate XP, if possible???

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:29 PM PST

    In the protoy file for AoE III: Asian Dynasties, I've been messing with the HTML for a few months, but for whatever reason, I can't get factories to also produce experience points with their usual food/wood/coin/heavy artillery generation. I've tried 3 different ways, and none of them worked.

    BONUS: I'd also like to have Learicorns be built in Age 5 in the stable of any empire, if that's possible, too!

    submitted by /u/MatthewMcLain
    [link] [comments]

    Age 3 de STRESS TEST. 1 V 1. Game works well. No crashes, villager gather rate on point, chat system still delayed, game responsiveness could be improved. Build 9476.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:51 AM PST

    When shouldnt I go water booming?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:46 AM PST

    I'm new to multiplayer games in DE (played a lot on legacy, but only singleplayer) and learning about the strategies, my two favourite civs are portuguese and russians and I have decks with fishing boats upgrades for both of them. I really like water booming and I try to go for it on every water map. Considering maps, opponent civ or any other reason, when water booming is not recommended?

    submitted by /u/contrasenha
    [link] [comments]

    How to make mods work in AOE 3:DE

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:24 PM PST

    Been trying to experiment with no pop mods with some buddies over multiplayer but whatever mods we subscribe to appear to not be working in game - despite the disclaimer at the top of each lobby saying "only players with x mods can play this match" Im unsure if im missing a step in the download process - im honestly a little supervised I cant find anyone talking about this online - most searches bring up ancient videos from back when AOE 3 first came out which I imagine dont work for AOE 3 Definitive edition. Any suggestions or tutorials on how to get mods working would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/redditsupportsucks1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment