• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 2, 2022

    Age of Empires 3 Indonesia revolution experience - side note, Cetbang Cannon is fun

    Age of Empires 3 Indonesia revolution experience - side note, Cetbang Cannon is fun


    Indonesia revolution experience - side note, Cetbang Cannon is fun

    Posted: 02 Jun 2022 12:20 PM PDT

    French noises

    Posted: 02 Jun 2022 01:49 PM PDT

    What makes a fun civ in AoE3? A tale of two asymmetries

    Posted: 02 Jun 2022 12:13 PM PDT

    i am new in this game , how to turn this shxt off ? When i right click my unit to scout and it keep comes out sometimes, super annoying

    Posted: 02 Jun 2022 11:46 AM PDT

    I keep seeing talk about Italy being a defensive civ…

    Posted: 02 Jun 2022 10:46 AM PDT

    But y'all—they can pull a crazy rush, too.

    Age with the towers, put them forward, send architect forward to build a rax. As soon as you age, pay for the foundation and start cranking out musks. Send musks and pavisiers while architect starts building houses or a stable.

    I'd done right, I've got about about 10 guys in their base before 6, 20 around 6:30 and a constant stream thereafter.

    The best part? Even if it fails to knock them out, it will stall them long enough that you can recover your eco.

    Try it out! Anyone else doing an Italy rush BO?

    submitted by /u/pudgy_pudge
    [link] [comments]

    AI on water maps needs to be a priority

    Posted: 02 Jun 2022 05:30 PM PDT

    Right now the only thing bad about this game is AI, I am not talking about making it smarter or harder (which is always nice). But AI on water maps is simply broken. They wont build ships they won't contest water not attack by sea.

    I know the focus of the game seems to be multiplayer but right now people who play vs AI have a ton of maps that are unusable. From the classic ceylon map, to the newest corcega or denmark map. This is content that is nearly unplayable vs AI because it never embark or leave their settlement at all.

    I know that AI programming is hard, but there are mods for AoE3 complete that are way more competent right now. Besides this makes the game feel incomplete.

    Having it build walls would be nice, but at least make the water maps playable.

    submitted by /u/_Sidorovich_
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular Opinion: Team Colour Should be a Mini Map Toggle rather than a Game UI Option

    Posted: 02 Jun 2022 07:53 AM PDT

    How to advance under pressure?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2022 07:22 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I just lost a Ranked Game where I felt there was literally nothing I could do, I was playing vs the US and he advanced to the third age faster than I did, from then he was constantly pressuring me and preventing me from advancing because I had to keep making units to defend myself. Buildings seems to provide little defense when the opponent reaches Age 3, so I couldn't protect myself without spending food.

    Eventually he got to the 4th Age and I said GG. What I noticed is that his base was very small, barely any buildings and I had a villager count lead!!! How is that possible? How was he spamming so many units with less Villagers?? I come from AoE 2 background and I'm having trouble adapting, specially because buildings drop like paper, only civ I can play well enough is Russians because I am usually the one pressuring.

    So, what to do in my situation? I was Malta, I had both Wood & Food, Troop shipments and the infinite 2 Outpost shipment in Age 2.

    submitted by /u/NargWielki
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any mod similar to "Units Cosmetics"

    Posted: 02 Jun 2022 11:08 AM PDT

    Is there any mod similar to "Units Cosmetics"

    Units cosmetics one of the best and high quality mod out there for the game, but some units look too modern for aoe3 timeline, for example british musks and hussars, i think they're look a bit out of place with their WW1 era uniforms

    https://preview.redd.it/erohpcqo09391.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9cc83f3f3b86630ccb7ef579ef690d29ac0ad663

    submitted by /u/Vladick1488
    [link] [comments]

    About fixing scaling infinite shipments in treaty

    Posted: 02 Jun 2022 04:51 PM PDT

    There are a few civs that possess, either a shipment that will send an increasing amount of troops each time you send it, either a shipment that upgrades all your troops each time you send it, either an ability to increase the training cap of a unit each time you send a shipment-receive a shipment.

    Considering the number of subscribers to Jaegerchere, and the amount of treaty games constantly going on the lobby, we must take into account those issues with seriousness.

    This is at the same time a complaint, asking for a nerf, and two questions : is the fun worth the lack of balance of those strategies ? Also, are 5-15 minutes of scaling, where the shipments are still fair and balanced, good enough for those to be considered balanced ?

    Firstly, the big issue. I can't loose with this. USA New York age up Infinite zouave card, can scale very fast, especially because of fast shipment age IV card. They will become 25 zouaves very fast, and from this point it's not winnable anymore.

    I suggest to nerf by capping their amount to 20.

    It is currently totally and undeniably game-breaking and op.

    Secondly, the dutch have a revolt called south Africa, that allows them to use an infinite 5% HP and settler speed shipment.

    Actually to me the card should be entirely deleted. It's not fun at all and Is constantly abused in treaty 60 or treaty 60 High ress games.

    True, it's not that op i treaty 40 because dutch have average units at age V and their pretty bad with their age IV stats you have at the start. So you will get pushed. It also is very boring because when they are also a liability on your team, often enemy will try to delete them asap by all means, going sometimes 2v1, because every minute they are stronger.

    The reason why I also want to delete the card is that letting the villager effect makes them very good on mill (no more walking time) and crashes the game.

    I will go back to the game and study the other scale Infinite shipments, so that we can go through them all. Those were the most op of all. Mayan is not OP but has its problems, i will explain tomorrow. If you know other ones please let me know in the comments.

    submitted by /u/YellowMoonCult
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment