• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 15, 2021

    Age of Empires II Was about to resign a game and opponent sends me this. Like, I'm barely 1k elo, I KNOW I'm bad, what do you gain from sending this?

    Age of Empires II Was about to resign a game and opponent sends me this. Like, I'm barely 1k elo, I KNOW I'm bad, what do you gain from sending this?


    Was about to resign a game and opponent sends me this. Like, I'm barely 1k elo, I KNOW I'm bad, what do you gain from sending this?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 10:30 PM PDT

    Wow! Thanks DE!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    Empire Wars sucks and here's why

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Everyone is better than me.

    Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

    Follow like and subscribe for more top-tier content like this.

    submitted by /u/Impressive-Event-102
    [link] [comments]

    Masters of the Arena 6 about to start!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 01:29 AM PDT

    Hi all! For Arena Lovers, 1 year after the amazing Clown Cup 3, Masters of the Arena 6 is about to start! JonSlow and DracKeN will be hosters! It will feature 16 of the best Arena players, including the invited ACCM, BacT, Capoch, JorDan, slam, Villese, Vinchester and Mr_Yo top player, who has received a Wild Card in order to replace TheViper. From 15/07 to 01/08 we'll have the chance to watch the best Arena players!

    The other 8 players (DauT, Stefan, Babaorum, Running, Vodka_L_, Modri, miguel and TaToH - the last Champion of Clown Cup 3) have qualified after 3 hard games, also beating great Clowns and Top players.

    I think there will be room for new strategies to be seen! First game will start at 15:00 GMT+2 (Madrid - Paris time).

    Don't lose it!

    submitted by /u/Azot-Spike
    [link] [comments]

    Seriously, how great is capture age?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    I just want to take a second and say that it's super cool that this tool exists in the first place and the fact that the devs were chill enough to plug it in the base game is amazing!

    submitted by /u/awful-normal
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] Age of Empires 2 Win Chance - Sorted by Best Civilizations [Remix]

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    My AI opponent just said 'gg': are they gaining sentience?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    Interview with Liereyy Sunday July 18th. Please ask your questions in the comments below and we will answer them live on Twitch

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 08:58 PM PDT

    The burgundians and sicilians appeared in my civs 1-2 days ago, yet, I never purchased the dlc ,anyone know what happened?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    History Hit Open, 5000$ AoE2 tournament

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 01:45 AM PDT

    Half a year ago I made a Winrate/Playrate delta graph, here is an update.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    My most impressive battle micro ever

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 01:35 AM PDT

    Pro players' Arena pick and win rates (fresh data!)

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    Pro players' Arena pick and win rates (fresh data!)

    Hi all! I've gathered all draft information I could about Masters of the Arena 6 qualifiers, regarding civ pick rates and win rates, and I've come upon many interesting results. I show the table below with the times they've been drafted, picked and w/l data:

    https://preview.redd.it/oedzju9hhdb71.png?width=612&format=png&auto=webp&s=236a8dd98593bce131080c82d427b9e844f8d465

    First thing to notice is that all 37 civs have been at least once drafted, and only Indians have not been played in any game. If we sum the wins and losses of the civs that have been chosen less than 5 times, we've got a 5w/5l, which is truly awkward, but we all know how these pro players are 1111.

    Ok, let's go with top Arena civs. All of them have been drafted most of the times, but nearly half of the times were banned (there were 7 picks and 2 bans). Aztecs (monk/siege/eagles), Britons (boom+archers), Burgundians (boom+cavalry), Malay (fast aging) and Teutons (boom+melee+siege) have been the most banned civs. But nº1 were the Turks, who were so many times banned that we only have seen them in 14 games, with a 64% win rate. Their strong castle drop + Jannies, but especially, fast Imperial HC + BBC is the most fearsome strategy. The rest of them have been chosen as many times as banned, with the exception of Malay (57% wr), TheViper's favorite, and Lithuanians (only 40% wr), who have been played many times.

    Along with Lith and Malay, Byzantines (65% wr) and Ethiopians (37% wr) are the civs we've seen most in the qualies. These last two civs have opposite win rates, which seems to favor fast imp treb monk over siege archers. Italians (40% wr) and Portuguese (71% wr) also favor Byz strat, but they got also opposite win rates. Saracen (50% wr), Vietnamese (only 33% wr) and Koreans (JUST 18% wr) are the other top played civs. Especially curious is the case of Koreans, who have been played 17 times and only got 3 wins!

    I want a especial mention for Burmese, who have been drafted half of the matches in contrast to their actual 1% general pick rate. Since pro players' monk micro is crazy, Burmese play is very favored. Last but not least, I want to mention many civs who have been chosen to play nearly as many times as they have been drafted, with an above average win rate. These are Cumans (8-3, we saw them used in the last Clown Cup 3 final with amazing results, search for the video if you feel like it), Celts (6-2), Spanish (8-2), Khmer (5-1) and Malians (6-2). These last two are not regarded as especialty Arena civs, but have performed very well.

    I want to end talking about Spanish. I recently wrote a post about them, wondering if they might need a buff. Results of the qualifiers don't change my idea that they have a low pick rate, even if they have a good tech tree for Arena. But they've been banned by pro players many times, as if they feared their strong Castle drop + Conq + monk+ siege, and nearly all who choose them played with them (10 out of 12) and won with them (80% wr). So yes, Missionaries shouldn't be able to pick relics, but they need something to be chosen over monks.

    Now c'mon! JorDan is playing against Modri the first of the Masters of the arena 6 games! Go watch it! :-)

    Have a nice day, weekend is coming!!

    submitted by /u/Azot-Spike
    [link] [comments]

    Just got clapped by Valas on EW

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 03:10 PM PDT

    I am ~1200 ELO in RM and I just got matched up against Valas on Empire Wars (it seems it was one of the first games he played on the ladder) and boy was that fun.

    I obviously got destroyed in feudal and I'm not even sure he really tried, but I'm loving the experience of getting matched up against pro players!

    submitted by /u/alemanniaaachenfan
    [link] [comments]

    Team RM map pool is not fun right now. Black Forest, Amazon tunnel, and coastal forest. I don’t like those kinds of maps yet I can’t avoid them. Guess it’s 1v1 EW and RM until the next rotation ����‍♂️

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 05:48 PM PDT

    Aoe2 de fps cap lag

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 06:44 AM PDT

    hey guys, before the latest update i was constantly getting +140fps in the game on high graphics, after the update the fps are capped to 60fps and sometimes it drops to 30fps , which causes the game to lag and the yellow dot appears, ive tried to lower the graphics but nothing happened.. and im sure my system can run the game pretty smoothly.. is there any way to to remove the cap?

    submitted by /u/milf__hunter_____
    [link] [comments]

    900 ELO... boar lures don’t always go as planned

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 01:52 PM PDT

    Was wondering if someone could give an old school player a low down.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 09:18 AM PDT

    Hey all. I used to play back in the day when the meso expansion came out and spent thousands of hours playing and watching replays. I used to be a huge contributor on mrfixitonline if anyone remembers that.

    Definitive edition totally went under my radar and only knew about it when I saw an ad for an expansion. Really thinking about jumping into it and gettting addicted all over again but have a questions if anyone would be so kind to answer:

    1. I've read that there's a ton more civs now. Is the balance in the game good considering there's so much to balance now?

    2. Are Huns still best for 1v1 Arabia.

    3. I used to love playing a player made map called land nomad all random ( can't remember the exact name) is that still played now?

    4. I ended up learning some crazy way to play from a guide where I use the arrows to pan and home key for TC etc has the game improved in its control or is default still the same as it used to be?

    5. Guilds were a huge thing back then and I used to partake in tons of guild v guild games. Is there a big emphasis on guild now? Anything integrated into the game to encourage them?

    submitted by /u/Gentle_Pony
    [link] [comments]

    When your teammate leaves game in dark age but you come back to win it anyway...

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 03:24 PM PDT

    Anyone used ironclad scorpions in game?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    Compared to regular scorpions they are significantly more tanky vs melee, reducing damage taken anywhere from 50%-25% for things like eagles, knights/cavalier, (heavy) camels, light cavalry, etc. Given you get ~60% more HP on scorpions compared to onagers for the same resources this seems kind of promising as a support unit which takes more investment to flank.

    This makes ironclad scorpions seem much more viable as a support unit because:

    1. they have much more HP than onagers for a given investment
    2. they aren't as vulnerable to flanks relative to vanilla scorpions
    3. they counter balled up foot archers (and cavalry counters spread out foot archers)
    4. very population efficient compared to skirms (and 1 more range in imp)
    5. heavy cavalry and ironclad scorpions cover almost all of each other's weaknesses (not halb + bbc)
    6. Teutons have redemption + block printing and SE bombard cannons for halb + BBC.
    7. Ironclad and chemistry if desired are only 550 gold. All other upgrades cost no gold.
    8. No friendly fire
    9. Halb + onager without bbc isn't a great counter because the bolts will pass through the halbs in front at max range and hit the onagers at up to 11 range.
    10. Scorpions are 8% faster than onagers and their attack delay is only 0.21s. If you have micro better than 0.3s you can stay ahead and hit and run fat max fire rate. At 0.4s you can hit every 5s and run. Obviously you need to target something in front of the onagers (e.g. halbs in halb + onager).
    11. Scorpions outrun onagers. This is the only relevant thing.

    Idk if these pros outweighs the normal cons of things like double gold compositions but at least in theory there's a lot of synergy there. I'll probably be trying it out for fun.

    Just thought I'd throw this out there for some of the anti-meta mavericks in the playerbase.

    submitted by /u/Remarkable-Corgi
    [link] [comments]

    Options for Infantry Civs against Mongols..

    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 04:04 PM PDT

    I went Celts playing a 4-4 on Arena as flank. I scout my opponent who is Mongols, and quickly wondered what the best play was.

    Tried to apply heavy pressure in Castle but didn't get anywhere... prioritized Siege (not knowing the Mangudai siege attack bonus).. and of course some infantry that I could get into their base and wreck havoc. Got wrecked. (Didn't help that his pocket was throwing in some halbs to distract me and mine was lackluster..)

    Anyways as Celts up against this I wonder if I should have just prioritized Cav or something... in the heat of battle I was pumping out skirms but they seemed to die quickly.

    submitted by /u/BrazenChatter
    [link] [comments]

    Weird problem with unit reskin mods

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 02:16 AM PDT

    So I've been using the Omkar based unit replacer mod for Definitive Edition for a while, but I don't know why, maybe because of the last hot fix, any similar mod is currently bugged for me. As soon as I create a unit that has a replacement skin, it disappears. The resources and popcap are consumed, but no unit appears. And if I upgrade, say, the militia and the upgrade is a reskinned unit... Poof. They vanish. Anyone of you kind fellows could help me out on this one? I really enjoyed playing with that mod installed, made games more unique.

    submitted by /u/Percalthegreat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment