• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 27, 2021

    Age of Empires II Siege Ram P5

    Age of Empires II Siege Ram P5


    Siege Ram P5

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 06:12 PM PDT

    Finally broke 1500 after just over 1000 games played :)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:19 PM PDT

    How I see the world at the farm nowadays

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    The worst upgrade

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 06:30 PM PDT

    SOTL has a video about the most useless techs in age. However, he made that video in 2019 and since then things have changed. There is a new king (of the losers), a tech so bad it should never be researched.

    I present to you: the Elite Genoese Crossbowman.

    This upgrade provides the unit with:

    • 5 more HP (an 11% increase)
    • 2 more bonus attack vs cavalry (an 18% attack increase vs cav)
    • 4 second faster creation time. (28% faster)

    And it costs 1650 resources, about half of which is gold. For this price you could build an additional 19 Genoese crossbows instead, and this is almost certainly the better choice in any game.

    In a straight up fight between Elite Genoese and non-elite, the elite version is only 11.1% stronger. Since increasing unit count increases both HP and attack of the group the 19 extra units you can build if you don't buy the elite upgrade need to represent a sqrt(11.1%) difference in unit count.

    You would need to build 332 Elite Genoese Crossbowmen in order to just break even. This will cost you a incredible 30,000 resources (~14,000 gold) invested into these units just to break even.

    In a fight vs only cavalry this is a little better, the unit is 31% stronger than its non elite counterpart which significantly improves the return on investment. However a significant improvement in this case is still over 100 units until you break even on the upgrade.

    This analysis does ignore issues like pop cap and actually controlling <120 units, but should still be a good estimate of the actual value. The increased production speed might also seem like a worthwhile reason to get the upgrade but you could also just buy an extra castle with the gold you would've spent on the upgrade.

    For reference the arbalest upgrade takes only ~50 units to pay off.

    Tl;dr just build normal Genoese crossbows.

    submitted by /u/isadotaname
    [link] [comments]

    New player !

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:16 AM PDT

    I bought aoe2 2 years ago and I want to start it but I wanna now if I can learn how to play from the game only without guides ? If not, how much time do I need to learn the basics ?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Minute-Fox-4738
    [link] [comments]

    Counterpoint to the Ongoing Ranked 1v1s/TGs Discourse:

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:54 AM PDT

    What Teutons do against Turks on Arena?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:13 AM PDT

    Run into this matchup recently and I felt like I don't have any good options.

    Turk player got cav archers out and took map control early castle age so I was forced to stay in my base. I managed to get up to imp 1 minute faster or something, but transition to halb + onager takes so long that it didn't matter. In imp I was fighting against hussar + CA + BBC and it really felt like an uphill battle. Especially since BBC with artillery outrange crenellations castles and my own siege

    So what should I do better next time in this matchup? Because it doesn't get any better if they go for janissaries instead...

    submitted by /u/jaggerCrue
    [link] [comments]

    Celts economical counter v mass berserks?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:10 AM PDT

    Seems to be happening more often that if a game drags into imperial vikings almost always go E berserk. Had a few different matches v mass serk, and was wondering about celts specifically.

    Champs barely just make it to a 50% win ratio with 40 v 30 (roughly same res) . Woads absolutely get flattened.

    Seems the only way is protecting mass scorps? But if any of the berserks get close enough they're all basically dead? Also means with berserkers rapid speed its quite easy to flank..

    submitted by /u/Helikaon48
    [link] [comments]

    16 Hidden Achievements

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 08:43 AM PDT

    Does anyone know what the 16 hidden achievements are and how to unlock them? I don't do any of the campaign stuff so if it's related to that I'll never find out on my own.

    submitted by /u/TomBot019
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for teammates (between 950 and 1050 1v1 elo)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 04:13 PM PDT

    Hey, I regularly play Aoe2, almost every day, and I would like to find people to play with on a regular basis, between us for fun games like pilgrim, regicide etc or as teammates for ranked games.

    Obviously I would prefer people around my level so that nobody gets left behind or people carrying the whole team. I'm currently 1006 elo in 1v1 and 1375 in team games.

    And what would make this perfect is if we could play vocal on discord so, I guess the more simple would be english speakers, I'm french but I think i can speak english pretty well and since I watch a lot of t90 streams I know the units, tech etc names in english.

    I hope to see you soon ^^

    submitted by /u/FuraxMax
    [link] [comments]

    Custom maps and how can I play them?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:37 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    Where and how can I play custom maps like forest nothing, pilgrim nothing etc? I never find them on lobby search and when I try to host them, nobody ever joins. Is there a separate forum where people talk about such maps? Or players have organised themselves into clans/discord groups and play among themselves and I'm missing out? I'd like to join such groups if I get some information. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/vajrasena
    [link] [comments]

    isnt it a bit shamefur, that the civ with probably the 2nd best camels, loses to franks the 2nd most?? maybe an indication both how bad camels are, and how very specific their eco boost is?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:48 AM PDT

    Thoughts on AOE also having night mode

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    As the game is hard and time consuming as itself. What do you guys think of having it in night mode. Like it would have lower visibility, crop production better the next day and some stuff like that.

    submitted by /u/UserName2599
    [link] [comments]

    Berserks vs Champions

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    Been learning Vikings recently, curious if there's any wisdom out there about when to use Berserks vs Champs vs not bothering? It's tempting to start queuing up Berserks once I get a castle up, but when I think of them more like a Champion with regeneration they start to feel like they might not be a great investment unless you're fighting off lots of trash - should I invest that food into pikes instead and save the gold for arbs?

    submitted by /u/OLTARZEWSKT1
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the meta for 2v2 Nomad?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    In 1v1 nomad, the meta seems to be to control water for fish. I would assume this is the same in 2v2? I rarely fight back on water pressure and just switch focus on land, so wondering if that is a huge mistake or not a big deal.

    Otherwise, any other tips are helpful, such as things like building the TC as soon as the game starts vs looking for a bit to find the perfect spot. Does it pay off to be picky?

    submitted by /u/Dj-oatmeal
    [link] [comments]

    New player

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:57 AM PDT

    I'm a completely new players. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/mosesmosedale
    [link] [comments]

    To the one who created the Aoe2 DE version of Kaesong

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    Holy shit you are a madman it was so hard , i never thought i would be afraid of enemy archers attacking my towers .

    Hope i can get some more actually

    submitted by /u/needanaccount125
    [link] [comments]

    When the army isn't big enough to save both your friends and you gotta choose.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:33 AM PDT

    How to enjoy this game?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 02:36 PM PDT

    I started playing Age2 this year after my best friend suggested it to me, for multiplayer because he lives halfway across the world. I never played this, or any in the series, ever before. I have played factorio and I love that game. So I gave this a try.

    I beat him repeatedly. He is by no means competitive and just wanted to revisit the nostalgia. However, I played just to win. And then he stopped playing with me because his life got busy. So I tried multiplayer lobbies and just what in tarnation is that gameplay?!!?

    I watched Spirit of the law, Hera videos and I thought I was prepared. I even occassionally looked around this sub to get more info. I can get to 18 villagers and progress to next age in 12 minutes but after that, the opponents grow exponentially and I don't. Now, I know I have to play 10 or so matches for proper matchmaking experience. And I did that. But I'm getting my ass handed to me over and over again. And that, certainly, is not enjoyable. I'm not a sore loser but after a losing streak, I felt like uninstalling.

    I can't enjoy this game if I don't get better at it. And I can't get better because the current gameplay is not enjoyable for me to even try and push to win.

    Help?

    submitted by /u/HorizonSkip
    [link] [comments]

    8 Relics on 4v4 ranked is an instant win. Endless Paladins

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:49 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment