• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 15, 2020

    Age of Empires II When the huskarl spam finally arrives

    Age of Empires II When the huskarl spam finally arrives


    When the huskarl spam finally arrives

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    Poor Joadan xD

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    Did you know monastery foundation has an AOE1 artifact in it?. Is it a DE easter egg or has it always been there?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    The Goths Experience! (8 Weeks in the making)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    Seems easy enough

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Capoch's 24 hours Stream

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    Capoch's 24 hours Stream

    https://preview.redd.it/8bkxjce6m6t51.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=7e23dee2f63cc1986a65993211f3e140f984f125

    Hey everyone,

    To celebrate my return to AoE after more than 15 years, I want to announce a 24 hours stream divided into 2 days of 12 hours each. 1st 12 hours will be during October 31st and will be fully in english, while the 2nd day will be during November 1st and it'll be fully in spanish. That weekend is the perfect moment for this to happen because it's right after KotD3. There are gonna be great showmatches with some prizepools!

    Promotional video is in this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvU_vbeLqJA

    Please find the schedule below:

    https://preview.redd.it/sf0okux7m6t51.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d8f8da34b4ab42d26c52085f6a3d25b0fa43058c

    Everyone is invited to join and enjoy! I hope to see you there!
    There will also be more special guests invited during the stream that weren't announced yet but will join at some point of the event.

    See you guys!
    Capoch.

    submitted by /u/IamCapoch
    [link] [comments]

    After 5 long months i hace finally done it 1200 elo. Shoutout to Heras build orders

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Ranked matches got me questioning my abilities

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    I'm obsessed with this game, but I suck and hate playing it.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    I've watched just about every SoTL video, I watch the tournaments, I watch a lot of T90 (meme games, low elo legend, and serious games). I generally know the match-ups and the counters. I can pull off a fast castle consistently, I can knight rush, I can 3 TC boom, I always remember my eco upgrades, I always remember my blacksmith upgrades, all of the common hotkeys are in muscle memory, I can even push in my deer if I really want to. My scouting isn't that great but I practice without auto scouting. My friends think i'm really good at this game omg.

    I know a lot about this game, and I love watching people play this game, I want to play this game all the time, but when I do play I hate playing this game. I don't understand why I love this game so much but as soon as I start playing I feel dread, stress, and angry. I get outplayed by 800-900 elo players who scout rush me. I get outplayed by the Hardest difficulty if I don't have some specific op strat in mind. Forget just playing good, I need to wall up and goth spam to beat the Hardest AI. After every game I lose (most of them) I exit the game out of frustration. A few seconds later (literally seconds. not even minutes) I start the game again and I'm back in the ranked queue.

    I have such negative emotions playing this game. Objectively it would seem I don't enjoy playing this game. What I don't understand is- why do I want to play this game so much when I hate playing it?

    Maybe not with aoe2 on the aoe2 subreddit, but has anyone else had this with aoe2 or any other game?

    submitted by /u/iamchairs
    [link] [comments]

    Pocket's Choice

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    Wait. That's illegal.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    virgin steam player vs chad microsoft store player

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    Im bad at the game, but got called a smurf

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    Yesterday I was messing around with berbers. Tried a new build order (19 pop scouts) which wasn't good, and brought it into ranked. Against cumans, I successfully scout rushed a dude desperately trying to 2 tc fuedal into castle kipchak. Delayed him significantly, and saw the vils on stone.

    Went heavy into genitour with knights for raid. Messy AF. Had to chase the kipchaks around because I forgot husbandry, attacked houses instead of vils for at least a minute, all the bad stuff. I'm not really good, you know?

    Anyway this guys keeps pushing kipchaks into genitours. And I am not really losing units while he is hemorrhaging gold. Goes on for a bit until he has basically no hold, calls me a smurf, says I should take my own life, and doesn't GG. It was a surprise because this community is usually pretty positive.

    Anyway, just want to let people know that sometimes your favorite unit isn't the right move especially if you are being countered hard, and won't compensate with other units. Making bad decisions doesn't mean your bad opponent is a smurf. More likely you need to adapt a bit more.

    Hoping that person sees this and forgives me (in their head, no need to write it) because I feel bad :(

    submitted by /u/theViceBelow
    [link] [comments]

    Towers vs Castles

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 05:33 AM PDT

    Good day guys, just wanted to know when you should pick towers over Castles for defense.

    submitted by /u/LonelyRabboni
    [link] [comments]

    Tbh, I kind of like Nile delta...

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    ... I only think the scattered woodlines should be adressed. It's way too easy to run out of wood.

    submitted by /u/AimingWineSnailz
    [link] [comments]

    You have selected Regicide

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 03:57 AM PDT

    Just some relaxing farming to please my OCD

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    Perspective on laming from a high-level sc2 player

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    I really love AoE2 so far and it's been a blast playing on the multiplayer ladder. I love watching high-level AoE2 as well, it's much more interesting than SC2 in my opinion. I am diamond on zerg which is maybe why I enjoy playing goths so much.

    There are a lot of differences between AoE2 and SC2, and one of them is map generation RNG - maps are fixed in SC2, but sometimes you can get a really good map in AoE2, sometimes you get a really bad one. A hallmark of a good player is being flexible and dealing with having a bad map.

    However, laming makes it very difficult to deal with a bad map. It worsens this "luck" element of the game and has little counterplay. If you get a bad boar or sheep spawn and you don't find them quickly, it can lead to your opponent laming you. Losing a pair of sheep isn't game-ending, but losing a boar which is 350 food can definitely be. I am not sure why scouts are able to attack/lure boars while they can't do the same with sheep.

    Compare this to sc2 which has (almost) 0 RNG. While I've never personally been lamed, I've seen people like Viper and Hera complain when it happens to them since it sucks to play against. If you get a bad map, then there is very little you can do in terms of counterplay to prevent laming.

    Thanks for reading... any thoughts?

    EDIT - lots of good discussion and some valid viewpoints from "pro-lamers." seems like everyone agrees universally, however, that spawns should be closer on arabia

    submitted by /u/hexergon
    [link] [comments]

    AoE2 takes over my dictionary

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    I was writting an article about crop protection products and I just wrote crop rotation instead without even noticing it for a while. Has anybody had a similiar experience?

    Ps. Don't forget to research crop rotation, eco upgrades in general

    submitted by /u/MasterSergeantOne
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else experiencing higher than usual misclicking rates on units since the last patch?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    I just played a game where I straight up could not double click on my mass of Paladins while they were in battle. having similar problems with villagers. This problem has always been there but it seems to be 10x worse within the last few games I played.

    submitted by /u/Guanfranco
    [link] [comments]

    [Advice] Civilisation suggestions?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    In the grand scheme of AoE I'm very new still, but do have 310 hours on DE now.

    I mostly play team games with my friends, when we take breaks from the other games we play. I noticed we're kinda just queuing the same civs and I reckon it'd be cool to learn some more.

    So I guess I'm looking for some civs that work well in 2v2's / 3v3's which would force me to improve my overall game like Goths did (see below) and also expose me to some types of bonuses different to what I've been playing with.

    Civs I play mostly and enjoy:
    Lithuanians (For my elo I'm quite good at getting to castle age quickly, so I like to rush castle, get a monastery and pick up the relics first on a map like arena for the attack bonus)
    Britons and Mayans (Got the build order pretty decent for an archer rush on open maps like Arabia)
    Goths (Started playing these more a few weeks back, it's helped me get into the rhythm of building more military buildings)
    Franks (The civ I played mostly in my early hours, as I liked fast castle knights)
    Japanese (My go to infantry civ before I started playing more goths)

    Civs I've won 1 or 2 games with, but played very little:
    Aztecs, Berbers, Celts, Saracens, Slavs
    Civs I've never won a game with:
    Chinese, Huns, Malians Vikings

    submitted by /u/Iron-Wall
    [link] [comments]

    Fastest Fast Castle Drop?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    I was wondering which civ has the ability to do a FC - Fast Castle drop the fastest, and I can get to Castle age in 13 min with Lithuanians but collecting the stone to Castle Drop asap i can't do till 14-15 min

    I was wondering if any civ does it better? I was thinking the Franks might be able to do it quicker and with a stronger economy cause of berries perk. Anyone had any experience doing something like this?

    submitted by /u/LyfeMeter
    [link] [comments]

    Develop lower Graphic Requirements of AOE2DE

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I love DE, but the graphic requirements (4GB VRAM) are really harsh. Many friends who can play for example CS GO cant play AOE2DE, even though they would like to. Could the developers create a low resolution mod, with worse models? This would enable alot of my friends to play the game

    This might take some work, but its not impossible. And it would allow for alot of new players to play the game, strengthening the community! :-)

    submitted by /u/entunavi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment