• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 12, 2022

    Age of Empires II Southern Italy (Late Roman empire)

    Age of Empires II Southern Italy (Late Roman empire)


    Southern Italy (Late Roman empire)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 09:58 AM PDT

    The knowledge is lost forever.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2022 08:29 PM PDT

    Praise to Co-op campaigns

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 11:58 AM PDT

    So good. I was always more interested in skirmish and MP than campaigns even though I played through few of them. Anyway we tried co op campaigns with my friend few weeks ago and we are hooked now. Epic experience. I hope they add more.

    submitted by /u/ipilowe
    [link] [comments]

    I made a Town Center for my new survival world in Minecraft to start out in 1.19

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 01:27 AM PDT

    Why is the ballista elephant your favourite unit?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 10:06 AM PDT

    A true King

    Posted: 11 Jun 2022 02:53 PM PDT

    Announcing Faith of Empires 2! ($130 in prizes, Separate Amateur (<1000 ELO) and Advanced Brackets!)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 10:08 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    Me and SPQR_Brutus are hosting Faith of Empires II, which will be taking place from July 9th-30th.

    Faith of Empires is a 2v2, free to enter, small bracket (8 teams) tournament.

    We've learned a lot from the last FoE and decided to run two parallel brackets. One is a Amateur (<1000 ELO) bracket and the other is an Advanced (<1700 ELO) bracket. Low ELO players who want to face similarly skilled opponents can opt for the Amateur bracket, while those who want a shot at a chance at greater cash prizes can opt into the Advanced Bracket.

    For more information, Check out our Ruleset and Registration .

    For previous FoE games, check out FoE 1 Playlist.

    submitted by /u/SBDRFAITH
    [link] [comments]

    Oasis script needs fixing

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 05:14 PM PDT

    Oasis script needs fixing

    All relics are on the same side

    So my team is red and yellow, other team is green and grey. All relics spawned near their town centers and none on our side

    submitted by /u/suchCurrencyVeryCoin
    [link] [comments]

    Is there no official soundtrack for the civilization themes?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 11:21 AM PDT

    I'd love to have one if it exists but the two soundtracks on spotify don't include them

    submitted by /u/IcyBally
    [link] [comments]

    As far as I got with my Conquerors loading screen mod, quickly realised my Photoshop skills were not good enough to complete it!

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 02:07 PM PDT

    Bruce Shelley helped create Railway Tycoon and Civilization (with Sid Meier of course) for MicroProse and later went on to work on the iconic Age of Empires series. Enjoy this podcast interview with a true retro gaming legend.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 07:23 AM PDT

    Balance for high pop (500) games?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 02:16 PM PDT

    How different will your strategy be when playing a 500 pop game? I've listed some points but I believe there's more.

    1. Gold-heavy unit fall out of favor: there's just not enough gold!
    2. Ranged units (including steppe lance and Kamayuk) are much more favorable
    3. Persia rocks! Elephants are food heavy rather than gold heavy, and trash crossbow can save the day
    4. Wonder victory more viable
    5. Bonus for houses and TCs more favorable
    6. Micro is much more difficult
    submitted by /u/t0rnap0rt
    [link] [comments]

    How do I maintain momentum after a successful Scout Rush?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 12:32 PM PDT

    I feel like I'm getting close to beating the Hard AI - got the scout rush build orders down and have been practicing as Magyars for the free cav attack upgrades.

    In my recent game (against the Hard AI Malians) I made it to Feudal earlier than the AI and hit some of his wood and gold vils. Then I hit Castle much earlier (22 mins vs. 25) and got some knights out, did some more successful raiding, and grabbed 3/5 relics. But then I think I hit a snag in my Castle age eco and didn't get my next 2 TCs out very quickly, and by the time we hit Imperial together (40 mins), he had a massive army of Champions in my base and I didn't have enough Knights to deal with them.

    My question is: what are some good tips to maintain early momentum with a few successful raids and earlier advance times? It's at this point my macro kinda falls apart and I'm either focusing hard on getting armies out or tunnel-visioning into TCs and eco.

    submitted by /u/BlueWaterFangs
    [link] [comments]

    Building TC over farm

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 03:51 PM PDT

    Bengali elephant archers are not as good as it's sold

    Posted: 11 Jun 2022 10:37 PM PDT

    "Elephant units receive 25% less bonus damage"

    The reality is that Bengali elephant archers receive only 12% less bonus damage from skirmishers. Elephant archers get 0 archer armour and -7 cav archer armour, and because of how the game calculate bonus damage, the -7 part will not be affected by the damage reduction bonus:

    • Elite skirms have +4 vs archer and +2 vs cav archer, so without Bengali bonus they do (4-0)+(2-(-7)=13 bonus damage against elephant archer. Against Bengali Elephant archers, they deal 4x0.75=+3 and 2x0.75=+1.5 to the respective armour class, However, they still do (3-0)+(1.5-(-7))=11.5 bonus damage, which is only 11.5% less than original.

    Other units that deals more damage to Bengali Elephant archers include:

    • (Imperial) Skirmishers: +10(+15) against generic, +9(+13) against Bengalis = 10%(13.3%) less bonus damage
    • (Elite) Genitour: +11(+14) against generic, +10(+12.25) against Bengalis = 9.1%(12.5%) less bonus damage
    • (Elite) Camel archer: +11(+13) against generic, +10(+11.5) against Bengalis = 9.1%(11.5%) less bonus damage.

    I know elephant archers are supposed to be countered by skirmishers, but that doesn't justify the fact that the bonus is not working as intended. Or maybe it is intended by the developers, in that case I really hope they reconsider it because Bengalis don't have good answer to skirmishers in castle age other than mangonels.

    Also don't get me started on why elephant archers deal no bonus damage against spearman. Even genitours now get +2 against the pointy boi.

    submitted by /u/html_lmth
    [link] [comments]

    bug: one does not receive an attack notification when attacked by the enemy TC on land nomad

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 05:07 AM PDT

    question about early castle age in ranked 1v1s (around 1100 elo)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 11:45 AM PDT

    Context: I'm around 1100 elo and mostly use m@a's into archers, that's the build order I know best. I almost always dominate in feudal but more than half the time I get rekt in castle, even if I had a big eco lead. I often just get destroyed by knights. Rather than try to solve all the things I'm doing wrong in this post, I'd like to just ask your opinion on one topic. I often make pikes going into early castle when facing knight civs. (along with my archers). But I still somehow get destroyed every time. I just never have enough numbers or take bad fights.

    Question: Is it better to make pikes in early castle when the opponent is going knights or should use that res to I invest in a bigger mass of archers with upgrades, ballistics, etc?

    I'm assuming it depends, but any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Builder_studio
    [link] [comments]

    Most pointless / useless tech?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2022 11:27 PM PDT

    Got me wondering what the most pointless / useless techs there are - and if in fact people do use them or there are benefits. For me it's got to be sappers.

    submitted by /u/deathdisease
    [link] [comments]

    Did I throw this game? (1350 elo on Landmadness)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 05:44 AM PDT

    defended this area for an entire hour against vikings

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 07:31 AM PDT

    defended this area for an entire hour against vikings

    https://preview.redd.it/din55d0sa7591.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f7c1819e1a1b1107b8c2786c8262b0b1dfed7b4

    he used every bloody unit imagineable

    from cav to his berserkers to skirms, to treb massing, literally anything, siege wouldnt work cus id snipe them out.

    i used halbs to meat block and id mass my longbows. i used the splash damage on the trebs to wipe out sitting groups.

    holy moly, if im able to get ahold of a recording i would absolutely put it, editted for the viewing pleasure. my damn, defense god

    submitted by /u/ModellingArtsYT
    [link] [comments]

    Loading into campaign crashes the game

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 10:42 AM PDT

    Trying to load into a scenario in the third Hauteville (Sicilians) campiagn mission, keeps crashing. Loading campaign saves worked fine yesterday. Anyone got any idea if it's fixable? I've taken my time on this scenario, fixed up my macro good and gotten onto the greek mainland to smash some romans, I'd really like to not start over...

    submitted by /u/LordLorck
    [link] [comments]

    Just for theory, what if there was a civ with "Start with one less Villager, but..." as a civ bonus? How would you compensate for starting with 1 less Vil?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2022 12:15 PM PDT

    I imagine no one would ever want this "civ bonus", even if it was something like "start with +100 to all resources, but one less Villager". But just for theory, what would you give to compensate for starting with only 2 Vils instead of 3?

    Vils early are super important because of how many potential resources they can get you, so they're worth much more than just that 50 Food. That's why killing one in Dark or Feudal Age has such a strong impact. Having one less to start with would be an extreme hindrance to your economy and build-up, slowing down your aging up and reaching the resources needed to keep more Villagers coming out constantly, so you'd need a really strong bonus to compensate.

    Again, I do not expect something like this to ever get added. I just wanted to post it in a theoretical sense, so please, no flaming, shaming, downvote spam, etc. Be civil.

    submitted by /u/darkdill
    [link] [comments]

    Everyday my cavalry units wake up and choose

    Posted: 11 Jun 2022 07:58 PM PDT

    Non violence

    submitted by /u/csgonemes1s
    [link] [comments]

    Smartest AI rush

    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 10:05 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment