• Breaking News

    Monday, June 6, 2022

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 06 Jun 2022 04:00 AM PDT

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Some more aoe2 fan art I made. Unpacked trebuchet ready for battle.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2022 05:06 AM PDT

    I made a chart showing how different camels perform against a greater number of paladins.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 09:03 PM PDT

    Am I missing something or are Eagles just garbage in Feudal?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2022 04:35 AM PDT

    So,

    I've been playing a lot of Incas lately, because I'm trying to wrap my head around meso civs finally.

    I tried to go eagles in feudal a bunch, but to no avail. I usually play knights and have always sucked with archers, so eagles seemed like the appropriate choice.

    For raiding they seem to be inferior to scouts, I need 2 barracks to match in numbers and they still get to pick their engagements.

    Even though it says on the label that they are strong against archers, with 2(3 after upgrades) pierce armor and a decent movement speed edge, archers still wipe me when microed. I just can't catch them. Feudal archers have a reputation to be rather slow to mass, but eagles are even worse, I would need 4 barracks to match 2 range archers, inconceivable!

    That leaves MAA, which no one plays anyway, and if they did I could just outrun them, so that's nice, I guess.

    So please enlighten me, am I missing something, or should I sideline eagles till castle age, where their build time becomes reasonable, after the upgrade? For now I've found much more success with going archers instead, so at least I'm learning something.

    submitted by /u/DirkDayZSA
    [link] [comments]

    The Hindustani's Caravanserai Building

    Posted: 06 Jun 2022 01:25 AM PDT

    I've noticed a lack of investment behind this building in post-imperial team games. I did a simple test in the editor to see what kind of a difference it makes overall.

    • On a large (8 player) map, a trade cart going from corner to corner with Caravanserai takes 2:02 minutes or 4:04 minutes for a round trip.
    • Under those same conditions without the Caravanserai, it takes a trade cart 2:21 minutes or 4:42 minutes for a round trip.
    • When factoring in the 122 gold both would be bringing home, it works out to be nearly 30 gold per minute vs nearly 26 gold per minute or roughly a 13.5% gold efficiency increase.
    • However, the total invested resources from these Caravanserai is sitting at a staggering 1575 wood and 450 stone for 9 Caravanserai to run from corner to corner. effectively covering the entire trade route.
    • If we were to run with a (frozen) sample market price of 200 gold per 100 stone (assuming players purchase stone for further map control/defenses) and factoring in that 13.5% efficiency increase (roughly 4 GPM), it would take a single trade cart 15 hours and 15 minutes to cover the stone cost alone at the valued market price in this scenario. Even when dividing this time into 30 trade carts you're still looking at 30.5 minutes of in-game time to pass before your investment has paid for itself.

    Conclusion: The Caravanserai's overall cost compared to its efficiency boost doesn't seem to be worth the investment unless if you're expecting the game to go extremely long. Especially when considering how even real estate can become a premium since you're going to need all of the production buildings you can muster late game.

    Note: The statistics captured here is with no congestion or bumping.

    submitted by /u/Dark_Desires115
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: a reminder that armoured and siege elephants mitigate the bonus damage from both castle age camels and eagles. for begali's, completely nullify it. had a number of games now where players continue to spam expensive camels and eagles into siege elephants. when light cav and pikes are good enough

    Posted: 06 Jun 2022 07:31 AM PDT

    This game is so great, had one of the worst days of my life, game started bad and after about an hour where my opponent lost such a game, they simply wrote gg, you are the best.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2022 05:39 AM PDT

    How do you recover from accidentally killing boar with TC?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2022 08:04 AM PDT

    So I played two games in a row, and I lost a boar in both games. In the second game, after the boar got killed by TC, I killed a sheep first, and sent the next vil to hunt another boar (ofc I didn't use TC this time). But I was about a few minutes late in clicking feudal (bcuz I lacked food) and got trushed (tower rush). I couldn't recover from that and called gg.

    Any ideas how to properly recover from losing a boar?

    submitted by /u/Confident_Tap_5489
    [link] [comments]

    Bite-Sized Badhistory: The errors of Age of Empires II, Part One

    Posted: 06 Jun 2022 05:17 AM PDT

    Hard mode AI

    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 07:20 PM PDT

    I've got to say, the devs made the hard AI in this game completely insane. 20+ games and still absolutely no chance.

    I reach feudal / castle before AI, throw 5+ militia early game and completely blockage his gold and wood production, yet AI still manages to throw 20+ trash units at me completely overwhelming anything I put up.

    Where are the resources coming from? (if only that was the issue) the level of microing the AI is able to manage on military units while at the same time paying attention to eco production efficiency just doesn't make sense.

    Maybe i'm dense but no matter what I do, no matter what strategy i use (archer rush, militia rush, scout rush, tower rush) no matter how efficiently I destroy AI economy early game, it ALWAYS comes back.

    Anyway that's it for me with aoe2, i was able to beat moderate so easily every single time to the point where it gets boring. Then you hit hard and its just ludicrous.

    submitted by /u/shedmonday
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment