• Breaking News

    Friday, November 29, 2019

    Age of Empires II Estimates

    Age of Empires II Estimates


    Estimates

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:02 PM PST

    A reminder of how far we've come

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:09 AM PST

    New players, hear me out. I come from a different time, a different Age, a primal and arduous Age where:

    - Mills had no reseed queue, farms had to be manually rebuilt.

    - Villagers did not go to work automatically after building a mill, mining camp or lumber camp.

    - Tower and wall upgrades cost stone instead of wood.

    - Town centers only cost wood and received range from blacksmith upgrades.

    - Scorpions could be upgraded at the blacksmith.

    - Hand Cannoneer had to be researched.

    - Bombard cannons had to be researched, fired slow as cannon galleons and had no siege bonus.

    - Bombard towers would two-shot Rams.

    - Rams could not be garrisoned.

    - Ships had no formations, Shipwright had no build time bonus.

    - Heroes did not heal and could be converted.

    - Militia-line, woad raiders, berserks and samurai had no pierce armor.

    - Petards, Hussars, Halberdiers, Thumb Ring, Bloodlines, Parthian Tactics, Heresy and Theocracy did not exist.

    - Civilizations had no unique Castle technologies.

    - Stone walls had twice the hitpoints, Palisade gates did not exist.

    - Cavalry archers fired even faster, but cost 70 gold.

    submitted by /u/Staehr
    [link] [comments]

    There should definitely be an Art of War about unit counters.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:50 AM PST

    This game can only be learnt by reading online the bonus damages. Art of War is supposed to reduce the need of going online for game knowledge. 1999 me never made spears because they have low attack. Surely the bonus attack cant make a difference with an attack of 3? Useless.

    Things that need to be taught:

    - Spear line attack bonus.

    - Archers/skirms vs spears.

    - Cavalry vs skirms/archers

    - Skirms vs archers

    submitted by /u/Elite_Skirmisher
    [link] [comments]

    Size does matter.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 03:15 AM PST

    Where is influx of new players on DE mostly coming from if HD barely has any change in players?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:03 AM PST

    I really believe we need something like this for early game

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 05:09 AM PST

    When you fight back from near defeat - Ageofempires Community Stream Game

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:27 AM PST

    I was honestly curious where all my starting gold were... you can barely see 1 even with clear sight and marker

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:05 AM PST

    Absolutely hate it when this happens

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:43 AM PST

    Give Tatars Exploding Camels

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:59 AM PST

    That's right. Camels. Exploding camels. Ships of the desert. Demo ships of the desert.

    Currently Tatars are a perfectly viable and balanced civilization. Just a bit plain. They need to steppe up their game. Their herdable bonus is super underrated and their highground bonus is kind of overrated. Free parthian tactics is like free tracking or free conscription. The keshik is pretty underwhelming. They need something exciting, something else, something explosive.

    And that folks, is where exploding camels come in. PETA be damned, these guys were my favorite 5 seconds of the Tamerlane campaign. Not only are they 100% historical and factually based, but they bring a quirkiness to the most vanilla of the new civs and reflect the creative crafty siege capabilities of Tatar leaders such as Tamerlane. Not to mention, the meme and mastapiece potential here is absolutely staggering. I think I rest my case.

    If you support the exploding tatar camel movement please sign my nonexistent petition and join the movement. This is your chance to be part of something much larger and more combustible than yourself.

    submitted by /u/LadiesAndMentlegen
    [link] [comments]

    DE wallpaper

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:11 AM PST

    Hey guys, I was wondering if there are collections of nice wallpapers already? Maybe comparable to the ones t90 used in HD days in his streams. Have a nice day

    submitted by /u/Gekkaizo
    [link] [comments]

    Discussion

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:26 PM PST

    tl;dr: How do you all feel about DE so far?

    I've downloaded DE and it's cool to see the new graphics and new civs but I can't help feeling that it's going to further fragment the player base. I primarily play HD edition and I really like how HD still feels like I'm playing the original game that I loved. I don't get that same feeling with DE, and I'm worried that support for HD (and the version on voobly) is going to stop. I know that lots of DE's problems will be fixed as the game is out longer, but it doesn't feel like good ol classic AOE2 anymore and I don't want to lose that. I guess I'm very conflicted with DE and I'd love to hear what you all are thinking.

    submitted by /u/Murk0
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans on here! May you be blessed with many wololos

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:18 AM PST

    AoE: DE made it into the Target Black Friday ad

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:52 PM PST

    Kited this all the way back to our village. (My dad hates turkey so we’re having Wild Boar instead, also got to show him AoE2:DE, he played the original) happy thanksgiving /r/AoE2

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 03:29 PM PST

    You should be able to browse civs’ tech trees while waiting for a ranked match

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:40 AM PST

    As somebody who never learned to play competitively and am only really familiar with the AOC civs, this would be so helpful.

    submitted by /u/axehammer28
    [link] [comments]

    DE buildings glow when producing units?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:28 AM PST

    There are quite a few YouTubers I see that have their buildings glow yellow when producing units, but I can't find it in the setting. Does anyone know where the setting is or if it is a mod?

    Edit: it seems to be for tech only? Anyone know where's the setting for that?

    submitted by /u/SquirmyPotato
    [link] [comments]

    How crazy is this compared to Starcraft?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:10 AM PST

    I like the idea of playing an RTS, but the only other one I've tried getting into was Starcraft 2 and that game was just too stressful for me to try to play competitively. I like having time to think, it stresses me out knowing I always need to be doing something new every second to compete.

    Is this game more chill or similar to Starcraft 2?

    submitted by /u/HEIR_TO_DESPAIR
    [link] [comments]

    I think "Barbarossa's March" is bugged in DE

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:31 AM PST

    In the original version you got the entire byzantine fleet and now you only get a few ships, also the saracens only attacked you if you got close to them now they're too aggresive.

    submitted by /u/jonyalex
    [link] [comments]

    Point of Deathmatch in DE?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:25 AM PST

    I don't see why the game mode still exists when standard game resource settings like Ultra offer the same and Infinite offer better results. Unless I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be better to work the Death Match game mode into something else?

    submitted by /u/Doomfrost
    [link] [comments]

    How long will it takes before someone do a "Definitive edition" version of this gem?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:03 PM PST

    Anybody with DE on steam want to add me?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:18 AM PST

    I am good enough to beat hard AI most of the time. I don't want to try ranked cuz I'll probably get destroyed. None of my friends play AoE. If you want to play vs AI or a 1v1 it doesn't matter to me, I don't mind losing. My username on steam is cheesenoodles

    submitted by /u/hexergon
    [link] [comments]

    trying to get into the game

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:25 PM PST

    Been playing liiightly on and off since i got EE last year, played most of french campaign, but i never really went anywhere from there. The campaign is fun but it doesnt do much to really ingrain proper mechanics into the player, and playing bot matches has been an exercise in futility.

    When I watch a strategy guide, they are all over really time specific build orders for the early game that require rote memorization and mechanical execution of a list of about 50 interwoven steps, to get a fast catle or whatever, and thats all cool but it hasnt helped too too much in learning to play. Even following the guides to the best of my ability, the AI seems to spit out units by the time I finish my "opening moves" and i just get overwhelmed. Should I just keep playing campaign, or is there something that somebody of my level could gleam from it at a casual level?

    submitted by /u/Rynian
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment