• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 8, 2020

    Age of Empires II Age of Advent, Week 1 Recap & Week 2 Announcement

    Age of Empires II Age of Advent, Week 1 Recap & Week 2 Announcement


    Age of Advent, Week 1 Recap & Week 2 Announcement

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 05:31 PM PST

    Hello all!

    We're already a whole week into December (or at least in Japan we are), which means the first week of Age of Advent has already wrapped up!*

    Age of Advent is an advent calendar with randomized civilization/strategy pairings for you to try out. A new pairing opens every day, just like an actual advent calendar. The link is below if you want to try these out yourself!

    https://calendar.myadvent.net/?id=6615a158168bbccce57d8fe9cf43b006

    Admittedly, week 1 saw some pretty typical plays (except Day 6), but here's a recap:

    Day 1: Teutons, Smush

    Day 2: Portuguese, clothed drush FC (this led to a 4v4 on Arena with 12 Portuguese Militia attacking a gate at 10 minutes in...)

    Day 3: Japanese, no Stable units

    Day 4: Byzantines, archer line only (I got douched by a Celts player when I did this one and somehow managed to win despite disastrously losing my starting TC)

    Day 5: Britons, 5 TC boom before clicking up to Imperial Age

    Day 6: Huns, Fish Traps are the only source of food income after Dark Age

    Day 7: Mayans, no Siege Workshop units allowed

    Again, if you have any particularly interesting/funny/well-played games that you would like to have cast live, please feel free to message me directly and I don't mind doing so on my Twitch channel or for a YouTube upload.

    Furthermore, now that there are 7 days and 7 different strategies, I definitely recommend trying these out with your friends in a team game! It probably won't be an ideal composition, but man is it fun.

    Week 2 is where the fun begins for some of the more unusual civ/strat pairings, so bookmark the calendar and try to check it every day. I haven't attempted Days 5, 6, or 7 yet, so I'll probably give it a go this evening.

    Glhf, everyone!

    *This was an unintentional Christmas pun.

    submitted by /u/FJanissary
    [link] [comments]

    I was working upstairs and wanted to ask wifey if lunch was ready, so:

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 02:49 AM PST

    Worried about fellow AoE Twitch User

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 05:01 PM PST

    Hey guys, I watched a stream of the viper today and a user named asdf23211 said near the end: "Farewell aoe community, you were the one thing that kept me going. I'm grateful for everything". I'm worried that he might do something to himself, is there anyone who knows him or can help him?

    submitted by /u/Feyndhammer
    [link] [comments]

    Reconstruction of medieval Ani, capital of Armenia

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 06:50 AM PST

    Mandatum?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:35 AM PST

    Best shoulder to cry when you get scout rushed!

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:36 PM PST

    SIEGE RAM Handmade by Manolink �� Insta�� Age_of_Manolink Face��Age Of Manolink

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:07 AM PST

    AOE2 always "triggers" my history interest… Now with the steppe people

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 06:59 AM PST

    I'm 30 now, product manager in a software company… But in this covid19 situation I'm WFH and started to spare some time back in AOE2. All these steppe civs added triggered my interest to learn more about it all. I know it is common, a lot of people here just love history as I do.

    But I want to share a video that I found in this research: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-fLLLRfzU4 (The Barbarian Empires of the Steppes). I thin the "barbarian" word in the title is just provocative with the idea of empires.

    The video has only the beginning of the whole documentary. It starts with a overview of it all, and the second part (also in the video).

    It is very interesting to see how much the steppe people "molded" the Europe and Asia. The "civilized" world

    ps: I don't now if it's legal, I'm Ok if this post is deleted in case of something wrong.

    submitted by /u/rggarou
    [link] [comments]

    We can finally have a Battle of Hoth scenario on Age of Empires 2

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:09 AM PST

    How to get your villagers from inside a TC to go hunt a deer when they get out?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:52 AM PST

    Sorry, I don't know how to phrase this correctly. Let me explain. I see a lot of experts lurring a deer and then put villagers inside the TC, click on the deer, then the vils get out and automatically hunt the deer.

    Is there a hotkey for that? I thought clicking on the deer was just a simple waypoint, but when I right-click on the deer (while the vils are inside the TC) the TC will starts to shoot the deer which is not what I want.

    I'm not sure if I make my question clear... I guess I'll leave it like that for now. See if people understand.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MileEx
    [link] [comments]

    Wouldn't have thought I (red) could still win this

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:45 AM PST

    Strategies to beat a higher rated player?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:51 AM PST

    I (1100 ELO) am facing a 1400 ELO player in a tournament. I know I will lose 99% but I want to try my best and was wondering what the best strategies are to beat someone with that much of a ELO difference. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SooUnlucky
    [link] [comments]

    What is the Real Life Equivalent Of Being Castle Dropped?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 02:11 PM PST

    Editing in Definitive Edition

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 03:44 AM PST

    Beware of „noob“ lobbies hosted by these guys

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:28 AM PST

    Can anyone who reads Chinese tell me what I'm supposed to do in this custom campaign?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:47 PM PST

    Favourite Arabia 1v1 Strategies

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 02:12 AM PST

    What are your favourite 1v1 Arabia strategies and why? I usually Frush in some way (scout or archer depending on civ).

    submitted by /u/hayzelnut666
    [link] [comments]

    Sneaky Walls to prevent Enemy trading

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:59 AM PST

    Countering Franks castle drops and knights...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:09 AM PST

    I tried everything, raming down the castle,map control,counter castle,everything with halbs,halbs + knights,Krepost....

    Sure there are daut castle sometimes but he sends like 10 more vills and bam!

    Nothing works man

    I lose 60% of my games to this...

    I generally play Bulgarians as my main civ (cause its balanced and not op...)

    submitted by /u/Just-a-CoolDude
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for a novice AoE2 player who is struggling and somewhat slow?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 11:14 PM PST

    Admittedly, I've not attempted ranked play yet due to being nervous as heck about it. and I have a bad habit of hopping into team games online in the hopes that I have a team that's willing to at least support. Though admittedly one problem I have often (Teammates aside, which is beyond the scope of this post.) is that when it comes time to fight, I start struggling to keep up. Bonus if my attention gets split by something, such as me trying to stop someone from laming my boar or stealing my sheep.

    This is kinda what I've noticed so far in my games, both against the AI and in team games.

    • My early game is ok-ish. I can keep the TC occupied and functional most of the time up to a desired 21 villager build order. However, when it comes time to advance to the Feudal Age, I keep encountering a shortage of food, and while I either attempt to save up the food or keep making villagers to maintain my eco, the AI or other players have already advanced. Often in team games, I'm the last one to advance, unless there is a particularly clueless player in the game.
    • I am admittedly in the trap of being defensive. This has saved me a few times from the early rush, as half the time, very shortly after I build all the walls to block off the path to my base, I very shortly after see a few scouts or archers or militias charging at the wall and being forced to turn back because they no longer can access my base easily, and they instead start adding to the wall. I also have started taking a few seconds to double-check to be sure there are no holes in the walls and use houses to act as walls. Though this occasionally leads to a teammate trying to charge through only to see I walled the place up, and his army idles.
    • I... am awful at setting up a military. Partially I suspect due to my economic skill. While I can keep up having villager production decently, often I end up so starved for resources that I struggle to field an army. And then someone comes along and breaks the walls down with a far larger army them I am able to amass, even with sufficient buildings for accelerated production of the military.
    • I have a nasty habit of absentmindedly putting around 30 on wood and food, then 3 on gold and stone. Before, I used to be even worse with 30+ on wood and only 13 on food with nobody on stone or gold up until I try to age up to the Feudal Age and get hit by the gold cost and end up using the Market as a crutch by selling wood. I have gotten better, but I feel this could be better. This might be related to a bad build order.
    • I often default to booming in team games... a bit too often. Most of the time, I get teammates who refuse to talk at all, but when one does show up, there is a minor chance I may get accused of playing like Sim City. I also try to rely on markets in such games. Though often I encounter teammates who neglect to build a market until I either ask or they attempt to advance and get blocked by the requirement for one.

    If anybody has some constructive advice for me, that'd be fantastic. I have looked online at other tips, but unfortunately, they all say the same thing about the early game, and I keep failing to find anything further than that.

    submitted by /u/Yukimare
    [link] [comments]

    Age of empires II: Age of kings multiplayer

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:17 AM PST

    Does anyone want to play with me, The IP is: 192.168.2.117

    submitted by /u/SteinArePlayz
    [link] [comments]

    Old graphics mod for DE?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:57 PM PST

    I miss the old graphics, any chance that someone has made a mod that reskins all the units with their old sprites? I think its the same engine so im hopeful.

    submitted by /u/CommandanteZavala
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment