• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 20, 2021

    Age of Empires II Did you know Sicilian Castles produce 4 units at a time and can hold up to 40 units?

    Age of Empires II Did you know Sicilian Castles produce 4 units at a time and can hold up to 40 units?


    Did you know Sicilian Castles produce 4 units at a time and can hold up to 40 units?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 01:34 AM PST

    As a beginner, I think I tunnel vision on booming

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 01:25 PM PST

    I think most of us can relate

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 05:53 AM PST

    Not like this

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 06:19 AM PST

    You may not like it, but this is what peak efficiency looks like.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 06:03 AM PST

    The old transport ship trick

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 08:39 AM PST

    teleporting villager during Hoang vs Running

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 04:39 AM PST

    Finished all campaigns/historical battles on hard and got all achievements. I am cursed.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 10:41 AM PST

    Are the Burgundians actually quite bad? As a noob they look super fun and super powerful.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 01:26 AM PST

    Here's my line of thinking: * You turn all your food into gold using your unique tech in the Imperial Age. You now have a load of gold and wood for the next step. * You start mass producing Seige Weapons and Knights/Cavaliers from many sources while doing the next step. * You start your research into Flemish Revolution. * Once that's done you just push everything at your opponent and hopefully overwhelm him and win.

    What are they going to do against that?

    submitted by /u/ChristTheCommie
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to eat multiple rotting animals?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 06:18 AM PST

    If sheep, deer, and boar rot at the same rates (?), then I think it is most efficient in terms of total food gathered to finish off the carcass with least food first, minimizing the amount of time that two are rotting. An example of this would be to eat the remaining sheep (or deer if you pushed early) with as many villagers as possible before moving to the boar you just lured. This of course is not the best in terms of gather rate, since hunting is faster, and lots of vills on sheep have more bumping issues.

    submitted by /u/lmscar12
    [link] [comments]

    When a house wall just doesn't cut it, try a mill wall instead!

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 12:03 PM PST

    Acropolis bug?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 08:01 AM PST

    I've played two games now on Acropolis that were totally buggy. The basic issue is that the acropolis/hill for each player is 100% enclosed in trees, and there is an uneven distribution of resources inside of each area that is enclosed.

    The first time I played I have gold and stone and apparently no other players did. I basically built to imperial, used siege onagers to get myself out, sent them around the map, and made trails in and wiped out the AI players we were playing against who were stuck in feudal. Tried it again and I was the only one who could get out and did something similar.

    submitted by /u/pontymython27
    [link] [comments]

    Played Mulitplayer for the first time with DE

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 05:02 PM PST

    I'm kind of an old guy that grew up playing single player from 1999 on xp. I have to say to went better than I expected, I played 2 games, lost 1 and won 1.

    I have a lot to improve on. But was able to match up with a lobby of folks that were around my ability.

    It was the most fun I've had on the game in a while.

    submitted by /u/jmarnett11
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for people to play aoe2 DE with

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 07:43 AM PST

    Are there any discord channels or groups elsewhere for people to play aoe2 DE with each other? Interested in joining but don't know of any. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/blurrynightsky
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone else had this bug?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 01:31 AM PST

    So i started replaying all the campaigns because i would like to compelte them on the hard diccifulty, and what i noticed in a lot of maps is that even tho i destroy walls/gates, for some reason my units just don't want to go through, and not just mines but also my allies units, i'll either have to macro them next to the destroyed wall and them make them go through, did anyone else had this and is there a fix to that?

    submitted by /u/VLeoka
    [link] [comments]

    Age of Empires is hiring

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 09:28 AM PST

    I wish they let you make Flemish Militia without researching Revolution.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 12:38 AM PST

    I play 500 pop BF games so it gets really hard to remake your economy afterwards. But I love the unit so it feels bad not using it as Burgundians.

    btw what is the gameplan for Burgundians on Black Forest?

    submitted by /u/187da69wit420
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to check number of wins with a certain civ?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 07:45 AM PST

    I want to get the profile avatar for winning 100 games with slavs but no idea how many I've already won. Is there an easy way to find this info out? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

    submitted by /u/Lorddale04
    [link] [comments]

    incas pt. 2: a longer story

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 04:22 PM PST

    How to nomad?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 07:14 AM PST

    I've been playing AoE2 for the past 4-5 months now, mostly on weekends. So my knowledge in this game is pretty less. I've played one ranked game and was rated 1020 for the context. But I'm not much into ranked or the competitive scene. I am a casual and I love nomad.

    Since none of my friends play AoE I go to lobbies. I create a room or if there's one I join. But somehow I don't seem to be able to win a single nomad game. And I don't wall and turtle in either, team or otherwise. I prefer rushing as I'm not much of a fan of late game.

    Even if I don't rush the enemy I find myself double teamed or castle dropped or completely outnumbered by enemies. One I can hold off but as my luck has it, I always run into two or more enemies. What am I doing wrong here? Haha.

    I would like to know if any of you guys follow any specific build orders or things you do in early game that I might be missing out.

    Thank you for the support in advance and feck steppe lancers in particular.

    nerfbritons

    submitted by /u/naveenonpaper
    [link] [comments]

    why visual event mods can't be seen by everyone ?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 06:13 AM PST

    hi

    I was wondering , when you win a visual mod with a event , like flowers in your town center for exemple

    why you are the only one who can see it in multi ??

    what is the utility of having those stuff if you can't show them to your friend ? that make no sense

    I really don't understand , the goal of such visual mod is to show them to others when you play with them , not to be the only one to see them ...

    so either it's a really bad decision from the devs and I hope they will do something about it
    or either this is just no possible with the game engine to display the visual mod to all player while keeping it only for the player who unlocked it

    submitted by /u/Nayko93
    [link] [comments]

    How to ban auto-installed mods you don't want

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 02:07 PM PST

    Has the latest event auto-installed an explosion sound or something else you don't want? Keep trying to untick it but it comes back?

    The idea here is not mine but I've adapted it so you can still install and uninstall and update mods you do want just like before - you can just perma-ban ones you don't want, like the explosion sound. This will not stop new mods you've never had before from auto-installing if you complete their achievement, but you can then go and ban them too.

    It's slightly easier than a dark age build order to follow:

    1. On the main screen, click the cogwheel icon then "mods" in the menu.
    2. Click the mod you'd like to ban, then "open directory". This opens an Explorer window.
    3. Quit AoE2 DE.
    4. In the explorer window that just opened, delete all the files.
    5. Go one folder up - either with the hotkey ALT+UP, or the little up arrow above where the files are. You should now be in a folder called "subscribed" and there should be a folder named after every mod you (or someone else) installed.
    6. Right-click the folder for the mod you just deleted, and choose "properties". Go to the "security" tab.
    7. Press "advanced", then "disable inheritance". In the window that pops up, select "Convert inherited permissions ...". Make a wololo sound if you want.
    8. Click on the entry with your user name in the box and "edit".
    9. Remove the "write" tick. This will automatically also remove "full control" and "modify".
    10. Click "ok" until all windows are closed and you are back in the folder.
    11. Send the next 2 villagers to wood, research loom and click Feudal Age :)

    You've now banned a particular mod from installing again - AoE will try, fail and show the mod with a red exclamation mark in the mods window from now on.

    If you want to undo this again, repeat steps 1-8 and then put all ticks back in on step 9.

    This works for me and I've used it several times.

    submitted by /u/Artisan126
    [link] [comments]

    DE Team Ranked in a Nutshell

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 04:52 PM PST

    Open up DE, join queue.

    Wait 7 mins for a game, finally lobby opens up its nomad. Someone alt-f4s immediately.

    Join queue again, wait another 5 mins. Get into lobby, nomad. Game starts, drop tc next to enemy unknowingly. GG in 7mins.

    Join queue, wait 6mins. Get into lobby, someone alt-f4s.

    Join queue, wait 7mins. Get into lobby, someone alt-f4s.

    Join queue, wait 5mins. Get into lobby, someone alt-f4s with 2 seconds to go on lobby countdown.

    Exit game and contemplate to uninstalling.

    submitted by /u/StayFrothin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment