• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 20, 2021

    Age of Empires II Attacking someone in castle age with knights or crossbows...

    Age of Empires II Attacking someone in castle age with knights or crossbows...


    Attacking someone in castle age with knights or crossbows...

    Posted: 20 May 2021 01:21 AM PDT

    WANTED: 1400 Elo player, creating "NOOBS ONLY" lobbies

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    Depression

    Posted: 19 May 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    If any of yall were around last year , in the summer me and my friends play a 8 week "Game" / Campaign using a world map of all the aoe civs and play aoe games to simulate wars . This year ive updated the map to include the new civs . Enjoy !

    Posted: 19 May 2021 11:58 AM PDT

    Dawn of the Dukes DLC code name is "Prague"

    Posted: 20 May 2021 03:52 AM PDT

    Bohemian civilization confirmed!

    source: https://steamdb.info/app/813780/dlc/

    submitted by /u/andistrasser
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone actually like having those sound effect mods automatically installed?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    I just want to express how much I hate it when I hear strange sounds mid game. It's just a terrible idea. I have no idea why the devs think this is cool. It's one thing to earn mods you like and then choose to install them, it's another to have them shoved down your throat.

    Devs please stop automatically changing my sound effects. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/LonelyRabboni
    [link] [comments]

    Trivia about Berserks

    Posted: 20 May 2021 01:47 AM PDT

    Up until April 2021 (this was changed with patch released around 4 May 2021), the healing rate of Berserks was tied to the Civilization, not the unit. Other such common phenomenon is Keshiks upon release (gold generation was tied to Tatars), monk technologies like Redemption, Heresy, etc

    What I mean to say is that if you converted a post-Imperial Viking Berserk (without Heresy of course), when you lack Berserkergang yourself (non-viking + you as Viking when you haven't researched the tech), the healing rate of the converted Berserk dropped from 40 HP/min to 20 HP/min.

    submitted by /u/Holy-Roman-Emperor
    [link] [comments]

    In 15 mins to Age 3 FML

    Posted: 20 May 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    Picked up DE yesterday because I wanted to revisit aoe2 feels from childhood. Is it just me or is the difficulty way higher than the original game?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 03:54 AM PDT

    I've tried Joan of arc mission 2 four times and I'm getting stomped by the southern and the Northern English. I had played all of the missions on the original on medium difficulty (as a kid). Now, I've tried hard twice and moderate twice and even on moderate, by the time my siege workshop is up the enemy score is 2.5 times mine, and Orleans and my military is in tatters.

    Haven't tried it on easiest yet but if I can't even play the second mission on moderate, I have no hope in some of the later missions.

    submitted by /u/WannaAskQuestions
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one seeing this

    Posted: 20 May 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    The whole AoE2 community is Eastern European - confirmed.

    Posted: 20 May 2021 04:01 AM PDT

    I love the art from the campaign so much, and I decide to draw them! Can you recognize which campaign they come from?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 06:25 AM PDT

    Lost to a Tati rush

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    I couldn't cope with the archer flood.

    Gold got denied before i could afford fletching, my skirms did not do well.

    Where do I go to hide?

    submitted by /u/feloniousjunk1743
    [link] [comments]

    www.aoenexus.com is the GOAT site for checking out your personal stats

    Posted: 20 May 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    I didn't know this site existed until an hour ago, and I am ENORMOUSLY impressed by it. I figured I'd let anyone else out there know about it.

    submitted by /u/IhaveSonar
    [link] [comments]

    This belongs here. 10/10 would raid.

    Posted: 20 May 2021 05:29 AM PDT

    [CAMELS vs BURGUNDIAN CAVALIER] Should the camels not trade better than this? Details in comments.

    Posted: 20 May 2021 03:16 AM PDT

    A tale of a Lithuanian lyderis

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    I'm going to tell you guys about a game that I've played some time ago. It was me and three friends in a classic black forest 2v2. Me, as the most experienced player, was teamed with the noobest of the three and both of my enemies were midly experienced with the game.

    The game started with me, as lithuanian, my ally, as berber, and my enemies, slavs and teutons. It was a surely promised cavalry carnage and I had nothing but to laugh about the historical accuracy of the confront (well apart of the berbers but let me have my dream here). As I instructed my berbarian ally to wall his side, I sneakly send a villager to the enemy side before he walled himself. The little heroine hid herself behind the endeless tree as the slavic little village grow into a full vibrant and populated feudal town.

    As I reach the castle age, it was the time to build the fort of which my +1 relic knights would start smashing against everything slavic. I would make them fear like the old Muscovites feared my lithuanian antecessors (I have 0.9% baltic DNA, true story).

    It was about time the second relic was captured that I saw the russians had no chance. Although he build a castle and was pumping those nasty boyars, I surely damaged his town beyond repair, killing more than 15 villagers and putting the fear of the columns of Gediminas on his heart. Seeing that my knights had nothing else to do in his town, as it would be foolish to fight bolyars under town center or castle fire, I clicked imperial age and went to attack the teutonic order town, starting the first polish-lithuanian-teutonic war (as my lithuanian town was already a polish-lithuanian commonwealth at that point - let me dream).

    However, it was at that moment that I knew I felt in a trap. As my riteris aproached the gap that conected the teutonic city I was flabbergasted to find a double wall closing the way. Nearly at the same time my barbarian friend called for my aid. "Help, he has cavaliers in my town". The teutonic snake was at imperial age already and my barbarian ally did not stone wall his side (only a meek palisade wall stand beside his town and the heavly armored monk warriors).

    My head was in flames. It was all for nought? I could hear the enemies (herb) laughing, knowing that I felt in their trap. Soon my town would be overrided by those +2 armor cavalier - or even, god help me - paladins. I had no infantry upgrades and knew that, although my brave knights would resist the wave of teutonic riders, it was only a matter of time that the slavic ruler would send his even more armored army of boyars to destroy my town. Each minute counted and I had to though quickly.

    It was then it hit me. I paused the game as I chatted: 1 sec, and went upstair to get my great great great grandfather Gediminas columns shield (I'm 0,9% lithuanian). Opened youtube and put on "oi šermukšnio" at 100% speakers and restarted the game. Instantly queueing 20 leiciai at my castles.

    At the time I hit imperial age I got my hands at the second relic and my holy man went to grab the third. The relic inspired my people so much that the leiciai were flowing like water from my 3 castles. It was a miracle as not even half minute later my elite leitis upgrade was in. That or something related to a cashbah tech? I dunno, my barbarian ally told me but I forgot. Soon my army was assembled and stood at the gap near my abandoned allied town exactly the time a third holy relic entered the shrine.

    The first trumpet announced my charge against the non bloodlined, full armored paladins. I could even heard a laugh from my enemy. His smile, however, faded as despair took his heart, while paladins after paladins were falling under the spear of my Leiciai. The enemy tried to run but the germanic heavy armor made them too slow and my riders soon reached them, punishing for all the pain they inflicted against my ally.

    The second trumpet announced my charge against the teutonic town. The desperate commander, seeing the strenght of my man, left the gate open, allowing my growing mass of patriot knights into his town unimpeded. Bells were rang, but no teutonic town center could hold all those villagers. Fire and carnage ensured the town and I gave a little pray to those poor souls, knowing that the lances of my leiciai were only carrying the Daut's lord's will.

    By the time the teutonic town was burning an army came from the gap on the north. Not only boyars, which my leiciai could simply ignore their armor, but a grotesce mass of halberdier were in sight. I didn't knew if druzhina was affecting them and the only thing I knew is that I couldn't allow that. I was on the clock.

    Finally the third trumpet announced the last charge. Commanded my troops to crash against the horde of pointy soldiers. I saw man after man fall and the lithuanian blood started to paint the green grass. A single tear wetted my face. My men were giving their life to their country. As if it wasn't enough, dismounted teutonic knights were approaching my flank. I was doomed.

    It was a divine providence that changed my fate. A fourth holy relic entered my shrine. The +1 attack surely inspired my men but the real miracle was my barbarian ally attacking the slavic flank. Confused and unable to micro his forces, the enemy fell as I conducted my leiciai to surround the remaining of his moving halberdiers and boyars.

    My enemies, one with no army and other with no town, had to accept the inevitable. They send me a diplomat, he aproached my throne with his head bowed and lend me a message. I opened the paper and read the four letters that would end that carnage.

    "GG WP"

    Laid my back on my throne, breathed a few times and went to the fridge to drink a shot of Belvedere vodka in honor of my civ. It was at that moment I knew: I am a Lithuanian main.

    submitted by /u/asenhae1234567
    [link] [comments]

    Are Burgundians with their revolution a meta pocket pick in 4v4 arena now?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 11:45 PM PDT

    I tested the revolution quite a bit and am able to get 200 fully upgraded flaemish militia at 30:30 now.

    26+2 pop into 4tc add tc extra tcs starting at around 26 on farms add more tcs and farms untill you have 8 or 9 tcs and 65 farms. Mine stone for a castle as early as possible you want to click up to imp at 26min ish. (I go for 4 darkage farms with 1st farm upgrade and get 1st and 2nd woodupgrade asap)

    I haven't had anyone who was able to hold the push so far. (Was testing it between 2.4k and 2.7k team elo so like 1200- 1500 1v1 elo)

    What would be the correct counterplay.

    In some games where they had strong counters (Bagains 2h with heavy sling) the game dragged out untill after the first push but the trades are just too cost efficient if you have tripple the army on the field.

    Add bbc as siege if needed.

    Follow ups are: Paladin/Handcannon/Keep making the militias from your tc, you don't really use any of your gold during the initial push thus you don't really have to follow up with trash units.

    How do you counter this strategy assuming you get to minute 30 without a huge advantage?

    submitted by /u/Michael_RS
    [link] [comments]

    Has IamChris become a full time caster / casual player?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 09:10 PM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC00u-XPUH-nNhHNU7MsxBPA

    To those of you who don't know Chris, he was the dominant guy in the game before TheViper came and was rival for DauT. He came back to the scene last year and suddenly disappeared. But, now he is just casting games in his youtube and playing team games. Not sure, I think he has become a full time caster.

    submitted by /u/CommercialCress9
    [link] [comments]

    DM gaming, the Official Death Match discord server!

    Posted: 19 May 2021 12:05 PM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    Since the announcement of the removal of the DeathMatch ranked queue and having to play only in lobbies now, a discord server for DM will be more important than ever.

    If you didn't know yet, DM has an official discord server with almost a thousand members: DM Gaming. All the players like True, TheCode, the organisers of DMWC4, all the DM clans and many good DM players are part of this server. We help new players with advice and sometimes even training sessions. There are daily people in voice chats playing DM.

    Tournaments are also announced in the discord. Currently 2 tournaments (2v2 #SaveDM Open and Real Crown Cup 3v3) have sign ups open.

    Everyone is welcome to join to learn or improve your gameplay and to be part of this invested community!

    Discord link to DM Gaming: https://discord.gg/9dN9PEw

    submitted by /u/Blacksky011
    [link] [comments]

    Why are resource costs displayed but not creation time? Time is a resource just like food, wood or gold.

    Posted: 19 May 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    My idea to make Steppe Lancers viable without changing them too much

    Posted: 20 May 2021 04:21 AM PDT

    My idea to make Steppe Lancers viable without changing them too much

    Hi all!

    There are 3 civs that have access to Steppe Lancers (Cumans, Mongols and Tatars). The three of them are mainly Cavalry Archer relying civs who need a meat shield to protect their strategy. After the first big nerf for Steppe Lancers many years ago, they have become a decoration unit. I have only seen them once used by pro players (TaToH vs the Viper, Clown Cup 3 Finals, Match 2, it is in YouTube), and it was just for a moment.

    Steppe Lancers fare against units far worse than knights in nearly every aspect. They move faster, though, but the circumstances where you need the extra speed are covered by Light Cavalry (raiding, small groups of archers and siege) and Camels (against enemy Cavalry and Cavalry Archers).

    While many people think a rework should be done about them, since they are food and gold intensive but there are 3 units that cover most of the uses of Cavalry, I think that, with a small change, they could get a niche for these 3 civs.

    My proposal is to give them +5 Cavalry Armor and +8 Cavalry Armor for the Elite version, so that they partially negate the anti-Cavalry bonus of enemy units. With these change, Steppe Lancers will fare exactly the same against all units that don't have any bonus attack against Cavalry (Swordsmen, Archers/Skirmishers, Knights, Siege), but will fight a little better against anti-Cavalry units. Their gold cost would be justified! Let's put it in numbers.

    In this table you can see how many hits can take a fully upgraded CASTLE AGE Steppe Lancer (Without considering Tatar Silk Armor) from anti-cavalry units, as compared with the fully upgraded knight, and then how many hits they would take with the proposed change. I have considered that melee units are unupgraded (since usually Forging/Iron Casting are usually researched later), but the Genoese Crossbowman has both Fletching and Bodkin Arrow:

    https://preview.redd.it/1xnwjvode9071.png?width=631&format=png&auto=webp&s=8a97ca33758888dc6d431e38e642c5b2706e5169

    Now the same goes for IMPERIAL AGE anti-cavalry units. Steppe Lancers are fully upgraded and melee units still lack the attack upgrades, but the Genoese are fully upgraded.

    https://preview.redd.it/35f9ulwme9071.png?width=631&format=png&auto=webp&s=b68f9f6489a8ea2a954e7d0d1aa5a20cb4024410

    https://preview.redd.it/6xjoakfoe9071.png?width=631&format=png&auto=webp&s=ffb35c17f9602f31d18a140a024d797a29308e01

    The niche for Steppe Lancers would only be for battling against anti-Cavalry units, in which they would resist hits like knights, but more cost effectively. Don't forget that they have 1 less attack than knights in Castle Age, 1 less attack than Cavaliers and 3 less attack than Paladins in Imperial Age

    Please, I'd like to know your opinion about the proposed change. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Azot-Spike
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat moderate AI

    Posted: 19 May 2021 05:01 PM PDT

    At what point did you guys start multiplayer? I played one game and did fine but I'm always scared I'll be squashed.

    submitted by /u/lisaloo1991
    [link] [comments]

    Was checking out the leaderboards. What is up with this Kalashnicov guy? Top 200, 47 wins, 0 losses. Streak 47.

    Posted: 20 May 2021 05:05 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment