• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 13, 2021

    Age of Empires 3 Low effort

    Age of Empires 3 Low effort


    Low effort

    Posted: 12 May 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    Idea: Revolutions for Non-European Civs?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 06:39 PM PDT

    I was thinking it might be interesting to add the revolution mechanic for some of the Non-European civs.

    Given that **India** in this game seems to be the Mughal Empire. They could actually have several options

    1. Sikh Empire
    2. Maratha Empire
    3. Bengal

    **China** is tricky, as there were not really any successful rebellions against the Qing dynasty in this time period. (Correct me if I'm wrong). However, since any given skirmish/multiplayer game isn't trying to portray history exactly as it happened (I mean the Aztecs can fight Napoleon in Mongolia) maybe have some of the irl unsuccessful ones as revolution options?

    1. Revolt of Three Feudatories
    2. White Lotus Rebellion
    3. Eight Tigrams Uprising
    4. Taiping Rebellion?

    I guess something like Tibet or Mongolia would be anachronous but, I suppose some of the existing revolutions are too. (Indonesia got independence in 1945).

    **Japan** is even trickier, maybe something with the Boshin war and/or Meiji Restoration.

    For the **USA**, the first thing that comes to everyone's mind is the CSA but, that's not going to happen in this game. So maybe...

    1. Liberia: Independent in 1847 so they aren't really out of the time period compared to other revolutions (South Africa, Romania). Also I know they weren't a revolution but, neither were some of the others (like Canada). Also, they'd fit the them of the upcoming Africa DLC
    2. Philippines? About as anachronous as Indonesia

    I can't think of any others for USA. Let me know if you know of any.

    For the **Aztecs**. I know some of their subjects rebelled against them and sided with the Spanish. So maybe some based on that?

    1. Totonacapan (sided with Spanish during the conquest)
    2. Tetzcoco?
    3. Otomis?

    Maybe there are other options? Let me know if you know of any.

    For the **Haudenosaunee** , I'm not sure I could find any. I know they conquered and had influence over a relatively large area and other tribes during the Beaver Wars. Let me know if any would be a good fit.

    As for the **Lakota** I know there were sometimes internal conflicts between them but, I don't know of anything that may work for the revolution mechanic. Let me know if you know any.

    As for the **Incas**, I know they SORT OF have a revolution with the Tupac rebellion. But, much like the Aztecs, some of their subjects also rebelled against them and sided with the Spanish.

    1. Huanca (they even have a Coat of Arms given to them by the Spanish)
    2. Chachapoya
    3. Cañari

    What do you guys think of this idea? And what other revolution ideas would you have for these civs? I certainly don't know every bit of history of each these civs but, I did the best I could. I'd love some other ideas!

    submitted by /u/AardvarkOkapiEchidna
    [link] [comments]

    Dev's were on point when they did this artwork

    Posted: 12 May 2021 06:37 AM PDT

    Welcome back Drongo, Sweden missed you!

    Posted: 12 May 2021 05:49 AM PDT

    I updated AOE3DE, and now almost no one is on the browser...

    Posted: 12 May 2021 08:13 PM PDT

    It's because they didn't update. My friend just happens to be on their Twitter and sees the update, so we go to the Microsoft store and update it.

    But because most people aren't on their Twitter they don't know and now have an old version and can't play with us.

    submitted by /u/Goldfishduck
    [link] [comments]

    Sioux help

    Posted: 13 May 2021 01:35 AM PDT

    Ho there, I'm trying to learn sioux in aoe 3 TAD but I can't find a decent guide on a deck and its order. Any help?

    submitted by /u/becux
    [link] [comments]

    Team Coastal Defences?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    Is this card viable or is it rubbish? Thought about including it vs Portuguese. I'm not great at math, so which one of you whizzes will tell me what % does it effectively boost building attack vs ships?

    submitted by /u/sgjb12
    [link] [comments]

    Questions for player coming from AoE2

    Posted: 12 May 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    Hi fellas, so I made a recent post as I had bought AoE3 DE. And I have played AoE3 the most in my childhood but switched to AoE2 for multiplayer and came to AoE3 DE last week. (I was 1600 on AoE2 DE 1v1 and currently standing at ~1200 1v1 after 4/4 games and 1400 TG after 20 games)

    Now, I have some questions regarding strategies and game features.

    1.Are British too strong?

    I have been playing with them in team games and the Virginia Company Card is just a blessing. After getting VC and spamming houses, I am ahead of enemy by 10 villagers at least. In AoE2,even a one vill advantage makes the civ too strong. (Mayans, Chinese). So in this game, I canmake musks and boom with houses and have the eco + map control. It just feels so strong thatyou have good options like musks, longbows, huss, good artillery. While some other civs like Incas don't get significant bonus like them.

    2. Will the recorded games get replaced by new ones after you play a game?

    How can I disable the previous game record getting replaced without manually copying the record everytime. Also, I cannot watch the games where my enemy had US civ and it said "DLC required".

    3. Mod Support

    Is there any mod support for this game, especially for spectating as I have seen some streamers having different overlay when they cast games.

    Special thanks to Aussie Drongo, who makes content everyday and its just so entertaining to watch him.

    submitted by /u/HauntingTime3300
    [link] [comments]

    How to counter the Russians in treaty ?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    So my friends and I are regularly playing 1v1s against each other, and one of my friends mains Russia, and he absolutely shreds us everytime we play treaty because of the instant unit creation.

    The closest I got to beating him was playing as the French using Gendarmes, but he's got lots of forts everywhere around the map and I get swarmed by dozens of musketeers coming from everywhere.

    How do you deal with the instantaneous unit spawns ? What's the secret to defeat Russia in treaty ?

    submitted by /u/IAmDouda97
    [link] [comments]

    Using dragoons against a French cave box

    Posted: 12 May 2021 06:34 AM PDT

    More Progress on the United States Challenges for Age of Empires 3!

    Posted: 12 May 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    Loving China more and more!

    Posted: 12 May 2021 07:37 AM PDT

    What is the battleship

    Posted: 12 May 2021 08:08 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, i just looked at the update log and the mention of the battleship puzzles me, i haven't been the most diligent player is it a new unit? Thank y'all

    submitted by /u/Primary-Area-5820
    [link] [comments]

    Best dutch opening?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    A bit conflicted at what the best dutch opening is between:

    Market start -> buying wood -> Hunting dogs -> Ageing up -> buying wood -> bank in transition

    Or

    Normal age up and chop 350 wood while ageing to get bank in transition

    While the first alternative makes more sense to me and some youtubers (I_HaRRiiSoN_I and imMoonPie), i don't see many pros going for it, instead prefering the second one, how come?

    submitted by /u/Adrelixxx
    [link] [comments]

    Lost all my progress on united states challenge AOE3

    Posted: 12 May 2021 05:28 AM PDT

    Just lost my progress in United States Challenge on AOE3 today. I'd done 70% of it. Anyone else had the same issue?

    submitted by /u/OnlyStrategy5801
    [link] [comments]

    Estates Card with the British?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    Is the Estates card really worth it in my house boom deck with the British? It seems to train settlers for full cost but double the train time in each manor. I cant really think of a situation where this would be useful. Any ideas of whether this card is worth it?

    submitted by /u/Apprehensive_Ad1827
    [link] [comments]

    Using dragoons against a French cave box

    Posted: 12 May 2021 05:30 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment