• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 25, 2020

    Age of Empires 3 Quarantine, Day 7: Cleared the Map on the "Fountain of Youth"

    Age of Empires 3 Quarantine, Day 7: Cleared the Map on the "Fountain of Youth"


    Quarantine, Day 7: Cleared the Map on the "Fountain of Youth"

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    Multiplayer game study

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 01:03 AM PDT

    Hello! I'm Marc from the University of Bern. I'm a gamer and esports athlete, playing Smash Bros. Ultimate locally, and I'm currently working on my master thesis. I made a survey with a small online game and some questions and I would like to survey people who play multiplayer games. The survey takes about 15 to 20 minutes to complete. It is anonymous, and we cannot track any of your data back to you. If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, please DM me! Also feel free to forward this link to anyone who plays multiplayer games.

    Link to the survey: https://psychkonstanz.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2617Cx5h4prtOJf

    Thank you for participating and advancing the awareness of esports in the scientific community!

    submitted by /u/TheDJAB
    [link] [comments]

    Historical campaign ideas

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    One way thar AoE III departs from the previous two is that the campaigns are more fictionalized and less grounded in history. If you were given the task of creating historical campaigns for AoE III like the other two, which wars/events/etc. would you cover?

    For North America, I think a French and Indian War campaign seems obvious. They don't have civs outside the WoL mod but I think revolutionary campaigns based on Touissant L'Ouverture and Simon Bolivar would have been cool.

    A number of conflicts come to mind for Europe: the Dutch Wars of Independence, Thirty Years War, War of Spanish Succession, Seven Years War, the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, Crimean if we want to push the bounds of the game time period.

    A lot of potential for Africa and Middle East, the Ottoman Empire in particular fought a large number of conflicts with some of the other AoE III civs in the Eastern Mediterranean, Black Sea, and Indian Ocean basins.

    Lots of potential for Asia campaigns with the Europe civs when you add in the Asian Dynasties civs (like India theater of Seven Years War, Portuguese exploration of Japan, Qing Dynasty vs. European powers, etc.)

    submitted by /u/DerErdkundeMeister
    [link] [comments]

    Online multiplayer possible?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    I've got 3 people who want to play on Mac computers and 1 person on a PC. Can we play online multiplayer (we're not in the same cities) in any way? Background- this game is a childhood memory that I want to rekindle if possible.

    submitted by /u/captaindanny10
    [link] [comments]

    Do we really need a remaster?? I don't think so...

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    So, the game is balanced... active. graphics still look nice.
    besides, OE4 going out this year.

    so what's missing?

    what we should expect from the remastered edition? better graphics? who cares?

    submitted by /u/colamonkey
    [link] [comments]

    The OP Myth

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    I just played another game where the opponent blamed their loss on having Japan as an enemy. The rival team had Aztec, Sioux and Portuguese on their side. I expected a pretty strong rush, especially given the native civs. I was wrong. They never even once tried to raid, let alone rush, despite the multiple powerful units and advantages at their disposal. My teammates who used British and Dutch did as much fighting as I did as Japan, we simply established an FB first and attack first, that's all. I asked why they (the enemy) didn't try to raid or rush sooner, I received no reply.

    I get it, Gendarmes are incredibly strong. Oprichnik boxes are really annoying. Moving barracks that enhance nearby units and can drop ship deadly mercenary armies are a pain in the ass. But you know what else is annoying? Abus guns in age 2. Uhlan being handed over with every shipment for basically easy raids. An age 2 fort available to Indians. Portuguese water booming. China basically getting any army factory in age 2. I could go on, but I think you get my point. And yes, while any of the above have counters, that's also the point. Most of the time I get told my Japanese civ is too strong, no offense, but it's by someone doing something silly, like spamming Hussars against Samurai (I'm not joking).

    I've lost to superior opponents who have used every other civ possible, and I had to admit they were the better player, not stomp my feet at how unfair it was that they had x unit, or whatever. Furtherfmore, it's frustrating to play as one of the so-called "OP" civs, win fair-and-square, and then be told you only won because your civ is OP. It's a great way to shirk responsibility for a loss ("I lost because they used a powerful civ, not because they were better!") while also not acknowledging that maybe, the opponent was just more skilled. I used to be incredibly bad at this game, and was basically useless. I put a lot of time, effort and practice into getting better because I'd suffered such humiliating defeat. I'm not even that strong now, but I definitely made progress, the civ I chose didn't magically make me a better player. It's also seriously amusing to me when people try to break up "OP civs" in a team game lobby, because they think a level 10 with a 45% win rate is going to play at the same level as a 2nd lieutenant with a 60% win rate, all because they both chose France.

    tl;dr civs are only as good as their users, and a great player can do well with just about any of them.

    submitted by /u/jazzmaster1992
    [link] [comments]

    Are the british musks really the strongest musk in the game?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    A lot of people claim british musks are the best because of AA, home city cards and church upgrade(which is very controversial anyways). But today I realized while french and spanish get +%30 hp and damage from guard musketters upgrade, british musks get only +%10 hp and damage from life guard upgrade. It is also more expensive for british to upgrade its units. Same goes for hussars. Am I missing a point?

    submitted by /u/WarnWarmWorm
    [link] [comments]

    Hello I sent someone my aoe 3 registry file. because It can create multiple accounts. Can they steal something from me with that registry file?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Title. I'm looking for answer but I can't find any online

    submitted by /u/Kys_kid_hehexd
    [link] [comments]

    How to make game look better?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    I was watching Samurai Revolution's gameplay and I couldn't help but notice that his game looks so much better than mine graphically. Are there Mods to make my game look better?

    submitted by /u/JSchultzJR
    [link] [comments]

    Aoe3: wars of liberty

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 05:50 AM PDT

    After playing Aoe3 asian dynasties for a while i tried this new mod that seems really cool, but i don't know the power level of all civs in each strategy. So can any of you maybe sort out your top 5 civs you think are strong in each strategy (water boom, rush, turtle, ff...)

    submitted by /u/69kurcina69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment