• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 12, 2019

    Age of Empires II TIL Teutonic Knights are still an active order

    Age of Empires II TIL Teutonic Knights are still an active order


    TIL Teutonic Knights are still an active order

    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 09:55 PM PDT

    Two truths and a lie

    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 10:16 PM PDT

    Post two obscure facts about the game, and one thing that you just made up. See if others can guess which is true or not.

    submitted by /u/StrayChatRDT
    [link] [comments]

    Samurai Archer into infantry

    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 09:51 PM PDT

    Saw that the Bulgarian UU is a stable unit that become an infantry unit after being "dismounted."

    I recall that developers had the same concept with the Samurai. Would be cool if they revisit that. I rarely ever use Samurai when Japanese.

    Having the Samurai Archer would give them more usability in the game. Especially with supplies being a tech on DE, it doesn't make sense to choose Samurai over Japanese champions.

    submitted by /u/enshinjml
    [link] [comments]

    AOE1 scenario

    Posted: 12 Sep 2019 08:32 AM PDT

    Hi. This has been doing my head in for a while and I can't find an answer so thought I'd post it here. I can remember about 20 years ago playing one of the built in custom scenarios on AOE1 where the map was 4v4 and each team's TCs started adjacent to each other. The map was split into 4 quadrants by rivers and each team started in a opposite quadrant. It was always my favourite scenario to play but I can't for the life of me remember what is was called. Does anyone a) remember this, b) know what the map was called and c) know if there is a similar map available in AOE2? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/KilmarnockDave
    [link] [comments]

    How to Make Age of Empires II Start Faster on Voobly - Guide

    Posted: 12 Sep 2019 07:32 AM PDT

    Mods to AOE DE

    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 10:47 PM PDT

    Some days ago, developers said that old mod from previous expansion could be supported by AOE DE version, but the older mod are static, while DE itself is more dynamic, including units movement and building destruction. I doubt the modders can convert them to more dynamic since it more difficult than "just image" one. Some of player also dropped their hope for new civs, including Tibetans.

    submitted by /u/JunnaPalmerston
    [link] [comments]

    How I feel when I finally manage to beat a 1300 noob with my Mangudai spam in Post Imperial

    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    Onagers, Trebuchets, etc. don't destroy trees [256x]

    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 04:58 PM PDT

    I did my first forest nothing w/ 256x playing as Ethiopians. Had to try the nuke. However, sadness struck when I found that I became unable to destroy trees early on in the game. Does anyone know which tech broke it? I could increase range but none of the siege was destroying trees. I forgot to check if siege damaged buildings after the tree problem.

    submitted by /u/BluePanda23055
    [link] [comments]

    Stats bottom right won’t show (I’ve tried every common fix, need help)

    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 05:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys!

    So I got back into the game we all love, and couldn't wait to get into a game after finding my USB with aoe2+c on it. Sadly, when I got all the setup completed and launched the game, there is no statistics on the bottom right. Now I know this is normally F4. I've done quite a bit of research into what it could be, but can't for the life of me find one other person who's experienced this problem (or have but its buried in the net). I've also tried switching resolutions, as one guy had mentioned if he went with the middle resolution setting, it would show up. I've also considered the thought of missing a file (weird as it may be) so I found a secondary source and cracked / patched it. Both times, start a game. Make sure my settings are good, and go to look at the score and see absolutely nothing.

    I'm hoping someone has even a vague idea so I have somewhere to go to for a solution, as I'm at a stalemate and don't have any other options, other than finding my buried CD somewhere.

    Tl;Dr I hope someone can throw some new ideas at me to fix this. I will suck it up and buy the HD remastered if need be, but I KNOW I've played this cracked before with no issues whatsoever.

    submitted by /u/itzHyfy
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to remember the name of this old game variant on original AOE2. You're my only hope.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    I think it was a Blood style game but not sure of the name. The map was on water and there was an octagon shaped island in the middle. Each player had a peninsula off each flat edge of the octagon and players spawned from the tower. Each player also had an island where you could select what soldier you wanted to spawn on the main island. When you got up high enough you reached heroes and I am pretty sure the final one was Genghis Khan who just cleaned up. You got a villager after a while too. I've been looking for a while and even checked the site with a list of like 3,000 old AOE2 custom modes but none of the names popped out to me. Can't find an image that shows it accurately either. Come on internet you can do it.

    This is what I am looking for - https://imgur.com/a/rK0MV0L

    submitted by /u/DuckDuckBuck
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment