• Breaking News

    Friday, April 22, 2022

    Age of Empires 3 Are Crossbowmen any good?

    Age of Empires 3 Are Crossbowmen any good?


    Are Crossbowmen any good?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 04:26 AM PDT

    Why do I constantly see high-level players using crossbowmen?

    They are not bad at kiting musketeers, but honestly, they don't really excel at that either.

    Their base damage is decent, but their multipliers and rate of fire are terrible.

    Their speed is 4.0, which means keeping distance for long is almost impossible.

    Their counterparts like Aena, Ottolinslinger, Yumi, and various other bowmen are just flat out better in every aspect.

    submitted by /u/Vikiliex
    [link] [comments]

    Whilst I work on nailing down a build order, any tips for consistently beating Hard AI?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 01:26 AM PDT

    Right there on the lid. I am having serious issues beating the Hard AI on a regular basis, even though I have a good build order and I'm making good progress on polishing it off. I primarily play the United States, a civ which I know is much better in NR than it is Supremacy, but I like them a lot. I'm perfectly willing to switch to in particular, French, Japanese, or Ports if I'm stupid for wanting to main US.

    Couple of things I've been thinking of a lot:
    1) The AI will always age up as fast as it can. It has no conception of "Age II play" or "Age III play", it just zips to Imperial unless it thinks it can rush me. That's kind of annoying seeing him hit Age IV before I'm ready to push in Age III. How do I balance timing attacks with the need to constantly match the opponent in age up times?
    2) Maybe my sense of timing isn't great? I dunno. I have a hard time managing my early eco and balancing settler production with accumulating the 800 food for an Age-Up. If I can eke out a sub-4:15 time for hitting the button I cry a tear of happiness. Any tips for improving this?
    3) How the FUCK do you micro hand-cav to effectively hit artillery from behind? For whatever reason, my hussars NEVER move at top speed and somehow get entangled up in like 20 plumed spearmen or halberdiers, or something like that every damn game. Even backing them up with a blob of State Militia and like ten Gatlings doesn't do jack shit either--I ALWAYS get outflanked no matter how thinly I stretch my line.
    4) How do I permanently damage the economy of civs who don't have Factories or Wonders? I am sick and tired of wrangling up massive armies, demolishing a bunch of military buildings, only to somehow be outnumbered even when I bring no artillery, have all my combat cards sent tin, and throw the full 95 doomstack at the enemy town. And not make a replacement force fast enough to capitalize on whatever destruction I have wrought.

    submitted by /u/BiggestGuyUUUU
    [link] [comments]

    how to begin...

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 01:09 AM PDT

    I played vs expert ai. They fucked me. THEY FUCKED ME SO HARD I HAD TO RESIGN. How tf did they age up so fast and get all those units? Am i too slow? I had 12 settler gathering food.. And yet couldnt reach the 800food for my age. They had crazy economy while i had 45 settlers and yet my eco sucked since all i did was recruiting men since they came at me with huge ass falconets. Please someome guide me on how to begin distributing my settlers on ressources. How many to train in age 1 and the cards i need.

    submitted by /u/DragonfruitNeat3604
    [link] [comments]

    Ranked victories counted as defeats for 6 consecutive times.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2022 02:34 AM PDT

    Title. I win team nr40 ranked games, either by both opponents resigning before the end of treaty (happened once) either by opponents resigning after treaty, either by killing every single of their soldiers/villagers.

    No matter how, the end screens always show win. And when I come back on the lobby to see my profile, there is clearly a defeat that is shown. Have I been hacked ? Is it the game system that has issues ? I have tremendous issues in the lobby because of shitty optimisation and apparently my ping. Never in game. I don't want to play again. I have played 15 years of aoe3, before coming here to play nr60.

    People in nr60 asked me to play ranked games to get my levels higher, it's the only way to fight good players. But since yesterday, each ranked game I win is counted as a defeat. When I come back after the game to check my profile, one defeat is added.

    Even if it is a series related counting method that would add all my victories after, and delete those defeats, I maintain that it is a retarded way to count victories and they should be counted 1 by 1.

    submitted by /u/YellowMoonCult
    [link] [comments]

    As much as I enjoy playing AoE3 Definitive Edition, there's still some gameplay features from Wars of Liberty that I miss

    Posted: 21 Apr 2022 07:13 AM PDT

    TinyMap for AoE3 DE & AoE3 TAD - Ported over from AoEO & AoM - Huge Thanks to Eaglemut, Murdilator, Vividlyplain & RecoN!

    Posted: 21 Apr 2022 07:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys,
    I managed to throw together the AoE3 equivalent of TINY, of AoM & AoEO fame!
    Fully functional*, provided you install the building placement fix included as well (works for both TAD & DE, just different install methods)

    Let me know what you think. The base game Ai should play it to a degree as well, unlike in AoEO & AoM! - Installation link

    *am aware of an issue with 1v1 sometimes spawning Player 2 without a town centre and giving P1 instant victory. Going to need to adjust some spawn constraints later. Doesn't seem to affect lobbies of more than 2.

    submitted by /u/HowRYaGawin
    [link] [comments]

    Inca/Aztec Advice

    Posted: 21 Apr 2022 01:17 PM PDT

    Can't get above 1500 elo and maybe I'm just bad or missing something.

    How do you counter lategame arti with Inca?

    Huaraca don't have the range necessary to kill heavies and chimu will ususally get the job done but die in the process.

    Are otontins viable for Aztec later in the game?

    Once the game progresses to age 3 I feel like most other civs get better options. How do you beat large skirmmasses at this point? I don't feel like coytotes cut it especially cuz they need a ton of investment to stay viable. Is spaming slingers the way to go?

    Are there an non native rush builds for Inca atm? They feel very slow.

    I asked this before but I still dont know how to beat cossack/strelet with Aztec. I'm convinced that cossacks counter coyotes and puma have so little hp they die to strelet before fullfilling their purpose thus leaving my slingers unprotected.

    I feel like Aztec and Inca are kind of meh atm. At leat Aztec have decent age 2 play and options regarding wp boom. Still I feel like civs like India or Haude just do it better. Inca on the other hand seem to have two options: Huaraca FF or native rush, both of which are predictable, alowing for counterplay....

    Also what do Aztec do vs Spain? Won't be able to rush them, rods are amzing vs ERKS and coyotes and lancers are a nightmare as well....

    submitted by /u/Funzellampe
    [link] [comments]

    Church vs Trading Post XP

    Posted: 21 Apr 2022 11:33 AM PDT

    How is the xp difference? Church xp has been buffed in the last couple of months?

    submitted by /u/TylerDurdenElite
    [link] [comments]

    Ethiopians civ needed for the spring challenge?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2022 11:08 AM PDT

    Is it me or only the Ethiopians civ is needed to complete the spring challenge? And since i don't own it i can't complete it?

    submitted by /u/mezdiguida
    [link] [comments]

    how tf do i counter mamluks

    Posted: 21 Apr 2022 11:05 AM PDT

    Speechless. Probably the best unit in the whole game is mamluks. They are tanky af. My strelets dod nothing other than getting insta killed against only 3 mamluks

    submitted by /u/DragonfruitNeat3604
    [link] [comments]

    soldado siege

    Posted: 21 Apr 2022 03:58 PM PDT

    Is it just me, or do the soldados have too high of siege? I understand they can be countered by skirm and artillery, but soldados are basically musketeers and grenadiers which seems a bit absurd? Idk. Let me know your thoughts

    submitted by /u/mhongpa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment