• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 8, 2021

    Age of Empires II Empire wars on Team games - no wood lines nor the 11 villagers spawning there

    Age of Empires II Empire wars on Team games - no wood lines nor the 11 villagers spawning there


    Empire wars on Team games - no wood lines nor the 11 villagers spawning there

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 06:06 AM PDT

    So I've found my next hobby.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 10:36 PM PDT

    Amazon tunnel and black forest should never be on the same map pool.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:17 PM PDT

    Hey guys, this isn't a rant, it's just my honest opinion.

    In stark contrast to the diverse and exciting 1v1 map pool, the TG map pool looks so bad right now that I and my guys only look forward to playing Arabia.

    I'm not saying the maps are bad, just that too much of the same thing is annoying. If we're being honest here, Black forest, Amazon tunnel and Yucatan are just as claustrophobic maps in different forms.

    I'm my opinion diversity makes the best map pools and this TG one just lacks that. Open map players like myself are suffering.

    I suggest the devs make it so black forest and Amazon tunnel are made to alternate, I also feel the same about Arena and Fortress. As these maps are just too similar and appeal to the same kinda play styles.

    Edit: I admit placing Yucatan there was a bit of a stretch.

    submitted by /u/LonelyRabboni
    [link] [comments]

    Which civ has the worst of each generic unit line?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 04:19 AM PDT

    Everyone loves to argue about who has the best Hussars or the best Arbs or whatever, but which civs have the worst of each type of unit?

    Militia-line: Persians are the only civ not to get Two-Handed Swordsmen, but their Longswords are actually fully-upgraded. Are Tatar 2HS with no Supplies, no Plate Mail and no Chain Mail actually worse?

    Spearman-line: Turks of course, but Tatar Halbs also get a (dis)honourable mention here.

    Eagle Warriors: They obviously have their unique strength against ranged units, but my beloved Inca Eagles are pretty undeniably the worst of the three overall.

    Archer-line: Bulgarians only just win (i.e. lose) against Spanish here, missing the last armour upgrade, while Spanish Archers are in fact, uh, fully upgraded besides the whole Crossbow thing.

    Skirmishers: Turks again, but points to Franks for missing Bracer, Thumb Ring and Ring Archer Armour.

    Hand Cannoneers: Essentially require no upgrades, only the archer armour ones. Burmese would naturally be the worst, but they don't get HC at all. All HC civs missing Ring Archer Armour thus share this prize equally, except Burgundians, who at least get some extra attack.

    Cavalry Archers: This is complicated. Burgundian CA are pretty bad, missing HCA, Bloodlines, Thumb Ring, Parthian Tactics and Ring Archer Armour, but they get Bracer at least. Teuton CA miss HCA, Husbandry, Thumb Ring, Parthian and Bracer, so maybe they're worst. Sound off in the comments.

    Scout-line: Famously, Teutons are the only civ not to even get Light Cav, but also famously, Korean Hussars lose 1v1 to Teuton Scouts. Shouts-out to Malay Light Cav with no Bloodlines and only one armour upgrade.

    Knight-line: Saracens are the only civ to get Knights but not Cavalier, but their Knights are otherwise fully upgraded. I haven't seen tests as to who wins between a Saracen Knight or a Malay Cavalier but I'd expect it's the Saracens.

    Camels: Again, this is a fight between the non-Heavy Cuman Camel Rider and the missing-tons-of-upgrades Ethiopian Heavy Camel Rider.

    Battle Elephants: Malay.

    Steppe Lancers: No data.

    Have I missed any egregiously bad units? Who would win in the fights I can't be bothered to test myself? Have you pulled off meme victories with any of the above terrible army compositions? Which combination of the 437 Cavalry Archer upgrades is the worst to miss out on?

    submitted by /u/halfajack
    [link] [comments]

    After 1 Month and 100 games later, I finally hit 1000 elo. It's not much, but it was tougher than I expected.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 01:38 AM PDT

    Podcast with Dave: Kings & Plebeians - Episode 3

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 05:08 AM PDT

    Huskarls Thrown Over The Wall

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    So how many of you people now research Atheism just to psych out your opponents?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 04:34 AM PDT

    Admit it, making them hear that sound effect even if it doesn't achieve anything is the ultimate flex.

    It's not about gaining an advantage, it's about sending a message. ;)

    submitted by /u/BendicantMias
    [link] [comments]

    I wish there would be a pop up message after an update to remind me to re-enable my mods

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    Basically the title. Ever since they disable the mods after an update, I queue up, find a game and have trees that fill my whole screen. Just give me a quick message like: "Hey there, we disabled the mods for reasons, check if they still work" or something along those lines.
    Unfortunately my monke brain is not able to remember.

    submitted by /u/ChaIix
    [link] [comments]

    [Game Bug] Killing a scout with TC fire crashes game

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:08 PM PDT

    Just as I said in the title.

    Since the update I have had my game crash every match after killing an enemy scout with my TC.
    Crash happens immediately after ungarrisoning.

    Each time its been a:

    -Private Unranked Lobby with one other human player
    -Several AI players
    -Twice on marketplace, Once on Arena

    I validated my game files, uninstalled mods, etc etc. Going to try the new windows update to see if that helps anything - will report back.

    submitted by /u/-_Audio_-
    [link] [comments]

    Civ bonuses for Empire Wars

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 02:36 AM PDT

    Hey guys! Sensing the popularity of Empire Wars and confusion regarding how bonuses apply, I have made this text mod to help you out. This mod can be helpful to everyone - from a Low Elo Legend to someone like Hera or Nili. Please show some love. Also remember to turn it on when playing EW and turn it off when playing RM. Mod page here or you can simply search for "Civ bonuses for Empire Wars (English)" from the mod page.

    Features:

    1. Expired bonuses like "Indians - Villagers cost -10% in Dark Age" are removed.
    2. Disabled bonuses like "Lithuanians - Start with +150 food" removed.
    3. Civ bonuses have been re-ordered to appear in the order in which they apply in the game.
    4. Corrected desciptions and hidden effects of some techs like Logistica and Warwolf.
    5. Size - 25 kB (which included the Thumbnail of 18 kB).
    submitted by /u/Holy-Roman-Emperor
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Vietnamese

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    Is this the least toxic subreddit on the internet?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:20 AM PDT

    I became a videogamer during Covid and fell in love with 3 games ... AOE2, Ghost of Tsushima, and Conan Exiles... This is the only subreddit I have seen where people disagree without "fuck you" ... You answer questions when people ask for help ... Other subreddits people legit get mad when you answer their question. You all are great.

    submitted by /u/Hombre35
    [link] [comments]

    [Bug] Crash to desktop either mid or postgame. Never managed to see end game screen. SP and MP affected.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    Anyone else experiencing regular crashes to desktop? Since update every game (I've had 12), either coop or random map I've had a crash to desktop. Pre July update since purchase in Feb only had one.

    Anyone else experiencing the same? Steam forums are also full of complaints.

    Bitte

    submitted by /u/MChashsCrustyVag
    [link] [comments]

    Game freeze after new patch

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 08:10 AM PDT

    Seen alot of people crashing after the patch but is anyone just freezing ? not non responding as an application just random.

    2/2 MP games today

    One in castle and one in dark age

    submitted by /u/Sw1fty_09
    [link] [comments]

    Empire Wars build orders?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 05:01 AM PDT

    I haven't found anything optimized other than a single range skirm defense click up at 45 pop around 5 mins video on YT. I've seen some of the Red Bull tournaments but the casters never talked about tight build order timings, probably since they don't know either I guess.

    I imagine this is more important to optimize than in RM since there's more resources in play like how the start of DM is more high stakes than RM.

    submitted by /u/saviourQQ
    [link] [comments]

    Best civs for low elo/noobs?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 04:10 AM PDT

    I'm a noob player, i've been playing this game some weeks and i still don't know what should i play in games. Lithuanians is the only civ that i like at the moment. There are another civs that are good for noobs?

    submitted by /u/Macha199
    [link] [comments]

    Finally Bought it

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 08:08 AM PDT

    Completely new to RTS games, and AOE2:DE is my first ever game. just bought it from the steam sale just for $5 bucks :D so, guys what are your best tips for getting good?

    submitted by /u/Snorlax_lax
    [link] [comments]

    New to the game and constantly losing to more experienced friends - how do I improve?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    I know this is asked a lot on this sub.

    I just bought AoE2 a couple days ago in the Steam Summer Sale. I've been having a really good time with it playing with friends, but constantly losing to them is getting a little demoralising.
    I've already started trying to perfect the Scout Pop Rush 21/22, but the rest of the game is still foreign to me and pretty much after the first five minutes my settlement becomes this inefficient mess.

    I'm not asking anyone here to hand me a full-fledged strategy guide on a silver platter, I just want to know what I should learn/focus on over other things, because even searching up guides and walkthroughs there are one thousand and one directions I can go in and so I end up drowning in a sea of very helpful knowledge that I can't digest properly.

    submitted by /u/SuperiorCiderCan
    [link] [comments]

    I casted a battle between the only two civlizations in the game that don't get crossbowmen. It put the players' creativity to the test :D

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    There seem to have been hidden Achivements added to the game with the July-Patch - related to DotD or completely new?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    Low Elo Discord?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 07:26 PM PDT

    Does anybody have a low Elo discord? it would be fun to do some community games and campaigns with people around my elo (800ish).

    If not is the a coaching discord so i can get better and join the non low elo discord ;)

    submitted by /u/SirFunkytonThe3rd
    [link] [comments]

    My opponent in Land Nomad Found almost all the sheep, Kill one of my villagers and then started to build the town center. *Priorities*

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    Idea for the map rotation / map dodging situation

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    Hey folks,

    the problem with unwanted maps in the map rotation and the alt+f4 dodging situation has come to an huge problem in the online discussion recently. With work and other hobbies going on besides aoe, I usually don't have enough time to learn more strategies and builds for other maps than arabia (usually 6-10 games per week, im ~1400 elo). Being forced to play a random/chaos-map (in my eyes) is quite an annoyance, so I actually sympathize with people dodging queues or I can at least understand them.

    The thing is, that there is an favourite option in the map selection (the star), so why don't we treat it like this? People, who want to play only one map can favourite it and will get it for sure (waiting a little bit longer in the lobby would be justifiable). Otherwhise you have the common ban/pick options. So either I get the arabia or nomad map I absolutely want to play or I participate in the regular selection. No need to change the amount of bans or wasting time thinking about a countermeasure against queue-dodging.

    I'm interested in your opinions.
    Regards

    submitted by /u/ImperiusAOE
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment