• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 23, 2022

    Age of Empires 3 Where the timelines of AoE2 and AoE3 overlap

    Age of Empires 3 Where the timelines of AoE2 and AoE3 overlap


    Where the timelines of AoE2 and AoE3 overlap

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 06:18 AM PDT

    The new "Reconquista" card for Spanish is pretty much useless, and I can't come up with any reason it was added in the new patch

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 07:54 PM PDT

    The card may seem to be very promising by delivering a maximum of 10 conquistadores in age 2, however in MP games it's useless for most of the time, and not even situationally useful.

    The two most popular Spanish strategies are:

    1. TP opening --> governor --> FF --> 2 falcs + armies
    2. Logistician --> pikes + xbows --> prolonged commerce battle

    In the first case, there's no necessity of sending out the Reconquista card. The only cards relevant to be sent are 700 resources crates and the 5 vil card.

    In the second strategy, it may only useful if you're making potentially many archaic infantries (pikes or xbows) and have 10+ of them killed to have the intended effect of delivering 2 conqs.

    If you're going for getting all 10 conqs in age 2, then you'll need to have 50 pikes or xbows killed, when you may have to create 90+ of them, in which you could already easily advance to age 3 with all those resources even without collecting any gold.

    If you're advancing to fortress, then why don't you simply go for dragoons? In AoE3, conqs are simply the worse version of dragoons in all aspects, which, unlike the AoE2 counterpart, is pretty useless.

    And not to mention that this card doesn't even count rodeleros as "archaic infantry", which makes it even more useless.

    submitted by /u/mojito_sangria
    [link] [comments]

    Common Civs on the ladder

    Posted: 23 Apr 2022 05:42 AM PDT

    Which civilizations do you see the most when you play? Also, which ones do you see the least?

    submitted by /u/A10airknight
    [link] [comments]

    Civilizations Popularity

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 05:20 PM PDT

    In the days of Vanilla and TAD, there used to be a website where you could see the usage and win rates of each civilization.

    Currently, that doesn't exist. But by compiling our experiences, we might be able get an idea.

    Based on your experience, how would you rank all of the civilizations in terms of popularity?

    submitted by /u/A10airknight
    [link] [comments]

    An incredibly in-depth guide on the Aztec greedy eagle runner knight Fast Fortress

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 05:28 PM PDT

    Sandbox Mode in DE?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 08:45 PM PDT

    Is there a "Sandbox" option in Skirmish mode in DE? I loved to use it to check out new civs.

    I cannot seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/NateA42
    [link] [comments]

    Generic/All-Civ Guide to Build Orders and Deckbuilding for Deathmatch in AoE3! Not a Top-Level at it, But a Good Start for Newer Players!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2022 12:28 AM PDT

    the Chinese are great for people who are bad at rts games

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 05:25 AM PDT

    I'm bad at rts games but I still enjoy them. They require a lot of actions and a lot of quick decisions, both things I'm bad at. AoE3 however is like the only rts game I'm somewhat okay at. Moderate AI is easy, hard AI is doable and I can even beat hardest AI with a bit of training. However I've come to realise that it's because of how the Chinese civilisation in this game works. I don't think I would be able to beat a hardest AI with a different civilisation. That's because the Chinese allows me to overcome my weakness of being slow. Every civilisation has their own unique things. Some of these things add complexity, some just change things around and some take them away. The Chinese however has a lot of things that take complexity away and that's why I love playing them. Here's a list of all the things I can think of right now.

    • The banner army system is great. I have trouble building a diverse army. Figuring out which units I build and in what amounts is complicated. With the Chinese I always have a diverse army. With other civilisations you can start training a single unit and pay for the other 4 when you gathered the resources during training. I get why that's really efficient but that also adds more micromanagement. With the Chinese I simply can't do that.
    • The castle both shoots and trains units, similar to the war hut and the blockhouse. This means I spend less time thinking where to place buildings and always have defensive ones.
    • The flamethrower is a siege unit with the same speed as infantry and is both good at units and buildings. It also doesn't require setting up like cannons. I can send these along with my infantry army and they will do okay.
    • There is no arsenal. This means one less building I often forget. It has a lot of upgrades. No more deciding if I only research the appropriate upgrades or just pick all of them and probably overspend. There is no shipment that allows me to have more upgrades and there is no consulate ally that can give me one.
    • The rice paddy combines the functions of the estate and the mill. I no longer have to figure out ahead of time which one I need. If my resource needs change during the game I can easily change that.
    • The village has a build limit of only 6. This takes less time making a decision where to build them. The village also has upgrades to increase population. In a situation where I'm housed and panicking where I have enough wood but not enough time to decide where to build one I can just press the upgrade. The village also functions as a livestock pen. I no longer need to decide if and where to build one.
    • The shaolin master is the only healer they have and only if you built the temple of heaven. I no longer need to make a decision how many healers I need to build. I also no longer need to micromanage weak units along with my army because the shaolin master isn't weak.
    • I have acces to a factory, 2 if you count the the porcelain tower. Factories are great for organising late game economy when I depleted all the wood near my base.

    I know there are civilisations which also have some of these things I pointed out but none of them combined in a single playable civilisation. The Lakota civilisation is my second choise but they still pale in comparison. Please keep in mind that I'm not a good player and this is not a guide for that. I know there are better decisions I can make when playing the Chinese but an easy decision is often better for my playstyle. I hope I can inspire some players who struggle with rts games to try the Chinese and maybe give some game designers an insight in how a player like me makes decisions.

    submitted by /u/Chrisisteas
    [link] [comments]

    Next Civs we want to see in AoE3

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 12:55 PM PDT

    Hey guys! Just wanted to ask about what civilizations you're all hoping to see come to the game. I love the new content that has been coming out and it makes me want more from the game.

    Personally, I'd love to see the Arabs, Persians, or a middle eastern style civ come next. Maybe followed by Southeast Asian cultures (there was plenty of conflict in and around the area for control of the spice trade), or new European or Slavic factions such as Italy, Poland or the Greeks. It would be cool to have a Mediterranean themed DLC with Arabs, Italians and Greeks all included, maybe even with some buffs to the Ottomans.

    These are all just ideas, but I'm curious as to what other ideas the community has. What would your preference be for a next civ?

    submitted by /u/miguelyga
    [link] [comments]

    What is everyone's main civ these days?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 05:53 AM PDT

    How is the matchmaking so bad?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 03:05 PM PDT

    I bet new players get so turned of from multiplayer. I get matched with people way better than me as a noob. And it's such a skill gap that I'm not even learning.

    Why change from the old way where you match up with other noobs in the beginning?

    submitted by /u/GenerallyTadpoles
    [link] [comments]

    New Colonial Age Cards for Supremacy

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 07:41 AM PDT

    In Vanilla days you picked Spanish, Russians, Ottomans, Germans if you wanted to Rush, and if you wanted to Turtle you picked Dutch or Portuguese and to Boom British or French.

    I have thought a bit on whether there could be more supremacy cards for certain civilizations.

    Such as:
    8 Pikemen for Portuguese (II)
    8 Crossbowman card for Spanish (II)
    Card which enables Crossbowmen for Dutch (II)
    4 Grenadiers for Dutch (costs 100 food, II)
    7 Puma Spearmen for Aztecs (costs 100 food, II)
    4 Dopplesoldners for Germans (costs 100 food, II)
    Early Artillery Foundry Card for Germans which sends 1 Artillery Foundry Wagon (II)

    I believe many of the other civilizations have more than three military unit shipment cards in Age II, and I want to see something like this for the civilizations mentioned so that there could be more early game strategies. I would like to see strategies other than Fast-Fortress being employed for instance.

    submitted by /u/Justus_Pacificia
    [link] [comments]

    Really weird new glitch; can't click on my map or shipment menu

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 08:39 AM PDT

    So this is a glitch that just started happening today for me. Basically, when I try to click on a specific location on my map or click on my shipment menu, it just mutes the game's sound but otherwise does nothing. I can unmute the sound by clicking anywhere else on the screen, but then it happens again as soon as I try to click on the map or shipment menu. And it only happens when I click in the bottom right corner of the screen.

    This basically makes the game unplayable, since I literally can't get any of my shipments. Has anyone else had this problem? and what do you do about it?

    submitted by /u/pjtheman
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment