• Breaking News

    Monday, February 8, 2021

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 04:00 AM PST

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I got tattoos of my favourite civilizations.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 05:21 AM PST

    Well, I guess it's time to try Hera's 14pop Feudal into nothing

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 04:05 AM PST

    Attack Notification gives me heart attacks

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 05:01 AM PST

    Wanted to try my hand at isometric drawing; My favorite castle type in Watercolor!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:18 AM PST

    Onagers are bad for my blood pressure

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:18 PM PST

    I think ranked play ruined this game for me

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 03:18 AM PST

    I've loved AOE2 since I was a kid. So has my wife. We started playing together a few months ago. We really love this game. We played team games online and really bonded over it.

    We like to play Black Forest. It was our favorite as a kid and it is now too. We don't like games that are all about rushing. It's not fun for us. It's stressful and I don't enjoy it, I never did. I get some people are into the rush-style games. But we like building up and having big battles in imperial age.

    We started playing in the unranked games. Eventually we got pretty good playing as a team. The problem with unranked games is that, 1/30 people is like, a pro, 5/30 people are just okay, and then, the others have like... never played the game before. Like, sending an archer-only army to fight your huscarls, kind of strategy. Or they build bases but almost no units even in post-imperial. We joke that they're playing sim city.

    So we started in ranked play. It was a lot of fun. High stakes. Trying to really win. But eventually we won enough times and the game would try to force us to do other maps we don't want.

    I know you can unclick some, but not enough. These other maps, our whole style of play, it doesn't work. It's all about rushing in these other map types. The way I play, if someone's not ready, I'll give them time to GET ready before I attack so I can have a good battle. Sometimes I even ask, "Are you ready for us to attack?"

    But on these other maps, it generally isn't about having a good battle - it's about screwing with them before they're ready so that you never get to have a good battle.

    Now you should say that I should learn. But, I have a job, I'm tired, I'm old, this is game, not work. I play how it's fun for me. I don't want this game to be another job. I want it to be fun. I just want to play BF against people who are good enough for it to be a challenge and the game actually forbids me from doing that. I'm actually not allowed. I am now, for some reason, forced to play on these massive, rush rush maps.

    I actually feel like, there's no point in playing the game anymore. We were getting up 1200's elo, still winning most of our games (always 2v2). Starting to get closer to players who could be a challenge to us, and it forces us into the gigantic rush rush maps. I can either just, dive into the aggravating frustration of this play style that I am not interested in, or, I can go back to unranked play and beat the shit out of this guy playing Sim City. Or I can quit the game.

    There's no mechanism for me to play ranked on the map I want and apparently it's broken by design, by the developers.

    It doesn't make sense to me. It's a huge failure in the design of the game. I am not the only one who likes to play Black Forest. Why do you have to force us into these other maps? Just let us play how we want to play.

    submitted by /u/porkachu
    [link] [comments]

    I drew a Byzantine Cataphract(also posted on r/ armsandarmor)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 04:29 PM PST

    À la bataille!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 08:40 AM PST

    CIV's you've never won or lost with

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 06:27 AM PST

    Browsing AOE Nexus and looking at stats is a hobby of mine (wish there were more!). I do find it particularly interesting to see CIV's that I just can't seem to win or lose with and wondered what some of yours might be. Obviously means more if you've played more than 1 game.

    I'm 4-0 with Bulgarians, Mongols, and Italians. Honourable mentions to Franks (4-1), and Malians (13-5) who I would consider my actual best CIV alongside probably Bulgarians.

    At the other end I'm 1-4 with Aztecs, Britons, Japanese, and yet to record a win with Byzantines (0-3), or Lithuanians (0-2). Also Portugeuse and Koreans (0-1) but not much of a sample size.

    I think I'm going to play with only these CIV's until I can get a last man standing (one undefeated, and one winless) to determine my best/worst.

    What are your great, and awful civs?

    submitted by /u/Hertzie
    [link] [comments]

    Khmer Scorpion vs 100 Unique Unit Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:51 AM PST

    Me in 4v4 last night

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:03 AM PST

    On my first steps as an AOE 2 gaming channel, currently running the new campaigns. Pop by if you'd like, advice and suggestions welcomed! Also a like or a sub if you enjoy, that would be very welcomed too <3

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 04:54 AM PST

    The Church of DauT – made by hszemi

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:58 PM PST

    There is a GPU blacklist inside AoE2:DE. The error messages "Failed GPU startup" and "Your GPU is not DirectX 11 compliant." are fake and can be bypassed.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 07:00 PM PST

    I can't believe I found this after spending a week installing various drivers from the internet and even reinstalling Windows.

    If you got an AMD Switchable Graphics (PowerXpress/Enduro) or NVIDIA Optimus laptop with Intel HD Graphics, the game will complain that your integrated GPU does not support DirectX 11 even through you have a dedicated GPU with DirectX 11 support.

    This was the error I got: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 GPU with vendor ID 32902 and device ID 278 is not DirectX 11 compliant.

    If you ever used a laptop with AMD or NVIDIA graphics, you'll know how I was puzzled. If you don't know that kind of error message means, it means that you did not added the game to the AMD/NVIDIA control panel. When you add the game to the list, the error should go away.

    I really thought there is something wrong with my drivers and it does not switch to dedicated graphics, hence why I spent a week trying to fix it by installing different versions of both Intel and AMD drivers and eventually giving up and reinstalling Windows only to find out there is a hidden blacklist inside the "AoE2DE_s.exe"

    You can only guess how mad I was. I still didn't installed half of the programs I need to this new Windows install.

    Here is how to remove the blacklist:

    1. Before doing anything, add the game to AMD/NVIDIA control panel.
    2. Note down your vendor ID and device ID from the error message. In my case it's "32902" and "278".
    3. You'll need to convert those ID's from decimal to hexadecimal format. You can search for decimal to hexadecimal converter or you can use the Windows calculator. My hex ID's are: "8086" and "116".
    4. You'll need an hex editor to open the "AoE2DE_s.exe" I used HxD Hex Editor.
    5. Open the .exe file and search for your vendor ID and device ID. Eventually, you'll find a list like this: https://pastebin.com/atzRc3fc
    6. There should be a "unsupported" : "true" text right after your vendor ID and device ID. You'll need to change it to "unsupported" : "false" Make sure that you'll not changing the file size or forgetting to put the quote mark and comma. There is a few blank spaces after the unsupported text, so it should fit.
    7. Save and exit from Hex editor.
    8. Launch the game. The error should be gone.

    I actually played some of the Art of War campaigns and ran the benchmark. I got 987, which is slightly below the required 1000. The game runs fine, didn't have any problems so far.

    submitted by /u/mustafacan
    [link] [comments]

    When you MAA rush an opponent who skipped getting loom

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 10:59 PM PST

    DAVE MASTERPEICE

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 01:55 PM PST

    I'm experiencing some severe AoE2DE GPU issues since the latest update. Can anyone help?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:44 PM PST

    Hi guys, the Steam DE had been running fine on my PC until the most recent update. Since then, my GPU usage during gameplay has spiked to 90-100%, and the temperature gets pushed to 70-80 degree Celsius. But the crux of the matter is that it now causes my PC to frequently crash now when I'm playing DE. Yep, the good ol' BSOD.

    I use a Sapphire RX580+Ryzen 1600+Asus B450F+16GB Corsair.

    All other parts are at their usual temperature. I've tried other GPU-intensive games but it only seems to occur when I'm playing DE.

    Has anyone else experienced their PC crashing after the latest update following the DLC?

    submitted by /u/nilluminator
    [link] [comments]

    Can I please of play a me vs ai game without the nomad start?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 06:11 PM PST

    I may be showing my noobness but if I just want to play against ai only, the game has been only giving me a nomad start. Yeah maybe the developers want to switch things up on us by forcing it but I really don't want to nomad start in every vs ai game.

    I can't find a setting that turns it off either

    submitted by /u/unionoftw
    [link] [comments]

    Any Irish here? Where are yas?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 03:15 AM PST

    Looking for some local lads & ladies to play with here in Ireland 🇮🇪 Voodo_Chile is my AoE / Twitch name.

    submitted by /u/sometinecool
    [link] [comments]

    The Ultimate Question - What's the best player color?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 08:57 AM PST

    China over Franks

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 08:51 AM PST

    China over Franks

    Run back to France, the desert is ours! :)

    I average around 1200 elo, and i like to check the civ stats now and then, feels so much better when a civ with one of the lowest win rates for my elo, beats the reigning champ.

    On a side note, always take at least 1 archer armour upgrade, it forces knights up to 4 instead of 3 hits to kill an xbow and 5 instead 4 to kill a chuuk chuuk

    submitted by /u/Helikaon48
    [link] [comments]

    AoE2:DE is still unplayable since the Lords of the West update (almost 2 weeks)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings fellow Redditors,

    Since the update of Lords of the West on 26th of January the game is litterly unplayable for me and alot of other people.

    5 to 10 minutes into the game the game freezes and crashes. This in online multiplayer, single player, campaign, ...

    I want to draw attention to this as the top players don't have any problems with this. I think it's mainly for non-gaming computers. I really hope this is top priority for the developers!

    If you also have problems, please let it know!

    submitted by /u/Deemril
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with 1200s naked FC!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 05:02 AM PST

    I've been really surprised by the number of players I've encountered over the past few days on arabia who try a blatant FC without so much as a militia.

    Needless to say they all lost to early pressure. But seriously what's up with this? And how the heck do people get to 1200 like this? Do they just get a lucky streak against other players who also are pacifists until castle age?

    So confused.

    submitted by /u/Odysseus7754
    [link] [comments]

    [TWest] Why Clicking Trees Is So Difficult - And a Mod to Fix the Problem

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:54 AM PST

    Campaign difficulty and civ changes

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 08:33 AM PST

    I had a sudden thought about all the updates. These should have an effect in the campaigns as well? Are there any campaigns which have become significantly harder or easier due to these updates?

    For instance, I imagine that the current state of the coustillier is making the burgundians campaign a bit easier currently?

    submitted by /u/NeedAmedic88
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment