• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 30, 2019

    Age of Empires II It's midnight, I probably could squeeze in another game before bed...

    Age of Empires II It's midnight, I probably could squeeze in another game before bed...


    It's midnight, I probably could squeeze in another game before bed...

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 12:10 AM PST

    Wholesome tinder

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 01:51 PM PST

    Just what i need before the game.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:02 AM PST

    Just want to shoutout Lirik, Waffle, and Shorty.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:36 AM PST

    The last time I played aoe2 was probably 20 years ago and seeing them enjoy DE so much was an instant purchase. I forgot how fun this game was!

    submitted by /u/jetlifemanuva
    [link] [comments]

    A different community

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:25 PM PST

    "OK Boomer" means something very different to us

    submitted by /u/aeller41
    [link] [comments]

    Just played against AI and saw this near his base, feels bad man

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 02:00 PM PST

    By far my most organised and effective army. Had over 2000 Kills by the end of the game. Loving AoE 2: DE!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 03:25 PM PST

    Guy Heaven

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 02:14 PM PST

    Mayans vs goths

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:42 AM PST

    I try to punish them for no early eco bonus. I build archers into fast castle. But he goes fast castle, maybe 17-18 min and builds 3 tc. So I can barely do any dmg when all his vils are straight under his tc. I just idle them for a sec then they go back. Anyway, I get to castle age too around 22-23 min. Usually ahead at this point with 500-700 score. Still cant do game winning dmg, and they just have to survive til imperial. Which they easily do. I can either go into TC too, waaay later than him and play into behind til goth superior late game, or try to do more dmg. But I only have like 8 mins to end him before his 3TC eco gets ahead.

    (I could directly FC too, but what unit do I build then? He gets huskarls, I have nothing to fight it.)

    But I can't. One onager under TC can stop anything I throw at him. So I need new units. I can get my own siege, but it's slow to get and onager under tc with vils to repair easily wins. Rams, absolutely not. I can spend my money upgrading eagle warriors, but they are super unuseful for basically anything but kill onagers and raiding. Also it's a tech switch into infantry with very high costs. And as I'm trying to do dmg he gets closer and closer to champion huskarl combo which eagles will be useless against. I can try get plumes, but it's so slow to get he can mass huskarls by then. I can try to go two handed swordsman..again coslty tech switch into a very bad unit which gets crushed by champions. Late, it seems like I have to invest into more tech to still be worse off, and I have no trash unit I can use, while he has skirms if I decided to go archer. I DONT HAVE THE GOLD

    EDIT: One more thing. People usually says "but goth has bad eco" The thing is, mayans eco bonus is not beneficial in the time window they need to hurt goths.

    submitted by /u/gymceII
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to build sea walls in the editor?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:17 AM PST

    I saw them in the 3rd campaign of Attila, the byzantines had them.

    Is there a way to build sea walls in/with the editor?

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite campaign?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 09:17 PM PST

    What's everyone's favourite campaign from AoE2?

    Personally I love and have always loved the Huns campaign. The missions feel super well designed, there's definitely a decent level of difficulty to them, each scenario feels different enough and yet thematically similar and I'm pretty sure it was the first campaign I ever played through so there's probably some nostalgia bias here too.

    I'm excited to try the new ones soon though.

    submitted by /u/ShadowCrystallux
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to decide which civilization I should play

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:11 AM PST

    When I played age of conquerors I used to love playing the mongols. I really like Cavalry Archers.

    I was wondering which civilizations are the best cavalry archers users / noob friendly (I'm pretty bad at the game ) ?

    submitted by /u/Hiruga
    [link] [comments]

    Lirik doing a wolf rush by accident

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 03:16 PM PST

    How do i signal Allies to attack? (Campaign)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:47 AM PST

    Hello friends.

    I am playing AOE2 DE (and loving it) but i am with a small problem. In the 4th scenario of Aleric campaign i have to signal my allies (goths) to attack the enemy but i cant do it. I already tried to click in the signal button in the enemy, in the goths army... also tried the chat command but nothing.

    Any help? Thanks

    submitted by /u/NaoTeEnerves
    [link] [comments]

    Which possible buff does not break the gameplay of Turks?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:25 AM PST

    There are lots of people wish buffs for Turks, Khmers, Vietnamese, or etc.. Some of them seems feasible but pro or decent gamers says that it breaks gameplay or make them OP. Some of them seem good but actually useless. I have not played as Vietnamese or Khmers very much, that's why i don't know what they lack. For Turks;

    1- Onager upgrade,

    2- Artillery affecting Mangos (7+2 range),

    3- Sipahi affecting Hussars (may include LC or not) (+20 HP).

    Turks are worst in trash wars. I thought "one" of these techs may make them better a little, not make a huge difference. What are your opinions?

    submitted by /u/ozz9742
    [link] [comments]

    DE - options for military units are missing

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:14 AM PST

    So I've somehow managed to turn off the options for military units like patrol, formation and so on. Apparently in older versions of AOE2 there was a button close to the minimap to toggle this. This button does not seem to exist anymore. Can anyone help me to get my unit options back? I searched through the whole options menu and even reinstalled the game...

    submitted by /u/Gigazwiebel
    [link] [comments]

    Just a lonely aoe 2 de player

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:58 AM PST

    Hey guys, Im looking for some friends to play the new aoe with, since i have no friends... Im German and i dont play that competitive even im trying to improve, im not that good tbh.

    So im looking for some nice players to game with! :)

    submitted by /u/FrodeSven
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: You can now search up players beyond rank 100 for their elo on aoe2.net which is great to find out if you have bad/good players in TGs or lobby browser

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:45 AM PST

    Straw Poll, Do You Prefer To Play MP or SP in AoE2?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:09 AM PST

    Full desktop mode?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:06 AM PST

    Hi guys, I can't seem to get full desktop mode to work on DE.

    Just installed a second 2k monitor today. When I booted up the game for the first time after that, it showed up on one of my screens in clearly full desktop mode (I could only see half the main menu and intro video). It showed 5120 x 1440 as the resolution in options. But I couldn't get the second screen to show.

    I switched it to windowed mode temporarily and then tried to flip it back to full desktop but now it only shows on one monitor at 2560 x 1440 - no dual screen.

    What am I missing? Is there a technical requirement I need to meet for full desktop?

    I have a 1060 6gb in my rig though I ordered an RX 5700 the other day so I can set up FreeSync, that card arrives tomorrow. Not sure if that makes any difference (either the card itself or the FreeSync ability)

    Also worth noting that the 1060 has one HDMI and one DP. Don't know if that makes a difference either. RX 5700 has triple DP.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/FearTheGoat
    [link] [comments]

    Full desktop mode in graphics settings?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:00 AM PST

    From the option help it makes it sound like you can do multi-monitor with "Full Desktop" selected if the monitors are of the same vertical height.

    But it works almost the same as the fullscreen with the same resolutions.

    submitted by /u/bctoy
    [link] [comments]

    Insta resign with Cumans

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:03 AM PST

    So some friends and I were playing team games last night, and after a couple of games in which we lost to steppe lancers, my friends started insta resigning in every game the enemy took Cumans. It made me wonder if more people are doing the same? Most people I know feel picking Cummins is cheesing a victory and feels like its cheating, and I often feel sad when I get the civ, I actually apologize to my opponent. I know the idea behind making the new Civs OP was to encourage people to play with them more, however, I feel that argument does not hold true in 2019. Technically this is the 4th expansion forgotten empires have given us, and we are very used to having new Civs now. Sure when people were sticking with AOC on Voobly without Wololo Kingdoms and refusing to play new Civs it made some sense. Now, however, most people who are still sticking with Voobly are those who don't have machines capable of running de smoothly. Cumans are single-handedly driving players away from DE though. The idea that anyone will enjoy playing Cumans because they are OP has backfired hard. Pro players mumble that VIVI is on top of the ladder coz he picks Cumans, a cheat Civ, that him being on top of the ladder does not even count. We need a insta patch to prevent insta resigns. Please devs! Save us!!

    submitted by /u/bombaygypsy
    [link] [comments]

    I topplo'd myself while learning how to macro better.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:36 AM PST

    Mangonels

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 12:05 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment