• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 27, 2021

    Age of Empires II Red Bull Wololo 4 Semifinals and Finals / Live Discussion

    Age of Empires II Red Bull Wololo 4 Semifinals and Finals / Live Discussion


    Red Bull Wololo 4 Semifinals and Finals / Live Discussion

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 06:55 AM PDT

    Red Bull Wololo 4 Semifinals and Finals

    Official English stream

    Official Spanish stream

    Liquidpedia


    SalzZ_Vinchester 0-2 [Tempo] Liereyy

    Draft link


    MATCH 1:

    Runestones

    SalzZ_Vinchester VIK vs ETH Liereyy

    Winner: Liereyy in 00:50:54


    MATCH 2:

    Northern Isles

    SalzZ_Vinchester POR vs ITA Liereyy

    Winner: Liereyy in 01:14:57


    GL.TheViper 0-0 [Tempo] Hera

    Draft link


    submitted by /u/D0machine
    [link] [comments]

    @rlyknight, so you say there were never any camel archers, eh?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    thanks nili

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    Please top telling other people how they are supposed to enjoy the game

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 05:03 AM PDT

    Almost every other day people are complaining about Civ pickers.
    Stop it!

    There is no Civilization that is totally broken, it is not true, that you are only playing vs the same civ over, and over again. Even at <1000 only the eleven most picked civs together are only making up 50% of all picks. You do have variety in your opponents civs!

    In addition, and even more importantly:

    There is nothing wrong with someone picking a civ. Not everyone is playing this game with the same motivations, same reasons and same ambitions.

    People might want to pick a civ because they just like that particular civ, for game play or sentimental reasons. They might want to pick a civ because they want to learn a certain strategy with them, they might pick a civ because they just very much enjoy how that civ plays. There are plenty of reasons to pick a civ, and there are plenty of reasons to go random. In the end neither of those choices are taking anything away from you, so you have no right to tell the other person how they are supposed to enjoy the game!

    Calling out 'civ pickers' is nothing else but elitist bullshit gatekeeping. If you are so much into improving, adapting and getting better at the game you should be even more for civ pickers. Doesn't it after all give you more strong civs to play against, which just adds more opportunities for you to improve?

    submitted by /u/Snizl
    [link] [comments]

    I might be actually too nervous to watch that 11

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 04:55 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, this is my DIY siege weapon collection, which one do you like the most and which one do you want me to make next, I'd love to know in the comments below, thanks you very much !

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 05:37 AM PDT

    Isengard Dam 1st trigger test

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    Begginers guide to openings for every civilization

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    This is why you don't attack monks once they've started a conversion..

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    So I asked my dad if he would play a 1v1 with me and he did, he's been playing aoe2 since before I was born (I am 20 almost 21 now) and hasn't played much the last 6 years. He played a match with me, did pretty decent but hasn't ever heard of a build order before and asked if it was cheating ��

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 07:15 PM PDT

    For all the historical inaccuracy that has been pointed out in AoE2 recently, I just want to point out how much better the DE devs are doing in that regard

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 07:58 PM PDT

    The much of the original age of kings and AoC content is racked by historical inaccuracy and simplification, but just take a look at Kotyan Khan campaign released with DE. I was currently listening to Dan Carlin's "Wrath of the Khans" historical podcast and the information portrayed in the campaign and its slideshows matches up almost 100% with the historical records that he is reporting from in the podcast

    submitted by /u/DeusVultGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Treb Fight

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    You cannot outsmart this man! [Wololo IV]

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    Please HELP me out. I am unable to play ranked for some reason.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 12:35 AM PDT

    Well, I hate this!!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 02:29 AM PDT

    How to play Xbows VS Kts ?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 08:27 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I don't know how to play with xbows against someone who's playing kts. I feel like kts are so strong that they can just crush me in mid castle age. And at the imperial age, if my opponent manage to mass as much unit as me, i always have the feeling that 50 cavaliers are way stronger and threatening than 50 arbalesters.

    I know what you'll say : just mix pikemen with your xbows. When i do this, my opponent just go full skirmishers, which counter both my xbows and my pikes. And later in imp, he can just push me with treb/skirms and run into my economy with some cavalry.

    I know i am wrong, i know kts and xbows are balanced the way they are, but i wanted to know if you guys can give me some advices.

    Oh and i'm around 1280 - 1320 elo (I might be a bit to high elo considering my skills, but this is an other problem 11).

    Thanks all.

    submitted by /u/Tylanor
    [link] [comments]

    Dealing with Britons in Arena as Mongols

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    I only play Arena, and I only play Mongols, so please don't say to pick a different map or civ. For reference, I'm around 1300 ELO (DE) only playing this map/civ combo, so I'm not a crap player, but far from an all conquering god. Ranked game, so assume I'll be playing another 1300 player.

    Now, I havent had any specific problems against any civs (i.e. I win some, I lose some) except when I face Britons, where my win rate is definetely sub 30%, and honestly I think it's more like 20%.

    What generally happens is: we both go for a FC. I will put a defensive castle in my base, as typically one thinks that Mongols have a very strong late game, the difficulty is surviving their poor castle age. The Briton player will either do the same, or try to do a forward castle drop (which is just a standard thing to defend against that any civ can do, so no particular issues at this point).

    My problem actually comes later, when typically, they start to spam arbalests, and I go mangudai. The arbs slaughter the mangudai owing to their vastly superior range. Onagers aren't a counter either because people will just micro their arbalests away and snipe your onagers - you'll never get a shot in against anyone halfway competent. Spamming hussars isn't great either as they lack the final pierce armour upgrade, and in practice get shredded by massed arbs. Those three unis (Mangs, Hussars, Siege) are basically the Mongol meta, and none seem to work all that well. The only times I seem to beat a Briton player is when it's very clear there's an imbalance in innate skill level or they make a terrible mistake like leaving their archers under castle fire for 15 seconds while they're paying attention to something else. Essentially, unless the opponent messes up big time, they win.

    Any ideas on how to counter this? Castle age pushes with mongols before they get up to arbs doesn't seem like a good idea as Mongols have a poor castle age but a strong Imperial. But even our strong imperial units don't seem to fare that well against a ball of super long range arbs!

    submitted by /u/pala3223
    [link] [comments]

    Player reactions after G3 MBL vs Larry RBW4 Quaters

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    Are there any hotkey / mechanics guides out there?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 02:27 AM PDT

    I've always been very keen on figuring out how to best control the games I play.

    For example, in AoE2:DE, I have questions how people use/do:

    1. Idle villager hotkeys? Select all / go to next?
    2. Town Center hotkeys? Select all / go to next?
    3. Other building hotkeys?
    4. "Last event" hotkeys? Useful or not?
    5. Unit commands/micro:
      1. Which are "important" to be hotkeyed?
      2. Does it make sense to switch between "Aggressive" "Defensive" "Stand your ground" etc.?
      3. Which formations are useful? "Flank" to split obviously, what about the others?
      4. How do you properly micro ranged units? Move -> "stop" hotkey. or move -> "attack move" hotkey (Starcraft-style)? Move -> targeted attack?

    Currently, I'm mostly using control groups even for buildings (habit from other RTS), but it'd probably make sense to use specific building hotkeys as well? Like blacksmith / market for example?

    TL;DR: yeah just want to look at how other people set up their AOE2 controls, any videos/guides out there?

    submitted by /u/Azzu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment