• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 23, 2021

    Age of Empires II War Elephant (Art #5)

    Age of Empires II War Elephant (Art #5)


    War Elephant (Art #5)

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 05:47 PM PST

    Reconstruction of medieval Genoa

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:43 AM PST

    AoE 2 Birthday Cakes!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:34 AM PST

    After 15 hours gameplay, I finally beat Hard AI.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 02:54 AM PST

    Converted Attila the Hun and El Cid campaigns to 2p coop

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 02:48 AM PST

    A while ago I started converting aoe2 de campaigns to support 2 player coop. Now continuing with the work I converted the Attila the Hun and El Cid campaigns as well. Original post here

    A new change from the last time is that in all of these campaigns player 2 plays a a different civilization. Made the changes to the previous conversions too. The civ pairings are:

    Joan: Franks + Teutons (renamed to Franks and share their architecture style)

    Saladin: Saracens + Berbers (renamed to Saracens and share their architecture style)

    Genghis: Mongols + Tartars (renamed to Mongols and share their architecture style)Barbarossa:

    Teutons + Italians (except for scenario 1 and 6, there p2 plays as Cumans and British respectively)

    Attila: Huns + Goths

    El Cid: Spanish + Saracens (p1 always Spanish p2 always Saracens)

    The campaigns might still have bugs but if you are interested you can find them here (make sure to read the instructions first):

    Attila the Hun:

    https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/20302

    El Cid:

    https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/20541

    Joan of Ark:

    https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/20023

    Saladin:

    https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/20026

    Genghis Khan:

    https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/20027

    Barbarossa:

    https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/20028

    submitted by /u/krambor
    [link] [comments]

    I tried to demonstrate what idle time is and why it's important. How did I do?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:56 AM PST

    Am I blind or DLC Enhanced Graphic Pack reduce zoom out?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:24 AM PST

    Red Bull Wololo 3 Day 4 / Live Discussion

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:29 AM PST

    Red Bull Wololo 3 Day 4 (Quarterfinals)

    Official english stream

    Brackets


    WWP_Yo 1-3 GL.DauT

    Draft link


    MATCH 1:

    Arabia

    WWP_Yo VIK vs MAY GL.DauT

    Winner: WWP_Yo in 00:30:11


    MATCH 2:

    Haboob

    WWP_Yo LIT vs INC GL.DauT

    Winner: GL.DauT in 00:20:54


    MATCH 3:

    Kawasan

    WWP_Yo FRA vs HUN GL.DauT

    Winner: GL.DauT in 00:36:54


    MATCH 4:

    Atacama

    WWP_Yo TEU vs BUL GL.DauT

    Winner: GL.DauT in 00:37:59


    submitted by /u/D0machine
    [link] [comments]

    I BEAT IT ON HARD!!!!!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 08:09 AM PST

    I know this is no biggie for most of you but after several sessions of training and videos I FINALLY beat the AI 1V1 on hard in arena, my first hard victory. I am trying to work on my fast castling, I made it to Feudal in 12:30 and Castle in 17:30. I was able to build a few castles to hold off their sieges and then eventually went to 4 town halls and was able to boom my economy and far outpace theirs. So satisfying to break into their base for the first time and wreak havoc. Have to keep practicing to see if can consistently beat them now!

    submitted by /u/Adam_and_Co
    [link] [comments]

    Appropriate name

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 06:09 AM PST

    Low Elo players: make more military units!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:06 AM PST

    I'm a player in the mid-high 800s Elo. I just played a game in which:

    I lost a villager luring a rhino in Dark age

    I unknowingly directed my scout to stand exactly under my opponent's TC 8 minutes into the game

    My opponent aged up faster than me to every age

    My opponent quite successfully raided my eco in the early Castle age, killing several villagers

    My opponent dropped 3 castles inbetween our bases and managed to deny one of my castles.

    When I won the game, my opponent wrote in the chat "idk how I lost that, gg." I want to explain the answer in the hopes that it helps out some of my fellow low elo players.

    How they lost the game, and how I win almost all of the games I do win, is that I made way more military units than them. Look at the population graph. Or the largest army. From late Feudal onwards I was pumping out units almost constantly, and building new production buildings fairly often. My opponent wasn't, and that's the only reason I won. You can see from the k/d that I wasn't even using my units particularly efficiently. I just had more of them at almost every single point of the game. They had a similar number of villagers to me, at many points they had more due to their good raid, so they must have had sufficient eco to make just as many units as I was, they just didn't. I bet they had thousands of food, wood and gold left stockpiled at the end of the match, and if they'd used it earlier to spam units out of 10+ production buildings like I was, they'd have slaughtered me.

    So, to all the low Elo legends out there: make more military. Set good hotkeys for "select all Barracks/Archery Range/etc." and use them often, it makes so much difference. When you're about to do a big push on the enemy base, queue up as many units as you can afford, even if you're population capped, and set the gather points to the middle of the battle so your army is constantly replenished. If you keep losing games with a lot of resources left in the bank, this is probably why!

    submitted by /u/halfajack
    [link] [comments]

    I interviewed one of India's First AOE2 E-Sports player for my gaming documentary. Thought you guys would love to hear his insights. Link in comments if you wanna watch.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 06:33 AM PST

    How do you counter mass of war wagons?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:29 AM PST

    Just getting back into the game and had a match against hard AI. Got to the late game and the AI had a constant mass of 70-80 war wagons. I eventually wore him down with a mix of hussars and siege onager but there's surely a better way? Took me about 2 hours to get past his fucking war wagons and the tons of castles and bombard towers...

    submitted by /u/The-Berzerker
    [link] [comments]

    Among The Hidden - A Drive By Conversion

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 08:26 PM PST

    How many more losses before this stops

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:48 AM PST

    I've been playing quick play for a while, I've had a massive win streak for a long time.

    I've now reached a point where I'm unable to win matches, I get matched up against people that have their hotkeys and build orders far better down then I have and they play above my skill level.

    I'm at a 25 loss streak and I'm still getting the same kind of opponents.

    How many more do I need to lose before this stops?

    submitted by /u/Exe0n
    [link] [comments]

    Hit the jackpot at the thrift store today!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 12:40 PM PST

    Best choke point units?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:11 AM PST

    I play with a few friends against AI and we often form choke points. Despite being able to hold all the enemies back on my with massed chinese scorpions, my team mates get annoyed with them being 'in the way' all the time. I'm gonna try changing up my methods for a game or two.

    Does anyone have suggestions of decent non-siege/non-tower alternatives?

    submitted by /u/Ethereal_unicorn
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t player colours be from each player perspective?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:40 AM PST

    Meaning everyone in could pick blue. They would appear blue to themselves but other colours to other players. Obviously people do refer to colours in TG but that could easily be replaced by player number. I hate playing as some of the colours. It would be nice to always get my preferred colour.

    submitted by /u/yike92
    [link] [comments]

    Imperial Persian Army Composition

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:45 AM PST

    So I train paladins, elephants and camels, onagers, and bombard cannons as my main core of the army.

    We have hussars, trashbowmen, and hand cannoneers to counter enemy monks. Which of these units do you train with your Persian army? I sometimes blow up enemy monks with my BBC. Most of the time it's hand cannoneers.

    submitted by /u/hussar269c
    [link] [comments]

    Is stealing sheep considered bad manner in ranked games?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:42 AM PST

    Is there a list of the most important hotkeys?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:18 AM PST

    Like the title says, I'm looking for a list of the most important keybinds. I'm a new-ish player and I'm using the default hotkeys with some changes to make it better, but I'm not sure which hotkeys I should prioritize. There's some obvious ones like idle vills but until recently I thought the "select all" hotkeys were useless as I just double clicked my building to select all of the ones screen. Are there any others that are super important to pick up as a noob?

    submitted by /u/marvin0421
    [link] [comments]

    1v1 vs team games ELO Comparison.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:31 AM PST

    HEY all, I know the Elo between the two categories is not really comparable. I mean a 1500 team game elo is not the same as a 1500 1v1. Just wondering if there is any sort of scale or formula to compare the two scores.

    submitted by /u/RayzaOne
    [link] [comments]

    AOE2 Starting places

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:16 AM PST

    Just want to know, can you pick where you started on the map because me and my friend want to battle against 6 AI but it put just in the middle of them so is that a way to pick your place?

    submitted by /u/PierceRaddon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment