• Breaking News

    Monday, January 31, 2022

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 04:00 AM PST

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Those aoe4 are not coming to aoe2 but on the plus side, aoe2 playerbase is frozen

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 02:28 AM PST

    Castling in chess

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 01:03 AM PST

    Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Update 58259 - Age of Empires

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 03:22 PM PST

    how our ancestors used to make obsidian arrows (RIP 25.01.2021)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 03:40 PM PST

    Best DLC civ?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 11:52 AM PST

    Epic comeback!!! Both my allies were almost getting wiped out but then my wagons steamroll blue and then teal at the end griefs by hiding mass ship army in the corner

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 07:25 AM PST

    Had Covid19, played AoE2 for the first time. Here's a video about it.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 04:33 AM PST

    GG

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 01:40 PM PST

    I Like Randoms

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 10:37 PM PST

    Why do people say Elephant Archers are bad?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 01:15 PM PST

    I know they are not viable in 1v1 because they are expensive, require a castle, and they are slow. But I see them more as a team game unit. I mean, they are the second most pop efficient unit in the game. If you have the resources, you want to go for elephant archers. Elephant Archers in mass are a deadly unit and only counterable with siege or some special UUs (which do not counter them pop efficiently).

    For me Elephant Archers are the range equivalent of the Persian War Elephant.

    submitted by /u/Dudenleser
    [link] [comments]

    I'd love to see a SOTL video on how much damage you need to get out of a mangonel/onager for it to be worth it, especially in comparison to trash counters.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 02:13 PM PST

    I feel like even at the highest levels you often see mangonels not even get more than one or two shots off to varying success before they're destroyed. How much damage do you really have to inflict for it to be worth it and at the very least get a return on your investment. I feel like this question has a million different variables and would be perfect for a complex breakdown of all the different scenarios.

    submitted by /u/JakeArvizu
    [link] [comments]

    Rank divisions to AoE2 (new feature in AoE4)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 05:38 AM PST

    Rank divisions to AoE2 (new feature in AoE4)

    In the upcoming patch for AOE4 they're adding rank divisions/tiers along with rank points/elo. Would you like to see something like this in AoE2 as well, with or without elo points?

    https://preview.redd.it/0kljbmr901f81.jpg?width=1125&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0187d4983a8b3604ad92e003764f8c33c432bc04

    Personally I would like to have a more visual ranking system (with elo points) like many other competitive online games have, because for new players elo is pretty meaningless number (maybe have the rank next to your nick?) and doesn't really tell them how good they are at the game. Here's how I would implement the AoE4 ranks to AoE2 (from best to worst).

    Conqueror I: 2400 elo and above
    Conqueror II: 22xx-23xx (2200-2399 elo)
    Conqueror III: 20xx-21xx (2000-2199 elo)

    Diamond I: 18xx-19xx
    Diamond II: 17xx
    Diamond III: 16xx

    Platinum I: 15xx
    Platinum II: 14xx
    Platinum III: 13xx

    Gold I: 12xx
    Gold II:11xx
    Gold III: 10xx

    Silver I: 9xx
    Silver II: 8xx
    Silver III: 7xx

    Bronze I: 6xx
    Bronze II: 5xx
    Bronze III: 4xx and below

    What do you guys think? Would this be a good implementation or make AoE2 multiplayer worse?

    submitted by /u/AltruisticAssist91
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks for the shortcut Google!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 02:39 PM PST

    This game made my heart stop.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 07:05 AM PST

    Help me: Third scenario of the burgundians campaign

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 05:30 AM PST

    Hello I have a question about the campaign.

    Where are the Two relic you must found for the Erudit in paris ?

    submitted by /u/Master_panda02
    [link] [comments]

    Hi everyone I just thought I’d share my first ever age of empires video of me going full petards. Please advice on how to make better videos or do this strategy better welcome.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 04:29 AM PST

    Screen Changes

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 01:48 PM PST

    This is my first time playing aoe2 :)

    Whenever I open the game, and then I switch to another window, my whole screen becomes smaller. It's like the screen physically got smaller. I managed to resolve this my restarting my computer, but it's very annoying. Can someone help? Thanks.

    I play on PC, Windows 10.

    submitted by /u/QueenArwenEvenstar
    [link] [comments]

    Best sets of Wandering Warriors Cup this weekend?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 02:22 AM PST

    Any suggestions for best sets of the weekend from Wandering Warriors Cup? Only have time to watch 1 or 2 sets.

    submitted by /u/tibsmagee
    [link] [comments]

    AI Teammates

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 11:37 AM PST

    Whenever I play 3v3 or 4v4 with AI on Hardest, my AI teammates are always terrible. Anyone else experience this? They are always the lowest scores and get overrun with knights on their side.

    submitted by /u/El-Mattador123
    [link] [comments]

    How long you know this game? without saying it.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 01:36 AM PST

    Well I know typing... GL HF eg 6

    submitted by /u/Happy-Consequence607
    [link] [comments]

    Up to date statistics?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 07:24 AM PST

    Hello, I can't seem to find up-to-date stats such as civs winrate, pick percentage, etc ... I don't find anything since the last extension, even on the official website. Whare do you look for stats? For example here: https://www.ageofempires.com/stats/ageiide-global the last civs are just missing.

    submitted by /u/Dull-Fun
    [link] [comments]

    How do you come back from behind?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 06:54 AM PST

    Let's say he feudal attacks me hard and I lose a few vils and a lot of idle time, he reaches castle before me. He's about to flood Knights.

    What do I do?

    submitted by /u/BillQuickGates
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment