• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 7, 2019

    Age of Empires II ALL NEW Civilizations In AoE2 Definitive Edition! (Hera does a quick 25min breakdown of all 4 new civs )

    Age of Empires II ALL NEW Civilizations In AoE2 Definitive Edition! (Hera does a quick 25min breakdown of all 4 new civs )


    ALL NEW Civilizations In AoE2 Definitive Edition! (Hera does a quick 25min breakdown of all 4 new civs )

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 01:15 AM PST

    When Daut builds two towncentres in Feudal Age

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 05:25 PM PST

    Cumans Overview AoE2DE by TheViper

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 12:14 AM PST

    AOE2:DE Lithuanians Civ Overview by The Viper

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 05:56 AM PST

    Age of Empires on Twitter: "AoE II: DE is certainly in the spotlight this week, but we haven't forgotten about all the AoM fans out there!"

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 10:15 PM PST

    60k population!

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 02:15 PM PST

    60,000 subscribers!

    10,000 added in less than six months!

    Exciting times ahead, especially with the release of AoE 2 DE next week!

    submitted by /u/_Telkine
    [link] [comments]

    Spirit of the law: Gold sources

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 10:48 AM PST

    Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition New Civs

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 06:12 PM PST

    The day has come when information can spread more readily to the masses. Many people are streaming AoE2DE on Twitch/Mixer and I figured I'd screenshot the civs for all of you. I'll try to update the newest content and it here; leave a comment if there is anything I should add.

    What do you think of the bonuses? Any cool strategies you want to try?

    Bulgarians:

    T90 first-look video

    TheViper first-look video

    Cumans:

    TheViper first-look video

    Lithuanians:

    Tartars:

    Ornlu tier list

    submitted by /u/ColinFan12
    [link] [comments]

    DE graphics

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 06:07 AM PST

    Anyone else not a fan? The drawings are great, but to me it feels there's some kind of glossy filter over everything. It makes things harder to differentiate and it feels like a big downgrade from the regular game. I remember disliking AoM for the same reason even back in the day. Anyone else?

    Graphics experts, do you think that'll be fixable/modable?

    submitted by /u/winterbike
    [link] [comments]

    T90 Bulgarians Overview

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 04:11 PM PST

    Can someone explain all the lingo people use here?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 06:48 AM PST

    I haven't played this game since I was in elementary school back in like, 2006, and I recently bought the HD/definitive bundle. I see people say stuff like "tower rush", "death ball", and other phrases. If anyone could list the common phrases and their definitions that'd be great.

    Also, any good strategy tutorials would also be nice, cause I suck ass at this game lol

    submitted by /u/-AestheticsOfHate-
    [link] [comments]

    Impressions about the Age of Empires II - Definitive Edition

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 06:47 AM PST

    - The new civs are OP so far;

    - The new features (number of vills in the resources, the queue, the reseed of the farms, etc) are very good;

    - But there aren't color and shine. Besides that, i coudn't differentiate the units when all togetter. They seems equals. It was very disappointed.

    What did you think?

    submitted by /u/LioValiant
    [link] [comments]

    Bert Beeckman's claims on the hardest AI (Source- eurogamer.net)

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 01:46 AM PST

    Personally excited for AoE2:DE, though I hope the AI would be as good as Bert Beeckman (co-founder of Forgotten Empires) claims it to be. I'll be picking up the game mainly for single player and do not intend to touch multiplayer, as I doubt I'll get a satisfactory experience in my region.

    Source- https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-26-age-of-empires-2-definitive-edition-looks-great-but-still-has-to-compete-against-itself

    Bert Beeckman: "If you put one AI, non-cheating, of the Definitive Edition version against seven of the original that do cheat, it just wipes the floor with them. No problem. Every time. So that's the kind of level we were aiming for here... the new AI is so good that you can watch replays of it to actually learn how to play the game, because it plays the game correctly now... it tries to follow the competitive meta - on the highest [difficulty] level - because we have 20 years of pro players doing tournaments and we tried to get that in the AI as well."

    submitted by /u/TIG3R626
    [link] [comments]

    DE Mod Manager

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 05:40 PM PST

    Are Tatars the new meta?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 07:14 AM PST

    Just seen ZeroEmpires video on Steppe Lancers...looks like we have a new meta in da aoe house!

    submitted by /u/MoVoner12
    [link] [comments]

    Advice: Upgrading my gaming laptop components for DE

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 07:09 AM PST

    I don't know much about computers and with DE coming out, I need help figuring out how to upgrade my laptop in order to make sure I can run DE. I was on the beta and there were a handful of instances where I didn't meet the benchmark requirement to play multiplayer.

    My specs are the following: Razer Blade 15 60 Hz 8tj gen Intel core i7-8750H 6 core NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD + 2TB HDD

    What's the most efficient and cost effective way to upgrade my specs so it'll run DE multiplayer without a hiccup?

    Is there a place I can take my laptop to in order to do this? Like Best Buy?

    Thanks for all of the help!

    submitted by /u/enshinjml
    [link] [comments]

    Oh hey, this ain't El Dorado!

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 08:29 PM PST

    AOE2HD Edit Campaign Scenarios

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 04:41 AM PST

    Hey folks,

    Sorry if this is a dumb question, I promise I did some homework before posting here.. So as the title says, I am trying to edit some of the campaigns for HD Edition (steam).

    Found this tool I am sure most of you are familiar with, AOK Campaign Manager from AOK Heaven - basically perfect.. Allows you to extract the maps and edit them, you can see the triggers and stuff, its really cool. I should imagine it will work on the physical copy I own (I have no disc drive anymore though) and it works on the version of AOE 1 I have.

    The issue appears to be that the folder to where the campaigns are kept is empty on my computer. On other peoples I have seen the campaigns located in Age2HD/Campaign

    where as my path is like this:

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\resources\_common\campaign

    and contains nothing whatsoever. I could only find little bits like sound files and AI control.

    I come to Reddit in the hope that some of you have been able to sort this out or make this tool work with Windows 10, latest steam version.

    Thanks and kind regards,

    DCA

    p.s. I have been on the Steam Workshop and found some that people have uploaded, but i'd still like to be able to mess with this myself. steamid: torsocks

    submitted by /u/DeathCubeA
    [link] [comments]

    New Pachacuti campaign in DE?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 06:32 AM PST

    In AOE2:DE there seems to be a new campaign for the Incas, Pachacuti, while El Dorado is missing.

    submitted by /u/APFSDS-T
    [link] [comments]

    AoE2DE: GamerZakh shows early gameplay from full game

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 10:59 PM PST

    https://youtu.be/-q2tzNo8rp4

    It's not the beta and his got more on his channel with the new advanced tutorials and stuff, pretty good stuff, I liked what I saw!

    submitted by /u/tnt_pde
    [link] [comments]

    How to make a working kill count system?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 06:27 AM PST

    Hi, I'm working on a scenario where the players get 5 gold for every kill. How do I make a trigger(s) that accomplishes this?

    submitted by /u/Polypana
    [link] [comments]

    aoe2 de blurry to anyone?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 10:39 PM PST

    I'm watching t90 stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/504886025 at 47:43 mark and I have to say it looks blurry as hell. I'm watching on stream source res. I know streaming might degrade the quality but aoe2:hd / voobly looks crisp whereas this new de version looks like everything is out of focus. . Anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/b2b2aoe2
    [link] [comments]

    de QoL

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 10:37 PM PST

    Is it possible to change the size of health boxes and also is it possible to optionally remove the black border that goes around those health boxes? or at least change the thickness of it?

    submitted by /u/b2b2aoe2
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with all the DE videos?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 06:40 PM PST

    Did the NDA run out? Or did they send out review copies to a few prominent streamers / YouTubers?

    submitted by /u/randomfluffypup
    [link] [comments]

    All the games will let you have a single meta profile, with the goal being to foster one big online community across the series

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 11:02 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment