• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 30, 2021

    Age of Empires II really proud of this DauT castle 11

    Age of Empires II really proud of this DauT castle 11


    really proud of this DauT castle 11

    Posted: 29 May 2021 11:47 PM PDT

    Never underestimate the power of going all-in 1 TC!

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:12 AM PDT

    Never underestimate the power of going all-in 1 TC!

    I just had a game (1v1 Arabia, 1650 elo) where I played as Huns against Khmer.

    We both went scouts, but I completely messed up the fights. I ended up down 6 vils and 3 minutes later to castle age.

    At that point I thought it was pretty much gg. He's gonna outboom me massively and steamroll me. Unless... I suddenly remembered players like Viper or Hera being down upon hitting castle age, going all-in 1 tc, and winning the game anyway. So I figured I'd give that a shot!

    Blue went 2 stable knights and started hammering on my palisades. I went 3 stable knights + a monastery. Cleaned up his attack and immediately went forward with a siege workshop. He had a couple barracks producing spearmen by that time, so I focused down every damn spear I saw. Took down a barracks, built a tower on his woodline, then rammed down one of his tc's (he was on 3 tc's all this time).

    He gg'ed when his troops were dead and his tc went down, as I was about to run amok in his base.

    End score:

    Me: 76 kills, 52 max villagers

    Him: 29 kills, 99 max villagers

    I honestly couldn't believe I won that game.

    Population graph

    submitted by /u/drakekengda
    [link] [comments]

    Can we have the Age of Mythology queued techs researching whenever pop capped?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 04:10 AM PDT

    Can we have the Age of Mythology queued techs researching whenever pop capped?

    Allowing this would help players not mess up build orders or lose their advantage every time they get popcapped
    this is really impactful in many situations for example:
    -the classic pop cap in dark age while having loom queued or in Feudal
    -when queuing the halb upgrade while making lots of pikemen post-boom. to respond to mass scouts/knights. the pikemen will pop cap you and then the upgrade will be paused until you lose your army
    -when you queue up Imperial Age while selecting multiple TCs and booming then the boom pauses your queue and you fall behind if you don't notice it
    -when queuing militia line to counter trash spam and needing to upgrade militia 5 times while training

    https://preview.redd.it/xym4716dq8271.png?width=501&format=png&auto=webp&s=9c638eac33b9fb8c3baf137e0247a8927f2d1097

    submitted by /u/GeckoMochi
    [link] [comments]

    New Britons Custom Campaign: The Anarchy of King Stephen

    Posted: 29 May 2021 09:08 PM PDT

    New Britons Custom Campaign: The Anarchy of King Stephen

    Hey guys, brand new custom scenario by the designer of The Hautevilles, Ivaylo, and other official campaigns!

    The Anarchy of King Stephen

    England, 1135 CE. King Henry has died without an heir and the kingdom is in turmoil. As Stephen of Blois, defeat your rivals to rule England during The Anarchy. But beware: a far greater threat is on its way.

    Features:

    • Defeat your rivals, crush the Welsh rebellion, and invade Ireland while building your power base to resist a much stronger threat.
    • Fully voiced campaign.
    • Battle over a massive, 360x360 map -- 225% larger than Giant!

    The Anarchy of King Stephen

    submitted by /u/FilthydelphiaAoK
    [link] [comments]

    A statistical approach to why I suck at Age

    Posted: 30 May 2021 04:57 AM PDT

    Hey!

    I used AoE2.net's API to analyse some of my own past games, and I've written it up on my substack here, while my code can be found here. I don't promise that the code will work for you, but you never know...

    https://mattseymour.substack.com/p/how-i-play-age-of-empires-2

    I am new to blogging and new to Rstats, so let me know if there is anything that's broken, or if there are any other analyses you're interested in.

    submitted by /u/matt_seymour_
    [link] [comments]

    Won a game against hard A.I with zero population

    Posted: 29 May 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    Won a game against hard A.I with zero population

    I captured all 5 relics and hard A.I completely destroyed me afterwards, luckily they never touched the monastery with all 5 relics, I spent 10 minutes praying " please don't destroy the monastery "

    https://preview.redd.it/r0o71ewg96271.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=3257dde073a07534b10a4338dfc4fa250aba8f45

    submitted by /u/EstablishmentNo6378
    [link] [comments]

    AI on Migration Map : disappointingly not migrating

    Posted: 30 May 2021 06:31 AM PDT

    Watching the really fun video of T90 about the legend of iSit, I discovered the migration map and started to train on it against the extreme AI.
    But surprisingly, it's barely "migrating" and seems blocked on the tiny starting island... Don't know if this is something that should be corrected ? What are you thoughts ?

    submitted by /u/Cptn_Director
    [link] [comments]

    Age of Empires Discord for beginners/new players

    Posted: 30 May 2021 01:42 AM PDT

    Here's a discord channel for new/returning players for Age of Empires (2 Definitive Edition). https://discord.gg/RVH7vxxW

    For those looking to play casual matches / non competitive.

    We'll also be playing Age of Empires IV upon release.

    submitted by /u/secondstrikerc
    [link] [comments]

    What map do you prefer?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    This will help settle a debate.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/leakingcrack
    [link] [comments]

    What civs are a bad matchup for berbers?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 02:43 AM PDT

    In the past weeks I've been playing the Berbers a ton, especially on nomad. Having a great tech tree, a strong cavalry bonus, a strong unique unit and faster moving villagers it's a civ that overlooked and has quickly become my new "main" civ.

    Now on the previous civs I've played I always knew exactly what my bad matchups were.

    I detest facing britons as Turks or Japanese, same deal with bulgarians facing mongols. It's not that these matchups are impossible to win, but they are harder.

    However I don't feel the same way about Berbers. I feel they have an answer to everything. Hence why I ask some more experienced players here, what is your experience?

    submitted by /u/Exe0n
    [link] [comments]

    Can we get the large map view from Age of Mythology into AOE2DE?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 04:39 AM PDT

    Can we get the large map view from Age of Mythology into AOE2DE?

    I know it's a lot to ask to make the entire UI adjustable but at least give us the "tap-to-toggle-large-map" feature
    This would help a lot when playing Large, Giant and Ludicrous maps
    also great to locate resources and plan with a larger view without needing to have hawk eyes

    ALSO this would help eradicate those pesky salty afk players that refuse to surrender and prolong the match by hiding their units behind trees and walls (seriously even with Spies researched it's hard to actually see where their units are)

    https://preview.redd.it/4s1tvjxjv8271.jpg?width=1360&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=625c6e47da631390146c9d646d34a0c41bb703af

    submitted by /u/GeckoMochi
    [link] [comments]

    Heroes' Profile Avatars as Rewards for finishing Campaigns?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    Heroes' Profile Avatars as Rewards for finishing Campaigns?

    I noticed when playing Age of Empires 3 that some profile icons require you to finish certain campaigns to unlock. The profile icons are often the heroes/characters from the campaigns.
    There are plenty of heroes in aoe2 that aren't available as profile iconsCurrently,
    there are 45 Campaigns (16 being historical battles) and around 155 hero units in the scenario editor.

    you can make it so that each campaign gives 3 icons from completing them on 3 difficulty settings.
    OR that all hero icons are unlocked upon completion of the level they're involved in
    OR add fun quests/achievements/challenges to unlock each icon which adds more overall content to the game
    also It would be really cool to have more icons :D

    https://preview.redd.it/uw5rtdqbc9271.jpg?width=835&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1978299b1acdc37b8c7072a6181ce0ca7bbfff58

    submitted by /u/GeckoMochi
    [link] [comments]

    Statistics in the interactive build order guide

    Posted: 30 May 2021 06:53 AM PDT

    I just tried the interactive build order guides made by cicero. They give you grades for milestones and some info how you did at the end, e. g. tc idle times. But most of the time I miss these texts, is there any way to see these messages once they disappeared?

    submitted by /u/Kinc4id
    [link] [comments]

    When Attack Move is better than Patrol in Definitive Edition

    Posted: 29 May 2021 02:17 PM PDT

    Just a photo of the Chinese unique unit

    Posted: 29 May 2021 01:47 PM PDT

    Flemish Revolution feels really imbalanced.

    Posted: 29 May 2021 11:13 PM PDT

    I've seen a few players use Flemish Revolution. Most recently in a 1 on 1. I ended up winning but, I am really amazed at just how overpowered this tech is.

    I watched a spirit of the law video on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTNeGAvkqbQ and he explains that if you have 100 villagers, it's only 4.5 gold per unit. They (generally speaking) have the strengths of champions plus the strengths of halberdiers, together in the same unit.

    The loss of economy is kind of a non-issue. If anything it works the opposite. It's a gain in economy. 100+ strong units for, something like 4.5 gold each, is like getting hundreds (thousands?) of free resources. When I saw my opponent use this in my last came, he rebuilt his villagers in only minutes.

    I saw this stat that, the tech only has a 20% win rate. I honestly don't know how that can be the case. Perhaps the people who are using it think they can just pay to win, by buying this overpowered civ.

    It kind of made me feel a bit sour about that match. I am honestly amazed that I won, but if I hadn't, I don't feel that it would have been a fair victory for my opponent. It would be one thing if these were like, 100 cheap weak units. But they are so strong that, in a lot of situations, there's not much answer for it.

    submitted by /u/porkachu
    [link] [comments]

    RTX ON

    Posted: 29 May 2021 09:11 AM PDT

    Countering FU champions with HC

    Posted: 29 May 2021 11:24 PM PDT

    I was playing as Indians vs Vikings and Japanese. Thanks to some great answers on my previous question, I was able to hold off the knight rush and boom. Then I started getting attacked by champions of both civs, backed by skirms/arbalests. Per the wiki, " Again, Hand Cannoneers easily deal with enemy infantry, so the player must use them.", so I went into HC with halbs in front. It didn't work, the champions cut through both, unless I committed 5+ HC per champ.

    What am I doing wrong, I.e. is it a micro issue or should I mass larger numbers of HC? Research all armor upgrades (I didn't get ring archer)? Conversely, is the unit choice itself wrong?

    Thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/Antsareharsh
    [link] [comments]

    Moving Relics?

    Posted: 29 May 2021 11:21 PM PDT

    Can you move a relic once you place it in a monastery?

    submitted by /u/Shiroyasha1381
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone Want to Play a Aame?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 01:35 AM PDT

    always looking to play games and I was wondering if people are interested in joing my discord to play games with me and my friends.

    https://discord.gg/CWUC65wY

    submitted by /u/PoopLord69722
    [link] [comments]

    RBW maps different to standard EW.

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    How come all the RBW maps start with sheep, 1 extra villager and just 2 farms compared to the standard Empire wars in the game? You'd think if the devs wanted to push empire wars they would standardise the start to be the same as RBW.

    On the normal maps on DE you start with 27 vills - 5 farms, 6 berries, 11 or 10 wood and 5 or 6 gold.

    It really changes how the games will begin as you are able to delay farms with having sheep on RBW where as on normal EW maps it can be a little tricky to get a stable/range and double bit axe and then you cant get farms as you have no wood. Even the stable or DB axe is delayed slightly, never mind trying to get farms.

    submitted by /u/MorleyGames
    [link] [comments]

    Best Aoe2 Players - DEATHMATCH - Celebrating DM

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:21 AM PDT

    So, I've never really got into deathmatch, but now that they're taking away deathmatch from the ranked ladder, I've of course now become a little but more interested in it. In particular I was interested in the top players playing DM.

    The RM ladder players are extremely popular, but not sure the DM'ers get the same hype. So here's a video for them, celebrating the top 15 aoe2 DM players of late.

    Some interesting names, some I've heard, some I haven't. Let me know what you think!

    https://youtu.be/_dP5Wv-XVXE

    submitted by /u/Aoeleagues
    [link] [comments]

    Can we have Ranked CASTLE AGE Regicide game mode?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:03 AM PDT

    Feudal Age barely has any variety
    Castle age has waaaaaay more branching options
    I mean if we want a game mode that can turn into an esport this would be it
    Regicide also gives more villagers for a faster start
    from the get-go, you have relics to gather, booming, fast imp, castles to build, and a map to control
    also siege, knights, monks are more fun to watch that scouts and archers
    most civs uniqueness' starts to shine around castle age

    on top of all that you have a king to protect and a king to assassinate which means there is a huge potential for comebacks (giving the king more hp and making him a cav unit would balance it out)

    submitted by /u/GeckoMochi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment