• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 23, 2020

    Age of Empires II "first 6 villagers on food"

    Age of Empires II "first 6 villagers on food"


    "first 6 villagers on food"

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 05:22 AM PST

    In-depth analysis of Archers (vs Archers)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 03:34 AM PST

    Population efficiency: how good is the unit at killing another unit (cost ignored)

    Gold efficiency: how good is the unit at killing other units (cost accounted for; food traded for gold at a bottomed-out market)

    Cost efficiency: how good is the unit at killing other units (cost accounted for; gold is not scarce (i.e. gold is as valuable as food))


    Skirms

    Skirm pop efficiency: https://i.imgur.com/pEFpOjo.png

    Skirm cost efficiency: https://i.imgur.com/for8WAq.png

    Skirm gold efficiency: https://i.imgur.com/IDaMRae.png

    pop efficiency: turk e genitour > e genitour > viet i skirm > i skirm > e skirm

    cost/gold efficiency: turk e genitour > viet/byz i skirm > e genitour > i skirm > e skirm


    Archers

    While these calculations do take into account accuracy, the calculations don't take into account damage done by missed arrows (missed arrows deal full damage if they happen to hit the intended target, and half damage if they hit another target (and zero damage if they hit nothing... obviously)).

    This means that arambai, longbows, and gunpowder units would perform better than the tables suggest. A degree of inaccuracy might even be a good thing when firing with a group of units at a group of units (because of overkill).

    Archer pop efficiency: https://i.imgur.com/4OX3n7Z.png

    Archer cost efficiency: https://i.imgur.com/G1iJq9t.png

    Archer gold efficiency: https://i.imgur.com/AThkqDn.png

    pop efficiency: HCA > arb > hand cannon

    HCA pop efficiency: turk HCA > tatar HCA > magyar HCA > HCA > mongol HCA > viet HCA > hun HCA

    arb pop efficiency: ethiopian arb > italian arb = viet arb > arb

    HC pop efficiency: turk HC > spanish HC > HC

    .

    HCA gold efficiency: turk HCA > tatar HCA > magyar HCA = HCA > viet HCA > mongol HCA = hun HCA

    A lack of guilds hurts a lot (e.g. for mongols and for huns).

    arb gold effiency: persian xbow > mayan arb > ethiopian arb > italian arb = viet arb > arb

    HC gold effiency: turk HC > italian HC > spanish HC > HC

    UUs

    UU pop effiency: ele archer > war wagon > rattan > camel archer > mangudai > conq > geno xbow > kipchak > plume > chu ko nu > arambai > longbow > jani > slinger

    UU gold efficiency: ele archer > war wagon > rattan > camel archer > geno xbow > kipchak > plume > mangudai > conq > chu ko nu > longbow > arambai > slinger > jani


    Full table

    Full pop efficiency: https://i.imgur.com/ts0Z7eA.png

    Full cost efficiency: https://i.imgur.com/7QdhdIy.png

    Full gold efficiency: https://i.imgur.com/OoO1UH7.png

    submitted by /u/slothismysin
    [link] [comments]

    Ranked queue - Maps pool survey

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:39 AM PST

    Don’t forget!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:54 AM PST

    Keep exploring the map!

    submitted by /u/Puriwara
    [link] [comments]

    Best siege for Slavs?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 04:03 AM PST

    I find my biggest weakness as a Slav player is archers. What would work better to counter them? Onagers or scorpions?

    Also is researching the champion line worth it, or should I stick to a long swordsman (at best) then transition to pikes and boyars?

    Are skirmishes worth it for Slavs?

    submitted by /u/Seedy_Melon
    [link] [comments]

    Are these wolves hungry or wha?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:17 AM PST

    1v2 civ ideas

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 05:11 AM PST

    Hey guys I'm playing with my friends and we are doing 1v2s recently with me being on the solo team. I'm determined to win and unsure which civ I should go to have the best chance and maybe a map recommendation too would be cool. The team of 2 is not allowed to trade and we play on explored

    submitted by /u/oPenguinss
    [link] [comments]

    What composition do you use on Team Islands in a team game?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 04:52 AM PST

    I am mostly a land map player and not so experienced on water maps. So when I play team Islands in a team game I always wonder if it is better if one player goes for Galleons and the other for Fires (similar to land maps) or if just both players should go Galleons in castle age because they are stronger? And should both player open Fires in feudal age or should one go Galleys? And what do you do then in a 3v3 or 4v4?

    submitted by /u/Terzdezime
    [link] [comments]

    A reminder to everyone that a lot of players (including me and my family) still have this issue and can't play the game.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 12:21 PM PST

    Question on Magyars UU

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:57 AM PST

    What is it for ? it is a trash unit (if we research the imperial tech) and a good one i guess but the ennemy has just to mass so hallbardiers ? so whats the point explain it to me guys plz bc i kinda like this civilization

    submitted by /u/kaizokudz
    [link] [comments]

    Beware of cheater in AOE 2 DE, extra villagers out of nowhere

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 07:36 AM PST

    How is the ping when playing Online Steam from Australia?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 06:05 PM PST

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Linkarus
    [link] [comments]

    ELO Comparision (DE/Voobly/HD)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:30 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    Apologies if this has been asked before, but have people devised a DE to Voobly ELO rating? HD was known to be roughly 600 ELO inflated over Voobly - so if you were a 2k HD player, you were 1600 on Voobly. What about DE? Is 1600 Voobly simply 1000 DE?
    Also, there are roughly ~20k ranked players on DE, which is quite low for a ranked ladder, but does anyone know how much Voobly had at its peak?
    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/AgeofNoob
    [link] [comments]

    Cumans Fast Castle Semi Boom + Knights on Steppe! (Ranked 2v2 Match)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:02 AM PST

    I like Cavalry Archers and Hussars, which civ is for me?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 10:54 AM PST

    I am playing Tatars because their unique tech gives both of these units extra armor.

    Which other civ would be good if I like these two units?

    submitted by /u/Sneezes
    [link] [comments]

    I try to understand the elo system...

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 04:22 AM PST

    I try to understand the elo system...

    , but I don't get it.

    I play(ed) chess in the (low) competitive scene, so I totally know how ELO system (should) work.

    Won this game vs this person, who had 101 more ELO-points and it was the first time that I beat someone, who has more than 1200 Elo points.... So I was very proud of me, but when I saw it after the game I was a bit pissed. Why did I get just +16 points? I get this every time I play a game vs someone with the same elo...

    https://preview.redd.it/jcihfbrj2oi41.png?width=776&format=png&auto=webp&s=c296c8d869fc0638cbdbbe21463f26c7d78b1ac8

    I also won the game before, which was yesterday and before that, my last game was 2 days ago... So it cannot be sth that it showed me a wrong ELO the games before or sth like that...

    I know this was just his/her 12th ranked game, but this should not be the point for me. Also this person lost 31 points in that game....

    Maybe someone can explain it to me... I don't get it.....

    submitted by /u/echtschade
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a mod to add more sparks into the start menu?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:33 AM PST

    Let's be honest, pushing them around with the mouse is the best part of the game. I want more sparks, but i can't find a mod. Do you know one?

    submitted by /u/KlytosBluesClues
    [link] [comments]

    Ballistics - Thumb ring

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 05:40 PM PST

    Can someone help me understand the difference between the 2? It reads to me as each provided accuracy. So do you need both if you already upgraded one?

    submitted by /u/Inception85x
    [link] [comments]

    Mod to list current map name?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 10:19 PM PST

    Is there a mod (or a setting I am missing) to list the current map name, preferably some where around the mini map. I know I can look in the game info menu to double check but I would like to have it visible and not stashed in a menu.

    submitted by /u/maxinfet
    [link] [comments]

    Game stuttering every other second in multiplayer?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:40 AM PST

    Is anybody else having an issue when playing multiplayer where every other second the game will freeze/stutter? It's basically making the game unplayable for me and killing all my motivation to keep playing. I know it's not my FPS as the Steam FPS counter is staying at a continuous 120.

    submitted by /u/QuestItem
    [link] [comments]

    one man army / and another one 11

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 09:06 AM PST

    Art of War Fast Castle Age Gold Not Possible?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 05:59 PM PST

    Is there some sort of bug(s) in the current build making getting gold impossible for Art of War's Fast Castle Age? It sure seems like they don't give you anywhere near enough time. Following the prompts exactly and still don't even come close. I either never have enough food to hit Castle Age or the buildings aren't ready before the timer runs out on gold. I've gotten gold on all the other challenges.

    The prompts also tell you to go get a boar while sheep are still up and in some cases decaying, which seems counter intuitive to me. Either that or you have your shepherds standing around doing nothing while they wait for the boar to come back to the TC.

    submitted by /u/zerkrazus
    [link] [comments]

    Maps rotation in aoe2:DE Ranked Ladder.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:34 AM PST

    Will the map rotation of the Ladder maps ever change? Or we Will stick with those 8 maps forever?

    submitted by /u/HoUaPo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment