• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 11, 2020

    Age of Empires II A tribute for my brother. Thanks T90!

    Age of Empires II A tribute for my brother. Thanks T90!


    A tribute for my brother. Thanks T90!

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    My brother, 36, recently passed due to Corona and I was devastated. I really loved him because he had alot to do with my childhood. I'm 19M and I remember watching him play aoe2 as long as I remember. He actually bought me a laptop while he was in college just so we can play together. We used to play hours and hours long.

    As I said, he recently passed away because of the virus and I sat down looking through his laptop because no one else knows how to use it. I found pics of aoe2 and how we used to play and he managed to sneak some pics of me playing. It was just heartwarming to see. I ended up rewatching aoe and coming back to it (I mentioned it in a past post when I asked how I could fix my screen and people recommended DE.) I haven't mustered the courage to speak out till now.

    Anyway, what I wanted to say is, thanks aoe2 community and thanks for t90 for helping me get through this. I always feel like my big bro is playing with me when I watch him. All the love from Lebanon you lovely community. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/A-typical-banana
    [link] [comments]

    To lame or not to lame?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    I've never seen so many wild boar in one spot before.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    TheViper might want to lose today

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    After MBL's heroic performance yesterday, beating Mr. Yo 3-2, TheViper now faces a dangerous possibility of meeting Mr. Yo (instead of meeting MBL) as soon as the quarterfinals.

    If he beats TheMax today - he will meet Mr. Yo in the quarterfinal. If he loses today and then proceeds to beat BacT/dogao in the Decider Match, he doesn't have to worry about Mr. Yo until the finals.

    If he loses the quarterfinal, he goes home with only $2,000, however if he makes it to the finals he secures at least a $9,000 payment.

    I think he is a great sportsman and will not try to deliberately lose today, however he does have this consideration and subconsciously he might not give his best performance today.

    I'm also not saying that Mr. Yo is better or will definitely beat TheViper - I'm simply saying that it's riskier.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/vzwar
    [link] [comments]

    Side project: AOE Coaching platform (aoe.coach)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 05:12 AM PDT

    Hey y'all,

    Just a quick follow-up on a previous post: the AOE Coaching platform https://www.aoe.coach/ is now live and working :)

    Aoa.coach allows you to upload a game recording and have an experienced player review it for a small fee, so you can get better at AOE. To select the right coach, you can watch a demo game review to evaluate their coaching style.

    There are already 7 coaches you can book from and we've seen a few coaching sessions being completed successfully. For some examples of how a game review looks like, check out this, this or this coach profile.

    Hope this is something that could be interesting to some of us here in the AOE community, and as always happy to hear any feedback!

    submitted by /u/boris_be
    [link] [comments]

    You'd think that they have a good vantage point from up there

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    [Spoiler Alert] KOTD DauT vs Lierrey

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    What a crazy last game ...... Probably the biggest surprise so far!

    submitted by /u/herebust
    [link] [comments]

    Rate my mates Jonesy and killingsimba's strategy?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    [Spoiler](/s "You Have Activated My Trap Card")

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    Made a T90 Low Elo Legends bingo to play the next stream

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    How much longer until I drop to my fitting elo? (Definitive Edition)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    So I started off kind of lucky, having gotten some good teammates for like 3 out of the 4 total games I've won. But then I took a nose dive and am currently sitting at 824 with a win rate of 28%. I know all the strats and a lot of the stats (I've watched a lot of SOTL and T90) and I consistently use hot keys for pretty much everything I can (besides stuff like gates and mills). I love this game, so I'm going to keep playing it even if I do lose, but how many games do I have to play for it to even out to something closer to a 50% win rate (considering that that my 28% win rate would actually be more like a 7% or 14% if not for those teammates).

    submitted by /u/Seamus_M
    [link] [comments]

    when hera and tattoh are ask of they want to win the game tomorrow

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    has the Extreme AI gotten worse since a few months ago?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    I find it is much slower to send the first wave of archers, it does weird things such as attacking with 3 militia in the castle age, and sometimes it randomly builds mining camps in my base or lumber camps in the wrong side of its wood line. My Elo has stayed the same for months, but I find the Extreme AI to be much easier (I could only rarely beat it before, now I beat it most times, even without rushing).

    submitted by /u/EXTRAVAGANT_COMMENT
    [link] [comments]

    What game mode do you play the most?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    Golden Sands - 2v2 Battleground

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    Golden Sands - 2v2 Battleground

    hi all!

    https://preview.redd.it/mcvx45oa4bs51.jpg?width=2542&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=2c3ea006057dc03f54074ac1b2e69738835feda1

    https://preview.redd.it/b5f1x8l94bs51.jpg?width=2522&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=20a8d2307e05f014f34ef493e11f61ef097dfb44

    just released my first map ever!

    it's good 2v2. tested a few times with friends. good feedback.

    try it!

    https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/18596/

    Where the jungle meets the desert; this map's center strip features a large battleground with lots of gold scattered around beautiful azure ponds surrounded by cracked sand and golden dunes littered by palm trees. A large 1v1 or 2v2 map, with teams starting close together. The first layer of your base has natural defenses that can be fortified further by clearing wood, but there are multiple attack routes and side entrances featuring navigable forests of baobab, so your forward defenses won't be enough. You will have to expand for a 2nd base or gold outposts, thus forcing you out of a turtle.

    submitted by /u/kittylicksTV
    [link] [comments]

    HELP- How to defend my self against tower rush ?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    Obiously noob here, ive been playing on voobly for a while now ranked games (25 wins 18 losses) and when my rival starts making towers on my base (sometimes i can close it before my rivals came and they put the towers on my wall) i loose my shit and in 90% of the cases its a GG sooner or later. PD: Sorry for my english can be pretty rusty im from argentina

    submitted by /u/elbarto1996
    [link] [comments]

    Graphics settings question for older laptop

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    What is the best combination of settings to get the clearest images of units? I was playing as Byzantines against Shotel Warriors and I could barely distinguish what they were.

    I have a DELL Precision M4800 with a AMD FirePro M5100 FireGL V

    This was a 4v4 and I think my laptop couldn't handle close to 1600 population fighting so I want to keep settings the lowest I can but I dont want to lose the ability to see units better.

    I have these mods:

    Green smooth terrain with grid

    advanced idle pointer

    small trees

    interactive build order guide

    [guaymallen] - always red bushes

    fish borders

    no more plants

    [teutons] main menu

    submitted by /u/avioane
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment