• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 16, 2021

    Age of Empires II I would spam Champions against everything

    Age of Empires II I would spam Champions against everything


    I would spam Champions against everything

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 07:14 AM PST

    I did it!!!

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 09:04 PM PST

    Mini map magnifier

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 01:08 PM PST

    I think i can't continue to play anymore. Winrates are just perfect <3

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 05:01 AM PST

    Jesse Pikeman

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 09:53 AM PST

    I'm a genius and came up with a historically relevant replacement for the Inca's awful team bonus; everyone get here and agree it's great

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 08:00 AM PST

    Fun Fact: The Inca invented freeze dried food, so our astronauts have Incan ingenuity to thank for that.

    And freeze-dried food is also the inspiration for what the new Incan team bonus should be: animals killed by Inca and their allies do not decay.

    If Spirit of the Law is to be trusted, this means the Inca would collect about 12 extra food per sheep for 96 extra food collected from sheep. They would not actually collect faster however and the bonus would really moreso run parallel to the Mayan bonus of longer-lasting resources, thus it wouldn't be OP. (Mayans with an Inca ally though...? WOOF those dudes not building farms for a while) It would effectively just award the Mayan's longer-lasting resources specifically for sheep and hunt, nothing else. I'm unclear on how much extra food they'd get from a boar compared to the average civ, but if it remains proportional, then the Mayans still have a slightly stronger bonus for their own hunt/herdables whilst of course the Mongols would still collect faster.

    I'm also unclear on this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but can't untended farms go dry...? I'm honestly not certain because I haven't paid enough attention to know if denied farms expire or if they just inevitably take damage and die that way. If they can expire with time, Inca could likewise prevent this. By no means would it be OP, but it would at least give them something once that initial bonus from hunt and herdables expires.

    Overall it feels like a very nice, very noticeable bonus that thematically matches the civ whilst not crossing the line into OP territory, but I'd love to hear thoughts and input on this.

    submitted by /u/AFlyingNun
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else in this sub younger than the game

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 04:54 AM PST

    I found this game through kliksphillip a while back. I'm a fan of the civilization series and was like "eh sure why not" I got some friends to buy it with me and we have been playing it for weeks. It started out with trying to win against moderate Ai and then discovering infinite resources and going up against extreme ai and seeing how long We could hold. We eventually even managed to beat and extreme ai with infinite resources (probably nothing big for you guys). But I just wanna say thanks to the devs for making a game that will be a masterpiece for years and years to come.

    submitted by /u/N13ks
    [link] [comments]

    House walling is historically accurate: museum model of medieval Bulgarian capital - Preslav

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 03:31 AM PST

    I see your minimap magnifier and raise it with mine! (source code in the comments!)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 08:19 AM PST

    The cost efficiency of each unit against each unit (including those of Lords of the West). Assumptions: Medium Hit&Run, Equal Resource Worth, Equal Army Worth (more info in the description).

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 10:21 AM PST

    Some normalization required

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 07:51 AM PST

    ��

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 07:13 AM PST

    Why only one team map ban?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 06:48 AM PST

    I dont have the option to ban arena and black forest. I can only ban one. Just venting but I hate closed maps and I'm NOT sinking hours into a BF game. Just kills the fun when I get stuck on arena.

    submitted by /u/WastelandMedic93
    [link] [comments]

    Best Civs for Amazon Tunnel?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 04:01 AM PST

    A few friends of mine and I have started playing aoe again after a break and we very much enjoy the Amazon tunnel map! We played a lot of arena and Arabia before, but that's sometimes to stressful so played some Amazon tunnel for a nice boom game. Which Civs would you guys recommend? So far we had good games with Goths/Bulgarians/Mongols.

    submitted by /u/IV-Glory
    [link] [comments]

    Just started ranked

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 03:50 AM PST

    So i have my build orders down, can beat the Hard AI etc.

    Just started ranked and getting absolutely shafted. I actually keep up with them score wise or am even ahead of them until castle/imp. When it comes to the first big engagement though i always lose. My late game sucks. Im watching my replays and i realise its my lategame thats letting me down. What can i do to improve?

    I know it takes a while for your ELO to average out but this is really really demoralising.

    submitted by /u/EndlessDream2015
    [link] [comments]

    My not so wholesome ladder experience

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 04:41 PM PST

    I saw some posts on here by people describing their first experiences on the ladder and thought I'd share mine.

    So, I'm one of those people that have been playing AOE since forever and got back into the game when DE came out. I wouldn't call myself a noob because of this, but I'm certainly not got, like at all. The last time I played it online was when MSN Game Zone was still a thing, and stuff like BOs and half of the civs were completely new to me. But after having watched a lot of AOE streams, tournaments and pros playing throughout the year, I was determined to learn how to play it seriously. So I played a lot of matches against the AI, trying out different civs, practicing build orders and all that. I never dared to click that scary button that would queue me up with people though. The ladder anxiety was just too real for me. Then came my big day.

    I vividly remember the adrenaline rush when that queue countdown started. I picked my beloved Mayans, but would I even get to Castle Age to field some Plumed Archers, my favorite unit since I was a child? Who knows who I'll be matched up with? What if- MATCH FOUND. Arena? OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD. Ok. Focus. H. A. Q Q Q. "glhf", says my opponent. How nice of him. I quickly type "u2". I don't have time for this. It didn't go well, halfway through I realized I didn't know how to play this map, and when that castle appeared in front of my base I knew it was over. I managed to defend for a bit but eventually, I was obviously too far behind. Gg. My heart was pounding so fast. What a great start, even if I lost. Sadly, it all went downhill from there.

    The next few games were so damn tilting. In one I was matched up with a 1200 elo player and got beaten back to AOE1, pretty much. In another one I'm 99% sure my opponent spectator cheated. And in quite a few games in between I played against incredibly toxic people that got really creative getting around that word filter. I didn't win a single time. I'm embarassed admitting it, but I was pretty sad after my last match. It's just a game, after all. But this wasn't fun. I have so many good memories playing it, my favourite game of all time, yet it felt it wasn't for me. Maybe I enjoy watching the game more than I enjoy playing it. Maybe I should just stick to single player. I felt defeated. I needed a break.

    Anyway, this was a few months ago. I thought I was over the game for good (the competitive part of it at least), but since then, I've met so many awesome and incredibly helpful people. I had so much fun watching RBW3. With that, the problems the DLC slowly being fixed, and hearing the experiences of others playing ranked for the first time, I really am motivated to try again. I probably won't even play that bad if I can just get over my anxiety already. I guess it's get good or die trying from now on.

    Thank you for coming to TED talk. If you're reading this and are one of those streamers that take time out of their day to do coachings or review recorded matches, or just one of those people on discord giving advice when needed: Thank you so much! Seriously. And if you're one of those people that call others f-ing noobs in-game while having three-digit elo yourself: You're a noob too and a shitty person on top of that.

    (Arena though. I'll never play arena again! angry mbl noises)

    submitted by /u/NeitherFootball
    [link] [comments]

    Which of the new civs have been integrated/received best into the game?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 08:12 AM PST

    After Lords of The West I've been surprised (well, not really) at the indifferent reception to them. I rarely see them used which seems unprecedented compared to other expansions. For a long time, I think people stopped using them because they felt unfair, but after the nerfs I hear others saying that their strategies/techs are basically solved problems, which is to say that once you know how to solve and counter them, they've little to offer.

    That leads back to my original question, which draws upon my memory of African Kingdoms and Rise of Rajas being very favorably received, even with things like OP arambai and feitoria. With that being said, which of the new civs (post AoC) integrated best into existing aoe2, or has found community love and respect? From each expansion I would say the following have done the best fitting into competitive AoE2:

    Forgotten Empires: Magyars

    Slavs were a close runner up, but Magyars fare better in fast paced open maps that are more popular. These guys don't have annoying cheese strats like Inca, swingy power of indians, or choky naval dependence of Italians. I see them often in pro games and pros and casual players alike adore them for their magyar huszar, strong lategame CA, and wide tech tree.

    African Kingdoms: Ethiopians

    Ethiopians struck me as a civ meant for the 1v1 metagame of the HD days where the bulk of the game revolved around mangonels and archers. Melee pathfinding has since gotten better but that combination of units remains very fun to use. Engaging torsion engine siege onagers and arbalests is a nail biting experience. These guys are both very competitive and balanced in a 1v1 game and also great on flanks in teamgames. Their UU and UT bring a dangerous unpredictability to an otherwise by-the-book aoe2 civ.

    Rise of Rajas: Khmer

    I'm going to be honest, I personally don't like the Khmer, and I'm not sure what to make of the fact that they were considered among the worst civs in the game before they got their farm bonus. But there is no denying that this civ has gone from a meme to a pro favorite thanks to the power of their unusual bonuses. In team games they are a huge asset with their elephants as well. But they do something very interesting where others failed, they actually made elephants and weird bonus mechanics into a successful civilization.

    The Last Khans: Lithuanians

    This might be my most controversial pick, but even despite the relic bonus they have been by far the most popular new civ for the community at large and I have been seeing a huge amount of them in tournaments compared to other Last Khan civs. Their start gives them a very agile early game with +150 food and fast moving skirmishers, and if they can secure relics they can transition into a true powerhouse and asset, especially in team games.

    It's hard to tell which of the new civs will become fan favorites, but I personally enjoy the Sicilians quite a bit at the moment. What are your thoughts for the most balanced and beloved expansion civs?

    submitted by /u/LadiesAndMentlegen
    [link] [comments]

    Please be more talkative

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 03:13 AM PST

    This is a short message to all the good mannered people playing random team games: please feel free talk more.

    I've found that few bad mannered people talking a lot actually created in me the feeling that most of the people playing are just raging kidos. But I don't think this is true. As I make an effort to talk a bit more, I find out quite often that most of the players actually are normal people trying to enjoy playing together.

    So let's just say hi and keep it going

    submitted by /u/Dangerous-Education3
    [link] [comments]

    Finally on DE!

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 02:25 AM PST

    This post is self-indulgent but I had to share my excitement somewhere.

    I use a Macbook, I'm not really an intense gamer and love Macs as a machine that does everything I need. Due to being a casual (and also a student), I've been using Porting Kit rather than Parallels because £70 is no joke right now. Back during a Steam Sale, I bought AOE2 HD & DE but I've only been able to play HD until LAST NIGHT!

    I finally had the time spare to get DE set up and play my first game (which I won, but that's a cherry on top). I was expecting it to be a little better, nice graphics, a couple of new civs but...

    Oh my goodness, I love it so much. The Art of War missions are such a great way to polish your basic skills, the graphics make this ancient game feel as fresh as the most recent RTS games and the lobby system is so much better. And having mods in-game! I am so excited to finally be playing the same game as y'all and tbh, respect Microsoft for recognising the opportunity to keep this thing vibrant and alive.

    Anyway, this a cool community and I'm glad even an Apple-loving casual like me can feel even a little bit competitive online!

    submitted by /u/OldBones1993
    [link] [comments]

    An Analysis of the Outpost Rushing Philosophy

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 02:55 PM PST

    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand MBL's playstyle. It is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the build orders will go over a typical opponent's head. There's also MBL's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from mid 2000's Chinese trush meta and an inability to resign when dead, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this meta, to realise that it's not just effective- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike MBL truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the nuance in MBL's patented outpost rush, which itself is a cryptic reference to the widening of the mind which happens when watching MBL. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as he fully walls and FCs on Arabia, again and again. What fools... how I pity them. :D

    And yes, by the way, i DO have a MBL tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

    submitted by /u/Vaurion
    [link] [comments]

    When I wall in my opponents 2 scout rush

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 03:12 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment