• Breaking News

    Friday, July 31, 2020

    Age of Empires II Did you know that the building icons in Age of Empires II have the Windows XP default wallpaper as the background?

    Age of Empires II Did you know that the building icons in Age of Empires II have the Windows XP default wallpaper as the background?


    Did you know that the building icons in Age of Empires II have the Windows XP default wallpaper as the background?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    It do be like that

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Eco goes brr brr

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    Just tried multiplayer... didn't go well

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    New License Plate

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    Dear Developers. Please enable the option to disable double-clicking villagers

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    Sincerely,

    An angry gamer 1 hour and 30 minutes into the game.

    submitted by /u/Guanfranco
    [link] [comments]

    What's the meta for Battle Elephants?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    What's the current meta for battle elephants? I'm trying out the South Asian civs and I'm tempted to build my army composition around the elephants, but I'm not really sure how and where they fit in.

    They're tanky but not as tanky as the Persian war elephant and are quite susceptible to halbs and monks. They're fairly resource intensive and lack mobility.

    So: 1) How and in what situations do people generally use them? 2) What are the viable army compositions for them? 3) How does it compare to the knight line?

    submitted by /u/sandyqbg
    [link] [comments]

    Help a noob - Castle age

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    Hi guys! I've recently come back to AOE after a 10 years pause. Got into DE and been watching some YT videos like Spirit of the Law and Hera. After losing several online matches, I set myself to the task of defeating the Hard AI.

    I feel I've got a good grasp of DA build orders, and can reasonably push some Feudal raiding with 5 - 7 units (be it m@a or archers), while somewhat avoiding idle TC/villagers.

    My issue is mainly in Castle Age. This is when I lose momentum and start to fall behind. Between 3 TC booming, caring for unit, blacksmith and University upgrades, pushing for the relic war, building siege, castle and additional military buildings, 5 minutes have passed and my opponent is well back on his feet. My army usually ends up growing but idle, and when I try to use it, my opponent has already massed counters.

    There on, everything goes downhill. I find it hard to addapt and respond, and find myself quickly overwhelmed.

    Is there any tip, guide or advice specifically regarding to castle age you can give me?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Nanocb
    [link] [comments]

    Is mass HCs a viable strategy and if so how do you protect them from skirms?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    I used to play Aztecs but one of my friends now always plays Teutons and destroys me. I was thinking something like Japanese to have good halbs counter his cav and HCs against Teutonic Knights. Any other recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Acrobatic-Monitor118
    [link] [comments]

    The constant multiplayer disconnections are making this game unplayable

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 01:26 AM PDT

    Almost 50% of all multiplayer games I play have someone desync within the first 20 minutes, which causes everyone else to call gg. It's unclear if this a server issue or people's games keep crashing. But regardless, it is at the point where multiplayer has become genuinely unplayable. Although I appreciate the devs for working on balance/gameplay changes if the game simply doesn't work half the time, what's the point?

    submitted by /u/IndubitablyGoodSir
    [link] [comments]

    Hey voobly players! Who are in to organise a little tournament for newbies, where we will play 2v2 but co-op? (Which means 2 people will control the same player) Comment down below!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    Forward MBL Vululu Defense

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Kinda interesting that The Forgotten Expansion pulled from AoM and AoE3 in adding some new econ upgrades.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 12:37 AM PDT

    i.e.

    Hunting Dogs was a dark age tech for a while, and Gill nets is an AoE3 tech. (and AoM had some fishing upgrades as well.

    Cutting hunting dogs is for the best, given how weird it was, but I really like gillnets as a way to add an upgrade to fish trapping.

    submitted by /u/sawbladex
    [link] [comments]

    We wrecked all 4 opponents bases with this combo. A thing of beauty.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Reviving a stream

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    Sorry in advance for posting this.

    I have been streaming on Mixer for nearly one year, with some success (considering I've only played a fairly small game on a fairly small platform). Just as I was about to reach 200 followers it was announced that Mixer was shutting down.

    After Mixer died I feel like I lost a lot of steam, my regular viewers came along but mostly I'm back to having barely any followers/viewers. My work feels a bit wasted, as I had more free time to get a stream rolling when I started. Now my twin daughters are older and require a lot more attention from me, and I'm also back to work. Due to just moving to a new place with my wife and daughters and starting to work at a new place I haven't been able to stream at all for a while.

    As of now my job requires a lot of time and my daughters and wife basically requires the rest of my time. During August I will stream every Friday night at 21:00 CET, starting tonight. I'd be quite grateful for every single viewer checking in, it'd really boost my morale.

    I'm around 1250 ELO currently, but my goal is to climb the ladder all the way to the top. You can find me here.

    submitted by /u/BluntDamage
    [link] [comments]

    Counter Magyar light cav/UU Spam

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Hello! I mostly play with friends. One of them is great compared to the rest, but none of us are pros.

    Rushing is usually discouraged, with battles most happening mid castle age. Normally i would just crib strangle but since I am not allowed to do that, i usually have to face off against a massive army of light cav.

    I find that the number of pikemen i need to train to counter is so great that pathfinding bugs out and they end up being a lot less cost effective. Often times, instead of 3 pikemen attacking one cav, itll devolve into 1 cav or more vs 1 pikemen while other units spin in circles.

    Furthermore, pikemen army usually leaves me vulnerable to the other players. This guy is as good or better than me (i do eco/boom better) so i either take out other players in our group and then 1v1 or target him first and have to fend off attacks from other players while draining my eco. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Brahmin_Herders
    [link] [comments]

    Do CA need a buff because of the fixed pathing?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 12:26 AM PDT

    First of all, there was a lot of complaints about CA efficiency in DE before the patch. Most importantly, they were not just from noob-ish players like me, but from the very top players. I remember hearing them from TheViper and slam at least. But I think that the recent patch make the ca problem even more valuable.

    I just had a game, where I was playing cumans against huns.

    I played up to imp pretty bad with a lot of misclicks, and probably not the best strategy (I played cumans first time on arabia, I guess, and they are a tricky civ). At some point in imp I was forced to take a fight, where I had almost twice less units than the enemy, all my units are fu cavalier, all his units are fu hca. So my plan was basically to take the fight, say gg, and resign. However, I won this fight, and then won the game. CA were extremely underwhelming.

    With new pathing I feel that the only way to play ca is "hit and run" style, which is extremely microintensive. Of course, balance should be corrected for professional players first of all, but say at my level (1300 elo) there is no chance that a player would micro them perfectly AND control situation in the other point of a map. And at this level people understand that and will raid/side attack. Finally, just compare microing ca and microing kipchaks. The first is really no fun.

    So I just don't see why would I use ca at all (apart from very specific situation like in response to enemy mangudais).

    I would love to hear your thoughts about ca, especially people that are better than me.

    submitted by /u/trololosos
    [link] [comments]

    sometimes you get the worst woodlines :(

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    Garrisoning & Back to Work

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Say you're like me and tend to leave yourself open to a scout rush and just haven't got those spearmen trained and stationed at your wood line... scouts arrive and you try to pull your villagers back to your TC to drop those scouts with arrows....

    What is it with my villagers then being sent back to work... only to eject themselves maybe 3-6 tiles from my TC and just idle.

    I am trying to work out what is the sequencing that is causing this, is it because I've right clicked them part of the way back to the TC then another right click to garrison? As such they forget they were chopping wood or mining gold until Scotty McScoutface turned up?

    submitted by /u/dresch88
    [link] [comments]

    When your teammate wants to inspire confidence in their intellect before the fighting breaks out

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment