• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 21, 2021

    Age of Empires II Who let Daut on the dev team?

    Age of Empires II Who let Daut on the dev team?


    Who let Daut on the dev team?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 09:49 PM PST

    "Easy"

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 05:10 AM PST

    I made a thing...or two

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 05:46 PM PST

    AOE Map Enlarger (download in comments)

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 04:28 PM PST

    Was almost proud of myself for pulling a Viper (albeit poorly). Thanks DE!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 04:58 PM PST

    Why aren't there variants for the unique elite units

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 11:56 PM PST

    Wouldnt it be good to differentiate between an Elite vs non-elite models for the unique units tied to each civ?

    Got me thinking when i saw an earlier post about someone suggesting to show a different dark age palisade

    submitted by /u/CoenJC
    [link] [comments]

    It appears that Japan has wololoed a Saracen’s Wonder lol

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 06:40 AM PST

    Chilling

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 09:44 PM PST

    Aoe2 DE "Improved" Pathfinding

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 07:01 AM PST

    This is what the Standard AI will taunt you with after you've beaten the Extreme AI for the new event

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 06:37 AM PST

    First day playing ranked

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 04:35 PM PST

    After playing against AI and a group of friends (I'm the newbie), I had some time and tried on-line games for the first time today. I've progressed from being the worst in my friend group to the best against people who have been playing awhile, so I thought I would try some 1v1 matches. I consistently win 1v1 against Moderate AI, about 60% of the time against Hard AI, and have beat Extreme once.

    I thought it was interesting to see the different strategies. I played as Incans and tried to tower rush (always drives the AI batty, but not too good at it yet).

    First game I played was against someone who had a ton of games and was around 1000 ELO. My tower rush didn't work out too well (distracted him for a few minutes), and I didn't respond well to a scout rush. I kept pushing, but couldn't get my economy going like I wanted, and I noticed he just kept building castles around me. Went an hour and I wasn't able to match to get the towers down, finally resigned. He said he was trying to get me out with just castles, which I found hilarious.

    Second game I was against someone who was also new and only had a few games under his belt. I did a tower rush and apparently after I got towers by his gold and berries, it was too much, so he resigned. Seemed frustrated.

    Third game was what I would expected going in. 800 ELO with hundreds of games player. By the time I tower rushed as we were both getting to feudal at the same time, he was already walling and took out my Incan villagers with his Spanish villagers. I couldn't get in to tower rush so I focused on booming and got about 50 military and a tower near my base. I fended off his initial scout rush (about 15 scout calvary) but never got to go in. In the end, he sent an army of trebs and conquistadores and I couldn't defend well enough so had to resign. The player was a jerk in chat afterwards but I'd expect that from an on-line game.

    Anyway, it was fun and I'm glad I finally jumped in. Way less predictable than the AI, and I think my ELO has a long way to fall.

    submitted by /u/pontymython27
    [link] [comments]

    AI recognise Persian douche?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 01:39 AM PST

    So, the latest challenge require us to beat the extreme AI 1 v 1. And I am not at that level yet. However I do want to unlock that so I try to cheese it by limiting the game to stay in dark age forever and try to Persian douche the AI. To my surprise, the AI preemptively recognise what I am going for even before I send out my villagers to his base and start building houses around his TC to prevent my douche. Obviously it is the Persian douche and it is still the AI so that never stop me finding a TC spot. AI's Villagers and militias just can't stop it from going up. I shot down like 3 TCs before finally winning the game and "complete" the challenge. But the AI's ability to recognise it, try to prevent it (even before I start sending out villagers) and try to rebuild after being douche is still amazing. I don't know what gives it away. Is it because I am Persian and the game only set in dark age, so the AI was programmed to react that way? Or is it when it saw me going for stone?

    Anyway, this is interesting to see and for those noobs like me who have no hope to win 1 v 1 against extreme AI, here is the way to cheese it 😂😂😂

    submitted by /u/KillerPolarBear25
    [link] [comments]

    Aoc pack android app downloaded more than 50k

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 03:07 AM PST

    AI shamelessly *moonbombarding* me before calling the GG ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 02:21 PM PST

    Colorbug, please help!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 06:06 AM PST

    I have no color in the Standard Edition

    https://imgur.com/a/DEuv8uM

    Win 7

    submitted by /u/Jefferson6167
    [link] [comments]

    Who do you think will be the top aoe2 player in three years time?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 06:38 PM PST

    Viper, MBL, one of the younger guys?

    submitted by /u/MonkSalad1
    [link] [comments]

    Best infantry civs?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 06:26 PM PST

    I mean, goths, yes. But what about the others?

    Is there another civ that is very infantry focused? Teutons have good infantry, but also good paladins, so they are not that focused... Same for slavs, burmese, bulgarians...

    Vikings could be the one, or Japanese. Are Japanese in a good spot, as a civ?

    submitted by /u/Orcdolphin
    [link] [comments]

    So the weirdest thing just happen to me.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 06:16 PM PST

    I just started a hardest mode for fun, using black forest and there is only one access way from their place to mine, thinking it was right there, to slow the computer down i like to build a random amount of walls for them to destroy. but they never came, because i ssaw that they also many a wall there with no gates. the game been now dragged out for almost 40 minutes, i got everything maxed already basically, now sure how to continue other than saving and breaking their wall, but knowing that they made their wall there first, they might just close it again. ..

    like wow this never happen to me before, ever, my first hardest win game lol

    submitted by /u/ezreal3k
    [link] [comments]

    Find Moderate difficulty AI too easy yet getting absolutely stomped by Hard

    Posted: 20 Feb 2021 10:30 AM PST

    I'm still trying to perfect my scout rush build order but I think I'm pretty decent, roughly on time with the guides - however I just cannot keep up with the powerhouse of the Hard AI economy even when I'm harassing their villagers a lot. Like even rushing pretty hard theyre usually fielding 20+ archer/spearmen by the time I can rush and then as soon as they go Castle it's just endless streams of Xbows/pikes

    I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong, do you just need to be executing absolutely perfectly to stand a chance or something?

    submitted by /u/blablatrooper
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to find any games in ranked and Unranked lobby

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 03:02 AM PST

    Hi guys, Anyone facing an issue where they are unable to find any game online? I played couple of ranked games yesterday, but after that I was not able to find any game. I waited in queue for like 20 mins. My elo is around 1.1k, so there are lots of players online with that elo (I could see around 15k players online playing aoe2 on steam). Not a single match. Unranked lobby and spectate game shows nothing. Its all blank. If I host a lobby, thats the only game it shows in the lobby game finder. I reinstalled the game, but still facing this issue. Cross network game is enabled.

    Any help is really appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/rajat_ligade
    [link] [comments]

    Counter vs Franks fast castle

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 02:55 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    I am relatively new to AoE2 and have round about 50 games and I am slightly above 900 elo at the moment.

    Recently I thought I was tower rushed by a Franks-Player. He just placed 1 tower close to my wall that included a lot of buildings. I did not really worry and concentrated on macro and did a little damage with scouts in Feudal age.

    But at the beginning of castle age he dropped a castle within range of his tower, supported by his whole army.

    1. Am I supposed to prevent this by pulling a lot of vills and my whole army, although I would send them within the range of the tower?
    2. When the castle is established (map was small), what is my gameplan right now? He quickly built axethrowers so I had to defend and felt stuck...

    Thx in advance!

    submitted by /u/lukatrooper
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment