• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 13, 2021

    Age of Empires II Franks with the original menu screen.

    Age of Empires II Franks with the original menu screen.


    Franks with the original menu screen.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 12:38 AM PST

    If they just could use some kind of bridge to get to the other side

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 03:30 AM PST

    Probably memed before, but just in case it hasn't

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 05:28 PM PST

    Made my own Byzantine TC for my Millénaire village in Minecraft. I took some liberties with the design but I tried to make it as faithful as possible. Any thoughts?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 12:46 AM PST

    May they make it home, build a farm and not ever be clicked again after

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 08:50 AM PST

    1200 elo getting matched with beginners?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 04:28 AM PST

    Every once in a while I get matched with a player that has played 2 or 3 games in total. I'm around 1200 elo and obviously win by a large margin. Why are new players getting matched up with me? Wouldn't it be better to start them at around 800 or something like that?

    It feels kind of bad to just completely destroy a new player and maybe discouraged them from playing online.

    submitted by /u/Fred_Krokett
    [link] [comments]

    The team game ranked queue really should let you select the maps you want to play, so you can actually play less popular maps instead of arabia or arena 90% of the time

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 06:01 AM PST

    First of all I get the reason behind having a variety of maps played and in general I agree with it, since it creates more variety and on a competitive ladder it would mean that players cant just do the exact same thing all the time, but team ranked is not a competitive ladder.

    It is actually nearly impossible to get a team game on one of the less popular maps because everyone can just alt-f4 in the lobby in case the map actually gets picked (the current system gives you arabia/arena 95% of the time anyways). 1 person out of 4-8 players can just prevent the game from being played.

    Team game rank really doesnt matter anyways, so just let us choose the maps we actually want to play on.

    submitted by /u/AOE_goldfish
    [link] [comments]

    GL vs AM Showmatch, Friday, February 19th!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 02:17 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I will be hosting a showmatch between GL and AM next Friday, February 19th at 15 GMT. All seven games are played, with 6/7 custom RMS maps.

    This is a cross-post from aoezone, but wanted all of you who may not frequent that site aware of it as well!

    Finally, the prize pool is partly community-funded (with 100% going to the teams), so feel free to reach out to dangerduck#1378 if you'd like to contribute!

    Thanks and hope you're looking forward to it as much as I am!

    submitted by /u/dragonmilking
    [link] [comments]

    Since when have you all been playing Age of Empires 2 ?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 07:01 AM PST

    Which year did you start playing Age of Empires 2 , what was your experience when you first played it ?

    It's a pretty old game which has been around for ages and I recently started playing the Definitive Edition, glad to see it's still relevant and popular right now. This community makes me proud.

    submitted by /u/Twisted-Wraith
    [link] [comments]

    I have a confession to make: in team games when the game is pretty much won, I spam any research I can to try and bump my final score up. Anyone else?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 03:32 PM PST

    When a game is all but done I just research anything I can afford as a quick way of getting a few last points to try and overtake my team mates in the final score rankings. Even though I know it's pointless and I'm researching random stuff I haven't used all game, I just can't help it! They say the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one.......

    submitted by /u/MPHistoryGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Game crashes shortly after starting with 256x tech mod

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 02:29 AM PST

    Does anyone have any suggestions? I could have sworn I had the cheat code for this game-mode but it doesnt seem to be working. it just sends a chat message when I type "going above and beyond" while other cheats like "how do you turn this on" still works fine.

    Im using the 256x tech mod by trinh btw, same problem with 9x tech mod.

    submitted by /u/Lontarus
    [link] [comments]

    256 Cataphract vs Infinite Halberdier AoE II :DE

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 06:14 AM PST

    What is it about the Franks that makes them the meta civ?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 02:38 AM PST

    What exactly about the Franks makes them the unofficial best civ in 1v1 Arabia and even certain team games?

    I want to hear from experienced players who might have insights on deeper understandings of what makes them so good. On paper, they seem inflexible and easy to counter pick, but they are so good they can win even when their opponent knows exactly what's coming.

    Why?

    submitted by /u/NerevarTheKing
    [link] [comments]

    How can I help my noob Friends in teamgame ?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 07:38 AM PST

    Hi, i'm a medium-noob payer (i dont play ranked but I usually win 1v1 against Hard AI ; i got a build-order and usually have a 16-17min fast-castle + castle drop) I'm playing teamgame with my noob friends, against the AI (we are 4 humain against 3 Hard IA and we play very long game to win (1h40+). Usually i FC into boom, have 100+ villager and then i give my Friend ressources and protect them with half my army while managing to beat one AI at the same time. All my Friends only plays cavalry (Franck or Huns).

    I want to help them to developp and achieve success with their own army because most of the Time i'm like the one with the big army who lead them to Victory.

    So i was wondering if you had any advices or interesting civs to give to me so I can help discretely help them so they have fun and be proud of themselves in this lovely game ?

    (I'm always at flanck of the team in theses games)

    its the first time i post something on Reddit so please excuse me if i did something wrong

    submitted by /u/AnKRobesH
    [link] [comments]

    AoE: II definite edition sale?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 07:08 AM PST

    Hey, I was waiting for my semester exams to end so I could buy this game, seeing it was the perfect chance since it was for just 5 EUR until 15 February (I am 100% sure about that). I logged on Steam today to see it's 14 EUR for some reason, sale still ending 15 February.

    Anyone got any idea about this and when will be the new major sale?

    submitted by /u/CenturionAurelius
    [link] [comments]

    trashtalking in aoe2

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 06:55 AM PST

    trashtalking in aoe2

    I love this game and it's the only game that i try to be better and i have fun doing it. So much stuff to learn,

    The community is really nice too. But the community can be better, we can be a community more respectuful and we should, most of player who still play this game have around 30 years old, and i'm good with the fact that more young player play this game too. but i dont want this game to turn like other game with a lot of talktrash.

    i think about my answer after that game and i dont ansered well, i think i can answer better to this kind of player to make them understand that gaming should not be about trying to make the other player ungry but trying to have a competitiv good time.

    (i justed wanted to have a conversion to how aoe2 community answer to trash talk and frankly that did not effect me, this kind of trash talk append so rarely, but the day that it became more often i will not play this game anymore.)

    https://preview.redd.it/akbmwob5e9h61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=52867e1c9646ea718c44de949b38c29d3343420d

    https://preview.redd.it/y452xpc4e9h61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=84b62af80180f6e67c93aec57bb7a445fc3d4f3a

    submitted by /u/theteddies
    [link] [comments]

    Satisfying mango shot

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 02:18 PM PST

    Rome needs you to join the Legions

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 02:41 PM PST

    I am the humble creator of my first custom campaign in aoe2 called volatus aquilae. This campaign will be a journey through roman history starting in the third punic war and ending somewhere in the middle ages. I just released an alpha version containing 4 scenarios, the siege of Carthage, the double siege of Alesia, Germanicus' revenge and Corbulo's campaign through the armenian mountains.

    If you are interested please feel free to download and play it and if you were inclined to give me some feedback (design, difficulty or even just grammatical errors), I would be a happy creator.

    submitted by /u/Gaius_Iulius_Megas
    [link] [comments]

    AOE2DE becomes a zombie process

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 06:32 AM PST

    Hi all. I successfully used the post on this sub to install AOE2DE on my linux mint machine. However at one point I changed the video settings to windowed, and then back to full desktop, and...black screen with a weird wood-textured side panel. Nothing else. Couldn't go into game options and change it.

    So what do I do? Uninstall, reinstall, problem should be fixed...right?

    Nah. Now it doesn't even start the game. I followed the guide again, but it just starts either as a zombie process or not at all. No loading screen, nothing.

    Anyone...any ideas here? I'm stumped...

    submitted by /u/MaroonCrow
    [link] [comments]

    How do pros create control groups that fast?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 10:57 PM PST

    I'm using the standard ctrl+[whatever number] to create a control group. It takes me like 5 seconds to reach and press both keys where when I watch Hera play the mangonel almost immediately got a control group after it's produced.

    submitted by /u/MysteriousShadow__
    [link] [comments]

    I was Persian-douched for the first time

    Posted: 12 Feb 2021 03:23 PM PST

    I don't know how to feel

    How are you doing today

    submitted by /u/AlanAppRed
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment