• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 9, 2022

    Age of Empires II I need ideas for using longswords as main unit in castle age

    Age of Empires II I need ideas for using longswords as main unit in castle age


    I need ideas for using longswords as main unit in castle age

    Posted: 09 Mar 2022 08:20 AM PST

    So I played a game yesterday (1200 ELO) where I went all in with FU longswords as Malians. It was so much fun to see my opponents crossbow death ball do nothing to my swarm.

    just before resigning and gg'in my opponent sent a message saying: "pfffuuuuu".

    Obviously if as Malians you luck into an opponent who goes crossbow/arb, that's great!

    But in general, what are some ways to use longswords with other civs?

    The civs that make most sense to me are Celts, Teutons, Burmese, Vikings, Goths, Malians.

    If you are not Malians, how do you fight crossbows in castle age? What about knights civs in castle age? Against horse archers, longswords are the worst thing you can do, so what would you use to compliment the longswords when facing HA?

    submitted by /u/Denikin_Tsar
    [link] [comments]

    Infantry fix: attack range

    Posted: 09 Mar 2022 09:03 AM PST

    The Kamayuk (and Steppe Lancers) attack range of 2 makes them more effective than their raw stats would indicate. In mass battles they more quickly take down opposition units and spend less time pathing around.

    Since this is an already existing mechanic, maybe this could provide a small buff to infantry. Their range could be 1.5. That would mimic infantry fighting in formation and "holding the line" against cavalry charges.

    In fact there could be a mix of attack ranges. Knights could have the shortest; they are mobile on the battlefield but not agile in battle. Units like jaguars that need a little something extra could be 1.65

    Inspired by a suggestion to make infantry hit boxes smaller (so they are better at pathing to enemy units)

    submitted by /u/HolmesMalone
    [link] [comments]

    What is with these vibes

    Posted: 09 Mar 2022 11:15 AM PST

    What's the deal with 1k rating?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2022 08:15 AM PST

    I dipped down to about 800 rating when I first started playing the game, then I slowly got up to 1k and it feels like before I was facing people like myself who might play a bit agressive and follow a vague build order, but the last 5 games after reaching 1k has been village rushes which wall in my berries and steal my sheep, drush ---> cavalry archers, tower rushes who seem to have significantly better eco than me after putting down 5 towers in my base. Am I just facing people who're restarting their rank or what's going on? It feels like I went from a fair competition where my winrate was around 50% to just getting stomped by far better players each game. I feel like the game went from managable to completely panic inducing

    And how do I deal with stuff like mass cavalry archers, tower rushes? I tried punishing my opponent by sending knights into their eco but they had towers in their base as well when I got there and then they began mass producing war wagons, what are those units weak too?

    submitted by /u/Nesqu
    [link] [comments]

    Untranslated Chinese Custom Campaigns Backgrounds Showcase

    Posted: 09 Mar 2022 07:47 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment