• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 9, 2021

    Age of Empires II Come 'ere boah!

    Age of Empires II Come 'ere boah!


    Come 'ere boah!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 04:38 AM PST

    A soul for a soul

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 11:41 AM PST

    Who here was alive in PEAK cereal times?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:17 AM PST

    Inspired by an image I saw on another subreddit

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 07:49 PM PST

    Team game etiquette

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:20 AM PST

    Hi, I play a lot of unranked team games. This is not a post about the disparity in skill: if I felt balanced teams were essential I would play ranked. This is about what I feel is basic etiquette/decency towards your teammates, and should apply at all skill levels. Here is my list of considerations, feel free to comment and add your own:

    - Please don't suddenly resign. I get it if you signaled for help ages ago and your team never helped, but it happens to me a lot to have a weaker (in terms of skill) teammate never signal for help, and resign the second they see a few enemy units or castle coming up. On the games I play, e.g. Nomad, you can rebuild, especially if you have stronger players defending. Don't waste 15+m of my life because rebuilding is more frustrating to do than start a new game.

    - Signal for help/Send help to others. Again, I get that there are large differences in skill. If you need help, send a signal so we know where to look. If you get a signal for help, often it could be a critical moment, don't think: "well I'm almost at castle, I'll send an army when I hit imperial and get paladins"... Often a bit of support can potentially save a player and the game.

    - Talk to your teammates: ask for resources, discuss resigning when the game is clearly over, setting up trade.

    - (related) Listen to advice. If a player clearly knows what they are doing, listen to their advice. This could be army composition: "paladins are nice but we are facing a lot of camels, spam something else", or general tips: "try to do a 3 TC boom, you only have 1TC. I can send res if needed". In a game like age you will always meet people a lot stronger than you. I won quite a few games by mostly doing what my stronger ally needed me to do.

    submitted by /u/OverwhelmingMoose
    [link] [comments]

    Recreation of Lord of the Rings in Age of Empires II

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:08 AM PST

    Fresh replays out of sync

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:25 AM PST

    Fresh replays out of sync

    I was trying to watch some replays of games I had just finished playing and I keep getting this error message on almost all of them. It's obviously impossible to be a different version issue since it happens on games I JUST played. I also tried verifying game data and disabling all mods, to no avail. Anyone else getting this? Any way to fix it?

    https://preview.redd.it/poudays7ahg61.jpg?width=677&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=3c3484f4344aa640ffeeadecc0d8faac039e81e9

    submitted by /u/dasfdsgfrwe
    [link] [comments]

    Me: Let me try playing a custom game surely online isn’t that hard...

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 11:59 AM PST

    Me playing campaigns at standard difficulty

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 08:07 PM PST

    Boar luring the villager... I believe my rage quit is justified...

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 10:32 PM PST

    Weekly Challenge Has Reset? I had already unlocked up 5/6 before (See I have icon top right)

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 02:57 AM PST

    What are some things you've done to improve your ELO

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 06:35 AM PST

    I have around 750-800 ELO and working on getting to 1000. I have around 100 games played at this point, however, it seems that my game skills improve only marginally every game.

    The wake up call came when I played with someone that had the same ELO as me, but twice the number of games played. Doesn't seem like just playing more ranked games is going to get me there anytime soon.

    Are there other things I can I try to improve my ELO?

    submitted by /u/alejandro_23455
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to view progress towards the player icons? If not, then devs would it be possible to add that?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:54 AM PST

    For example, each civ gets a portrait for 100 wins. I know these wins can come from single and multiplayer, but there is no way to see your wins with a given civ in single player. Is there any way to view that? If not, devs would it be possible to add progress towards the icons in a future update? The game must track your progress anyways, so I'd think it'd be as simple as making that progress visible when you hover over the icon.

    submitted by /u/Van1287
    [link] [comments]

    How badly did we lose? Well...

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:37 PM PST

    Every single time

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:46 AM PST

    I want to pick the game back up. This is probably a dumb question, but any answers are appreciated.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:37 AM PST

    I haven't played in over a year, I think it's safe to assume that I will be complete trash compared to where I left off. My question is, what is the best way to lose elo online so that I am playing evenly matched games asap? I'm assuming the answer is keep playing and keep getting stomped til you find your new elo, but I wasn't sure if there was a quicker way to go about this. I also wasn't sure if I can just resign at the beginning or if it will even decrease my elo if I gg too quick. I'd also rather keep my +50% win rate but i realllllly feel like there is no way around this stat taking a big hit as I settle into my new elo. Thanks for any tips

    submitted by /u/cool_guy90
    [link] [comments]

    What's the point of the deer on Valley?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 02:29 AM PST

    There are SO many of them but they're so exposed they'd be hard to mill and they're so far away I couldn't imagine pushing many of them. Do you TC towards the middle and just appreciate the free deer or do you go after them specifically?

    submitted by /u/Frau_Away
    [link] [comments]

    Made an animation of the most successful players over the last 20 years:)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 12:16 PM PST

    Campaign Progress not saving on new DLC?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 09:03 AM PST

    Pretty much the title. Played through the first couple missions of Edward Longshanks and every time I close the game it resets all my progress. Anybody else having this issue, and if so, how do I fix it?

    submitted by /u/Motdlo
    [link] [comments]

    Hello guys, so I made a build order getting value out of Burgundians free Paladin Power Spike upon reaching Imperial Age. I called it the Burgundians Drush into Fast Imp Paladins Build Order. Please give feedback.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:59 AM PST

    To my fellow stat nerds, AOE Nexus now correctly records your civs again

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 08:53 PM PST

    Might sound like a dumb tidbit of info but stat nerds like me held off on playing ranked out of fear of messing up our stats. NOW WE CAN PLAY AGAIN, so felt like letting it be known.

    submitted by /u/AFlyingNun
    [link] [comments]

    tech tree bug, pls help

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:38 AM PST

    Can anyone help with this super annoying tech tree bug, seriously we all know units hp r not in the 700s

    submitted by /u/paladinyst
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment