• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 20, 2020

    Age of Empires II My TC location in 1v1 Nomad: are you jealous?

    Age of Empires II My TC location in 1v1 Nomad: are you jealous?


    My TC location in 1v1 Nomad: are you jealous?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 08:32 PM PST

    Cuman Boom Experimenting Results

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 02:18 AM PST

    I have been experimenting with full Cuman boom to see what method is best for optimal economy and how it compares to a generic boom. below are the results in order of most effective. All booms were done with normal resources, no deer and results recorded at 25 minutes in game with imperial age clicked and with all of farm lumber and TC economy upgrades. Only did each test 1 or 2 times, so results may vary slightly (though tried to be as consistent as possible)

    1 - 20 pop feudal - Doing mill openning with 7th vil on straggler for later lumber, only doing 1 LC, then making TC with 8 vils, getting to castle around 20 mins and doing + 3 additional TCs. Economy at 25 mins:

    102 vils

    8849 f

    7886 w

    1704g

    18439 total

    2 - 22 pop feudal, 2 LC, 10 vils building TC. Otherwise same as above. Gave quite similar economy, only slightly weaker - probably the easiest boom to do tbh, just do 3 wood openning like scouts.

    102 vils

    8922f

    7528w

    1570G

    18020 total

    3 - 28 + 2 FC build, but building additional TC as soon as hitting feudal age. This boom was slightly better than a generic boom, but weaker than Cuman faster feudal methods.

    96 vils

    8174f

    7155w

    1550g

    16879 total

    4 - Generic boom - standard 26+2 FC with no economy bonus.

    92 vils

    8075f

    6713w

    1323g

    16111 total

    In addition to the above methods, I also experimented with using less villagers to build the TC, none of these builds were as good. Likewise I tried idling to get castle faster, but these booms were also weaker.

    TL;DR - Best Cuman boom is to feudal with 20 vils fast feudal and build TC with 8 vils.

    submitted by /u/flightlessbirdi
    [link] [comments]

    Map size for scenario

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 08:14 AM PST

    Guys I need to ask you something. I want to make a RPG/simulation scenario on AoE II DE and I would like to make it on ludicrous sized map. The thing is that I'd like to have 6-7 players that will play normally and player 8 is for bandits rebels etc. (Outlaws basically). Will the engine handle it? I plan to have the scenario running for at max 3,5-4 game hours (2-2,5 real hours).

    submitted by /u/CrusaderNo287
    [link] [comments]

    Although not directly from the game, I was inspired by my favorite game-mode.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 09:27 AM PST

    NEED HELP AOE 2 DE unable to play with steamplayers/ files invisible

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:13 AM PST

    Hey guys i want to play in LAN with my aunt and some cousins but when i connect to the multiplayer i receive her invitation but when i try to join there is a loading then it cancel and says "unknow error" they are on Steam and i'm from the microsoft store i m seeking for some help guys. Furthermore when i try to run a non steam game on steam when im searching for the file i cant find it even knowing in wich file is it (idk if it's clear)

    submitted by /u/kaizokudz
    [link] [comments]

    Officialy 3-0 in ranked!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:02 AM PST

    Hey guys im 3-0 in ranked and about 1140 elo! Each game was harder than the previous. I usualy ban black forest, islands, and nomad, and have been picking celts and just going full feudal aggression w/ m@a/skirm trush, and it usually works pretty good.The last game however, was most interesting: megarandom vs mayan, but the map gen was basically islands..... so my usual feudal rush was a bit delayed because i didnt realize it was completely an island til I had militia out lol so by the time I started bulldozing his base w/ m@a/skirm, he hits castle age and builds a couple defensive castles and pushes me off his island..... i was sure i was going to lose at that point, but i stuck with it for about 2 hours and eventually got the gg. Cannon galleon helped a lot i think. I think celts are a fairly top teir civ, the dont have arb, and their cav is shitty, but woad raider is basically light cav that trains faster and doesnt die to pikes. And they have solid wood eco bonus as well as flat bonuses on their infantry and seige.

    submitted by /u/Mannelite
    [link] [comments]

    Would you be interested in a Low elo Legends regicide Rumble

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 07:30 AM PST

    I am thinking about hosting one and I am unsere about the Details.

    I just hit 1080 elo and would propably do an elo Cap at 1200.

    I would propably choose a real world map

    Do you got any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/balbok7721
    [link] [comments]

    Online charts comparison (steamdb.info)

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 10:31 PM PST

    I'm new to the game and how the f are you suppose to defend against a knight rush or beat an army of 15 mangonel

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 07:26 PM PST

    Now they know who's the boss.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 08:07 AM PST

    How does multiplayer work in AOE 2 Definitive edition?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 07:35 AM PST

    Does one player host the server and if yes, how is this person chosen?

    submitted by /u/mrconter1
    [link] [comments]

    Get Woad Raided

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 09:08 PM PST

    Problem with the game

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:04 AM PST

    Problem with the game

    Hello

    So I've been playing DE for a while but only the last 2 days I've encountered this problem. My connection is fine. My internet does not have a problem. No one is downloading anything (even if that was the case, I have fast and strong internet). I am not on wi-fi.And I have not encountered problems in other online games.

    In both the games I had this problem, it was a custom game made by me and it was past 30-35 minutes gametime.

    Any ideas why this is happening?Anyone else with a similar problem or this exact one?

    https://preview.redd.it/u1cnjbzau2i41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=9323fa6f24416ae0ca3bfc1a5418bea806ddd4fc

    submitted by /u/CJjani
    [link] [comments]

    People bitching about me having a strong civ

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 06:43 PM PST

    No shit? I picked it. Is it wrong now? Maybe do the same next time and pick something you like, too?

    submitted by /u/Akukuhaboro
    [link] [comments]

    Is DE deserted or is it because I'm using xbox edition?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 01:40 AM PST

    So I bought the Microsoft Game Pass to see if I like this game. Turns out I do!

    However, it's really hard for me to find games (UK time) at any other time that isn't 3-4pm, and even then there are only one or two lobbies open.

    submitted by /u/Astyanax3227
    [link] [comments]

    Why is murder holes not a good tech?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 08:10 AM PST

    I'm not a new player. Been playing on and off most of my life, but never competitively. It's all in the title. Why do pros avoid murder holes? It seems like a fairly useful tech

    submitted by /u/Timer08
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I’m super new (today) to the game and am wondering if there is a civ or civs known for being able to produce units exceedingly quickly, be it villagers or military personnel, etc.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 10:08 PM PST

    My friends recommended fast castle-ing to me and I'd like to test that out, but I think if I'm not gonna be generating any legit military until late castle or early imperial, I need to be able to make them fast

    submitted by /u/tombstonekid8394
    [link] [comments]

    How Overreign DE would look like....weird!!!

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 02:34 PM PST

    Quick question about playing on original data sets.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:02 AM PST

    Do Bombard Towers deal peirce damage or siege damage? I know at some point it got changed so rams could counter BBT with ease. Not sure if that update was pushed to the OG data set as well as expansions data set

    submitted by /u/GaurdianFleeb
    [link] [comments]

    Help me please!!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 04:26 AM PST

    I am in tour and my laptop is pretty old just bought this game and downloaded it but 4gb ram is not enough it says! But on steam it show 4gb should work! It does not even load the menu , any suggestions? Or just play HD?

    submitted by /u/Mr_BOoot
    [link] [comments]

    So... was AOE 2 DE a financial success?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 09:25 AM PST

    For all the incredible praise it got, it won't be worth much if they didn't make money off it right? Sadly.

    submitted by /u/omegalulreddit
    [link] [comments]

    BREAK THE META; The Vietnamese Prush

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 12:06 AM PST

    Hey there! This is Furor_Teutonicus leader of the FavsT AOE2 DE Clan our Discord is the following https://discord.gg/3G7bRgZ.

    I have been working on a strategy for the past few weeks and would like to share it with the community. I think the Vietnamese could use some help and shaking up the meta with an unpopular civilization sounds fun.

    Here is a link to the strategy guide I have made for the palisade rush;
    The Vietnamese Pallisade Rush (Prush): or how I learned to stop worrying and love the Vietnamese on open maps

    Any tips or constructive criticism to make the guide or strategy better would be appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/Furor_Teutonicus14
    [link] [comments]

    Pros joining in noob games are a bummer

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 09:47 PM PST

    The last 2 team games I have played we have lost because of one guy who is CLEARLY on another league from the rest of us, and has no business queuing up in noob games.

    I understand the immaturity and the power rush they get from doing it, but it sucks and makes me want to stop playing this game all toguether.

    submitted by /u/Sneezes
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any custom campaigns available for AoE 2 DE?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 03:28 AM PST

    How do I install them if there are? Also any other cools mods are fine too. My Pc not that good.

    submitted by /u/pyromaniac99999
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment