• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 6, 2021

    Age of Empires II How Gates Should Work

    Age of Empires II How Gates Should Work


    How Gates Should Work

    Posted: 06 Jul 2021 03:41 AM PDT

    Longbowmen On Top of the Castle

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 05:12 PM PDT

    hi guys, this's my new homemade dock model, i hope you like it

    Posted: 06 Jul 2021 04:47 AM PDT

    Poles should get free spear line upgrades all the way to halberdiers

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 07:40 PM PDT

    It makes sense, the whole country is full of poleaxe

    submitted by /u/randCN
    [link] [comments]

    Ah yes the famous japanese trebuchets!

    Posted: 06 Jul 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    There needs to be a 'select all Naval units hotkey'

    Posted: 06 Jul 2021 04:56 AM PDT

    Just finished a long Island game where i struggled to keep track of my units. I was so frustrated were at the end of the game I find I was fighting with less than half of my units, a problem I hardly ever encounter on land maps.

    Is there a legitimate reason for the absence of this hotkey or is this just oversight from the devs? Devs please include this in the coming patch.

    submitted by /u/LonelyRabboni
    [link] [comments]

    Viper takes a tumble

    Posted: 06 Jul 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    11 But not for me...

    Posted: 06 Jul 2021 04:53 AM PDT

    One thing I wish to see in the Bohemian campaign...

    Posted: 06 Jul 2021 03:26 AM PDT

    ...is the scathing letter Joan of Arc wrote to the Hussites. It would both show her in a different light and is kinda funny in itself.

    submitted by /u/arekrem
    [link] [comments]

    LOTR Moment

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    Today, I was playing in mega random ranked, 3v3 and a LOTR moment happened.

    I was playing with the tartars and I managed to go to castle age in a decent time and having some scouts, so I decided to go and make some raiding. I am usually the one who deals with the raiding in my base. And so I went with my first enemy, I killed more than 10 villagers and then went on to the other two. I think I took something like 5 villagers from the two of them. After some minutes the three were on my base attacking me, castles and many mounted units.

    The siege was strong and no help in sight from my team, but then just when I was about to lose my whole base and the siege was about to be successful, my allies appeared with tons of horses just like Rohan showed up in Gondor, they destroy the pikemen and the chevaliers. After some battles, we clear my base and proceed to attack.

    We made it, we won the match. I felt like I was a pro with a fantastic comeback.

    In the end, they wondered why all the enemies attacked me, I was laughing knowing it was because of my early raids.

    You can see the moment here in this video, the precise moment is about 1:32:00 I think.

    Well, that's all. I think that's the role of the pocket, a good strategy from my teammates I must admit.

    Edit: the time, it occurred a minute before.

    submitted by /u/Lord_Bastian_Marek
    [link] [comments]

    Unpauser Alert! User:drahyrt

    Posted: 06 Jul 2021 08:38 AM PDT

    Unpauser Alert! User:drahyrt

    Ok guys, I don't usually come accross with this kind of shit usually, but this time I'm really pissed off.

    I really hate when people unpause the game without waiting even 5 seconds and after they get the advantage they write "gg ez" at the end of the game. What kind of personality is that?

    People like this people are the cancer of this community.

    https://preview.redd.it/sznnf3pt3m971.png?width=880&format=png&auto=webp&s=f58e265de6e3ec28d96fcbb5131e74fb7d4928e1

    submitted by /u/UCanOk
    [link] [comments]

    Daut insane move on Hera + Viper reaction!

    Posted: 06 Jul 2021 08:28 AM PDT

    Daut and Hera are currently playing Collection Cup and Daut made an incredible move trapping Hera-s scout. Check it out, as well as Viper-s incredible reaction (Viper is casting it on his channel)

    https://clips.twitch.tv/InquisitiveSnappyQuailHotPokket-GoVzj9Qsk49ZK084

    https://clips.twitch.tv/IntelligentPluckyRaisinPeteZarollTie-pw004L-P59_WjLmg

    submitted by /u/KingPupk
    [link] [comments]

    Which AOE 2: DE DLC should I purchase as a beginner?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 09:57 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I want to try AOE2:DE for the first time, which DLC should I pick? or the base game is enough for a newbie?

    submitted by /u/Snorlax_lax
    [link] [comments]

    I’m personally very hyped for co-op campaigns but it would also be nice if they let two people play as the same colour on campaigns that aren’t designed for two people. I don’t see there being any issue to this but maybe I’m just thick..

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 11:12 AM PDT

    Top overlapping subreddits of r/aoe2 users

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 08:50 PM PDT

    Discord Groups

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 09:34 PM PDT

    Can you share your discord groups? I'm 1700 elo in tg but I feel I hit a wall, i think trying new strategies with other people will help a lot!

    submitted by /u/Lord_Empanada
    [link] [comments]

    My new hobby

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 03:59 PM PDT

    My girlfriend is learning to play. Right now she can beat the moderate AI about 60% of the time. She occasionally hits a point, though, where she's on the back foot, and still has resources banked, but she doesn't want to try to make a comeback because she doesn't have the game sense to know how/isn't having fun anymore (mostly that one. She just gets bored lol). So my new thing, is to take over her game and see if I can still win it. I already enjoy letting the AI get to its late game composition on purpose and trying to defend (because I already know I can win if I rush), so this adds an extra layer of unpredictability, and while I normally play on hardest, the lower difficulty means it often hasn't snowballed past the point of no return. I think it's making me better at rebooming and countering mixed armies. Anyway, if you have someone in your life who's a lot worse at the game than you, I highly recommend it just for variety 11

    submitted by /u/Outrageous_Detail135
    [link] [comments]

    AOE2 DE on Linux: "out of sync" in multiplayer

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 01:43 PM PDT

    Has anyone managed to get AOE2 DE running through the SteamPlay interface on Linux?

    I am running Ubuntu 20.04, and I have now tried it with all versions of proton>=4.11 and I keep getting "out of sync" errors within a minute when playing multiplayer (apologies to everyone whose afternoon I ruined, btw, in case you see this).

    I have also tried all the solutions I could find on the internet related to this, including this link, but they don't help fix the "out of sync" problem. I would like to avoid having to set up Wine separately, so if anyone has managed to get AOE2 DE up and running on Linux, I would really appreciate any suggestions.

    Thanks!

    FWIW: my PC has enough specs to run the game. I was able to play offline just fine, the problem seems to happen only in online multiplayer.

    submitted by /u/nihan_shot_first
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone use Vietnamese on hybrid maps?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 01:40 PM PDT

    I really like the Vietnamese civ. I see so much potential and opportunity but my actual abilities are way behind my theories. Originally I got the hybrid map idea from golden swamp. The rhinos and some water buffalo always spawn at the front of the base so it'd be very simple to steal at least 2 buffalo with the TC visible bonus. Also on 4 lakes or any other map the tc position will give you an idea of dock position and where to sneak a dock. The eco upgrades not costing wood is so nice for fishing ships and gillnets alone saves 200 wood. Vietnamese don't get fast fire or shipwright which hurt on full water. But it's still a respectable navy. I could even see elephants tanking galleon shots on golden swamp and immediate conscription is great for navy numbers. I just can't pull off the ideas in actual games. So is their potential for Vietnamese as a hybrid civ? Or should I just give it up? Any ideas on how play them or other off meta civs on hybrid maps is what I'm looking for. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/ndarr1234
    [link] [comments]

    Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Broken Ranked System

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 10:02 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I haven't seen this a lot, but is there a way to fix the current team ranked system? Smurfs accounts everywhere.

    submitted by /u/Gianluca_Estradini
    [link] [comments]

    16 new achievements soon.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 03:20 PM PDT

    Lost a game because villager goes to the outside of wall to build

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I play around 900 elo. I tasked vills to wall up my base in the beginning of the game and as sometimes happens one vill started building outside of the wall. I did not notice this until the wall finished, so I tasked the villager to build a gate in the wall. At some point later I pressed idle vill and tasked it to build a farm. At that very moment an enemy m@a rush shows up and passes through the gate simultaneously as the vill. I was delayed by the rush and got smashed in imp.

    I realise I could have queued up a task for my vill to go inside the base, however that misses the point that I don't seem to be in control of which side villagers build walls from. How come this is the case? How do people deal with this?

    submitted by /u/AgitatedBarracuda268
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment